Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 05:49:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chris Vrenna talks about Axl/the new band
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chris Vrenna talks about Axl/the new band  (Read 5383 times)
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« on: May 10, 2004, 11:29:34 AM »

New Chris Vrenna interview:

CV: Yeah it never came out but it was so cool.

People are always trying to get me to talk shit but there was nothing bad about it. After I moved to LA it was some random Sunday morning when I was nailing the last picture into the wall, it hit me that I was going to call the record labels and tell them I was available. Then the next second the phone rang and it was the tour manager for the Smashing Pumpkins asking me to travel with Billy Corgan and be a midi programmer. I said yes and I only had that phone number for a week! The guy told me ?You?ll be on a plane tomorrow morning because we need you in Portland.? I said ok and he called me back an hour later. I ended up not needing that list of record labels. I was with the Pumpkins for six months. Then during that time I checked my machine one day and Axl Rose called and that?s when that whole Guns N' Roses thing happened.

DRE: What did you do with them?

CV: When Axl was rebuilding the band every week I was the first guy that was going to be the new drummer after Matt Sorum left. So I was going to be the programmer, drummer and Moby was going to produce. It was like the first incarnation of new people. Duff was even still there and Buckethead wasn?t.

DRE: Got any shit to talk about that?

CV: [laughs] There?s nothing to talk about. Everyone was really nice but I just didn?t really want to do that. I just got out of ten year group and if I was going to do it I would have had to sign a long term commitment. I said ?If you?ve already spent right years trying to make a record and you?re only still doing this. Then it could be another eight years.? It was not long after that when I started jotting down stuff about tweaker.

http://suicidegirls.com/words/Chris+Vrenna+-+tweaker/
« Last Edit: May 10, 2004, 12:06:36 PM by AdZ » Logged
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2004, 02:38:57 PM »

Short but sweet ok

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2004, 02:45:53 PM »

nice interview sounds like axl is takin his sweet ass time

but the end product will be worth the wait!

he had nothin negative to say at all just he didnt wanna be committed for so long to one project

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2004, 02:53:10 PM »

nice interview sounds like axl is takin his sweet ass time

but the end product will be worth the wait!

he had nothin negative to say at all just he didnt wanna be committed for so long to one project

However, being committed to GNR doesn't seem to prevent the current players from doing whatever else they want to do.

Maybe Chris didn't realize that the biggest chore in the band would be waiting for Axl... hihi

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
AC
Rocker

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2004, 03:09:53 PM »

This is pretty old news. I posted this a year or two ago. Regardless, Chris Vrenna's new CD is amazing! Check it out!

AA.

The more I read the more I'm confused, but the more interested I get...
ccorn69
VIP

Dreaming and waiting

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2004, 03:10:08 PM »

thats cool that vrenna said nothing negative.  He was right that it would really be a long term commitment, huh, hopefully AXl finishes sometime soon, I need CD

Peace peace

Thats not Stardust on my feet...
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2004, 05:08:36 PM »

Ah...the thought of Moby touching something even affiliated with GNR

UNCLEAN

UNCLEAN

He can take his talentless brand of noise and save it for his daft releases.......

Quick! To the bandwagon!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2004, 05:25:39 PM »

This is pretty old news. I posted this a year or two ago.

But it seems like the interview was done quite recently. All the comments on that site are from May 2004.

His new album was released in April....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2004, 05:36:23 PM »

Ah...the thought of Moby touching something even affiliated with GNR

UNCLEAN

UNCLEAN

He can take his talentless brand of noise and save it for his daft releases.......

LOL...total agreement.  hihi
Back to the topic...isn't it odd that everyone whose worked on the project has nothing really negative to say about Axl, yet people continously quit?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2004, 05:36:58 PM by NickNasty vol1 » Logged

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2004, 05:58:32 PM »

Then it could be another eight years....

REEAAALLYYYY ?
 Grin

AC
Rocker

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2004, 05:59:26 PM »

But it seems like the interview was done quite recently. All the comments on that site are from May 2004.

/jarmo

That's weird. I'm sure I read and posted this information some time ago.... Actually, I won't take credit for posting it, I remember someone else posting it and I just caught on to it.  I know I re-posted it just last week and someone here moved it into another section because it wasn't GN'R related.... figure that one out!

AA.

the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2004, 06:39:05 PM »

/jarmo

The interview is probably new. When he was asked about/mentioned GNR, he probably said the same things he had discussed years earlier.
He's not gonna mention anything new, since his affiliation ended with GNR years ago...

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
badapple81
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2004, 06:52:16 PM »

Well id love to hear the Moby tracks on some b-sides or something.. im a big Moby fan.. I went to see him live last year and it was great.. had the full band on stage and he played guitar all night.. it actually rocked.. great night out! Tho, I would agree it would be odd ending up on a GNR album, would be nice to hear the demos tho  ok
snow white
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2004, 11:54:06 PM »

So I was going to be the programmer, drummer and Moby was going to produce. http://suicidegirls.com/words/Chris+Vrenna+-+tweaker/
No way!? What a horrible idea. Why on earth would he want Moby?!
badapple81
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2004, 01:01:52 AM »

So I was going to be the programmer, drummer and Moby was going to produce. http://suicidegirls.com/words/Chris+Vrenna+-+tweaker/
No way!? What a horrible idea. Why on earth would he want Moby?!

Cos at the time.. Moby was this techno whizkid.. and Axl was looking to experiment and take an electronic approach to the music.. as reflected to a small degree in Oh My God and Silkworms. Although I dont think he is going as hard on this as he wanted to in the 90s. Just my take on it.
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2004, 01:42:11 AM »

I know I re-posted it just last week and someone here moved it into another section because it wasn't GN'R related.... figure that one out!

AA.

That would be me.. Your post was about his new record, which has nothing to do with GN'R. The fact that you mentioned that he was asked to join GN'R doesn't make his record a GN'R topic either. Like I said. Shaq supposedly had a jamming session with Axl. We don't post his NBA scores here.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2004, 06:43:44 AM »

Regardless, Chris Vrenna's new CD is amazing! Check it out!

Oh! Another friend of Tweaker! *Does the secret Tweaker fan -greeting*

I have yet to aquire the 2 A.M wake up call. It is definately on my ASAP - list though. "The Attraction to etc etc" was a huge (positive) suprise.

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
AC
Rocker

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2004, 10:36:48 AM »

Regardless, Chris Vrenna's new CD is amazing! Check it out!

Oh! Another friend of Tweaker! *Does the secret Tweaker fan -greeting*

I have yet to aquire the 2 A.M wake up call. It is definately on my ASAP - list though. "The Attraction to etc etc" was a huge (positive) suprise.

Dude, 2 A.M. Wake-up Call is amazing! Get it soon!

AA.
P.S. - Sorry to go off into non-GN'R territory!

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: