Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 06:03:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227905 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  any Bad Religion fans on the board?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: any Bad Religion fans on the board?  (Read 4559 times)
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« on: October 19, 2004, 12:42:45 PM »

Bad Religion have been one of my favorite bands for a while. I'm going to see them on saturday here in beautiful new jersey and I was thinking of posting a review after the show but wanted to know if anyone would give a shit first.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2004, 09:23:43 PM »

I know that one song "Sorrow", which is pretty good.  And I see people wearing their t-shirts a lot.  But no, I don't care too much about 'em.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2004, 09:32:47 PM »

Only ever heard 21st Century (Digital Boy) by them, although i do like it post a review dude and if you could some other song recommendations....you can never like too many bands
Wheres Izzy
VIP

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2004, 01:41:25 AM »

Only ever heard 21st Century (Digital Boy) by them, although i do like it post a review dude and if you could some other song recommendations....you can never like too many bands

yeah sure I can reccomend a ton of songs. If you like digital boy you'll probably like infected. It's slower like digital boy. They have alot of faster songs. But my personal favorites....
atomic garden-american jesus-were only gonna die-you've got a chance-I love my computer (funny as shit)-the answer-generator-let them eat war-the empire strikes first-los angeles is burning-a streetkid named desire-the new america-pity the dead-punk rock song-I want to conquer the world-fuck armageddon this is hell
I don't think you could go wrong checking out any of those and I hope you do and dig em. Alot of their lyrics are political and have a message. their singer Gregg Graffin is actually really brilliant and a professor at cornell some semesters.

Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

Everything Louder Than Everything Else

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2004, 03:17:46 PM »

I hadn't listened to them for quite a while, but have just started again recently.  They're a really cool band.  The lyrics are brilliant, Greg Gaffin is a true songwriter.  I love the lyrics to I Want To Conquer The World.  Genius.

Steven's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference.  His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked. ~ Izzy Stradlin
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2004, 06:30:55 PM »

their singer Gregg Graffin is actually really brilliant and a professor at cornell some semesters.

Yeah, he's a walking Webster's

I liked that song Walk, or I'm Going For a Walk, one of those

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Chris Misfit
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2004, 07:11:44 PM »

A band I love and hate at the same time. The voice and guitar sound can really annoy me, but depending on my mood, I can really get into it.

They're legends like, but a bit shit.
Wheres Izzy
VIP

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2004, 09:48:09 PM »

So I saw the show on saturday and thought the band sounded better than any other time I heard them. they did a really great job of mixing in the old stuff with the new stuff. They ripped thru some of the faster songs like I want to conquer the world, were only gonna die, fuck armageddon, supersonic, and slowed down a bit for the standards like infected, american jesus, and 21st century digital boy. Songs from the new album like sinister rouge, let them eat war, and los angeles is burning sounded great live. Uhm what else....greggs voice sounded fucking perfect. He is a very under rated frontman. He can work a crowd like the greats. Not dancing just gestures, acting with the lyrics I guess like Axl used to. He got the crowd really into some songs, epiphony most particuarly. Great band, great show. I suggest everyone check out if they're coming near you anytime soon. You'll leave a fan.

Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2004, 12:28:47 AM »

Funny, today in my university Sociology class, we started out by reading this article by the band's frontman Greg Graffin, about punk, its place in society, and all that jazz.  Apparently this guy is pretty damn smart - he has a PhD.  Anyway, it was called "A Punk Sypnosis" and I just found it here:

http://www.badreligion.com/news/essays.php
Wheres Izzy
VIP

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2004, 09:04:38 PM »

Funny, today in my university Sociology class, we started out by reading this article by the band's frontman Greg Graffin, about punk, its place in society, and all that jazz.? Apparently this guy is pretty damn smart - he has a PhD.? Anyway, it was called "A Punk Sypnosis" and I just found it here:

http://www.badreligion.com/news/essays.php

thanks for posting the link. I said something about how smart he was in an earlier post.

otgm
Opening Act

Personal text

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2007, 02:12:14 PM »

Yeah I've just recently started listening to BD, and now it's one of my very fave bands! Awesome stuff, especially the earlier albums (mostly Suffer, No Control, Against The Grain and Generator) kick ass! Greg Graffin is a true lyrical genius, that guy can load shitloads of message in a 2 minute song!

Been hidin' out and layin' low
It's nuthin' new ta me
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2007, 11:42:59 AM »

i love 'em, but prefer the stuff from Stranger Than Fiction onwards - i only like a handful of songs from before then. New 'Maps of Hell is still growin on me so far, the jury's still out.

I would'nt do that if I were you.
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2007, 01:06:49 PM »

one of my fav. punk songs are American Jesus! but i find most songs of them to be  kinda blant... but thats just me

21 century is an awesome song too though!  peace

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
Wheres Izzy
VIP

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2007, 01:28:53 PM »

i love 'em, but prefer the stuff from Stranger Than Fiction onwards - i only like a handful of songs from before then. New 'Maps of Hell is still growin on me so far, the jury's still out.

I love New Maps Of Hell, but it took me a couple listens at first. Now I would probably say it's my favorite album to come out this year so far.

bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2007, 07:55:53 PM »

"Generator" is one of my all-time favorite albums.  "Heaven is Falling" is such a great, great song.  Listening to current bands like Rise Against, it's amazing how much of an influence Bed Religion seem to have had on the newer crop of "punk" acts...glad to know that there's other Religion fans around here.
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2007, 08:04:58 PM »

brian baker of BR has been offered positions in GNR and REM, dontcha know.

and rem currently have ministry's old drummer. makes you wonder about the sound of their next album! altho most on a gnr forum probly wont take too long wondering lol!

I would'nt do that if I were you.
Wheres Izzy
VIP

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2007, 09:38:36 AM »

"Generator" is one of my all-time favorite albums.? "Heaven is Falling" is such a great, great song.? Listening to current bands like Rise Against, it's amazing how much of an influence Bed Religion seem to have had on the newer crop of "punk" acts...glad to know that there's other Religion fans around here.

Yeah I love Generator. I would say my two favorites from it are "Atomic Garden" and "Tomorrow". Favorite album has to be Suffer tho. I think it's probably the greatest punk rock album of all time.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: