Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 05:40:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  A step back since Rio?!?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A step back since Rio?!?  (Read 1217 times)
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« on: May 14, 2004, 04:29:26 PM »

Do you think GnR have taken a step back since Axl cancelled Rio?
I would say they have as before Rio we had some activity (non-official, granted).   We had posts from Mysteron about what was going on, who has now seemingly run off!
Also, we had street team activity going on, now the topic has gone from this page, seems to have gone quiet in GnR world now.  (not that it was ever that loud!)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2004, 04:30:29 PM by axl_rose_700 » Logged

That's a hatrick for Doull
kujo722
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2004, 04:34:38 PM »

Nothing involving Mysteron, including the street team, should reflect on the activity of the group. He obviously knows more than 99% of us here but he is not an official representative.

We at least got a press release from Axl. I would consider that a huge upgrade over what we got in the past year or two.
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2004, 04:36:54 PM »

I guess in a way they have been a step back. They lost their guitarist, they cancelled a show. But we did get a press release from Axl so that was a step forward.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2004, 04:51:19 PM »

We didn't really take a step back....just no steps forward. Some people in here were naive enough to actually believe that Guns were gonna show up to Rio even after 18 months of activity. We all knew that after finding out they were slated to do Rio like 6 months prior too, that something would inevitably happen in the following months that would somehow keep them from showing up. I hate it as much as the next guy, but there is no way they were going to show for that concert with that amount of time for something to go wrong. The whole street team thing was ridiculous in the first place because CD was no where in site and its hard to mobilize people to get excited about a band that has never released an album.(I am referring to the new lineup and not the GNR name.)

We just have to accept that until it is actually in stores, we should just not get our hopes up. Not when the release date is announced because in Axl's world even that is no certainty as something could happen in that period that would cause him to push even a concrete release date back. That just seems to be the way things go with this incarnation of Guns. I mean they are still down a guitarist as they lost their most talented one. Hopefully at some point we get an album, but that might be all we ever get. I just don't ever see Axl being able to mentally or emotionally handle the grind of daily press appearances and whatnot or a year of solid touring without some type of implosion occuring at some point. I have just seen nothing in his prior behavior that suggests he can handle this without some type of major catastrophe. Its not like things are going to be any better in 2005 or whenver than it was in 2002 that will make him be able to suddenly snap his fingers and go..."well....I think I'll make sure I mind my P&Q's so that everything goes smoothly". That is just not the way he is.

So from that reguard, I thinks its safe to say we haven't regressed, but just perpetuated the status quo.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: