Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 05:34:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227839 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  A Suggestion
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A Suggestion  (Read 3865 times)
Evolution
« on: May 20, 2006, 01:27:41 AM »

I was visiting another forum and saw a stickied topic called "The Ban List." Basically a list of people banned and a reason why.

I thought this could work here with the karma points and people wanting to know why they got one. Instead of mouthing off "Why Me??" they can simply check out the thread and know what they did wrong.
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2006, 01:33:18 AM »

Great idea!

BTW, why dont we have positive karma points?
Lots of members deserve them and some others can make up for their negative points.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2006, 01:48:58 AM »

I thought this could work here with the karma points and people wanting to know why they got one. Instead of mouthing off "Why Me??" they can simply check out the thread and know what they did wrong.

Usually the people who say "why me" would be too stupid to see the correlation between a ban list and their actions. You would still have to explain it to them.
godiva
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2006, 03:37:29 AM »

Lara, I think people can go back to 0 from -1. So once you have negative karma, you can 'better' your life and have the karma deleted, back to 0.

As for positive karma, I think it wouldn't be a wise idea. Look at all the BS of 'why did I get -1' or 'I don't agree with the mods giving this or that person bad karma'. If you could get positive karma, it would be a new thing for people to bitch about. But don't worry, if it was possible to give good karma, I think you deserve some!
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2006, 03:54:18 AM »

Lara, I think people can go back to 0 from -1. So once you have negative karma, you can 'better' your life and have the karma deleted, back to 0.

As for positive karma, I think it wouldn't be a wise idea. Look at all the BS of 'why did I get -1' or 'I don't agree with the mods giving this or that person bad karma'. If you could get positive karma, it would be a new thing for people to bitch about. But don't worry, if it was possible to give good karma, I think you deserve some!

You mean, I deserve some ?!?!?  Have I ever PM you any link to leaks or something? (jk  hihi )

I just suggest that because this last week I was very impressed of some members of the GNR community who have been willing to work on the boots, clean them up, upload them, share them in all possible formats, provide live up-dates, do interview transcripts etc.
I much appreciate all these -dont we all- and I think they deserve some good karma.  yes
godiva
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2006, 04:55:07 AM »

No, but I enjoyed your story about the shows.

You are right though, some people here really went out of their way to help the fans overseas with footage, boots, pics, reviews and that's amazing. The explanation I gave you earlier is something I read in another thread. I think one of the mods explained, can't find it now. I do agree with their point of view, it would become crazy here with people asking why they didn't get a +1 or disagreeing with the mods giving someone else positive karma. Plus, positive karma would be very subjective. One might like some post, which upset someone else.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2006, 04:58:21 AM by godiva » Logged
avesia
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2006, 05:26:37 AM »

Great idea!

Lots of members deserve them and some others can make up for their negative points.

hey, positive karma points do exist. look at anythinggoes' profile.
godiva
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2006, 05:30:13 AM »

Great idea!

He bribed the mods  hihi  ok
anythinggoes
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2006, 05:58:11 AM »

Great idea!

He bribed the mods? hihi? ok

hang on before we get to far into this bribing

1st i jut queried why the Dirt had +one and said i would sulk (jokingly) till i had one
i got two tickets to hammersmith pre arranged for someone and they gave me a positive it was not a bribe it was something arranged before all that. I got a + for being a "suck up to you, lick your arsehole"  type of person.

so Suck up not bribe  ok
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2006, 06:00:04 AM »

Great idea!

He bribed the mods  hihi  ok

hang on before we get to far into this bribing

1st i jut queried why the Dirt had +one and said i would sulk (jokingly) till i had one
i got two tickets to hammersmith pre arranged for someone and they gave me a positive it was not a bribe it was something arranged before all that. I got a + for being a "suck up to you, lick your arsehole"  type of person.

so Suck up not bribe  ok

Why the Dirt has +1 at the first place?
anythinggoes
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2006, 06:01:09 AM »

he doesnt now Huh
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2006, 11:35:35 PM »

No, but I enjoyed your story about the shows.

You are right though, some people here really went out of their way to help the fans overseas with footage, boots, pics, reviews and that's amazing. The explanation I gave you earlier is something I read in another thread. I think one of the mods explained, can't find it now. I do agree with their point of view, it would become crazy here with people asking why they didn't get a +1 or disagreeing with the mods giving someone else positive karma. Plus, positive karma would be very subjective. One might like some post, which upset someone else.

I agree. Members who make shows available  to people who could not attend deserve some positive Karma points.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: