Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 01:12:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227903 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GN'R On Tour!
| | |-+  North America 2006
| | | |-+  New York City, USA Hammerstein Ballroom - May 12, 2006 + general info
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New York City, USA Hammerstein Ballroom - May 12, 2006 + general info  (Read 154512 times)
demonscars
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #980 on: May 13, 2006, 11:58:38 PM »

It was really an awesome show.  I couldn't believe I was that close to Axl.  My only wish was for some more Illusion stuff, but other than that no complaints.  His voice was really the highlight, cause its fucking amazing, way better than I remember in 2002.
marknroses
VIP

"Ain't It Fun"

« Reply #981 on: May 14, 2006, 12:13:26 AM »

Im warning GNR fans, my review will be pretty fucking honest - the way axl would do it.
Im seeing the NU GNR tomorrow night on MOther's Day, so Im sacrifciing a lot to see Axl and his band. I have 30 shows by the band on DVD, both old and NU. I spent $110 on a $63 ticket, but I have to see what its all about.
If i like this show May 14th, then you know they'll go at least 3 platinum

See you tomorrow nite

MNR

"I guess I like who I am now. I'd like to have a little more internal peace...I'm sure everybody would" (Axl Rose R.S. 4/1992)
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #982 on: May 14, 2006, 12:28:21 AM »

Ok, whatever dude.

Your opinion is worth no more than anyone elses. Sorry to burst the self centered little bubble that you have constructed around yourself.

I hope you enjoy the show nonetheless but cut out the self serving crap.

I spent $110 on a $63 ticket, but I have to see what its all about.

which only proves that you are not as smart as you think.

KV
« Last Edit: May 14, 2006, 12:38:10 AM by killingvector » Logged

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
marknroses
VIP

"Ain't It Fun"

« Reply #983 on: May 14, 2006, 12:29:48 AM »

No offense to GNR fans, but I hold Axl to his highest standards.
Axl's looking good so far - playing with sebastian bach (who rocked in 2003 at iriving plaza and rocked the house). I conduct the best tours in NYC on thge double decker buses with axl as my sole inspiration.
Maybe he;ll do my tour one day,

but in the meantime, he better impress me.
If he can go up there & show some balls like he did on UYI 1991, then he's got my vote and he won;t be stopped.

Its not 2002 anymore I hope. see you back here tomorrow nite.

MNR

"I guess I like who I am now. I'd like to have a little more internal peace...I'm sure everybody would" (Axl Rose R.S. 4/1992)
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #984 on: May 14, 2006, 12:30:23 AM »

Im warning GNR fans, my review will be pretty fucking honest - the way axl would do it.
Im seeing the NU GNR tomorrow night on MOther's Day, so Im sacrifciing a lot to see Axl and his band. I have 30 shows by the band on DVD, both old and NU. I spent $110 on a $63 ticket, but I have to see what its all about.

See you tomorrow nite

MNR
If you like the show? I dont get it? I am confused. I bet you will bash the show, i can see it already.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #985 on: May 14, 2006, 12:34:54 AM »

he better impress me.

rofl

LOL. You really need to get grounded. I'm sure Axl really cares if he impresses you. He had fun last night and gave a tremendous performance. He made alot of people happy. Personally, I hope you have a great time but this idea of yours that your opinion implies a make or break judgement is laughable. Get a grip.

KV

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
GetInTheJungle
Rocker

Rock Out With Your C**k Out

« Reply #986 on: May 14, 2006, 12:40:44 AM »

To add to question (7 posts up page) how is the view from Mezz2

What time is recommended to get in line to get first 5 rows of Mezz2

And any other info helpful to people who will be sitting in Mezz2

ok(Later tonight is my first GNR performance - Pumped.......Tried in Philly 12-06-02 but unlucky)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2006, 12:43:50 AM by GetInTheJungle » Logged

12/06/02 Phila
05/14/06 NYC
11/05/06 NJ
11/10/06 NYC MSG
11/17/11 NJ
11/20/11 PA
02/24/12 AC NJ
02/27/12 Phila
11/07/12 Vegas
11/09/12 Vegas
05/13/14 PA
07/14/16 Phila Linc
07/23/16 NY Met
BKinNYC
Rocker

Worrying's a waste of my time.

« Reply #987 on: May 14, 2006, 01:14:01 AM »

ok(Later tonight is my first GNR performance - Pumped.......Tried in Philly 12-06-02 but unlucky)

I got there at 6:30.  Doors opened at 8.  We had second row mezz2, and we pretty much could take our pick of seats.  I personally thought they were great.

The music sounded great up there too, and you get to take it all in.  Very cool.
axlroses
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #988 on: May 14, 2006, 01:16:56 AM »

It was a great show.  Axl was simply amazing.  His voice, his energy, and his attitude were great.  They really seemed like a band last night.  They interacted with eachother, and they were really into it.  I thought Robin look a lot more comfortable, and I am glad he yanked Tommy from getting fried by the pyrotechnics.  All in all it was a great night, and better than I could have imagined.
GetInTheJungle
Rocker

Rock Out With Your C**k Out

« Reply #989 on: May 14, 2006, 01:33:14 AM »

I got there at 6:30. Doors opened at 8. We had second row mezz2, and we pretty much could take our pick of seats. I personally thought they were great.

The music sounded great up there too, and you get to take it all in. Very cool.
[/quote

Thanks for reply - I am new to posting.......been an observer for a while.

12/06/02 Phila
05/14/06 NYC
11/05/06 NJ
11/10/06 NYC MSG
11/17/11 NJ
11/20/11 PA
02/24/12 AC NJ
02/27/12 Phila
11/07/12 Vegas
11/09/12 Vegas
05/13/14 PA
07/14/16 Phila Linc
07/23/16 NY Met
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #990 on: May 14, 2006, 02:25:23 AM »

I got there at 6:30. Doors opened at 8. We had second row mezz2, and we pretty much could take our pick of seats. I personally thought they were great.

The music sounded great up there too, and you get to take it all in. Very cool.
[/quote

Thanks for reply - I am new to posting.......been an observer for a while.

if you have mezz tickets i wouldn't bother getting there early.. the line is going to be blocks long.. i got there 8:30ish.. the line was several blocks long.. and got seats dead center.. about 8 rows back.. i really wouldn't worry about getting a good seat.. the place is so small you could be in the very last row and still have great seats.. i don't think the diff between the first and last row was that much.. the floor is a diff story.. its not on an incline.. so if you end up in the back it might be tough to see..
firestarter
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #991 on: May 14, 2006, 03:52:09 AM »

anybody bringing a camera for the coming shows? they said cameras weren't allowed but i saw some pics and videos of the friday show online. so are they strict on that issue?
axlirs
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #992 on: May 14, 2006, 09:03:55 AM »

See you tomorrow nite

MNR
If you like the show? I dont get it? I am confused. I bet you will bash the show, i can see it already.

same here, he's a hypocrit and a hater. gnr are back, don't post negative stuff, we should all be happy they are back!
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #993 on: May 14, 2006, 09:28:15 AM »

and why are we still calling them nu gnr, theyre gnr, theres no other gnr in the world.  i admit, i thought the gnr name was a little off for axl just to use by himself, but after the trunk interview its clear where the spirit of gnr is, its axl rose.  therefore his band is guns n roses

axlirs
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #994 on: May 14, 2006, 09:43:11 AM »

and why are we still calling them nu gnr, theyre gnr, theres no other gnr in the world.? i admit, i thought the gnr name was a little off for axl just to use by himself, but after the trunk interview its clear where the spirit of gnr is, its axl rose.? therefore his band is guns n roses

excactly! couldn't agree more!
only morons calls them "nu-gnr".
i have watched axl form this band and it should be clear to everyone by now: they are guns n' roses. the one and only. smoking
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #995 on: May 14, 2006, 09:45:45 AM »

and why are we still calling them nu gnr, theyre gnr, theres no other gnr in the world.? i admit, i thought the gnr name was a little off for axl just to use by himself, but after the trunk interview its clear where the spirit of gnr is, its axl rose.? therefore his band is guns n roses

i have watched axl form this band and it should be clear to everyone by now: they are guns n' roses. the one and only. smoking

everybody knows guns n roses spirit excist on this tour

I have never seen so many tree
axlirs
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #996 on: May 14, 2006, 09:47:00 AM »

everybody knows guns n roses spirit excist on this tour

it does because it's guns n' roses. smoking
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #997 on: May 14, 2006, 09:51:31 AM »

I'll be at MH's today noonish with an extra ticket for the 15th.. I'll be the guy drinking a heineken wearing a slash t shirt.... Anyone interested who lives near by or is staying all week but has no ticket for tomorrow I will sell you one face value..

See everyone later, you're in for a great show, although nothing could top axl friday night..
littleredcorvette
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #998 on: May 14, 2006, 10:19:34 AM »

I just wanna say that last nights show was insane. The crowds reaction to axl and him feeding back off the crowd was great. First off, I saw the girl in the white too, she was hot. It was nice to have her to keep the male fans busy during the shitty opening band and b4 Guns came on haha.

Also, there was a part towards the end of November Rain where the new guitarist ran behind the piano to jam with Axl, and Robin ran over to him, grabbed him by the guitar strap and dragged him back to the right side of the stage, just in time to get him out of the way of the amazing wall of sparks the rained down from the ceiling.

Axl also talked a lot last night. He first addressed the critics by saying "People are talking because they think they know what's going on inside Guns and Roses, but they have no idea." Also he said "New York City, my new Paradise City" and later went on to say "I've been here in New York a little while, and like a good student I've been studying hard, studying every night, sometimes until the wee hours of the morning. (Big Smile and cheering) New York has almost killed me a couple times studying" Then when he played his new songs, "I heard a couple of you singing the new songs. Downloading motherfuckers" He seemed half kidding half pissed about that. Also, he said between songs about taking a bike ride around the city and said that his new guitarist needed someone to give him a bike ride around the city to show him the sites. Then, the new guitarist said something, and Axl goes "Wait, wait, say that again" and he says into the mic "I don't know about you, but I'm having a great fucking time" which Axl replied, laughing with a big smile "You don't even know how much fun I am having" He ended the night wwith a screaming " GOOD? ? ? FUCKING? ? ?NIGHT"

all in all, it was the best show i've ever seen, the crowd, axl, the new band, everything was great and going crazy

Dude that was the bassist Tommy Stinson who's been in the band since 1998 who Robin pulled out from the spark shower and who said 'I'm having a great fucking time.'
madagas
« Reply #999 on: May 14, 2006, 10:32:44 AM »

Anyone know what radio station is promoting the show? Which station plays Gnr?
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: