Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 02:55:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Finck new look? (much better)
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Finck new look? (much better)  (Read 9266 times)
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« on: May 11, 2004, 07:51:17 AM »

Here is some pics I've ever seen on his websiite, it is written "2003-2004"on his website (the flok--->the blind--->pics 01 and 02). it's here: http://www.robinfinck.com/the_flock/the_blind/gallery/images/02.jpg
if this pic is real, he looks MUCH better now, just like a Rock n' Roll guy not a stupid gothic clown. He fits much more into GN'R now than he did before. Ready to be a Star  ok I hope this is a new pic and that this is his new look! It is much better.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2004, 02:07:29 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2004, 11:24:45 AM »

Whoa there, lets not skate over the small matter of the hat he's wearin. I hope he doesn't wear that on stage.

I think he'll still look similar to before when he plays live. I can't see him going on looking like that.

Conny - try pasting the link into a new browser window. Worked for me.

@#$%Muther
recklesslife
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2004, 12:54:53 PM »

Back about a month ago...I started a thread along the lines of "Now that Buckethead is gone...should Finck lose the goth look?"  Well, I was unanimously shouted down as an idiot for suggesting that an image change may be in order...and a moderator even chimed in and threatened to "ban" me for starting such a ridiculous thread...to even insinuate that Robin's goth image is outlandish and un-fitting compared to the rest of the post-Buckete lineup.

Now....one month later...Robin has changed his image...just as I expected he would.  As I said...the goth look may have worked with Bucket in the band...but now that he's gone...Robin just looks like a guy from another band...who accidentally showed up for the wrong gig....the GnR gig.  He was on his way to the Marilyn Manson gig...but was given the wrong venue...so he just made the most of it and sat-in with GnR.  The whole dynamic of GnR has changed...without Bucket...Robin's look just doesn't work.

Some of you people would do well to quit being so paranoid about offering any valid insight....or constructive criticism....towards the new GnR.  Robin's image update was inevitable after Bucket left...and I raised the issue and (as I said) I was shouted down as an idiot...and my thread was even locked!!  Now...look whats happened...Robin has changed his look...just as I expected.  Is foresight a bad thing around here?  Are you people afraid of thinking for yourself...and seeing where the future of GnR might lead?

I don't know what some of you people are so goddamn uptight about.  I really don't know...but...if this post is somehow "out of line" or "inappropriate"....then fucking go ahead and ban me, I don't care.  Its not like we're ever gonna see C.D. anyway...so perhaps being banned from this forum will allow me to get some more important shit done on my computer...rather than posting opinions on some non-existent band that doesn't know how to release an album.  

I just think its sad that most honest or insightful opinions (around here) on GnR are suppressed....or locked...or shouted down by the Axl zombies.  Wake the fuck up, people...this band is nothing but a sideshow....an oddity, a curiosity...a train wreck that you can't help but watch....quit trying to play like you're Axl's PR man...lighten up and learn to speak your mind about this band...its not like Axl hasn't EARNED some criticism for the shit he's pulled in the last 10 years...he deserves to have his ass busted on this board, as far as I'm concerned.  Until Axl actually releases something...he's a fucking idiot who is well-deserving of our scorn.  Fuck you, Axl...get your goddamn head out of your ass and release this album you've been working on for 10 yrs.  Most bands release 4 or 5 albums in the time it takes you to release 1.  There is no excuse for this bullshit.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2004, 01:57:25 PM by recklesslife » Logged
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2004, 01:15:27 PM »

"the hobo look" Grin
he looks ten times cooler than what he used to!
btw, I think the hat is cool! yes

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2004, 01:17:13 PM »

Now Chris Pitman has to stop dressing like one of the village people and we got ourselves a rock band!!!

Axl- without braids(hopefuly)
Robin-new look
Richard-normal
Brain-normal
Tommy-normal
Dizzy-has looked the same for 13 years

Oh yeah we also need a cd now!! And I beleive GN'R are fine with 2 guitarist.

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
axls#2
Fire, fire, fire
VIP

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2004, 01:56:31 PM »

Back about a month ago...I started a thread along the lines of "Now that Buckethead is gone...should Finck lose the goth look?"  Well, I was unanimously shouted down as an idiot for suggesting that an image change may be in order...and a moderator even chimed in and threatened to "ban" me for starting such a ridiculous thread...to even insinuate that Robin's goth image is outlandish and un-fitting compared to the rest of the post-Buckete lineup.

Now....one month later...Robin has changed his image...just as I expected he would.  As I said...the goth look may have worked with Bucket in the band...but now that he's gone...Robin just looks like a guy from another band...who accidentally showed up for the wrong gig....the GnR gig.  He was on his way to the Marilyn Manson gig...but was given the wrong venue...so he just made the most of it and sat-in with GnR.  The whole dynamic of GnR has changed...without Bucket...Robin's look just doesn't work.

Some of you people would do well to quit being so paranoid about offering any valid insight....or constructive criticism....towards the new GnR.  Robin's image update was inevitable after Bucket left...and I raised the issue and (as I said) I was shouted down as an idiot...and my thread was even locked!!  Now...look whats happened...Robin has changed his look...just as I expected.  Is foresight a bad thing around here?  Are you people afraid of thinking for yourself...and seeing where the future of GnR might lead?

I don't know what some of you people are so goddamn uptight about.  I really don't know...but...if this post is somehow "out of line" or "inappropriate"....then fucking go ahead and ban me, I don't care.  Its not like we're ever gonna see C.D. anyway...so perhaps being banned from this forum will allow me to get some more important shit done on my computer...rather than posting opinions on some non-existent band that doesn't know how to release an album.  

I just think its sad that most honest or insightful opinions (around here) on GnR are suppressed....or locked...or shouted down by the Axl zombies.  Wake the fuck up, people...this band is nothing but a sideshow....an oddity, a curiosity...a train wreck that you can't help but watch....quit trying to play like you're Axl's PR man...lighten up and learn to speak your mind about this band...its not like Axl hasn't EARNED some criticism for the shit he's pulled in the last 10 years...he deserves to have his ass busted on this board, as far as I'm concerned.  Until Axl actually releases something...he's a fucking idiot who is well-deserving of our scorn.  Fuck you, Axl...get your goddamn head out of your ass and release this album you've been working on for 10 yrs.

whoa nelly, someone has some bitterness issues.

What Goes around comes around!
recklesslife
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2004, 02:02:28 PM »

I just think its sad that most honest or insightful opinions (around here) on GnR are suppressed....or locked...or shouted down by the Axl zombies.  Wake the fuck up, people...this band is nothing but a sideshow....an oddity, a curiosity...a train wreck that you can't help but watch....quit trying to play like you're Axl's PR man...lighten up and learn to speak your mind about this band...its not like Axl hasn't EARNED some criticism for the shit he's pulled in the last 10 years...he deserves to have his ass busted on this board, as far as I'm concerned.  Until Axl actually releases something...he's a fucking idiot who is well-deserving of our scorn.  Fuck you, Axl...get your goddamn head out of your ass and release this album you've been working on for 10 yrs.

whoa nelly, someone has some bitterness issues.

Yeah, I'm sure thats it.  I'm sure it has nothing to do with most people here not being able to tell their ass from a hole in the ground.

And Jesus Fucking Christ, homie...couldn't you address even one issue in my post...but instead...you resort to the standard "bitter" defense...as I'm sure many more brainless fuckheads on here will do?  You are the weakest link, Goodbye.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2004, 02:24:11 PM »

Isn't it funny that no female posters have posted in this thread?  

Maybe it's just certain guys who are obsessed about how the band looks....  hihi

Did it bother you even back when the band was releasing albums? I always assumed the music was the important thing....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
recklesslife
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2004, 02:40:35 PM »

Hey man...you're the fella who spends his free time running a board for a non-existent band that doesn't
 even approach a shell of their former-glory.  Perhaps your opinion of me is a bit invalid?  I'm just a disgruntled GnR fan with his head squarely on his shoulders...who can see things in the GnR world as they truly are....what's YOUR excuse for your unfailing, unflinching defense of Axl?  Homo-erotic tendencies?  Just curious.  ....recklesslife
recklesslife
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2004, 02:45:02 PM »

Btw...that gleaming grin on Robin's face...thats the expression of a man who receives a healthy and respectable paycheck for doing S-Q-U-A-T.  I'd be cheesin' too...if I was in his position...
anarchy
VIP

Smug

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2004, 02:55:52 PM »

I just think its sad that most honest or insightful opinions (around here) on GnR are suppressed....or locked...or shouted down by the Axl zombies.  Wake the fuck up, people...this band is nothing but a sideshow....an oddity, a curiosity...a train wreck that you can't help but watch....quit trying to play like you're Axl's PR man...lighten up and learn to speak your mind about this band...its not like Axl hasn't EARNED some criticism for the shit he's pulled in the last 10 years...he deserves to have his ass busted on this board, as far as I'm concerned.  Until Axl actually releases something...he's a fucking idiot who is well-deserving of our scorn.  Fuck you, Axl...get your goddamn head out of your ass and release this album you've been working on for 10 yrs.  Most bands release 4 or 5 albums in the time it takes you to release 1.  There is no excuse for this bullshit.

The reason people denounced your thread was because you wanted Robin to look the way you wanted him to. If he's changed his image now because he wanted to.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2004, 03:03:23 PM »

Hey man...you're the fella who spends his free time running a board for a non-existent band that doesn't even approach a shell of their former-glory.

So?

You're here posting so it must serve some kind of purpose....

Perhaps your opinion of me is a bit invalid?  I'm just a disgruntled GnR fan with his head squarely on his shoulders...who can see things in the GnR world as they truly are....

Yeah, things truly are fucked up when Robin's look upsets you to the point that you have to write posts about it.  Cheesy

what's YOUR excuse for your unfailing, unflinching defense of Axl?  Homo-erotic tendencies?  Just curious.  ....recklesslife

What support are you talking about Miss Bucketrose, axlrod... I mean "recklesslife"? As far as I know, this thread isn't even about Axl. No need to try to change the subject. Upset that I pointed out the funny situation where only male GN'R fans are discussing the band's look?  ok

As far as "homo-erotic tendencies" goes, you're the guy discussing the way Robin looks..... Maybe you can give him some fashion tips? Try e-mailing him or something.  ok

This thread reminds me of Foo Fighters' video for "Low".  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ccorn69
VIP

Dreaming and waiting

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2004, 03:06:07 PM »

Isn't it funny that no female posters have posted in this thread?  

Maybe it's just certain guys who are obsessed about how the band looks....  hihi

Did it bother you even back when the band was releasing albums? I always assumed the music was the important thing....

/jarmo

my thoughts exactly Jarmo

peace peace

Thats not Stardust on my feet...
MrBen
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2004, 03:26:46 PM »

New GNR look fucking cool as they are.

They wear what the fuck they want.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2004, 03:30:57 PM »

people made fun of the way oldgnr dressed as well. That "look" became coole because the music kicked ass. Then grunge came and peopel went from gnr to flannel. Then rap came and peopel go from flannel to bling bling.

My point is a band can look hoever the fuck they want. In order for that look to be credible the music has to be credible. Thats why I laught at these hypocrit idiots on these boards who make fun of axl and the new bands look. They can do whateever they want. Right now they are being made fun of because thats all there is to talk about. When they release the new material and its good, the last thing peopel would care about is how they look.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
blues_rock_axeman
Rocker

R n' F'n Roller

« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2004, 04:56:20 PM »

I think he looks like the dude who played Shaggy in Scooby Doo here:

http://www.robinfinck.com/the_flock/the_blind/gallery/images/02.jpg

Grin

I like Robin, I think he's one of the most unique and interesting rock musicians around. I like his guitar playing too, and his peculiar, unpredictable stage presence.

I hope to hear more of his work sooner rather than later. beer

Shuffle it all... Pack up your life again...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2004, 05:13:09 PM »

The look is 50% of the success. So yes this is very, very important
people made fun of the way oldgnr dressed as well. That "look" became coole because the music kicked ass. Then grunge came and peopel went from gnr to flannel. Then rap came and peopel go from flannel to bling bling.

a band can look hoever the fuck they want. In order for that look to be credible the music has to be credible. They can do whateever they want.
True. Isn?t it strange? When the music is awesome the players look handsome (even if they were as ugly as sin) and the better-looking players are the more stupid they look when their music is dull. I wish nesquick could update his standerd of good looks.
SOH
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2004, 05:13:33 PM »

Now Chris Pitman has to stop dressing like one of the village people and we got ourselves a rock band!!!

Robin-new look
Richard-normal
Brain-normal
Tommy-normal

Dizzy has the same styles for the most part that he has for the past 13 years, but he's lost what looks like a hundred pounds since the Use Your Illusions came out. Not quite "the same".
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2004, 05:28:57 PM »

Robin-new look
Richard-normal
Brain-normal
Tommy-normal

Dizzy has the same styles for the most part that he has for the past 13 years, but he's lost what looks like a hundred pounds since the Use Your Illusions came out. Not quite "the same".

Yeah your right, and up close he looks much much older.

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2004, 05:36:16 PM »

Dizzy looks great. He is ok. He has a lot of charisma on stage in fact. I think he has a bigger part in the band now than he had in the early 90's.
In the early 90's he wasn't a Star. Now he is.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: