Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 07:38:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227894 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl Rose Interview With Del James
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 35 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl Rose Interview With Del James  (Read 121723 times)
gonella
Opening Act

Wake up.... Try..... And Dieeeeeeeeee

« Reply #280 on: February 28, 2009, 08:26:05 AM »

^ Ha! Slash wasn't so "tactfully and respectfully" when he said in 2006 how the new album only had a couple of vocals recorded - and he knew it by fact! Neither when he lies about not being at Axl's house bitching about VR people. Neither when he's always trying to be this "nice guy" but always spitting some venon here and there. So, when Axl is honest about his feelings (and not trying to be this "nice guy" saying nice things about something his dislikes), he's "throwing shit".

Wonder if you have to be always this fake and two faces asshole in the media for people to take you as a nice guy. Maybe that's why Axl is always getting shit for those so called fans... He's not trying to please you - unlike Slash. So sorry.

if you don't like guns n roses in its current form but like it in its past form, then you are a fan of what Guns N' Roses was.. not what it is.   Its pretty simple.   Its just calling it what it is.

What does it matter?  One can't be a fan unless they like GnR in it's current form?  Even Axl couldn't give an answer to what the current form is.  I'm not talking trash by saying that, I'm just saying that I'm tired of the sentiment around here that you can't be a fan unless you like the band for what it is now.  It doesn't matter.
Funny, because there is this section called Dead Horse and the one dedicated to the old band. Still, you're on the NEWS section, dedicated to talk about CURRENT stuff. How can someone who tends foward to the old guys insist to post the same shit here?

See, that's what Jim Bob was trying to say IMO. It's fine if you like the old guys (more), but don't expect to not having it back when people post here over and over how Axl is the bad guy and bla bla bla.

I'm not into what Slash is doing right now (or even in the VR). Do you see me spamming angry shit in a VR board?

I just don't subscribe to that , its not as like I didn't get past it, and succeeded, its the fact that when people decide NO you cant say that you should just bury it never speak.. fuck that, these things come in degrees, and the higher profile you are looked at in a public forum the harsher the critics are to say shut up. WHY?  Its a bit liberating to say the things you held inside , when you feel its right for you to do so. And I know me I take shit, stay silent move on, and sometimes I feel ok now is the time to speak up and squash whatever people thought before cause , the games are over ..and there is nothing wrong with doing so. Friendships end , partnerships end. and some go on the offense , very early , and in turn really destroy any shred of repair.
For sure, my friend. I have the same feeling. I knew a guy who wanted to stalk me and kille me (for real). I found out he commited suicide last year and friends in common were all "oh, he was a nice guy, we should respect this moment" and I said "FUCK THAT, he tried everything as possible to make my life a nightmare, he deserved it and I hope he's burning right now". And you know what? People got offended by my words.

I guess it's cool as long it's not with you. That's why I tottally respect any angry or bitterness Axl may have - nobody knows what he had to go through and still are blaming him for finally being able to talk about that without having to answer that old question "when the album is coming out?".

I really don't understand why Axl is beating so much in Slash. Slash stopped to speak bad thing about him in end of 90'.  It seens some kind of revenge..

Its too much easy Axl speak good things about the NEW members, saying that they have a good relationship. But It's so easy to understand the reason, the new members do not have a personality, they rarely express themseff in public, there is few interviews of them.. or talking about the chinese democracy, when they talked, they talked about abstract things of the album just to avoid conflict with Axl.

In this way eveybody is friendly. Smiley)SmileySmiley  

You're so full of shit you don't even know what you're talking about. Is it "personality" to have a band, wish to get back to your old one and talking shit about everyone?

Obviously he wouldn't talk shit about the CURRENT members - if they are still in the loop, it's why they don't problems with him. Still, Axl didn't seem too happy about Robin's choices, did he?

Little Voodoo,

When I said  'personality', i did a comparation with the old band. The new members are more 'passive', i never saw they saying anything against  Axl' ideas. In another hand, the old band are always expressing the ideas, doing interview about new paths to follow. This kind of attitude shows strong 'personality' they know how to defend them ideas.  

See the difference, the new band are 'almost' more time in the street(1999 - 2008) as Guns N' Roses than old line(1985-1994).  And compare the number of interview of each other. And if you look the interview content is totally useless, abstract, nothing concrete about the chinese demoracry, sure there are good interviews explaing many things, but a few of them. I think who did a lot of contribuition was Bumblefoot when he entered, but it was a modern time(2006 - 2009)(replying email from fans).

So looking for the Axl' Side is more easier to 'handle' the new guys.

Accept the truth Smiley

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #281 on: February 28, 2009, 08:36:40 AM »

You know, you don't have to use bold in every single word. And you're still full of it, accept the truth. Wink

gonella
Opening Act

Wake up.... Try..... And Dieeeeeeeeee

« Reply #282 on: February 28, 2009, 08:42:15 AM »

You know, you don't have to use bold in every single word. And you're still full of it, accept the truth. Wink

I thought that you was myopic, for the reason I used a lot of bold.. SmileySmileySmiley hihi
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #283 on: February 28, 2009, 09:19:55 AM »

I just find it hard to believe that every single person in the world is lying. Jesus, Even Bucket left, Robin has left twice......

No but slash lies.
Robin and bucket don't like the label very much and they don't say much.

That's perhaps the most redundant post I've seen. Talk about living up to the stereotypes D was talking about.

Anyway, I think MeanBone has said it best. Very insightful.

what part of the meanbone post are you agreeing to?

you must be able to answer my question instead of d. point out where axl lied.

Plus axl isn't saying the entire world is against him and it's not.
Maybe Slash and his supporters which I understand you are one of, are, but don't exaggerate, they aren't the entire world.

Read carefully Axl isn't even saying he was faultless at that time.

The break up was unavoidable and not necessarily a bad thing. An Ending is a beginning.

I said this before and I'll say it again thank you Slash for leaving the band. : ok

But somewhat people who obviously weren't there still blame it and solely on axl, when in your and your friends theory everyone involved was responsible, right?
Who is their source?
maynard
« Reply #284 on: February 28, 2009, 10:15:14 AM »

I love the "passive agressive" attitude from Robin. He just said "Fuck it" and went touring and having fun with NIN.
King Axl
Rocker

4/14/2012. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

« Reply #285 on: February 28, 2009, 10:26:14 AM »

It's a good article, though I feel Axl would be better served interviewing with Rolling Stone or Entertainment Weekly. That way, he can reach the largest potential audience and not have to answer the same questions in every interview with the smaller media publications.

100% in agreement about Slash. There's no question he's done nothing good since the Illusion albums, and Axl managed to get the very best out of him for those recordings.

While fifteen years was an obviously long time, in the end it's better to have put out something very good like Chinese Democracy, instead of putting out garbage every two to three years as Slash has since 1993.

"Something, something, something, DARK SIDE. Something, something, something, COMPLETE".
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #286 on: February 28, 2009, 10:37:20 AM »

I love the "passive agressive" attitude from Robin. He just said "Fuck it" and went touring and having fun with NIN.

riiiiiiiiiiiight

I love that he pushed axl to put TIL on the record
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #287 on: February 28, 2009, 11:03:24 AM »

riiiiiiiiiiiight

snap. and his stevie ray vaughn kind solo axl advertises.

I love as how axl's cool about Robin, bh josh and everyone except liars and slashers hihi

TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #288 on: February 28, 2009, 11:29:56 AM »

Trying to promote the new album by slagging off (rightfully or otherwise) the old band seems like a strange tactic.

It's a shame more time can't be spent establishing and discussing the new band than trying to bury the old. All this is going to do is stir up the same old Axl Vs. Slash bullshit and take the focus further off C.D.

And there goes the challenger...
SlashRock
Rocker

G'N'F'n'R

« Reply #289 on: February 28, 2009, 11:47:27 AM »

Trying to promote the new album by slagging off (rightfully or otherwise) the old band seems like a strange tactic.

It's a shame more time can't be spent establishing and discussing the new band than trying to bury the old. All this is going to do is stir up the same old Axl Vs. Slash bullshit and take the focus further off C.D.

And you don't think that's the whole point behind this?

If he was serious about promoting the record he would be keeping the music in the public eye. The lack of a music video for 'Better' pretty much says it all.

'Excuse me whilst I kiss the sky!'
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #290 on: February 28, 2009, 11:54:25 AM »

I just find it a bit funny that Slash has moved on in the press, answers questions about Axl tactfully and respectfully, and now Axl appears in the press again throwing shit.

He wrote a fucking book that was mostly about GN'R and was supposed to "set the record straight".

Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #291 on: February 28, 2009, 11:58:34 AM »

slash wrote nothing but lies and slander about axl in his stupid book.  he went out of his way to make axl look bad, and now he's getting his just desserts.  fuck slash.  fuck him in his lying, black heart.  he is nothing, and the only people who support him any more are only doing so to try and tear down axl and the amazing new music he's made.
SlashRock
Rocker

G'N'F'n'R

« Reply #292 on: February 28, 2009, 12:01:48 PM »

slash wrote nothing but lies and slander about axl in his stupid book.  he went out of his way to make axl look bad, and now he's getting his just desserts.  fuck slash.  fuck him in his lying, black heart.  he is nothing, and the only people who support him any more are only doing so to try and tear down axl and the amazing new music he's made.

OTT much?

Amazingly people can support both Axl and Slash!  Shocked

falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #293 on: February 28, 2009, 12:11:38 PM »

i for one don't support cancer.  it's eye-openning to see that you do.
SlashRock
Rocker

G'N'F'n'R

« Reply #294 on: February 28, 2009, 12:14:00 PM »

i for one don't support cancer.  it's eye-openning to see that you do.

To compare a human being to cancer is disgusting in my opinion. You are obviously very ignorant on the tragedy that cancer brings to peoples lives.

Idiot.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #295 on: February 28, 2009, 12:18:03 PM »

Idiot.

Read our rules.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #296 on: February 28, 2009, 12:23:21 PM »

riiiiiiiiiiiight

snap. and his stevie ray vaughn kind solo axl advertises.

I love as how axl's cool about Robin, bh josh and everyone except liars and slashers hihi

See, I find this hilarious right here.

Axl talking about Detractors and media and fans Building up HYPE. Here he is promising a SRV type solo from Robin.

I have heard Robin do live solos and on CD and I don't see how he possibly could pull something like that off. People have heard the great SRV play right? So when we do hear this solo and if it doesn't quite meet expectation, I guess it will be our faults again for hyping it up.

Jim Bob did make a good point earlier about being a fan of GNR in 2009. Problem with that is, People on this message forum think u have to worship 2009 GNR and think they are better than old GNR to be a fan.

I am a fan of CD and 2009 GNR but I am a bigger fan of the AFD/UYI lineup. So based on me liking the old band better, I am labeled as not a fan which is just ridiculous.

Its hard to be a die hard fan of a band that changes its lineup more than Garry changes usernames.

I think GNR are more of a NIN type band where its Axl and whoever is available to tour. How many bands do u know that aren't able to do anything even if they wanted due to most of the members having other commitments?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #297 on: February 28, 2009, 12:27:59 PM »

Here he is promising a SRV type solo from Robin.

I have heard Robin do live solos and on CD and I don't see how he possibly could pull something like that off. People have heard the great SRV play right? So when we do hear this solo and if it doesn't quite meet expectation, I guess it will be our faults again for hyping it up.

And that's the problem.

You're already saying he can't.

You're the one who's bashed the musicianship on CD.

No wonder they'll never be good enough.

How many bands do u know that aren't able to do anything even if they wanted due to most of the members having other commitments?

Please explain. Who are these "most of the members" with other commitments that are stopping GN'R?

Who's in the band?

I think we'll go with a combo of who's around and who's on the album for now and worry about that when we get ready to tour.

Which is how it's been since they played their first show in Las Vegas in 2000.

Some of the people who are on the album won't be available for touring. Obviously they can't bring everybody who's on the album on tour either.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 12:29:58 PM by jarmo » Logged

LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #298 on: February 28, 2009, 12:37:52 PM »

Dude, he's only half black. And that's not very nice

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Silverchair
Rocker

« Reply #299 on: February 28, 2009, 12:50:16 PM »

this isn't the best interview... but it isn't that bad. Axl put up with like 10 years of people talking shit about him... give the guy 10 fucking minutes.

people won't be happy until Axl says "it was all my fault... i miss slash, i love him like a brother... i wish i wasn't so stupid... i can't write without Slash/Izzy... I am a failure. I apologize to everyone... I am a piece of shit, I need the old guns".

It pisses me off that no matter what Axl says... he's always seen as the asshole. ALWAYS. He can never do anything right.

"They don?t make ?em like Vince Neil or Tommy Lee anymore. And there sure hasn?t been another Axl Rose. " via MSNBC- 2008.

"Think For Yourself, Question Authority"

HUMOR = Negative Karma
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 35 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: