Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 10:18:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227908 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  Karma Check Thread Observation
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Karma Check Thread Observation  (Read 3246 times)
Origen
« on: August 03, 2006, 10:07:23 AM »

The whole reason for that thread was to check why they have negative Karma, It's even said in the opening post by Jarmo "This thread will be used by moderators to post the reasons why posters get negative karma points."

But all the Mods are now just posting the users name and no reason. http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=32648.20

Isn't that kind of missing the point of the thread? People know when they have negative karma that can see it under there name, but if it isn't ovious then they have to check there on why they have negative karma, but that isn't happening.
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2006, 10:18:16 AM »

Could you give an example in which the reason hasn't been obvious, so that I could try and maybe give you an explanation.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2006, 11:02:42 AM »

They post a link to the particular message as well, so i don't think it's that difficult to figure out.

Fuck 'Em All.
Origen
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2006, 11:31:18 AM »

Could you give an example in which the reason hasn't been obvious, so that I could try and maybe give you an explanation.

I'm just saying like this for example:

estranged2006 for insulting another member http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=32700.20#msg645732 - OK that is the way it should be done.

slashisvr
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=33690.msg665757#msg665757
- No explanation to why he was given negative karma, just his name with a link.

I know people should read the rules and so on, but that is the point in the thread for people who still don't understand why they got it. Like in the example it says slashisvr with a link, but there is no explanation for him to read why he got it.
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2006, 11:45:23 AM »

Because his post was only smilies. It's in the board's rules. I think the mod didn't explain it maybe because it's pretty obvious?

slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2006, 12:28:40 PM »

thanx for the support Origen, i still think mods should leave comments no matter what since that is the whole point of the thread and it helps newcomers understand rules better

myself im sorry but i didnt read them, i didnt have time, but i am gettin better!!i am reading the rules now  hihi

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2006, 01:04:58 PM »

myself im sorry but i didnt read them, i didnt have time, but i am gettin better!!i am reading the rules now  hihi

So you had time to click the 'accept' button and wait for the confirmation email but didn't have time to read what you were accepting to?
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2006, 01:13:53 PM »

myself im sorry but i didnt read them, i didnt have time, but i am gettin better!!i am reading the rules now? hihi

So you had time to click the 'accept' button and wait for the confirmation email but didn't have time to read what you were accepting to?

pretty much, i remember when i accepted i was due to go out in like 5mins, so i had to finnish gettin ready and log off!!then i just forgot to read up on them!!

anythinggoes
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2006, 02:07:42 PM »

Was there rules when we signed up if so i dont remember readin in fact i dont think ive ever read the rules of the site must be pretty much common sense though
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2006, 06:58:56 AM »

hey mods, i got a negative karma for just posting smileys, do you still get a negative karma if you quote and put just smileys along with the quote from anothe poster??

anythinggoes
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2006, 07:00:46 AM »

hey mods, i got a negative karma for just posting smileys, do you still get a negative karma if you quote and put just smileys along with the quote from anothe poster??

im no mod but yes you do
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2006, 07:11:36 AM »

because i saw someone before just quote something and put a whole loada smileys and he aint got no negative feeback

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: