Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 06:51:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227841 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What is it people fail to understand about Chinese Democracy?
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 50 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What is it people fail to understand about Chinese Democracy?  (Read 181683 times)
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #880 on: July 16, 2009, 06:27:53 AM »

I'm not sure if hate is the main problem, maybe more indifference.

Maybe for many, the build-up was so long that they just didn't care any more.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #881 on: July 16, 2009, 11:10:00 AM »

I can answer that to you right now most Americans now I think have a strong hate of anything to do with Axl Rose and to them CD is not even worth listening to ..........

Say what??  confused

You can't honestly believe that most Americans have a strong hatred for Axl.  Roll Eyes

I don't even think the American media has a strong hatred for him/GNR/CD.  I think maybe they say a lot of negative shit about anything GNR because Axl doesn't say "how high?" when they tell him to jump.  I think maybe they say a lot of negative shit just because they're hoping to get a reaction from the GNR camp.

It's simple ... If you don't play ball, you're gonna catch shit.  Other artists would rather eat shit than catch it.   

Well not most but I have to say there are alot of haters of the new band and no one can say thats not true!!!!!

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #882 on: July 16, 2009, 11:26:27 AM »

In fact there is nothing to fail to understand about this album. They just didn't promote it (the album and the new band / bandmembers) enough.

On the other hand, that's also an advantage. By the fact, CD 'passes by' , the general public slowly accepts Guns 'new face'...
Fans who don't like the new(er) stuff and current band occupation, are no longer fans of this band; new fans will come and a lot of older fans also dig the new shit.

I also posted this on another thread about DJ Asba's chat:

Maybe CD is not the (commercial) succes most of us fans wanted, but I strongly begin to to feel that Guns is moving into a new direction (read: moving forward) which is a pretty good thing.
CD already introduces some newer sound, but also the GN'R face, the 'old guns' personality, is fading and changing into this newer style (Buckethead, Finck, Bumble, DJ Ashba,..) which is a pretty good thing.
This open new doors for (new) succes. This is the power of CD, it's a damn new kick off!!

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #883 on: July 16, 2009, 11:40:24 AM »

I can answer that to you right now most Americans now I think have a strong hate of anything to do with Axl Rose and to them CD is not even worth listening to ..........

Say what??  confused

You can't honestly believe that most Americans have a strong hatred for Axl.  Roll Eyes

I don't even think the American media has a strong hatred for him/GNR/CD.  I think maybe they say a lot of negative shit about anything GNR because Axl doesn't say "how high?" when they tell him to jump.  I think maybe they say a lot of negative shit just because they're hoping to get a reaction from the GNR camp.

It's simple ... If you don't play ball, you're gonna catch shit.  Other artists would rather eat shit than catch it.   

Well not most but I have to say there are alot of haters of the new band and no one can say thats not true!!!!!

yea whatever intentions the media has,  they've done a disservice to the reputation of axl, the band and cd.
XxWickeds10xX
Rocker

GNFNR

« Reply #884 on: July 16, 2009, 11:45:34 AM »

I'm not sure if hate is the main problem, maybe more indifference.

Maybe for many, the build-up was so long that they just didn't care any more.

I agree. I belong to a few other boards, and when CD was being released I posted just letting people know. The general feeling was "who cares?". Then the stories bashing Axl came......" he is crazy......should get back with the older gunners....why so long"

Fast forward 8 months later, and people barely know it exists.. It gets NO radio play he in NY, and Sirius/XM gave up on it quick. I have GnR saved as one of my favorites...when CD first came out about 50% of the GnR songs were CD....now its like down to 2%.

The lack of media this thing got is sad...no matter who is at fault.

What is it people fail to understand about Chinese Democracy? I would say the answer is that nobody knows its out there.
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #885 on: July 16, 2009, 12:11:43 PM »

Say what??  confused

yea whatever intentions the media has,  they've done a disservice to the reputation of axl, the band and cd.

Not meaning this as a diss, but I'd say that's more Axl's doing than the media's.  He knows how the game is played.  He could do something about it, but he chooses not to.  And if he's cool with that, then fine I guess.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #886 on: July 16, 2009, 01:02:52 PM »

yea bodine about the promotion maybe but I was on about the reputation.
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #887 on: July 16, 2009, 01:51:11 PM »

So you're saying you don't think Axl's earned his reputation at all?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #888 on: July 16, 2009, 01:58:45 PM »

do you think a musician should always kiss the ass of the media?
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #889 on: July 16, 2009, 02:07:06 PM »

Of course not, but let's not pretend his refusal to make himself accessible to the media is the only thing the man's done to get a reputation. 

And by the way, speaking and ass-kissing are two completely different things.  Axl does neither.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #890 on: July 16, 2009, 02:32:21 PM »

yes but what I'm implying is that while he didn't speak the media talked shit about him
if a musician has to keep speaking to the media to prevent that, isn't it a threat?
freedom of speech is not liberty of lie.
PolarBearWitchHead
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #891 on: July 16, 2009, 02:37:15 PM »

talking about something you're passionate about every once and a while and trying to make your band mates a little cash is kissing someone's ass?  it's more like helping yourself.
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #892 on: July 16, 2009, 02:40:52 PM »

yes but what I'm implying is that while he didn't speak the media talked shit about him
if a musician has to keep speaking to the media to prevent that, isn't it a threat?
freedom of speech is not liberty of lie.

What lies were told?  And by media we're talking news, not gossip columns, right?  Because if we're talking about one of those gossip tabloids versus a reputable source, then he's not alone in the bashing.
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #893 on: July 16, 2009, 02:51:16 PM »

Say what??  confused

Not meaning this as a diss, but I'd say that's more Axl's doing than the media's.  He knows how the game is played.  He could do something about it, but he chooses not to.  And if he's cool with that, then fine I guess.
Your right in the end its his call to respond to there childish taunts and trying to slam on him and I think Axl took the high road which is more respectable for im guessing most of here and im with Axl on this all the way fuck the media and the haters!!!!!

Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #894 on: July 16, 2009, 02:53:09 PM »

So you're saying you don't think Axl's earned his reputation at all?
I dont think thats what he ment or he wouldnt be here.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #895 on: July 16, 2009, 02:59:18 PM »

What lies were told?  And by media we're talking news, not gossip columns, right?  Because if we're talking about one of those gossip tabloids versus a reputable source, then he's not alone in the bashing.

gossips some djs music writers and tvs have spread. Maybe he's not alone but not every musician is treated like him.
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #896 on: July 16, 2009, 03:03:26 PM »

gossips some djs music writers and tvs have spread. Maybe he's not alone but not every musician is treated like him.
So true in the end with those people its about what will get people the most intersted so they make more money and with Axl they took the hatefull method.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #897 on: July 17, 2009, 12:04:07 PM »

talking about something you're passionate about every once and a while and trying to make your band mates a little cash is kissing someone's ass?  it's more like helping yourself.

better not talk when you don't know what you're talking about. i don't mean axl by 'you'.
The Glow Inc.
Headliner

« Reply #898 on: July 17, 2009, 12:32:14 PM »

Let me reformulate your question a bit differently :

Do you think it's worth it if going on a show to play a song like TWAT or This I Love allows people who previously had no clue that Chinese Democracy was actually not as bad as they read it was to hear these songs ?

What is the right thing to do between

-accepting to do a live song in a tv show that doesn't really give a crap about your band but raise some awareness about your music
-saving your dignity even if it means that these songs won't be heard by the people who didn't care about your music in the first place

Of course that Axl doesn't have to kiss the ass of the media ( especially since he's often portrayed as an asshole/depressive maniac by these same medias ) but don't you think these songs deserve some prime time exposure ?
They really deserve to be heard in my opinion.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #899 on: July 17, 2009, 05:44:00 PM »

in my opinion as well. i think i'd leave the question to the band.
as they say all roads lead to Rome, there must be the way for them.

my original question was actually about the prolonged advanced (bad) publicity till around 2006 that made out axl a villain and the album a solo project tho.

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 50 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: