Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 05:57:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227843 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  A cover song for the new album? Thoughts…🤔
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: A cover song for the new album? Thoughts…🤔  (Read 4683 times)
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« on: September 29, 2023, 09:50:51 PM »

Over the years GnR have done amazing covers. If they were to record a cover, which is possible, what would you like to hear pro recorded… Wichita Lineman? T.V. Eye? One by U2? I’ve always loved the cover of ‘Sailing’ by Rod Stewart performed in London in 2006. Axl’s voice was top notch on this. I’d even be happy with a pro recording of this performance https://youtu.be/LMwhGtSYz2k?si=JniShoLIuTzDjFgr

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
Oliver
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2023, 10:02:06 PM »

I would love a studio version of Black Hole Sun. This song is perfect for GNR.
SkeletorSerpent
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2023, 10:46:40 PM »

"Sailing"! Without a doubt! Number one choice all day, every day.

"Wichita" would be amazing, too; it's really grown on me. A studio version would rock.

I also love "The Seeker"

Hell, they should make studio versions of the Illusion tour covers while they're at it- "Mother" by Pink Floyd, "Wild Horses" Stones, "Only Women Bleed" Alice Cooper, and "Dead Flowers" Stones

"White Room," using his low register would be killer.

"Give Me Back My Bullets," by Skynyrd

"It's My Life" by The Animals

Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2023, 06:58:19 PM »

Over the years GnR have done amazing covers. If they were to record a cover, which is possible, what would you like to hear pro recorded… Wichita Lineman? T.V. Eye? One by U2? I’ve always loved the cover of ‘Sailing’ by Rod Stewart performed in London in 2006. Axl’s voice was top notch on this. I’d even be happy with a pro recording of this performance https://youtu.be/LMwhGtSYz2k?si=JniShoLIuTzDjFgr

SAILINGGG FOR SUREEE LOVE IT !

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
dsaddler78
Rocker

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2023, 01:03:57 AM »

I agree with "Black Hole Sun". Also, "Only Women Bleed" would be insane.......Wild Horses would work as well
Vezara
Headliner

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2023, 07:51:04 AM »

all of the above including dust in the wind
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2023, 10:24:25 AM »

With the 30th Anniversary of “The Spaghetti Incident” coming up I’d love to get a deluxe anniversary edition of that with studio versions of all the covers they currently do or have done over the years.
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2023, 01:13:55 PM »

All good suggestions here. The Seeker would be cool.

Still, I'd love if they did a Hanoi Rocks cover. Beer and a cigarette was supposely an alternative for TSI, but they had a problem with Andy McCoy I think. Don't know if it was ever recorded. 11th Street Kids or Until I Get You are a couple of favourites.

And of course, any punk song with Duff on the lead is cool Smiley

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
SkeletorSerpent
Rocker

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2023, 11:10:02 PM »

All good suggestions here. The Seeker would be cool.

Still, I'd love if they did a Hanoi Rocks cover. Beer and a cigarette was supposely an alternative for TSI, but they had a problem with Andy McCoy I think. Don't know if it was ever recorded. 11th Street Kids or Until I Get You are a couple of favourites.

And of course, any punk song with Duff on the lead is cool Smiley

YES!! Anything punk by Duff is always cool! I'd love to here "Betray" or "Sob Story" from Minor Threat!!! Frank would crush the drums!
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2023, 05:10:04 AM »

A cover is always good, i have a list of songs they could easily cover but cmon now... They do almost more covers than original songs already rofl rofl... We don't even know if we'll ever see a new album and u talk about covers...Just no... Plus I don't see something very original in your suggestions, be more creative plz.
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2023, 12:39:01 PM »

A cover is always good, i have a list of songs they could easily cover but cmon now... They do almost more covers than original songs already rofl rofl... We don't even know if we'll ever see a new album and u talk about covers...Just no... Plus I don't see something very original in your suggestions, be more creative plz.

So which of their previous covers would you like to hear a studio recording of?

ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2023, 05:25:24 AM »

None of them. Really. But if they really should pick one, i think they should pick a song that would sound like the rest of the album. If they gonna make AFD 2 any of the cover they play live would be good... If they gonna make  CD 2  i don't think songs like wild horses or wichita would fit.

Just this. Plus i really think that a cover for a band of their caliber should be more a true revisitation of that song. Playing the song almost exactly like the original doesn't make any sense, it would be just  a filler. Pick a song like "monkey" by george michael (a typical song u can do anything with) and make it yours... That's my opinion about covers.

But at the end of the day i think the album, if it will ever be, is gonna be a meltin pot of cd leftovers a couple of new songs and if the tracks are not enough u gonna have your basic covers.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2023, 05:38:06 AM by ITARocker » Logged
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2023, 06:44:48 AM »

None of them. Really. But if they really should pick one, i think they should pick a song that would sound like the rest of the album. If they gonna make AFD 2 any of the cover they play live would be good... If they gonna make  CD 2  i don't think songs like wild horses or wichita would fit.

Just this. Plus i really think that a cover for a band of their caliber should be more a true revisitation of that song. Playing the song almost exactly like the original doesn't make any sense, it would be just  a filler. Pick a song like "monkey" by george michael (a typical song u can do anything with) and make it yours... That's my opinion about covers.

But at the end of the day i think the album, if it will ever be, is gonna be a meltin pot of cd leftovers a couple of new songs and if the tracks are not enough u gonna have your basic covers.

That's an interesting choice, however, I don't think Knocking on Heavens Door, Live & Let Die or dare I say, Sympathy for the Devil, were played exactly like the originals. I think GnR added their own stamp to those songs. I really like their covers anyway and would have no problem listening to another cover recorded on an album.

Guitar1281
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2023, 09:31:46 AM »

Pick a song like "monkey" by george michael (a typical song u can do anything with) and make it yours... That's my opinion about covers.

Agreed. I think doing the song Someone You Loved by Lewis Capaldi would work excellently. Axl getting that gritty rasp on the song, building the song to a crescendo of heavy guitars and a gut wrenching solo.

Listen to my tribute to Axl - Parasite

https://soundcloud.com/withliberty/parasite
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2023, 12:46:59 PM »

Pick a song like "monkey" by george michael (a typical song u can do anything with) and make it yours... That's my opinion about covers.

Agreed. I think doing the song Someone You Loved by Lewis Capaldi would work excellently. Axl getting that gritty rasp on the song, building the song to a crescendo of heavy guitars and a gut wrenching solo.

I think I'd like to hear Axl do some STP or Alice in Chains Cheesy

gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2023, 12:57:28 PM »

There is actually loads of A.I. Axl cover versions online. Some of them aren't great but there are a few that are pretty cool. A.I. blows my mind

The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2023, 12:50:10 PM »

I know that its not a popular choice, but Sympathy for the Devil with this line-up would be cool. Squaring that circle and all that,
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2023, 07:26:09 AM »

I know that its not a popular choice, but Sympathy for the Devil with this line-up would be cool. Squaring that circle and all that,

I think it would be cool to hear them play it live but Slash described the recording of that song as the sound of Guns N' Roses breaking up. Can't see them wanting to revisit that time in GNR history

freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2023, 12:07:45 PM »

I would like cats in the cradle, or it aint me by ccr
juck01
Opening Act

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2023, 02:46:06 AM »

How about Heartbreaker by Grand Funk Railroad?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: