Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 12:23:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227871 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  New Steven Adler Interiview [Mentions Meeting Axl Again]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Steven Adler Interiview [Mentions Meeting Axl Again]  (Read 60302 times)
Axl8302
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2007, 10:49:55 PM »

it's most likely we will get a reunion at some point, but it has to be after axl has achieved his vision(CD). Axl wont throw away all the years of work he's put in with the new band. Besides a reunion would completely compromise the 'new' gn'r. It wont happen for some time..........I think.

If love is blind i guess i'l buy myself a cane..
Tommie
Imma Gunna
Rocker

« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2007, 10:50:10 PM »

Imma sit my ass down, grab some popcorn, but on some music and just marvel at this thread getting its own legs... beer

When life gave Jack Bauer lemons, he used them to kill terrorists...Jack Bauer hates lemonade.
www.gnrevolution.com
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2007, 10:50:55 PM »

Axl
Izzy
Rob Gardner
Traci Guns
Duff

I think that is "original"

Slash and Steven joined later... I may be wrong. ?

Axl8302
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2007, 10:51:19 PM »

Imma sit my ass down, grab some popcorn, but on some music and just marvel at this thread getting its own legs... beer

I'm gonna get the snake out and have a little play.

GeraldFord
« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2007, 10:51:39 PM »

If there is a reunion, it wont be for a while. I think Axl really wants to see the "Chinese Democracy" project through. And Axl owes it to Robin and Tommy to release the album, as they have been in the band since the late 90s!

As for Adler, even if Axl wanted to play with him, I don't know if Adler could cut it. If there is a reunion, I hope they invite Frank or Brain along. Nothing special about Bore 'Em Sorum.
GeraldFord
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2007, 10:52:33 PM »

Axl
Izzy
Rob Gardner
Traci Guns
Duff

Well since Ole is dead, there can be no TRUE reunion!
BumbleFinck
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2007, 10:53:05 PM »

I don't know about you guys but this makes me feel a little sick. I really want this band to be considered "Guns N' Roses". If that is true about the other members telling Axl to get the band back together that is absolutely horrible and extremely disapointing. We've waited THIS LONG and stuck behind this band and treated them like Guns N' Roses and if the payoff is throwing it all away for a reunion that is BULLSHIT. I feel sick.

a reunion would be throwing this away, it'd be bullshit?

I'm guessing you just started liking gn'r this year?
If you got into gn'r becuase of the music that has been released and they makes up 90% of their live show, I can't see how you would call a renuion bullshit.

um...first off now I've been around the boards since 2001. We have supported this mystery album for this long we deserve to hear it and see it go somewhere.

I'm not saying I don't want the album released, trust me, I do. But where in that original post that I quoted does it mention the album not getting released?
Axl8302
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2007, 10:54:30 PM »

Axl
Izzy
Rob Gardner
Traci Guns
Duff

I think that the line-up that recorded appetite should be considered the original line up. It's a no brainer really.....Tracci never appeared on an album nor did gardener.

Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2007, 10:54:35 PM »

I don't want a reunion. Sure it'd be great to go see them play live but we would never get an album from them. I really don't think that these guys could ever function together in a studio again.

Well, when Izzy/Slash/Duff/Matt were writing together before VR they came up with some material they all said was the best instrumental GNR record to date, so maybe the idea of adding Axl to such a mix really wouldn't be that far fetched. Not like Slash/Duff/Izzy haven't written some killer stuff together in the past that would make you think they have no chemistry together.
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2007, 10:54:59 PM »

Axl
Izzy
Rob Gardner
Traci Guns
Duff

i forgot him. were they actually called gnr when he was around?

I would'nt do that if I were you.
Jackamo!
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2007, 10:55:50 PM »

The Original line up-> the guys who recorded Appetite. That's Guns N' Roses. Not Tracii and them.
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2007, 10:56:45 PM »

Axl
Izzy
Rob Gardner
Traci Guns
Duff

I think that the line-up that recorded appetite should be considered the original line up. It's a no brainer really.....Tracci never appeared on an album nor did gardener.

Sure, i just want to know for the sake of knowing, who the band gnr was first made up of.

I would'nt do that if I were you.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2007, 10:57:00 PM »

I don't know about you guys but this makes me feel a little sick. I really want this band to be considered "Guns N' Roses". If that is true about the other members telling Axl to get the band back together that is absolutely horrible and extremely disapointing. We've waited THIS LONG and stuck behind this band and treated them like Guns N' Roses and if the payoff is throwing it all away for a reunion that is BULLSHIT. I feel sick.

a reunion would be throwing this away, it'd be bullshit?

I'm guessing you just started liking gn'r this year?
If you got into gn'r becuase of the music that has been released and they makes up 90% of their live show, I can't see how you would call a renuion bullshit.

um...first off now I've been around the boards since 2001. We have supported this mystery album for this long we deserve to hear it and see it go somewhere.

I'm not saying I don't want the album released, trust me, I do. But where in that original post that I quoted does it mention the album not getting released?

oneinamillion said he didnt want them to throw everthing away(cd) on a reunion... then he called it what he did... when you jumped on him for it, it made it seem like you would prefer a reunion to CD...

I know thats not the case..otherwise you wouldnt be bumblefink!! ?Cheesy
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2007, 10:58:38 PM »

lets see....reunite with the guys who bailed on Chinese Democracy. or stay with the loyal players who saw it to completion?
Axl8302
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2007, 10:59:55 PM »

I don't want a reunion. Sure it'd be great to go see them play live but we would never get an album from them. I really don't think that these guys could ever function together in a studio again.

Well, when Izzy/Slash/Duff/Matt were writing together before VR they came up with some material they all said was the best instrumental GNR record to date, so maybe the idea of adding Axl to such a mix really wouldn't be that far fetched. Not like Slash/Duff/Izzy haven't written some killer stuff together in the past that would make you think they have no chemistry together.

it's more about axl working with others that i think would cause problems. Look how long this CD thing has gone on for, Slash for one wouldn't hang around waiting for axl to record vocals...thats been seen before.

GeraldFord
« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2007, 11:00:06 PM »

Axl
Izzy
Rob Gardner
Traci Guns
Duff

i forgot him. were they actually called gnr when he was around?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ole_Beich

Says he played a few gigs with GN'R in early '85.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2007, 11:00:19 PM »

Axl
Izzy
Rob Gardner
Traci Guns
Duff

I agree. ?Original is Appetite.. ?Just answering a question for a fellow board member.
GeraldFord
« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2007, 11:02:52 PM »

Rob Gardner=Pete Best
Ole=Stuart Sutcliffe

They don't really count.
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2007, 11:04:22 PM »

For any doom and gloom members ... calm down! There is no/has been no/will not be any "real" talks about a "reunion" for a LONG time!! You will hear the new album before you ever see all 5 on stage again , if ever!

And one things for sure , none of these guys will do it for a big "payday" ... so for it EVER to happen ALOT of broken bridges would have to be rebuilt and so on and so on .. it's not just as easy as a couple people saying .. let reunite!

lol

1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2007, 11:05:06 PM »

Even if it is legit, I\'d say this is a classic example of \"perception = reality.\" ?I\'d bet that Axl\'s, Izzy\'s, Slash\'s, etc., perspectives of these events would all be very different from the way Adler seems to remember them...

And really, nothing against the guy.? I just think his perspective is a bit warped, as well as (unrealistically) hopeful.

That\'s pretty much what i was thinking.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: