Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 08:19:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash "I Always Wanted Oliver Stone To Direct GN'R Footage That's In A Vault"
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash "I Always Wanted Oliver Stone To Direct GN'R Footage That's In A Vault"  (Read 5901 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: April 08, 2010, 12:46:08 PM »

Interview

Slash ? "I always wanted Oliver Stone to direct the Guns N' Roses footage we have in a vault"

Wed, 07 Apr 2010

Slash sits down with ARTISTdirect.com editor and Dolor author Rick Florino for an exclusive interview about making his solo album, his favorite Iggy Pop story and what he thought of Shutter Island?

If your life story where to be made into a movie, who would you want to direct it?

That's a good question! I don't know, man. I take what I do seriously, but I don't take myself seriously so it's hard for me to get a perspective of how I'd want to be portrayed. You can get really Martin Scorsese-heavy with it, but there's nothing really that warrants that. So it'd have to be somebody with a little bit more levity. I always wanted Oliver Stone to direct the Guns 'N' Roses footage we have in a vault. It's like three years of Guns 'N' Roses touring that we haven't released. That would be awesome. For me personally, it's come up because I wrote that book. People have approached me about making a movie about it, and I can't really see heads nor tails of how that would be [Laughs].

Continue here: http://www.artistdirect.com/entertainment-news/article/interview-slash-i-always-wanted-oliver-stone-to-direct-the-guns-n-roses-footage-we-have-in-a-vault/6664742

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 12:48:47 PM »

I may be completely off, but i think i've read that there was a fire in that vault and most of the footage was destroyed?
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 01:08:16 PM »

I may be completely off, but i think i've read that there was a fire in that vault and most of the footage was destroyed?

That was my understanding as well. It was suppose to have happened during the wildfires of 1995 I believe.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 01:19:54 PM »

FUCK!!!!!!!!!  That shit is lost forever!!!!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 01:28:18 PM »

Where was this reported?  Aren't most vaults fire proof?

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2010, 01:31:05 PM »

I can't remember, could just as well be false hearsay as with a lot of things when it comes to GN'R
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2010, 02:02:48 PM »

I'm not quite sure where it was reported, possibly in a magazine article about the band, but from what I remember all the stuff was stored in a warehouse not a real vault.
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2010, 02:15:40 PM »

does he mean the perfect crime movie?
or that tourdocumentairy that never came out from the 91-92 tour?
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2010, 02:52:44 PM »

I'm not quite sure where it was reported, possibly in a magazine article about the band, but from what I remember all the stuff was stored in a warehouse not a real vault.

So I may have taken that too literally...you'd think they would have it in a safe/vault.

If the footage was destroyed in a fire, Slash doesn't seem to know about it.

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2010, 03:34:07 PM »

I have been waiting to see that footage for almost 20 years, supposedly Axl's confrontation with Kurt Cobain at the VMA's is on there.  Who knows whats true and what isnt though?
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2010, 06:00:56 PM »

there is thousands and thousands hours of video and audio from the whole illusion tour:
about 192 shows in Proshot backed up high quality with soundboard audio on it and endless off-stage stuff!

IMO it'd be a huge loss for Rock N Roll history to just let it rot in the vaults and not making it available to the public in any form.

Re-Union time, baby!!
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2010, 06:48:20 PM »

It may as well have been lost in a fire, because Slash and Axl will NEVER come to any sort of agreement on releasing it or the way it would be edited if it were released.
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2010, 01:49:04 AM »

Yes, vaults can be fire proof, but if the fire gets hot enough, then the stuff inside can still burn
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2010, 11:29:35 AM »

Ummmm.... How would he direct 3 years of footage thats already taken place Huh
Ignacio
Rocker

I'm fn' inoccent!

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2010, 01:22:58 PM »

Ummmm.... How would he direct 3 years of footage thats already taken place Huh

Well, he would edit that material, chose what to show or not, cut in with interviews or not, etc...

Woody Allen's debut as a director (so said the credits) was with "What's up Tiger Lily?" wich actually is just and old class B japanese movie edited by him and with new dialogues (written by Allen also) over the original ones.

M?sica, m?sica, m?sica, siempre s?...
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2010, 02:53:11 PM »

Well, he would edit that material, chose what to show or not, cut in with interviews or not, etc...

That's the problem I alluded to before... Axl definitely wouldn't allow someone else to come in and edit footage of him in a certain way.  Neither would Slash.  Axl and Slash would have to agree on what footage they'd allow to be shown before anyone else could come in and do jack shit with it, and like I said, that will NEVER happen.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2010, 02:58:54 PM »

That's the problem I alluded to before... Axl definitely wouldn't allow someone else to come in and edit footage of him in a certain way.  Neither would Slash.  Axl and Slash would have to agree on what footage they'd allow to be shown before anyone else could come in and do jack shit with it, and like I said, that will NEVER happen.

That's why it should ALL be released, DVD box set style. I would pay a few hundred bucks at least for that. Who wouldnt pay that kind of money for the greatest tour in the history of rock n roll?
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2010, 03:03:06 PM »

That's why it should ALL be released, DVD box set style. I would pay a few hundred bucks at least for that. Who wouldnt pay that kind of money for the greatest tour in the history of rock n roll?

We're likely talking a few hundred hours of footage here.  It would cost a hell of a lot more than that, feasibly in the thousands.  But the same problem is presented; do you think for a second that Axl or Slash would ever allow that footage to be revealed to the public without scanning it first and being finicky about what is released?  There would be disagreements galore, and the end result is that it would (as I've said) NEVER HAPPEN!   Tongue
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2010, 04:01:00 PM »

We're likely talking a few hundred hours of footage here.  It would cost a hell of a lot more than that, feasibly in the thousands.  But the same problem is presented; do you think for a second that Axl or Slash would ever allow that footage to be revealed to the public without scanning it first and being finicky about what is released?  There would be disagreements galore, and the end result is that it would (as I've said) NEVER HAPPEN!   Tongue

the cost of dvd's to hold the  footage would not be in the thousands.  If they were released as VHS tapes back in the early 90's then we are talking thousands.  A set in todays world woudl be no more than 500 bucks at the absolute most.  By releasing "all" of it, i mean an edited down version, not every single second, but most of it.  Im with you with the whole "it will never happen" thing, im just talking out loud here about what would be cool.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: