Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 03:45:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Weiland: 'Silly Money Troubles Were Behind Velvet Revolver Split'
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Weiland: 'Silly Money Troubles Were Behind Velvet Revolver Split'  (Read 6307 times)
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2008, 10:26:32 AM »

U want to be the most dangerous band in the world, u put Popcorn and Scott in the same group!

Wouldn't last long, but FUCK it would be exciting!
And pointless. They wouldnt even get a track put out with steven, he cant play anymore.

html sucks
DEAD HORSE
VIP

08.08.08 ?

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2008, 08:33:52 AM »

funny, i thought it was caused by shitty singing and atitude.

silly me Tongue

Not to get too off track with this topic, but as I was reading Weiland's comments, it suddenly dawned on me; This is probably why Axl does everything via contracts these days. If your band is contractually obligated with explicit terms that in no way can be misconstrued, then everyone knows what they are getting themselves into and they will be getting for their work. Whereas if you go the traditional way of being a "gang" and a band of equal individual benefits, I can definitely see how people would start getting paranoid when the money starts coming in.

Well look at that, topic back on track after all.

If the world would end today... Wink
DEAD HORSE
VIP

08.08.08 ?

« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2008, 08:36:00 AM »

silly me Tongue

Not to get too off track with this topic, but as I was reading Weiland's comments, it suddenly dawned on me; This is probably why Axl does everything via contracts these days. If your band is contractually obligated with explicit terms that in no way can be misconstrued, then everyone knows what they are getting themselves into and they will be getting for their work. Whereas if you go the traditional way of being a "gang" and a band of equal individual benefits, I can definitely see how people would start getting paranoid when the money starts coming in.

Man it doesnt matter if Axl put everything in contract, half of  the hired musicians(buckethead,josh freese, brain, tobias, finck) in the new Gn'r are gone now anyway. That "contract doesnt really tell you, Axl had the last word.

If the world would end today... Wink
Pine Barrens
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2008, 08:45:46 AM »

silly me Tongue

Man it doesnt matter if Axl put everything in contract, half of  the hired musicians(buckethead,josh freese, brain, tobias, finck) in the new Gn'r are gone now anyway. That "contract doesnt really tell you, Axl had the last word.

Well, that wasn't really my point. I was pointing out the fiscal aspect of it and how it can deteriorate relationships. But since you brought up people leaving the band I'll say this; if you sign someone elses contract, you usually work for them, not the other way around, so it goes without saying that Axl would have the last word if you sign on to work for a monthly paycheck issued by him. And if you don't like the situation or decide you want to do something else, for whatever reason, you can leave once your contract is up. There is no bullshit as far as money goes. You have never heard of money being an issue in the "new" GN'R, right? There's a reason for that.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: