Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 12:56:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  be happy people Axl said CD THIS YEAR!!!!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: be happy people Axl said CD THIS YEAR!!!!!!  (Read 33368 times)
gnrrock
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2006, 12:23:42 AM »

Yeah, I don't get it. ?GNR goes on tour. ?People complain about the setlist. ?Axl makes an appearance on MTV and people moan cause they didn't see what they wanted. ?Do people even realize that they are lucky Axl even left the house... ?I'm shocked and pleased Axl showed up to begin with.
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2006, 12:23:45 AM »

Just think guys, 4 months from now we're gonna have CD in our hands and have listened to it a million times.  Fuckin' A

As much of an optimist as I want to be, and as close as we are (more so than ever), I fear getting my hopes up too much will just result in disappointment. I've gone through this before - first in 1999 (when there were rumors), then in 2002 when they went on a Chinese Democracy tour, then in 2004 with the Greatest Hits and more rumors of legal issues bringing the album out...

I will have faith and look forward to the album's release but at the same time I'm going to remain a bit skeptical.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2006, 12:23:57 AM »

Agreed. Nothing dissapointing about tonight. The man was there to introduce a band, he did it well, and he also gave us yet another assurance that Chinese Democracy will be out this year. It all sounds good to me. Also, why is October 24th the start of the tour? They are playing nine shows before that day. Perhaps a single is scheduled to be released after the first nine shows and the official Chinese Democracy tour after that? Baseless speculation I know, but is it a little odd to anyone else that there are (essentially) nine warm up shows scheduled over a month before the tour is supposed to kick off?

apparently the shows prior to Oct 24th are the small venue, warmups.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2006, 12:25:33 AM »

This is really actually positive. At this point, if it wasn't this year, I think he'd just be saying "sometime soon", etc. I'm feeling really good about it...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2006, 12:26:26 AM »

is it a little odd to anyone else that there are (essentially) nine warm up shows scheduled over a month before the tour is supposed to kick off?
I don't find it odd, given that those shows are mostly all in cali. It means that, for that month, the band remains together and in practice while still within driving distance of mixing studios, label reps, etc.
Ranma_br
Headliner

« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2006, 12:27:53 AM »

Well, This is the closest we have been yet to date for the cd to come out... I hope Axl can sell some cd's for christmas. ?I know I'm buying alot for my family members.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

HALELUIA !!
Ellroy
Rocker

« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2006, 12:28:18 AM »

Agreed. Nothing dissapointing about tonight. The man was there to introduce a band, he did it well, and he also gave us yet another assurance that Chinese Democracy will be out this year. It all sounds good to me. Also, why is October 24th the start of the tour? They are playing nine shows before that day. Perhaps a single is scheduled to be released after the first nine shows and the official Chinese Democracy tour after that? Baseless speculation I know, but is it a little odd to anyone else that there are (essentially) nine warm up shows scheduled over a month before the tour is supposed to kick off?

Still, that's a lot of warmup shows. Four (not counting the accoustic set) before the Euro tour and nine before the US tour. Aren't one or two of the places semi-big? Like 15,000 or something? And Inland Invasion is gonna be big too I assume. Sorry, I'm just speculating and getting my hopes up. Anyway, I am grateful for the warmup shows scheduled (though I won't be attending) as they could be our last chance to hear some of the old songs. I can't wait for the new ones as the tour develops!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2006, 12:31:02 AM by Ellroy » Logged

"So, for those who believe in the cause...thank you for your support." - Axl Rose, May 15th 2006
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2006, 12:31:08 AM »

Still, that's a lot of warmup shows. Four (not counting the accoustic set) before the Euro tour and nine before the US tour. Aren't one or two of the places semi-big? Like 15,000 or something? And Inland Invasion is gonna be big too I assume. Sorry, I'm just speculating and getting my hopes us. Anyway, I am grateful for the warmup shows scheduled (though I won't be attending) as they could be our last chance to hear some of the old songs. I can't wait for the new ones as the tour develops!

Understood, but it might have something to do with the set list or the release of some new material which truly  makes it a Chinese Democracy tour. Something will happen when that transition occurs...a single, an album...I would guess.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2006, 12:31:51 AM »

We should all be very, very happy.. Grin

We're on the homestretch, CD is almost here beer

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Ranma_br
Headliner

« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2006, 12:34:01 AM »

CHINESE DEMOCRACY STARTS ... THIS YEAR !!
This is the closest we've ever been to the release date for SURE !!

GetInTheJungle
Rocker

Rock Out With Your C**k Out

« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2006, 12:35:54 AM »

May be nothing - but Oct 24th is a Tuesday - Possible release date?

12/06/02 Phila
05/14/06 NYC
11/05/06 NJ
11/10/06 NYC MSG
11/17/11 NJ
11/20/11 PA
02/24/12 AC NJ
02/27/12 Phila
11/07/12 Vegas
11/09/12 Vegas
05/13/14 PA
07/14/16 Phila Linc
07/23/16 NY Met
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2006, 12:36:08 AM »

Still, that's a lot of warmup shows. Four (not counting the accoustic set) before the Euro tour and nine before the US tour. Aren't one or two of the places semi-big? Like 15,000 or something? And Inland Invasion is gonna be big too I assume. Sorry, I'm just speculating and getting my hopes us. Anyway, I am grateful for the warmup shows scheduled (though I won't be attending) as they could be our last chance to hear some of the old songs. I can't wait for the new ones as the tour develops!

Understood, but it might have something to do with the set list or the release of some new material which truly  makes it a Chinese Democracy tour. Something will happen when that transition occurs...a single, an album...I would guess.
I agree, I think inland will be the transition, I said it before , maybe in Im chatting, but but I think GNr asre doin the west coast with thiese shows cause frankly they havent done the west coast in fucking yrs, and unlike a few in the grand sceme of things that traveled to see GNR in NYC , and abroad never got to see the show

So I think its fine and a good thing they will do this thre , but after inland invasion its a whole new ballgame.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Ellroy
Rocker

« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2006, 12:39:21 AM »

Understood, but it might have something to do with the set list or the release of some new material which truly? makes it a Chinese Democracy tour. Something will happen when that transition occurs...a single, an album...I would guess.

That's what I'm thinking too. It ties in with what Axl said on KROQ about new songs being added as the tour progresses. Perhaps the date he mentioned tonight is when the new songs will start making their way into the set. Probably on account of a single/album as you suggested. Regardless, good times to be a GNR fan. Grin

"So, for those who believe in the cause...thank you for your support." - Axl Rose, May 15th 2006
downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2006, 12:43:00 AM »

Just as tomorrow we'll be even closer, and two days later, that's right, we'll be even closer.

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06
Quebec City '06
Hamilton '10
London '10
Toronto '10
Hamilton '11
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2006, 12:45:17 AM »

I'll take Axl's word. It's this year. No other way to slice it.

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2006, 12:53:51 AM »

You're right, since it was always six months till the release. Now Axl says this years while only 4 months left from the year!  Cool   Chinese Democracy will be released in 2006!  yes

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
GNRslaxl
Rocker

« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2006, 01:28:42 AM »

Audio of the interview http://www.megaupload.com/?d=F26WU0P9 thanks to GunsGuy

thanks a lot!!

but, is there a way to upload it in YSI please? i dont know why, but it says that the 200 slots are already in use, i can download only with Premium  Embarrassed
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2006, 01:46:45 AM »

When I have the CD in my hands, I'll believe it.

I don't take Axl at his word........

Although this is the most optimistic I have ever been. ok

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
oneAXLinamillion
Headliner

« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2006, 01:59:28 AM »

Well, This is the closest we have been yet to date for the cd to come out... I hope Axl can sell some cd's for christmas. ?I know I'm buying alot for my family members.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

HALELUIA !!

-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2006, 02:13:54 AM »

Why does everyone assume that these are warm-up shows? Maybe they aren't playing 10+ warmup shows...

Maybe the band just likes playing for the hell of it?

gnrevolution.com
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: