Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 02:42:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227897 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R to play shows in Florida in October
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R to play shows in Florida in October  (Read 27747 times)
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #120 on: September 12, 2006, 10:57:19 AM »

This is too cool, I had only seen Axl twice since 92. Now by October 25th I will have seen hm at least 8 times in 5 months. Thats a good year no matter what else happens. beer
« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 11:14:26 AM by kujo » Logged

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #121 on: September 12, 2006, 11:08:30 AM »

Not to divert the conversation TOO much...but anyone (Mysteron, maybe) hear anything concrete about other shows?  Say, maybe, one in Connecticut, in mid to late November, and NOT at the Hartford Civic Center?

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #122 on: September 12, 2006, 11:18:48 AM »

Do you guys think we'll have a press release on the tour or will dates just show up like they did for the European tour and the California dates?  I'm thinking a press release with a new website mention and details on a new single would be a good idea.
Kujo
Legend

« Reply #123 on: September 12, 2006, 11:27:01 AM »

For the size of the venues I would hope their will be some type of promotion. We will know something by Friday morning in the states at the latest.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
brock
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #124 on: September 12, 2006, 11:28:47 AM »

For the size of the venues I would hope their will be some type of promotion. We will know something by Friday morning in the states at the latest.
there had better be, or these places will be half empty...
TrixAreForKids
Silly Rabbit
Rocker

Tongue like a razor.

« Reply #125 on: September 12, 2006, 11:31:21 AM »

there had better be, or these places will be half empty...

Afraid so. GnR's success in the states will be determined by their promotion.
Kujo
Legend

« Reply #126 on: September 12, 2006, 11:31:30 AM »

True, the diehards will go, but that is not going to fill 19,000 seats.

Face it, here in America, out of site = out of mind. Like it or not with the mentality of most people Britney Spears would fill these places than GnR will the way things stand now. And before anyone starts running off at the mouth, that is not a knock on GnR.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #127 on: September 12, 2006, 11:43:26 AM »

Do you guys think we'll have a press release on the tour or will dates just show up like they did for the European tour and the California dates?  I'm thinking a press release with a new website mention and details on a new single would be a good idea.

That would be a great idea, but i dont think GNR would release that much info in one message ... probably just happen likethe euro tour

Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #128 on: September 12, 2006, 11:51:03 AM »

Well I would think it would be a bad idea to drop info on a new single or CD's release date at a concert.  That stuff needs to come via a press release.  Also, one of the guitarists mentioned that a new website would be unveiled before the US tour (forget who it was but it might have been Fortus).
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #129 on: September 12, 2006, 12:30:58 PM »

Face it, here in America, out of site = out of mind. Like it or not with the mentality of most people Britney Spears would fill these places than GnR will the way things stand now. And before anyone starts running off at the mouth, that is not a knock on GnR.

This is why I am a proponent of the "half house" arena set up.? You can still seat 5000-7000 people in a more intimate setting. Plus, the demand for tickets could go up because supply goes down. If demand goes up, the hype for the concert could also increase. The chances of a sell out will also increase, and all people would really hear is that GNR sold out "ABC arena", rather than hearing Axl Rose's new GNR played to a half empty arena.

I know VR played some half house show's, they did in Minneapolis anyway.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 12:32:35 PM by ipoopie » Logged

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #130 on: September 12, 2006, 12:38:43 PM »

I saw Duran Duran's 20th anniversary tour at the St. Pete Times forum and they played to half or 3/4 of the areana and it was just fine.

GNR aren't stupid.  They'll do just fine in this sized arena.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #131 on: September 12, 2006, 12:39:38 PM »

Going about this the way they did in 02 would be a mistake.

Either way, I'll be there.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #132 on: September 12, 2006, 12:46:30 PM »

Thats a lot of open dates between jacksonville and Ft. Lauderdale, I'm smelling an Orlando show at the Hard Rock over the weekend on their way down the east coast ok

Just checked, Hard Rock Live has open dates that weekend. 4 shows in Florida maybe? drool

http://www.hardrock.com/live2/calendar.asp?lc=LIVE

lol..wouldn't it be funny if GNR camp read this thread and they are like "oh wow, we didn't know there was a Hard Rock in Orlando.? Thanks to that Kujo dude".? And then tomorrow we get a date there hihi

Now I know why we had that earthquake in the Gulf of Mexico on Sunday.? It was to announce GNR is gonna rock out in my backyard peace

I think Orlando misses out on a lot of good acts simply because no one seems to know the venue is there-

My Dad lives in that area and always has to travel to Tampa to see a show-

Hope you Orlando folks get a show!
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #133 on: September 12, 2006, 12:54:24 PM »

let's see....

there is me, kujo, charity case and slcpunk going

i wonder who the other 11, 996 fans are hihi

« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 12:56:41 PM by dolphin » Logged
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #134 on: September 12, 2006, 01:08:14 PM »

This is why I am a proponent of the "half house" arena set up.? You can still seat 5000-7000 people in a more intimate setting. Plus, the demand for tickets could go up because supply goes down. If demand goes up, the hype for the concert could also increase. The chances of a sell out will also increase, and all people would really hear is that GNR sold out "ABC arena", rather than hearing Axl Rose's new GNR played to a half empty arena.

Do you know how much more expensive it is for the band to do those shows?  You people do know that it is the band who rents out the arena they are playing at right?  That is why the bands' management is so important.  They foot the bill to rent out the arena, stadium, etc. and then the band essentially pays back management with a little interest.  So for all of you who say ticketmaster is solely responsible for ticket prices, you are wrong.  They do in fact play a part in how much tickets will cost by researching the success of past tours, album sales, etc. but in no way are they the ones who have the only input into prices. 

If GNR played these 'half house' shows they would be leaving money on the table and I doubt Axl would want to do that.  Lets face it, I think the guy would rather play to a somewhat empty arena, but maximize his profits rather than play a half house show where he would be leaving some cash behind. 
MikeD
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #135 on: September 12, 2006, 01:10:36 PM »

let's see....

I'll be there along with a couple other pals.
People should also keep in mind, that Florida didn't get GNR in the last tour so there are going to be some pretty starved people. I think they'll be able to pack the place.

dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #136 on: September 12, 2006, 01:14:20 PM »

let's see....

I'll be there along with a couple other pals.
People should also keep in mind, that Florida didn't get GNR in the last tour so there are going to be some pretty starved people. I think they'll be able to pack the place.

11,990 and counting.................. hihi

why isn't gnronline updated with the florida shows??

Huh
« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 01:21:31 PM by dolphin » Logged
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #137 on: September 12, 2006, 01:26:33 PM »

Do you know how much more expensive it is for the band to do those shows?? You people do know that it is the band who rents out the arena they are playing at right?? That is why the bands' management is so important.? They foot the bill to rent out the arena, stadium, etc. and then the band essentially pays back management with a little interest.? So for all of you who say ticketmaster is solely responsible for ticket prices, you are wrong.? They do in fact play a part in how much tickets will cost by researching the success of past tours, album sales, etc. but in no way are they the ones who have the only input into prices.?

If GNR played these 'half house' shows they would be leaving money on the table and I doubt Axl would want to do that.? Lets face it, I think the guy would rather play to a somewhat empty arena, but maximize his profits rather than play a half house show where he would be leaving some cash behind.?

Then let Axl play to a half empty arena, which it looks like is going to happen for the Cali shows unless things turn around quick. The hype the Hammerstein shows created, even though the venue was tiny, created a buzz because tickets were in demand and the shows "sold out"(even though they could have sold out the Garden), and I think this contributed to the mostly positive reviews to the shows. I just want more buzz for my favorite band, and half empty arenas is 02 all over again. I was at an 02 show, and I thought the crowd was decent, but most of what people talked about the day after is that the show was half full. GNR is prob going to get slammed by the critics regardless, but a half empty arena will make it easier to slam them. Maybe a single will be spinning on the radio for the Florida dates which would help a bunch. But I'll be hitting a show no matter what.

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
GNRSANDMAN
Rocker

Bring it Axl

« Reply #138 on: September 12, 2006, 01:47:50 PM »

GNR aren't stupid.?

Have you been paying attention the last, ummmmm 5 or 6 years. 

CD or no CD, THAT is the question?Huh?
flickn
« Reply #139 on: September 12, 2006, 02:04:22 PM »

Do you know how much more expensive it is for the band to do those shows?? You people do know that it is the band who rents out the arena they are playing at right?? That is why the bands' management is so important.? They foot the bill to rent out the arena, stadium, etc. and then the band essentially pays back management with a little interest.? So for all of you who say ticketmaster is solely responsible for ticket prices, you are wrong.? They do in fact play a part in how much tickets will cost by researching the success of past tours, album sales, etc. but in no way are they the ones who have the only input into prices.?

If GNR played these 'half house' shows they would be leaving money on the table and I doubt Axl would want to do that.? Lets face it, I think the guy would rather play to a somewhat empty arena, but maximize his profits rather than play a half house show where he would be leaving some cash behind.?

Then let Axl play to a half empty arena, which it looks like is going to happen for the Cali shows unless things turn around quick. The hype the Hammerstein shows created, even though the venue was tiny, created a buzz because tickets were in demand and the shows "sold out"(even though they could have sold out the Garden), and I think this contributed to the mostly positive reviews to the shows. I just want more buzz for my favorite band, and half empty arenas is 02 all over again. I was at an 02 show, and I thought the crowd was decent, but most of what people talked about the day after is that the show was half full. GNR is prob going to get slammed by the critics regardless, but a half empty arena will make it easier to slam them. Maybe a single will be spinning on the radio for the Florida dates which would help a bunch. But I'll be hitting a show no matter what.

hi there ,

what rock station currently exists  on regular fm radio , that would play a single before october 24th ?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: