Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 01:01:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227872 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  New Steven Adler Interiview [Mentions Meeting Axl Again]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Steven Adler Interiview [Mentions Meeting Axl Again]  (Read 60307 times)
gangs_n_robbers
« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2007, 11:08:06 PM »

even if what he said is true, they still need slash. and that probably wont happen. but if slash does fall, duff will come back too. but i highly doubt slash / axl are ready yet haha.
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #61 on: February 13, 2007, 11:13:38 PM »

If there ever is a reunion (and I hope there won't be one) it almost definitely won't involve ol' Popcorn.

I beg to differ. If a reunion ever happens and adler is still alive and able to play drums I'm thinking Izzy will want him there 110% ... and if he and axl have actually buried the axe I'd wager a guess that axl would welcome popcorn before sorum. And atleast then it can be billed as a full fledged 100% reunion of the original band.

Absolutely agree, Saul. Izzy thought very highly of Adler. Recall:

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked." ? Izzy Stradlin

For a full fledged reunion, Adler is a must. Sorum picked up the pieces very well, imo, but Adler is the only logical choice. ? yes

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
GeraldFord
« Reply #62 on: February 13, 2007, 11:15:09 PM »

If there ever is a reunion (and I hope there won't be one) it almost definitely won't involve ol' Popcorn.

I beg to differ. If a reunion ever happens and adler is still alive and able to play drums I'm thinking Izzy will want him there 110% ... and if he and axl have actually buried the axe I'd wager a guess that axl would welcome popcorn before sorum. And atleast then it can be billed as a full fledged 100% reunion of the original band.

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked." ? Izzy Stradlin

For a full fledged reunion, Adler is a must. Sorum picked up the pieces very well, imo, but Adler is the only logical choice. ? yes

But can Adler play the way that he once did?
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #63 on: February 13, 2007, 11:17:18 PM »

I've heard people say he killed it with adlers appetite... but now the question can he write new stuff??
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #64 on: February 13, 2007, 11:17:52 PM »

Tommy said a few years back that he'd step aside if Axl wanted to do a reunion.

If Axl wanted he could fire everyone and be done with the current lineup, but I don't think he'll do that.

He'll probably put out Chinese Democracy, tour for a year or two and then consider reunion options.

GNR will be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in about five years, so the timetable would be fine.
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #65 on: February 13, 2007, 11:19:21 PM »

Gilby made a good point in an interview that Sorum would be able to handle the Illusions material better than Adler if a reunion ever came about.
GeraldFord
« Reply #66 on: February 13, 2007, 11:21:29 PM »

If there is a reunion...please, no Sorum!
bringbackadler
Banned
VIP

« Reply #67 on: February 13, 2007, 11:23:44 PM »

Absolutely. Despite what many think about Adler because of past ghosts, he has always IMO, standed out as the one true Guns N Roses drummer. People make mistakes and they learn. It happens. For awhile, it was necessary for someone(s) to fill in, but I believe Steven Adler is ready to re-claim his throne. ? ok

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
GeraldFord
« Reply #68 on: February 13, 2007, 11:24:58 PM »

Absolutely. Despite what many think about Adler because of past ghosts, he has always IMO, standed out as the one true Guns N Roses drummer. People make mistakes and they learn. It happens. For awhile, it was necessary for someone(s) to fill in, but I believe Steven Adler is ready to re-claim his throne. ? ok

But will his mom let him?
bringbackadler
Banned
VIP

« Reply #69 on: February 13, 2007, 11:32:41 PM »

I'd like for Steve and Axl to meet again.

Maybe third time would be a charm ?   peace

/bringbackadler

Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #70 on: February 13, 2007, 11:41:27 PM »

Gilby made a good point in an interview that Sorum would be able to handle the Illusions material better than Adler if a reunion ever came about.

Yeah I dont think Adler would be able to get down the repetitive drumming of the UYI albums  Roll Eyes
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #71 on: February 13, 2007, 11:51:59 PM »

well, if it?s all true what he said, I just thinking that after Chinese Democracy is released, probably this record will be played and talked for at least 2 years (singles, video clips, interviews...) not to mention the "3/4 albuns project" that we all heard along this years... so, I don?t think that Axll will put all this work in hiss ass and do a reunion to just play AFD songs (OF COURSE the old band wont play new songs by the new band)

But I think that the only possiblity of a reunion show is something like Rage Against The Machine will do or even a Heaven and Hell tour, but not a whole year (probably not even a whole month) ...

not to mention that if this someday happen within the next 3 years, Axl will burry almost 20 years of "work" with his new band by people saying AGAIN thoses "This is GUNS N ROSES, I kinda like the CHINESE DEMOCRACY ALBUM and it?s better than the old albuns, but blablabla, Slash, Duff, Adler, Izzy and Axl are GUNS N ROSES"...

Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #72 on: February 13, 2007, 11:58:14 PM »

the part about the guys in the band saying to Axl, "Fire me!!!" is not believable. "Thats basically what Steven says they're saying.

not believable what so ever. And I doubt you'd see those guys bowing down and shouting "We're not worthy!!!"
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #73 on: February 13, 2007, 11:59:05 PM »

I think a one off show with the original lineup is a possibility...maybe if MTV does a best of or whatever they do for bands they will perform. ?Other than that I don't see it happening ANYTIME in the near future.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #74 on: February 14, 2007, 12:05:29 AM »

I think a one off show with the original lineup is a possibility

There would be no going back to the status quo were Axl/Slash/Duff/Izzy to get on a stage and play together again. A one off won't work, because the magic and electricity of the moment seeing them all together again would make both New GNR and VR seem inadequate afterwards. I think they all sort of understand that, so any semblance of a reunion would have to come only after their separate projects have run their course.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #75 on: February 14, 2007, 12:09:43 AM »

Reunion, Who ?? AFD Line Up is NewGNR...

original is: Axl & Izzy !!

Axl & Izzy = Tour 2006 = guns N' roses = Finck, Tommy, Pitman, reed, richard, BBFT, Frank, Brian.

Simply... STEVEN is drugs, is drugs!!

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

tHANKS MAN... fUNNY iNTERVIEW.

hbk *

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
DaBrookman
« Reply #76 on: February 14, 2007, 12:26:54 AM »

I just want to say that the conversation was in a very casual context. It's not revolutionary. There's no pending reunion. I think everyone can see it happening, eventually. Yes, Steven would love for it to happen. But don't hate for him that, LOL, who wouldn't want that if they were in his shoes?
It just seems like it's being blown out of proportion a bit.
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #77 on: February 14, 2007, 12:28:48 AM »

what the fuck is wrong with (most) of you people? Huh ?confused

why wouldn't you want an original line up it would be bigger than any thing ever posibly imagined and you dont want that. You dont want the greatest fucking band in the world then and now to reunite with the originalls? What the Fuck.........seriously ?confused Undecided Cry

I think a one off show with the original lineup is a possibility

There would be no going back to the status quo were Axl/Slash/Duff/Izzy to get on a stage and play together again. A one off won't work, because the magic and electricity of the moment seeing them all together again would make both New GNR and VR seem inadequate afterwards. I think they all sort of understand that, so any semblance of a reunion would have to come only after their separate projects have run their course.

hell let the old reunite and have the new guns and VR come together and do a tour and they can all tour with each other. think about it
1st CHINESE DEMOCRACY
2nd the originals Reunite
3rd a follow up album
4th who knows what if that happens or something like that happens there are so many possiblities it isn't even funny

i'm not saying i'd prefer the new to the old or the old to the new but either way if something happens it would...no ... it WILL be the biggest thing to happen to music in a very long time

it would simpely be FUCKING HUGE

you can bet your ass on that yes beer smoking headbanger
headbangerheadbangerheadbangerheadbangerheadbanger beer beer beer beer beer puke ?beer beer beer beer
« Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 12:32:54 AM by CHINESE DEMOCRACY eventually » Logged

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
EFISH
« Reply #78 on: February 14, 2007, 12:30:02 AM »

You should be banned for excesive use of smiley's.  ok
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #79 on: February 14, 2007, 12:38:32 AM »

You should be banned for excesive use of smiley's.? ok

just tryin to show my emotions man ok Wink

what do you think man you can't deny that this would be Fucking huge