Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 11:55:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl ripped off my braids
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl ripped off my braids  (Read 6865 times)
littleredcorvette
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« on: May 09, 2004, 04:28:18 AM »

ccorn69
VIP

Dreaming and waiting

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2004, 06:27:57 AM »

pretty funny dude. dude in all honestly demand your braids back man cause axl should loose them   rofl

peace  peace

Thats not Stardust on my feet...
littleredcorvette
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2004, 08:01:30 AM »

LOL, well it's been a while so for all we know, Axl may be back to his old style, or maybe he's done a Matt n Duff. It's actually quite cool that all the original members still have good heads of hair. Slash n Duff now have near ideantical do's to the Illusion days.

I'm not really surprised Axl copied my braids, cause they are pretty cool, and I like them a lot. Abut although I actually think he looke pretty cool with them in 2002, they did hamper his movement somewhat on stage, and I should know why, cause you really can't gesture very much with you head without looking silly and feeling uncomfortable. Even if he jumped off the piano and stuff, they'd just flop about and ne a nuisance. He had a perfectly good crop of hair at Rio and Vegas 2001, and looked REALL good in 2000 with Gilby and Vegas 2000, with only a little receeding around the temples. I'd make the most of it if I were him.

Another thing is, when I took my braids out the first time, my hair was completely ruined. Loads and loads of it had just broken at the top and came out in clumps and the rest was in terrible condition. Red hair is notoriously weak and Axl's is really thin anyway, with all the extra weight of the massive amount of weaves he had to add body to his braids, I can only imagine his hair got screwed. he also had them in way way longer than the maximum three months, because we saw him with them for at least 5 months straight and then very recently again in those club pics with the cigar and white shirt. If he takes them out and has them redone straight away, i can't imagine he has any hair left!

Eeenyway, I'm off to get my nails done and buy some shampoo and conditioner!! la la laaa.
littleredcorvette
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2004, 08:35:38 AM »

By the way, does anyone know what happened between the 2000 Vegas show and the 2001 shows? In 2000, Axl looked as lean and mean as he did when he came off stage in Argentina in 1993, same hair, same abs, just a bit older. Then he put a lot of weight on, then seemed to lose it by 2002, but covered up in big jerseys. Hmmm.
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2004, 10:22:58 AM »

I heard somewhere (RUMOR) that he was on a lot of anti-depressants and he put on a lot of weight.
Beyotch Knowles
Opening Act

Destiny's Bastard

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2004, 11:53:58 PM »

He ripped off your braids?

Ouch!  Did it hurt?  

Looks like Izzy ripped off your friend's hat, too.
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2004, 12:07:48 AM »

Ouch!  Did it hurt?  

(YOUR AVATAR)

FUCKIN?   NO!      rant rant rant

bill213, give this girl a lesson please
« Last Edit: May 10, 2004, 12:13:46 AM by RnT » Logged

kockstar99
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2004, 01:55:58 AM »

little red are you a dude or a chick?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2004, 02:08:29 AM »

Ouch!  Did it hurt?  

LOL rofl
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2004, 02:10:55 AM »

Abut although I actually think he looke pretty cool with them in 2002, they did hamper his movement somewhat on stage, and I should know why, cause you really can't gesture very much with you head without looking silly and feeling uncomfortable. Even if he jumped off the piano and stuff, they'd just flop about and ne a nuisance.

Not to be "negative" or beat a dead horse, but thats not really his hair.  Ive also noticed that the hair seemed to restrict his performance somewhat.  You watch old performances, hes running his hands through his hair every minute; you watch new performances and it just feels a little more...stiff.  He still runs around, but its not like he used to, and you get the sense that the hair might play a part in that, however large or small.

Also, I saw the Offsprings "Self Esteem" video a few months ago, and its almost eerie how much Axl looks like Dexter Holland in some angles.
littleredcorvette
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2004, 05:59:18 AM »

Am a i a chick??? Fucking hell! Do I really look the effeminate?! I'm a bloke!!

About Axl's hair. Well he has to have a bunck of his own hair to weave the new hair he probably bought into, and he had plenty in 2001. I just don't get how he can have them in for seemingly over a year with no adverse affects. His braids looked really great in those club pictures a while back, and he looked very trim and fit aswell.
kockstar99
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2004, 12:50:23 PM »

Am a i a chick??? Fucking hell! Do I really look the effeminate?! I'm a bloke!!
haha sorry no i didnt mean it badly i guess ok
how long have you had the braids in like that??? they look pretty bad ass... do you still have them in? what happens if you take them out??
Freya
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2004, 03:22:38 PM »

his own hair to weave the new hair he probably bought into, and he had plenty in 2001

Axl had hair plugs then.  I mean look at those pictures, it's totally thick and a darker color, it was never that thick before.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2004, 03:23:23 PM by Freya » Logged
littleredcorvette
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2004, 03:51:39 PM »

I dunno what hair plugs are. Most people when they get braids have extra hair, real or synthetic, weaved in for colour and thickness. I just assumed Axl had a lot of extra weaves.

I took mine out recently after 3 months and my hair was wrecked. Loads of it broke out and I've had to condition the rest every day.
kockstar99
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2004, 04:55:10 PM »

I dunno what hair plugs are. Most people when they get braids have extra hair, real or synthetic, weaved in for colour and thickness. I just assumed Axl had a lot of extra weaves.

I took mine out recently after 3 months and my hair was wrecked. Loads of it broke out and I've had to condition the rest every day.
where you able to keep long hair or did you have to cut it real short and start over again?? were the braids all your own hair??

Axl didnt have any hairplugs..... thats bullshit
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2004, 05:18:21 AM »

What is "hair plug"?  ???I often see this word in GNR boards.

I guess he uses extensions that are removable and not so harmful to his own hair.
littleredcorvette
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2004, 06:25:02 AM »

No i didn't have to cut my hair short after. A lot broke off at the top but the rest is still long.

What I'm sure Axl did is what I did: have my own long hair braided with extra hair weaved in. I only had one extra synthetic weave per two of my own. Axl probably had a lot of extra hair mixed in as his ae really thick.

It's not hair plus or anything like that IMO. For a braid, you take three strands of hair and just weave them around eachother to make a braid. What I had is each braid made of two strands of my own hair plus an extra synthetic one of a different colour shade. Yah?
Freya
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2004, 09:14:29 AM »

What is "hair plug"?  I often see this word in GNR boards.

A hair plug is a permanent procedure.  I'm not positive if the hair is real or synthetic, but it's basically "sewn in" to the person's hairline.  Many celebrities have had this, including Elton John, Dennis Miller etc.  

Axl obviously has.  His hair was very thin and receding, and now even before the braids it was thick and his forehead line was much more prominent.  
« Last Edit: May 11, 2004, 09:15:10 AM by Freya » Logged
kockstar99
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2004, 10:26:39 AM »

Axl obviously has.  His hair was very thin and receding, and now even before the braids it was thick and his forehead line was much more prominent.  

i dont know what pictures you looking at but his hair was never receding and hes obviously never had any hair plugs or any hair transplants.... where do some of you come up with this crap....
Freya
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2004, 02:59:17 PM »

i dont know what pictures you looking at but his hair was never receding and hes obviously never had any hair plugs or any hair transplants.... where do some of you come up with this crap....

It's quite apparent to me.  Axl always had thin hair, as redheads commonly do.  And during the Illusion days, he cut his bangs, which is also a common way to hide a receding hairline, which was still apparent in different photographs of his.  The best examples of how thin his hair got was at the RRHF performance with Springsteen in 1994.  Erin Everly stated somewhere that he was obsessed with going bald and his arch nemesis Courtney Love used to crow about it.  

Anyway, flash forward to Rio 3 and his hair is markedly different.  Very thick, and a straight line across his forhead.  I don't know why some people have trouble accepting this, but it's obviously so.  Getting hair plugs can be done slowly over a period of several years.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2004, 03:01:16 PM by Freya » Logged
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2004, 05:45:45 PM »

he was obsessed with going bald and his arch nemesis Courtney Love used to crow about it.  
That's  normal. I don?t give a flying pack about his hair, but sooner or later this issue is coming to be kinda crucial for all the young dudes. Just look at your dad. nervous
it's basically "sewn in" to the person's hairline.
Hmmm?so, its kind of implants? Though it sounds painful he might be a needle-prick-addicts as he has so many tattoos and pierce holes.
Axl obviously has.
I don't know how it's obvious. Still there are good medicines to stop hair loss. smoking
where do some of you come up with this crap....
Not me. the extensions are things to style your hair, nothing to do with this crap. Ask hairdressers.  
kockstar99
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2004, 06:11:05 PM »

he didnt have a fucking hair transplant or any fucking hair plugs...

just coz he fucking cut his bangs on the illusion tour doesnt mean shit....

Erin Everly said blah blah so it must be true...

its no Sooo obvious... he doesnt have any god damn hair transplant or hair plugs... his hiar looks the same at RIR and at the Rock n Roll hall of fame...

look at his fucking Arrest photo in 98....

anyways Little Red your hair looks fucking awsome in that pic... maybe Axl had his weaved 2 times during that 5 month period... in the 2002 tour it was alot longer.. the most recent pics have it a little shorter..
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2004, 08:40:03 PM »

he didnt have a fucking hair transplant or any fucking hair plugs...

Erin Everly said blah blah so it must be true...

its no Sooo obvious... he doesnt have any god damn hair transplant or hair plugs... his hiar looks the same at RIR and at the Rock n Roll hall of fame...

Denial...

I dont know what the deal with Axls hair is...dont really care.  If he wants to get plugs, extensions, whatever, its his business and power to him.  

I do know that the hair he currently has (and had since his comeback) is significantly thicker than its ever been, and those braids are extensions, so hes probably done something.  Nobody should really care, but the denial displayed here is kind of creepy.  
kockstar99
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2004, 08:52:49 PM »

I disagree that hes had any hair transplant or plugs..  look at his hair in the 98 arrest photo.. its not receding or thin..  of course his hair looks thick at RIO hes prob spent some time with a hair stylist or someone fixing it for the show... by the end at PC encore it looks no different to me than it does at anyother time..

If Erin Everly had never started this rumor i dont think anyone on the internet would have ever said this about him...

littleredcorvette
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2004, 04:06:19 AM »

his hiar looks the same at RIR and at the Rock n Roll hall of fame...
That's what I think.
look at his fucking Arrest photo in 98....
I haven't seen this. Could somebody post?
What does 'cut his bangs' mean?

Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: