Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 08:57:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227910 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  wot do u think of velvet revolver?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: wot do u think of velvet revolver?  (Read 17279 times)
Gilby fan
Headliner

Rock on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« on: September 17, 2004, 03:27:28 PM »

what do u think of slash duff and matt new band? ok yes
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2004, 06:18:49 PM »

I think the band is very good, it's a good thing the guys got back together,.. I love the first album and look forward to hearing more and seeing them, when they hit new york again.. :beer:I took contraband with me to the gym the otehr day and heard it on a killer system with ten speakers, sounded amazing.. I usually listen to all my cds on my laptop..
gnfnrs1972
Opening Act

NO CHINESE DEMOCRACY FOR YOU

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2004, 08:45:16 PM »

I looked forward to them before they chose Scott. He basically ruined it for me because he is just one of those singers I really never liked.

WHY DO WE EVEN BOTHER LOOKING FOR NEWS
jrs2001_99
Rocker

I can't believe you just said that

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2004, 08:51:02 PM »

They are amazing... I can't get enough of Contraband, and I look forward to them someday visiting the Emerald Isle!

http://www.theanswermusic.com/

The best true Irish rock band since Thin Lizzy
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2004, 03:07:07 AM »

Good band, great live shows. The album is great too.

moreblack
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2004, 11:01:09 AM »

they will only get better over the next few albums. And they are already pretty fuckin good

Scott Weiland: "Man, I won't steer clear of shit. If I won't steer clear of wearing a fucking Nazi uniform coming into Europe, you think I'm going to steer clear of 'Fall to Pieces at Ozzfest?"
Brighty
Opening Act

jobby

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2004, 09:43:04 AM »

The live show i saw in glasgow was one of the best gigs I have ever been to and ive seen alot of good shows including  new GNR docklands london, not sure who was better but VR rocked hopefully we will see them progress as more albums come out.

CB was never going to be an appetite or even close all the band members are too old and experienced and in many ways cynical music biz wise, appetite was a young hungry group of maniac drug addicts lettin of big time steam that is once in a lifetime shit.

Long live VR heres to the next ten years beer

just because its brown doesnt mean its shite
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2004, 11:37:31 AM »

I looked forward to them before they chose Scott. He basically ruined it for me because he is just one of those singers I really never liked.

would you have rather had some 80's poser. Ripping off the poses of david lee roth, axl and vince neil and sounding like a girl because he sure as hell wouldn't sound like Axl
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2004, 09:07:43 PM »

would you have rather had some 80's poser. Ripping off the poses of david lee roth, axl and vince neil and sounding like a girl because he sure as hell wouldn't sound like Axl

I honestly wanted bach before I heard about scott being frontman, but it would have been like they were trying to be gnr all over again..Now I love bach, skid row was a fav of mine growing up, but he wasn't the right choice for the guys trying not to sound like a gnr cover band..

Weiland brings in a different voice, with a rock star attitude, very energetic and even better then I though.. I think he's somewhat underrated, he's a truly excellent choice.. beer
dontcry44
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2004, 12:10:42 AM »

VR BLOWS!  Talent GONE TO WASTE!!!!      You can have a car running perfect, but when you remove the "Axl", the whole car is useless!  I'd rather see Axl with the remaining member's of STP! Its only a matter of time before Weiland fucks up again.... its inevitable... VR is the remainder of GNR's member's attempting to recapture the essence of GNR without Axl to add insult to injury but in actual fact, the only thing that add's insult to injury is Contraband and more importantly, how unoriginal it sounds and is almost to the point of offensive to true GNR fans who went out to buy the cd only to realize they couldn't return it after opening the package.  VR is an excellent business move to get people excited about a product, but funny thing is, most people judged this product by its pretty cover only to find out that the inside was nothing short of new age pop music remisent of Puddle of Mudd, Nickelback, and all those other wannabe rock groups... Weiland was actually really good with STP too, but now he's just disturbing to look at, ie. the Fall to Pieces Video where  he looks anorexic and you can't tell if the video is a reinactment, or if it really is a live shot from a typical day in Scott Weilands life....

It's hard to hold a candle.... in the cold November rain....
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2004, 12:18:16 AM »

ok

ok now go back to listening to your 5 second clips of chinese democracy, madagascar & the blues.

Axl will be back shortly with the rest of the songs. Remember SOON is the key word
gnrvrrule
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2004, 04:34:47 PM »

I think it's as close as you're ever going to get to a Gn'r reunion and perhaps the last time that any members for the old Gn'r will ever be considered as modern rock artists, unless Chinese Democracy ever comes out.  More importantly, I love Contraband, although I can see where some people are disappointed in it.  I have 5 or 6 songs that have really grown on me and I listen to just about everyday.  I think Scott Weiland is a great frontman (not as good as Axl, but who is?) and Dave is a good rhythm guy, and both make this band sound different than traditional Gn'r.  It has Gn'r and STP elements in it, but the overall sound is pure rock n' roll and that's what I love about it.
November Rain 91
Headliner

Use Your Illusion

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2004, 04:39:16 PM »

I was very excited for VR too, but disappointed. like some people have already said, im not a huge fan of weiland. i like him on some songs, but not so mujch on others. guess im getting used to him more though. one thing that bothered me was i don't think contraband was particularly diverse, many of the songs sounded the same, with the exceptions of the ballads and id say slither was pretty different from rest. Contraband has been growing on me more and more lately though. i wish they had come to cleveland during tour! huge disappointment they didn't crying (i heard they canceled cleveland stop because of something involving weiland and the courts, anyone know for sure?) looking forward to next cd though and will definitely be the first one in line when best buy opens peace

Guns N' Fuckin' Roses
Cowboy Buddha
VIP

Balls of Molten Steel

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2004, 05:44:54 PM »

two words to describe them... Fucking Amazing! ok

I will not change this Sig. until Vikings, Twins, Wild, T-Wolves or any MN teams win a Championship (10/16/06)
dontcry44
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2004, 08:43:12 PM »

two words to describe them.... pop trash.  yes

It's hard to hold a candle.... in the cold November rain....
Gilby fan
Headliner

Rock on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2004, 02:36:15 PM »

why do u think they are pop trash  rant
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2004, 03:15:35 AM »

I love Velvet Revolver. I think it's great that in 2004 we have a band that has 3/5 of my favourite band of all time back together and rocking out again with a pretty cool new frontman and a new rhythm player. beer

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2004, 06:01:30 AM »

what the fuck makes you think they woud have picked an 80's type singer if they didnt get Weilend dude, personally i wished they got Bach from Skid's, but they said they sounded to much like Skid Row, which annoyed the hell out of me rant.

So they pick Weilend, Weilend doesnt like some of the songs so they change there groove, WTF!!!!
Whats the difference, they kinda sound like STP anyway, i have the album n' i dig it but c'mon, it's real average man, seriously Tongue Sad

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2004, 07:30:10 AM »

STP = better than skid row ever was, ever will be

besides they don't really sound like stp or gnr. they sound like VR
moreblack
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2004, 01:51:50 PM »

kicking ass live, kicking ass on cd. They don't need to impress anybody. They just rock...

Scott Weiland: "Man, I won't steer clear of shit. If I won't steer clear of wearing a fucking Nazi uniform coming into Europe, you think I'm going to steer clear of 'Fall to Pieces at Ozzfest?"
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: