Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 02:33:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1568917 times)
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #2700 on: December 05, 2014, 04:15:13 PM »

Do you think the picture in the studio (from the tweet) has any relation to the theme/title of the next album?

Something paranormal related maybe?

I thought that pic would have made a cool album cover.

It would be awesome if it had that kind of theme to it! I think Guns could pull off some cryptic/haunted/legendary/mythological sounding stuff really well. Axl's new style high/clean voice reminds me of a ghost sometimes. Maybe an album like that would be more in the vein of Radiohead. I know Axl's a fan, and their music (RH's) often sounds like ghosts made it. Besides, it would be something totally new for them. Axl is into all kinds of spiritual stuff along with collecting rosaries so I can see them eventually focusing on those kinds of themes more at some point. There was a lot of that kind of stuff back in the early thousands with coldplay and radiohead, and considering this material may be from that era, I could see it being influenced by those kinds of things. Like how X and Y from coldplay was about death. It sure would be cool to see a GNR album that revolved around such a serious and universal subject.

I too think that picture would make a great album cover.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 05:16:26 PM by redneckrudy » Logged

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #2701 on: December 05, 2014, 04:19:47 PM »

Do you think the picture in the studio (from the tweet) has any relation to the theme/title of the next album?

Something paranormal related maybe?

I thought that pic would have made a cool album cover.

It would be awesome if it had that kind of theme to it! I think Guns could pull off some cryptic/haunted/legendary/mythological sounding stuff really well. Axl's new style high/clean voice reminds me of a ghost sometimes. Maybe an album like that would be more in the vein of Radiohead. I know Axl's a fan, and their music often sounds like ghosts made it.

I too think that picture would make a great album cover.

Agreed, it would make a cool album cover.  That said, knowing the way Axl operates, he's probably had the next album cover picked out for the last 8 years.  hihi
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #2702 on: December 05, 2014, 04:20:20 PM »

Yeah, how old was that bike pic?  It was from a while back, right?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #2703 on: December 05, 2014, 04:21:52 PM »

He first showed it in mid 2002.  hihi
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #2704 on: December 05, 2014, 04:26:30 PM »

Not sure, I really do like that one though. I thought the cover and the Asian themed booklet were really cool but I didn't like the star being held by the hand thing with all the people having some kind of power struggle on it. I'm just not into the whole CG look. I thought it had some very interesting possible meanings behind it though.  So far I like the UYI covers and the CD booklet the best.

I agree, the cover has likely been picked out a long time ago as far as my speculation machine can tell.

I'm curious what the results of this will be: "There's some meaner sections ahead but a particular focus once there were a few of the newer guys together was to bring a bit more beauty into our efforts."-Axl

What kind of beauty is he talking about here I wonder?

And holy shit, I didn't realize this much thought could go into these things: (In reference to Catcher) "The bridge b4 the solo is an artistic interpretation of a institutionalized mind. The outro is a tribute to Lennon and an indictment of the author for writing what i feel is utter garbage...".-Axl

The bridge represents an institutionalized mind? The outro is a tribute to Lennon AND an indictment of the author of CITHR? What the fuck!? That's some complicated shit! Statements like these make me feel as if there's way more to CD than I am aware of. I would kill for a more detailed explanation of these kinds of things. I greatly appreciate and admire this kind of attention to detail and intention but there is no way for me to even be aware of it when it goes so far over my head.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 05:13:42 PM by redneckrudy » Logged

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2705 on: December 05, 2014, 05:51:26 PM »

Regarding the artwork/ album cover.  I really hope Axl gets what he wants this time.   With CD I think they rushed the alternate album covers that he wanted and never got.   The album sleeve/liner/notes are some of my fav things when purchasing a record.   Wouldn't it be cool for the next release to come with a small booklet instead of liner notes.    Just something a few chapters long.  Talking about what each song means to Axl and the band members that help write it.   Last couple of small stories about the recording process.  And a few thank yous and pictures.   That would be so cool
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2706 on: December 05, 2014, 06:03:51 PM »

Oh when I grew up there was tons of record stores.   In malls and independent.    Kinda miss them, but I am old and think everything was better back in the day.   I miss arcades as well haha. 

I miss' em big time.  I could spend a half hour in a record store.  Book store too.

These days, the only things in malls are places to eat.  Amazon killed all those places, unfortunately.
Amazon is only starting to really catch on here.  So I wouldn't blame them

I blame the computer for the decline in pretty much everything.    Record stores.  Movie stores. 

Here malls are actually dying as well, with strip malls taking over.   Big outlet stores     

What it all comes down to is that people are cheap.  People want free music.  People want free movies.  People want to think they are getting nice clothes, but want to pay outlet prices.   

I really hope that the potential albums not selling is what's not stopping guns from releasing something.   If they did it right they will sell millions.  Promotion would have to be good though. 

I think even a remix album of CD song would sell a couple million world wide.  And if one of the remixs sticks with the public you will see even more millions sold
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #2707 on: December 05, 2014, 08:56:13 PM »

Oh when I grew up there was tons of record stores.   In malls and independent.    Kinda miss them, but I am old and think everything was better back in the day.   I miss arcades as well haha. 

I miss' em big time.  I could spend a half hour in a record store.  Book store too.

These days, the only things in malls are places to eat.  Amazon killed all those places, unfortunately.
Amazon is only starting to really catch on here.  So I wouldn't blame them

I blame the computer for the decline in pretty much everything.    Record stores.  Movie stores. 

Here malls are actually dying as well, with strip malls taking over.   Big outlet stores     

What it all comes down to is that people are cheap.  People want free music.  People want free movies.  People want to think they are getting nice clothes, but want to pay outlet prices.   

I really hope that the potential albums not selling is what's not stopping guns from releasing something.   If they did it right they will sell millions.  Promotion would have to be good though. 

I think even a remix album of CD song would sell a couple million world wide.  And if one of the remixs sticks with the public you will see even more millions sold

The computer in part...more soecifically the proliferation of the "i" products, or, if you prefer, very small, personal, media servers (+ the fact those same servers are often combined with your phone and primary internet access point).

I miss physical music stores, too. There are some still around...and one or two pretty large specialty media chains..but they are dying breeds. But i realize the world has sacrificed physical media (and quality) for convenience and portability.

If labels really wanted to bump physical sales...they would include digital copies in every cd...much like most of the movie industry does with blu rays. But they won't. Because, truth be told, digital is means no real production costs. They can sell you a virtual product for the same price as the physical...and not have to pay the overhead for production.  They just need to get a handle on the piracy issue (we will see)....its the only reason they keep producing discs, and dont move to an all digital platform. They need a benchmark product to use in/for defense of their digital rights.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #2708 on: December 05, 2014, 10:13:36 PM »

you guys will someday learn...when you start listening to other music, where the artists release music regularly, and its something new and fresh...this GNR obsession will someday be gone.
you will always love GNR (and by that I mean Axl)....but that period is behind you. if you wanna evolve musically, you kinda have to look elsewhere.
if you dig deep enough, there is actually good music being released right below our noses as we speak...
if you look about 6 years back....Axl slipped out a disc right under our noses that rocked our world!
but if you love music, and not a "thing", this kinda stuff happens every month!

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #2709 on: December 05, 2014, 10:15:33 PM »

btw...this forum seems kinda dead, compared to like 5 years ago...is it?

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2710 on: December 06, 2014, 01:54:57 AM »

Regarding the artwork/ album cover.  I really hope Axl gets what he wants this time.   With CD I think they rushed the alternate album covers that he wanted and never got.   The album sleeve/liner/notes are some of my fav things when purchasing a record.   Wouldn't it be cool for the next release to come with a small booklet instead of liner notes.    Just something a few chapters long.  Talking about what each song means to Axl and the band members that help write it.   Last couple of small stories about the recording process.  And a few thank yous and pictures.   That would be so cool

I don't think you'll ever get something where Axl discusses what songs mean.  I know he's done it on a couple songs, but I've heard him make multiple comments about how he likes the listener to develop their own opinions.  He's said this about songs as well as videos.  I remember him mentioning how videos can shape your beliefs about a song and how he wasn't a big fan of that.  This was said long after the illusion days, so he's obviously changed his tune on this topic (November rain, estranged, etc)

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #2711 on: December 06, 2014, 09:13:45 AM »

you guys will someday learn...when you start listening to other music, where the artists release music regularly, and its something new and fresh...this GNR obsession will someday be gone.
you will always love GNR (and by that I mean Axl)....but that period is behind you. if you wanna evolve musically, you kinda have to look elsewhere.
if you dig deep enough, there is actually good music being released right below our noses as we speak...
if you look about 6 years back....Axl slipped out a disc right under our noses that rocked our world!

I listen to tons of music, new and old. I actually think most of the new stuff is prepackaged, label created, phony garbage, to be honest. Its not art....its fodder created specifically to bring in $$.

There are exceptions (i'm digging Halestorm, for example)..but you gotta really hunt for it, and sample a lot of crappy indie stuff to find the good.  The label created stuff (nickelback??) is just awful...and there seems to ge a lot more of that, now,than there was, say, 15 years ago. And yes, i know i sound like the old guy screaming for the kids to get off his lawn....

Point being, you can do both. And coming to this site, to look for potential news and duscusdion, doesnt mean you are hiding in a closet, ignoring the rest of the world, or the rest of the music out there. It just means this band, for whatever reason, continues to interest.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 09:15:41 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2712 on: December 06, 2014, 10:37:27 AM »

Yeah, it's not exactly like people who love GN'R listen to nothing else.
The Afghan Whigs and Mark Lanegan released albums this year, both are amazing.

Regarding the artwork/ album cover.  I really hope Axl gets what he wants this time.   With CD I think they rushed the alternate album covers that he wanted and never got.   The album sleeve/liner/notes are some of my fav things when purchasing a record.   Wouldn't it be cool for the next release to come with a small booklet instead of liner notes.    Just something a few chapters long.  Talking about what each song means to Axl and the band members that help write it.   Last couple of small stories about the recording process.  And a few thank yous and pictures.   That would be so cool

I think a proper "deluxe" edition would be cool. For the hardcore fans.
Nice elaborate packaging, a proper printed nice quality book/booklet.. That kind of thing.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #2713 on: December 06, 2014, 11:17:51 AM »

Nice elaborate packaging, a proper printed nice quality book/booklet.. That kind of thing.

/jarmo

I agree! A vinyl sized box for the CD release, with a big booklet would be great.

What are you guys' feeling for a release date? With the recent development I would go as high as a 80% chance of a 2015 release. Seems like thing are really coming together now. With the recent news of Axl laying down vocal tracks in the studio and Ashba saying there will be touring next year, it leads me to believe that the concerts will be in support of a music release.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2714 on: December 06, 2014, 12:55:18 PM »

/jarmo

I agree! A vinyl sized box for the CD release, with a big booklet would be great.

What are you guys' feeling for a release date? With the recent development I would go as high as a 80% chance of a 2015 release. Seems like thing are really coming together now. With the recent news of Axl laying down vocal tracks in the studio and Ashba saying there will be touring next year, it leads me to believe that the concerts will be in support of a music release.

I ould say we hear new music in 2015. 

It may be via a new album or durring a concert or both
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2715 on: December 06, 2014, 03:11:43 PM »

I listen to tons of music, new and old. I actually think most of the new stuff is prepackaged, label created, phony garbage, to be honest. Its not art....its fodder created specifically to bring in $$.

There are exceptions (i'm digging Halestorm, for example)..but you gotta really hunt for it, and sample a lot of crappy indie stuff to find the good.  The label created stuff (nickelback??) is just awful...and there seems to ge a lot more of that, now,than there was, say, 15 years ago. And yes, i know i sound like the old guy screaming for the kids to get off his lawn....

Point being, you can do both. And coming to this site, to look for potential news and duscusdion, doesnt mean you are hiding in a closet, ignoring the rest of the world, or the rest of the music out there. It just means this band, for whatever reason, continues to interest.

Halestorm is awesome! One of the few new bands to listen to.
mortismurphy
« Reply #2716 on: December 06, 2014, 09:21:25 PM »

Seeing as you listen to other artists Jarmo, I am curious if you apply the same rules on other artists you like as you do upon Guns N' Roses, i.e. ''must like everything that artist does or says and defend accordingly''. Legit question.
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2717 on: December 06, 2014, 10:57:15 PM »

Seeing as you listen to other artists Jarmo, I am curious if you apply the same rules on other artists you like as you do upon Guns N' Roses, i.e. ''must like everything that artist does or says and defend accordingly''. Legit question.

It's pretty simple, not unless he's running their fan sites. 

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #2718 on: December 06, 2014, 11:38:38 PM »

This, the answer was pretty much a no-brainer  hihi

Another attempted slam at Jarmo, if certain people don't like the rules here there is an option for them.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #2719 on: December 07, 2014, 01:38:12 AM »

This, the answer was pretty much a no-brainer  hihi

Another attempted slam at Jarmo, if certain people don't like the rules here there is an option for them.

Oh EmilyGNR, you shouldn't think that just because mortismurphy deliberately put the word "MUST" in ITALICS that it's a slam.  Maybe mortismurphy used an app that translated his "Legit question" into sarcasm!!!  rofl

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: