Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 06:43:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227933 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  lack of interacton with crowd
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: lack of interacton with crowd  (Read 8505 times)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2006, 12:20:24 PM »

To disgrace U2 fans? Huh

You need to get over the fact that my opinion on this is different than yours.

Im not the one who needs to get over whatever.
How many times have I said each to their own?

I stated my opinions regarding to your opinion that rings pretty biased in my opinion.
I might add, I think it might be your sentiment against the guy that made you have that opinion..

Bono
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2006, 02:52:22 PM »

Quote from: WARose
oh and... perhaps it`s just striking me.... but...i`m really wondering why a guy called "bono" with a "U2" pic in his avatar and a quote from "bono" in his signature needs to bitch about axl`s way of interacting with the crowd - on this board...? are the whiners calling for reinforcement from other fanboards now???

you know what... . I don;'t give two shits what you think.? The original post asked the question I gave my opinion. I wasn't bitching about anything. I in fact said I think Axl's a great performer but as far as interaction with the crowd goes I don't think he's great at it and I don't think he's the type of performer who needs to do that. You people are so up your own ass that you can't even comprehend what I'm saying.? Oh and as for the username and quote I guess it's taboo to be a fan of other bands as well as Gn'R now right?

Quote from: ppbebe
your opinion that rings pretty biased in my opinion.
I might add, I think it might be your sentiment against the guy that made you have that opinion
What are you talking about? To disgrace U 2 fans? biased towards what?? And what guy made me have my opinion? Axl? I love Axl as a performer and an artist, I just don't think crowd interaction is his best characteristic. GET OVER IT!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2006, 02:56:01 PM by Bono » Logged
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2006, 03:09:08 PM »

This is how you interact...

http://my.break.com/media/view.aspx?ContentID=111184
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2006, 03:19:03 PM »

GET OVER IT!

U2.
as I said, it's my opinion that is different than yours.

I love Axl as a performer and an artist

so what? How many times I've heard constant axl bashers say this line.
this topic is not about his music.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2006, 03:30:22 PM »

Quote from: WARose
oh and... perhaps it`s just striking me.... but...i`m really wondering why a guy called "bono" with a "U2" pic in his avatar and a quote from "bono" in his signature needs to bitch about axl`s way of interacting with the crowd - on this board...  are the whiners calling for reinforcement from other fanboards now???

you know what... . I don;'t give two shits what you think.  The original post asked the question I gave my opinion. I wasn't bitching about anything. I in fact said I think Axl's a great performer but as far as interaction with the crowd goes I don't think he's great at it and I don't think he's the type of performer who needs to do that. You people are so up your own ass that you can't even comprehend what I'm saying.  Oh and as for the username and quote I guess it's taboo to be a fan of other bands as well as Gn'R now right?

your opinion that rings pretty biased in my opinion.
I might add, I think it might be your sentiment against the guy that made you have that opinion
What are you talking about? To disgrace U 2 fans? biased towards what?  And what guy made me have my opinion? Axl? I love Axl as a performer and an artist, I just don't think crowd interaction is his best characteristic. GET OVER IT!

well dude....     i was just a little curious why i guy called "bono" is posting about how he doesn`t like axl`s way of interacting with the crowd on a gnr board...

and to me it`s a little contradictory to say his interacting sucks, but you love him as a performer...  interacting with the crowd is probably the most important aspect of performing.... depending on how you define it...

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2006, 05:32:55 PM »

Seems to me that Axl's always been a little "aloof" on stage. Somewhat separated from what's going on around him- only choosing to interact when it serves some purpose for him (i.e. blowing off some steam or bitchin' someone out etc.). I don't think that's going to change now that he's in his 40's. I kind of like that about him as a performer though... on a good night- he's busy giving his all (focusing on his vocals and getting his ass around stage)- not trying to make friends with everyone in the crowd. I think the fact that he's somewhat "removed" from the audience makes him 10,000 x more charismatic. Shows he's not just some shmuck on a stage at the state fair- but a Grade A international rock star. ok 

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
Bono
« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2006, 09:27:58 PM »

Quote from: MaoAxl
Seems to me that Axl's always been a little "aloof" on stage. Somewhat separated from what's going on around him- only choosing to interact when it serves some purpose for him (i.e. blowing off some steam or bitchin' someone out etc.). I don't think that's going to change now that he's in his 40's. I kind of like that about him as a performer though... on a good night- he's busy giving his all (focusing on his vocals and getting his ass around stage)- not trying to make friends with everyone in the crowd. I think the fact that he's somewhat "removed" from the audience makes him 10,000 x more charismatic. Shows he's not just some shmuck on a stage at the state fair- but a Grade A international rock star. ok

Exactly my point. He seems  removed from the crowd for the most part and he's the type of artist who's at his best when he's in that paticular zone. When he does start interacting with the crowd it comes off as unnatural in my opinion. Thats' all I'm getting at.

so what? How many times I've heard constant axl bashers say this line.
this topic is not about his music.

Ppbebe I'm not an Axl basher. I've been a fan long enough and a diehad long enough that for me to be an Axl basher would make no sense. I have no desire to do that. I am a fan though who isn't afraid to call things the way I see them be that for better or worse. I'll shoot straight every single time. The best way to sum up my feelings for Axl is a love/hate type of deal. I've praised the guy on so many ocasions yet those things go unoticed obviously on a  Gn'R board.  Yet when someone speaks up and expresses their disgust or their disatisfaction or simply an opinion that doesn't glorify the greatness of Lord Axl people on these boards take offense and take it personally. Those things get noticed becasue people are sensitive and rarely do they tale the time to think where it's coming form. rather they simple explode and prclaim the person as an Axl basher. There's no way I woudl have travelled huge distances to see this new band if I was an Axl basher or hater. I want this thing to work.  I know there are some definate trolls who love nothing more than to hate on AXL. I'm not one of those people. peace
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: