Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 05:25:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Tommy Speaks...New Album and Tour!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tommy Speaks...New Album and Tour!!!  (Read 18455 times)
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2004, 03:39:46 PM »

I was just about to post this.....Axl has the complete clampdown going now....no rumors...no chirping from bandmembers...nothing. Absolutely fucking unbelievable. Nobody believes he is going to release this record-at least no one outside the 2-3 remaining active Gnr sites. He has hit rock bottom-ground zero in public perception and confidence. Whatever advantage he had in regards to using the Gnr brand name has been completely erased.

Just because YOU think that does not mean everyone does.
How has Axl hit rock bottom?  He has not lost anything. Most causal fans (non board fans I mean) dont even know what is going on and are not waiting for news on CD like the people on the boards.
GHs is selling very well and gnr are once again on heavy rotation on most radiostations.
So I dont see what you are talking about.
 Once Axl comes back again, he is will be huge again.
Just look at the VMAs they did  a few years back when for most people he came out of nowhere.
Axl got the biggest pop of the nite.
No matter what axl will always be huge and people good or bad will always be tallking about him and wondering wht he is going to do next.
ITs all apart of the legend that is Axl Rose.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
kockstar99
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2004, 03:40:40 PM »

It sounds like Stinson has no idea...
lastroots
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2004, 03:47:49 PM »

So Axl is stuck in another lawsuit and Tommy is gonna tour "throughout the next year". wtf?

And, btw, who was it that told us Tommys tour dates last year?

Ahm ... well, I'm just missing Mysteron. Didn't hear from him for too damn long.

/lastroots
madagas
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2004, 03:50:00 PM »

Dave, just referring to the "mirage" of an album comment. It is mainly comments from the press like that and the constant jokes that I hear daily from radio dj's after playing Gnr tunes that leads me to believe the press and media have lost all faith in this record. Maybe not as much the record buying public who doesn't care either way. I don't give a shit what they think because nothing counts until the record is released. If it is good, it will sell. I have complete faith that it will be great, not just good. These comments just make me mad and Axl simply chooses not to defend himself.
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2004, 03:50:21 PM »

Shocked nobody has commented anything on his second phrase" I will tour with them when they call me to do so" yep, they are really tight. This is a real band. Wink

As much as I want this album to hit the stores and as much as I want Axl to take it back from where he left it 10 years back, such statements by active members of the band piss me off. Feels like they are not a part of anything.
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2004, 03:50:50 PM »

Who has?

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2004, 04:03:46 PM »

Shocked nobody has commented anything on his second phrase" I will tour with them when they call me to do so" yep, they are really tight. This is a real band. Wink

As much as I want this album to hit the stores and as much as I want Axl to take it back from where he left it 10 years back, such statements by active members of the band piss me off. Feels like they are not a part of anything.

I agree completely. This comment from GNR's conductor Tongue
Comments like these just show the level of tightness in the band.

So it's like saying that the "they" that he's referring to are more important than him, in the dicision making process...

At least now we know...

Fortus should grab this bull by the horns and get this show on the road. That's the press release I'm waiting for Cheesy  

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
slashedguns
Rocker

Time went by and it all went up in smoke

« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2004, 04:04:15 PM »

yep a real brotherhood. Id tour with them when they call me to do so too Wink

ASSESMENT: WASTE OF AMMO
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2004, 04:08:04 PM »

yep a real brotherhood. Id tour with them when they call me to do so too Wink

Are you surprised? GN'R is not functioning as a band for more than a decade. Axl sometimes call them to record, and that's it. I haven't seen any chemistry on the concerts of the Nu-GN'R - just some guys actually playing together. Sad

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
madagas
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2004, 04:08:59 PM »

Axl makes all the decisions-simple as that. He told you he was the sole boss in his press release in 2002-damn skippy! It also shows you that "taking our recording to another level" means Axl continues to tweak and twiddle with the record-not the rest of the band. Tommy sitting around waiting for a call.....
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2004, 04:09:35 PM »

As for Chinese Democracy, the mirage of an album Gn'R has been working on for nearly a decade, Stinson is fairly tight-lipped. "All I can say right now is the record is going to come out sometime sooner than later," he says, "and I will tour with them when they call me to do so."

Roll Eyes

Wow news Roll Eyes

''All i can say is there may or may not be a person called Axl Rose and i may or may not be working with him on an album that may or may not come out.....''

Quick! To the bandwagon!
kockstar99
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2004, 04:10:53 PM »

Who has?

i dont think anyone...
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2004, 04:18:33 PM »

Talk about people pissed off for a guy's success...yes, it sucks that Tommy doesn't really know when CD is out, but this is nothing new. Personally I'm glad he and Dizzzy can go out and do things in the meantime to pursue their own goals. As for Axl being a joke, well, as someone else pointed out GH's sales prove that the man's legacy with or without CD is no joke. I'll applaud Tommy for chasing a little solo success while we wait  peace

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2004, 04:37:09 PM »

" I will tour with them when they call me to do so" yep, they are really tight. Wink
So it's like saying that the "they" that he's referring to are more important than him, in the dicision making process...

Hummm.... ???who are they? Tongue  Plural.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2004, 05:13:43 PM »

Are you surprised? GN'R is not functioning as a band for more than a decade. Axl sometimes call them to record, and that's it. I haven't seen any chemistry on the concerts of the Nu-GN'R - just some guys actually playing together

not so wrong...

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2004, 05:27:16 PM »

Are you surprised? GN'R is not functioning as a band for more than a decade. Axl sometimes call them to record, and that's it. I haven't seen any chemistry on the concerts of the Nu-GN'R - just some guys actually playing together

not so wrong...

perfectly right
i always see axl as the crazy rich old scientist up in his fortress, and he's doing tests and research you know, and as he is rich and powerfull , he can make people work for him and all ..... scccaarrryyyy  Grin

Dizzy
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2004, 05:45:33 PM »

As for Axl being a joke, well, as someone else pointed out GH's sales prove that the man's legacy with or without CD is no joke.

No, it proves the legacy of Guns N Roses is no joke, not merely the legacy of Axl Rose.  It's photos of the original lineup in the GH booklet.
alternativemonkey
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2004, 05:51:49 PM »

Axl Rose: Last time I talked to Bucket, he called to tell me he had bought a bootleg DVD off EBay and how proud he was to be in Guns and how impressed he was with everyone's performance. Then, in February we got word from Brain that Bucket had called him and said he was back in Guns!?

Tommy Stinson: "All I can say right now is the record is going to come out sometime sooner than later," he says, "and I will tour with them when they call me to do so."

I get the sense that this "band" doesn't get together too often other than the telephone.

Perhaps, Axl doesn't realize that you  have to "physically" be in the studio to record a record.
kockstar99
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2004, 06:10:23 PM »

I think this quote is from last year...
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2004, 06:37:48 PM »

I love this, we now have a new catch phrase to rival "I don't know if soon is the word.."
"It'll come out sooner than later." hihi

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: