Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 11:03:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227842 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  "Contraband" out 05/29 in Spain?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Contraband" out 05/29 in Spain?  (Read 3585 times)
Ignatius
Legend

« on: May 17, 2004, 11:40:15 AM »

From HTGTH news section:

According to VR's Spanish record company website, www.click2music.es, the "Contraband" album will be released, at least in Spain, on May 29th.

Well, this may not be of interest to most of you since there aren't many spaniards on this board, I'm one of them, hence this is what I've found out

I'm yet to find out whether this info is true or not. The site has the album listed as " fecha de edicion" upcoming release for may 29th. I have called RCA headquarters in Madrid - if anyone bothers the number is 34-(91) 388-00-02 - but couldn't get a hold of the person who runs the international releases division. I will definitely keep on trying. I have also emailed them, but no answer yet.

I have also contacted two of the main music shops in Madrid; Fnac and Madrid Rock. They are not aware at the moment of the release date nor they are expecting any material from Velvet Revolver. The manager at Madrid Rock told me, they should know within a week in advance prior to the official release.

My two cents,

Why would RCA Spain release the album on saturday? Also, why would VR release the album 10 days early in Spain only? How about the UK? France, Germany...? anyone knows...? However, if the official site from the record company lists VR coming release date as for May 29th, it may be true.

I'll keep you posted anyways...
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2004, 08:55:58 PM »

Why not the 28th dammit. My show is on the 29th and I would really like to be familiar with more of the tunes.

gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2004, 11:27:55 AM »

Are you from madrdid?  I spent the summer of 2001 there and loved every minute of it.  Great food, great wine and beautiful women.  I stayed near the Bilboa metro stop off of Fuencarral.  I also got to see and meet Ben Harper after he played at the Riviera.  What kind of following does GnR have in Spain?  Has Manu Chao put out anything since the live disc?  Leugo...
starchild_666
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2004, 12:59:10 PM »

I don't think it will be released before other countries... it would be stupid move, becuase everyone could get album on internet before it's released in other countries...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: