Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 08:40:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227877 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  ESTRANGED NOT ON GNR GREATEST HITS!?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ESTRANGED NOT ON GNR GREATEST HITS!?  (Read 3907 times)
jimi b
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« on: May 09, 2004, 08:16:35 AM »

i CANT BELIEVE IT! GUNS N' ROSES BEST EVER SONG ISNT ON THIER GREATEST HITS ALBUM. WHATS GOING ON??
DOES ANYONE AGREE WITH ME HERE? THEY HAVE SOME SHIT SONGS ON THIER ALBUM. FOR EXAMPLE : SINCE I DONT HAVE YOU!
THAT SONG SUCKS!
I FEEL THAT THEY SHOULD RELEAESE THE GREATEST HITS AND PUT A BONUS TRACK ON IT * 'ESTRANGED'
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2004, 12:50:20 PM »

I do agree that Estranged should have been on the greatest hits, its one my fav GN'R songs ever! Dont understand y its not on there

EEEERRRR Little boy
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2004, 01:53:39 PM »

Number A, you don't have to shout.  Do you know how many internet etiquette laws  you're breaking by typing all caps like that? Well, you're breaking one. Don't type in all caps.

Anyways, I think it wasn't included because it was only released as a single in the states, could be wrong.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2004, 01:56:32 PM by AdZ » Logged
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2004, 02:04:34 PM »

i think that the fact that november rain is also on the cd has somethong to do.....toooo....

2 8+ minutes song that be too much for the 14 years old kid ...

Mattgnr
Rocker

I'm a llama and very proud

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2004, 02:08:01 PM »

i CANT BELIEVE IT! GUNS N' ROSES BEST EVER SONG ISNT ON THIER GREATEST HITS ALBUM. WHATS GOING ON??
DOES ANYONE AGREE WITH ME HERE? THEY HAVE SOME SHIT SONGS ON THIER ALBUM. FOR EXAMPLE : SINCE I DONT HAVE YOU!
THAT SONG SUCKS!
I FEEL THAT THEY SHOULD RELEAESE THE GREATEST HITS AND PUT A BONUS TRACK ON IT * 'ESTRANGED'

Bloody hell, nothing gets past you.

Yeah i should be on there, instead of Ain't it fun
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2004, 06:14:05 PM »

everysongoneveryalbumshouldbeonthegreatestshlitz ok

yeah it sux, terrible setlist to begin with

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Slashly
Harley Davidson
VIP

-blank-

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2004, 06:43:24 PM »

It?s a shity album with a fucking bad list....lets not give a fuck about it

"But a bottle of vodka still lies in my hand some blonde gave me nughtmares, I think that you`re still in my head"
Evolution
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2004, 07:02:10 PM »

i agree its a shame but think of the joy a new fan turned on by gh will get wen s/he puts in uyi II and discovers estranged ok
badapple81
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2004, 07:06:17 PM »

Estranged was a single here in Australia  ok
Reinaldo
Rocker

"O.K., Nevermind!"

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2004, 07:22:49 PM »

GH setlist  (as everything else about this CD) was made exclusevely by Universal. Axl, Slash, etc... didn?t have ANY kind of participation on this thing... So it doesn?t represent the best GNR songs, but what UMusic considers that would $ell more (and believe it or not... it?s working very well). Definitely, that?s not honest with fans!

Although Estranged is one of GNR?s best, it wasn?t a hit... SIDHY, AIF and SFTD either... but these first two being present on GH would help TSI sell a little more these days.. and that last one would be an "appeal", because it wasn?t on any GNR CD before (as UMusic wrote in the release note for this album).

From UYI II they already had too many songs... But wait.. Civil War wasn?t a hit either and it?s there!!

Conclusion: some people say GH would be a way to retaliate Axl for his delays on Chinese Democracy. So, they could piss Axl even more excluding the song he considers to be one of his best, and his deepest lyrics (along with Coma), as he says on the Making of the Estranged Video.

RIR 2001 - Porto Alegre 2010 - RIR 2011 - Rio de Janeiro 2014 & 2016 - RIR 2022
Rainbow Warrior
Headliner

Appetite for Rock!

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2004, 09:25:35 PM »

Hell no!!! "Ain?t It Fun" is a great track and should DEFINITELY be there! Of course "Estranged" is missed on the cd for people like us who have known the band for many years but on the other hand Greatest Hits is doing fine all over the world and it is hopefully bringing some quality knowledge to beginners who again might buy some of the REAL cd?s.  As mentioned 100.000 times before the only problem with Greatest Hits is its title. I bought it as a birthday present for friend who only knew "Sweet Child O? Mine" and "November Rain" and he was like whoooa when he heard the whole cd. Every track is great and newcomers actually get appetite for more Guns. They should just have called it "GNR Singles" to prevent older fans to get pissed off.  Smiley  
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2004, 09:40:34 PM »

"Estranged" is a great track, but let's face it, it is at heart an "album" track (yes, I know it was released as a single).  The album is called "Greatest Hits", and generally there are only so many epic songs and ballads you can fit onto an album before its momentum gets stopped.  They already have "November Rain" on the album.  Altogether there are 3-4 ballads on the album, and that's enough.  Your typical Guns N' Roses album was a lot of rockers interrupted by a few ballads.  That formula works, because it keeps things fast and exciting and then throws you a curveball with a slow, emotional song.  If "Greatest Hits" had Estranged on it, then it would virtually stop the album in its tracks.  We old GN'R fans need to remember that the average buyer of "Greatest Hits" is probably a Guns N' Roses newbie who just wants to get the big singles they know - fast, hard singles showing why GN'R were the bad boys of rock for half a dozen years.  If they fall in love with the band, they will go and buy the other albums.  And then they'll find the great epics like "Coma" and "Estranged" that they never even know about.  Think of it as keeping a few surprises for new fans.
badapple81
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2004, 09:53:19 PM »

"Estranged" is a great track, but let's face it, it is at heart an "album" track (yes, I know it was released as a single).  The album is called "Greatest Hits", and generally there are only so many epic songs and ballads you can fit onto an album before its momentum gets stopped.  They already have "November Rain" on the album.  Altogether there are 3-4 ballads on the album, and that's enough.  Your typical Guns N' Roses album was a lot of rockers interrupted by a few ballads.  That formula works, because it keeps things fast and exciting and then throws you a curveball with a slow, emotional song.  If "Greatest Hits" had Estranged on it, then it would virtually stop the album in its tracks.  We old GN'R fans need to remember that the average buyer of "Greatest Hits" is probably a Guns N' Roses newbie who just wants to get the big singles they know - fast, hard singles showing why GN'R were the bad boys of rock for half a dozen years.  If they fall in love with the band, they will go and buy the other albums.  And then they'll find the great epics like "Coma" and "Estranged" that they never even know about.  Think of it as keeping a few surprises for new fans.

Perfectly said  ok
Mattgnr
Rocker

I'm a llama and very proud

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2004, 04:32:49 AM »

Hell no!!! "Ain?t It Fun" is a great track and should DEFINITELY be there! Of course "Estranged" is missed on the cd for people like us who have known the band for many years but on the other hand Greatest Hits is doing fine all over the world and it is hopefully bringing some quality knowledge to beginners who again might buy some of the REAL cd?s.  As mentioned 100.000 times before the only problem with Greatest Hits is its title. I bought it as a birthday present for friend who only knew "Sweet Child O? Mine" and "November Rain" and he was like whoooa when he heard the whole cd. Every track is great and newcomers actually get appetite for more Guns. They should just have called it "GNR Singles" to prevent older fans to get pissed off.  Smiley  

Nah IMO Ain't it fun is shite compared to estranged!
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2004, 05:45:25 AM »

THAT SONG SUCKS!

Dude ur a bit late, Greatsest hits came out like a month and a bit ago, and we've discussed this till the cows came home yes

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
ccorn69
VIP

Dreaming and waiting

« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2004, 02:10:39 PM »

Dude ur a bit late, Greatsest hits came out like a month and a bit ago, and we've discussed this till the cows came home yes

dude i couldnt have said it better

peace peace

Thats not Stardust on my feet...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: