Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 09:44:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227849 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Destruction is coming - Appetite For Destruction deluxe editions out June 29th
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Destruction is coming - Appetite For Destruction deluxe editions out June 29th  (Read 141706 times)
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #60 on: May 01, 2018, 04:30:08 PM »

This countdown clock ends exactly at midnight Thursday night/Friday morning   here on the East Coast.  That is when new releases come out on iTunes and Spotify. Is this thing possibly a surprise release for this Friday?
If this is a remaster of AFD only, maybe. But, a boxset with outtakes, demos or new/unreleased tracks? I have to believe it would get more promo or else sales might be less than they otherwise could be.

Ali
Slashrose
Rocker

Twitter - @sonicmonstersk8

« Reply #61 on: May 01, 2018, 05:02:03 PM »

Maybe we got Ain't Goin' Down, Shadow Of Your Love, Heartbreak Hotel, Jump Jack Flash, e another unreleased songs, maybe Slash re-worked the songs
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #62 on: May 01, 2018, 05:02:46 PM »

I'm not sure what the target market is there. hardcore fans? general public? both?

the app geolocate you but is there something to see/listen when you're going to the pointed location?

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Slashrose
Rocker

« Reply #63 on: May 01, 2018, 05:07:00 PM »

This countdown clock ends exactly at midnight Thursday night/Friday morning   here on the East Coast.  That is when new releases come out on iTunes and Spotify. Is this thing possibly a surprise release for this Friday?
If this is a remaster of AFD only, maybe. But, a boxset with outtakes, demos or new/unreleased tracks? I have to believe it would get more promo or else sales might be less than they otherwise could be.

Ali

I think we will have a Super Deluxe Box Set, maybe with original shows from the original line-up, Live At Ritz 88 remastered, I believe we will have many new songs and better quality
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #64 on: May 01, 2018, 05:12:42 PM »

I don't have the already released version of Shadow at hand, but this one sounds re-recorded right? At least parts.

I've got the live and let die single, with it on the b side. This does sound a little different to me- but that could be simply that it's cleaned up. I'll try and do a comparison in a bit and see properly.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #65 on: May 01, 2018, 05:28:53 PM »

I'm not sure what the target market is there. hardcore fans? general public? both?

the app geolocate you but is there something to see/listen when you're going to the pointed location?

Hardcore fans I guess, it's usually that with these box sets I think.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #66 on: May 01, 2018, 05:29:25 PM »

I don't have the already released version of Shadow at hand, but this one sounds re-recorded right? At least parts.

I've got the live and let die single, with it on the b side. This does sound a little different to me- but that could be simply that it's cleaned up. I'll try and do a comparison in a bit and see properly.

Much appreciated. I have the single too, but no avail cd-player.

Sweetness is a virtue
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #67 on: May 01, 2018, 06:31:00 PM »

It is different.
The Live And Let Die b-side version is much faster than the new version here.

My guess is that the Live And Let Die b-side is a Live Like A Suicide outtake where this version of Shadow Of Your Love is a Appetite outtake. rerecorded in 1987 probably. The production here sounds really close to Appetites production.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #68 on: May 01, 2018, 07:19:01 PM »

It is different.

My guess is that the Live And Let Die b-side is a Live Like A Suicide outtake where this version of Shadow Of Your Love is a Appetite outtake. rerecorded in 1987 probably. The production here sounds really close to Appetites production.

I believe there was a mike clink shadow version recorded, which hasn't leaked, so it could well be tbat we are hearing.

No cd player?! Madness! Haha!

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Slashrose
Rocker

« Reply #69 on: May 01, 2018, 07:41:13 PM »

It is different.

A version of SOYL in Live And Let die single is with Matt Sorum and Dizzy, there are other versions recorded between 1984 and 1990
Slashrose
Rocker

« Reply #70 on: May 01, 2018, 07:44:19 PM »

It is different.

I'm really curious to hear Heartbreak Hotel, Ain't Goin Down and other rarities
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #71 on: May 01, 2018, 08:10:54 PM »

do you remember who did it?
who did, that to you...
who would do this, to you?
who would do this to you? to the young!

My hopes, my dreams have died
Now I rest my hate in the rumors as they're pushin' through
There's a child now chained to the bed now
To me it's time I'm always workin' and I'm gonna get out

I think it's high time you should fuckin' die, child
I think its time you've broken everything inside
I won't be ever satisfied
This is why, baby, you know I got you
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 10:11:31 AM by gunns1 » Logged

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
rebelhipi
Legend

« Reply #72 on: May 01, 2018, 08:16:22 PM »

It is different.

A version of SOYL in Live And Let die single is with Matt Sorum and Dizzy, there are other versions recorded between 1984 and 1990
Nope its a older outtake/demo with Adler.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 08:24:50 PM by rebelhipi » Logged

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Slashrose
Rocker

« Reply #73 on: May 01, 2018, 08:29:07 PM »

It is different.

I'm not sure, I've heard all the versions of Shadow Of Your Love including the remixes made for the 2004 release of The Roots of GNR, and that included on LALD b-side does not look like Adler on drums, Matt Sorum is credited in the single like being drummer of the song

Sorry,

There are three Guns N' Roses versions of ''Shadow of Your Love'',

1/ Sound City version recorded 2-4 June 1986, produced by Manny Charlton. This is the version on the ''Live and Let Die'' single, with the ''wake up, it's time to die'' intro. It is incorrectly labeled in the sleeve as being mixed by Hanspeter Heuber.

2/ Pasha Studios (Live Like A Suicide sessions) version recorded July-August 1986, produced by Spencer Proffer, mixed by Hanspeter Heuber. This is the faux live version on the ''It's so Easy'' single and Japanese Live in the Jungle EP.

3/ Cam-Am version, July 1986, produced by Mike Clink. This is currently uncirculated.

You're right
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 08:33:18 PM by Slashrose » Logged
rebelhipi
Legend

« Reply #74 on: May 01, 2018, 08:51:14 PM »

It is different.

I'm not sure, I've heard all the versions of Shadow Of Your Love including the remixes made for the 2004 release of The Roots of GNR, and that included on LALD b-side does not look like Adler on drums, Matt Sorum is credited in the single like being drummer of the song

Sorry,

There are three Guns N' Roses versions of ''Shadow of Your Love'',

1/ Sound City version recorded 2-4 June 1986, produced by Manny Charlton. This is the version on the ''Live and Let Die'' single, with the ''wake up, it's time to die'' intro. It is incorrectly labeled in the sleeve as being mixed by Hanspeter Heuber.

2/ Pasha Studios (Live Like A Suicide sessions) version recorded July-August 1986, produced by Spencer Proffer, mixed by Hanspeter Heuber. This is the faux live version on the ''It's so Easy'' single and Japanese Live in the Jungle EP.

3/ Cam-Am version, July 1986, produced by Mike Clink. This is currently uncirculated.

You're right
Its allright,  Wink
I got confused as well, for a moment i thought that the LALD single version is the same as the Live Like A Suicide outtake but that isint the case, like you pointed out.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #75 on: May 02, 2018, 12:57:23 AM »

I'm worried about Melissa. What does this do to her job, I like having her in the band.

Or maybe this is just some box and business as usual in the summer.
siraddam
Headliner

« Reply #76 on: May 02, 2018, 04:48:23 AM »

I hope they release it as something downloadable too as not many people nowadays have cd/record players etc.
Nikki_Sixx
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #77 on: May 02, 2018, 04:56:22 AM »

Why would you want an AFD Deluxe box set to include a re-recorded '98 AFD Huh  Roll Eyes  It includes only ONE real GNR member, the rest are hired hands ...

Why would you want to waste the ONLY chance we will ever have to get all the AFD pre-production stuff in excellent quality ?  On something that has NOTHING to do with GNR ?

By the way, there's only two surfaced versions of 'Shadow Of Your Love' :

- Sound City AFD 2-track pre-production demo (june '86) : officially released on the 'Live And Let Die' single.

- Pasha Studios AFD demo (august '86) : officially released on several singles, with added fake crowd noise.  Available without fake crowd noise on numerous bootlegs.

Let's hope they do the AFD Deluxe the right way, including the complete Mystic, Studio City and Pasha demos !!!

But, this is GNR, they'll probably fuck it up  Grin

[Axl] Arnhem '01 (cancelled) - Pukkelpop '02 - Graspop '06 - Nijmegen '06 (+ Izzy) - Paris '10 - Antwerp '10 - Lille '10 - Rotterdam '12 - Paris '12 - Graspop '12 [Axl/Dc] Werchter '16
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #78 on: May 02, 2018, 07:14:57 AM »

Why would you want an AFD Deluxe box set to include a re-recorded '98 AFD Huh  Roll Eyes  It includes only ONE real GNR member, the rest are hired hands ...

Why would you want to waste the ONLY chance we will ever have to get all the AFD pre-production stuff in excellent quality ?  On something that has NOTHING to do with GNR ?

- Sound City AFD 2-track pre-production demo (june '86) : officially released on the 'Live And Let Die' single.

- Pasha Studios AFD demo (august '86) : officially released on several singles, with added fake crowd noise.  Available without fake crowd noise on numerous bootlegs.

Let's hope they do the AFD Deluxe the right way, including the complete Mystic, Studio City and Pasha demos !!!

Although I agree that such a release as a AFD box set, with the kind of promotion we're seeing, I'm hoping the content is focused on the band that made that album.

That being said, getting one thing (like the re-recorded AFD), doesn't automatically exclude any other content. They could "include it all".

Sweetness is a virtue
Nikki_Sixx
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #79 on: May 02, 2018, 07:21:40 AM »

Although I agree that such a release as a AFD box set, with the kind of promotion we're seeing, I'm hoping the content is focused on the band that made that album.

That being said, getting one thing (like the re-recorded AFD), doesn't automatically exclude any other content. They could "include it all".

My point was, WHY would you want 'it' (re-recorded AFD) ?  Roll Eyes  It's not GNR ...

[Axl] Arnhem '01 (cancelled) - Pukkelpop '02 - Graspop '06 - Nijmegen '06 (+ Izzy) - Paris '10 - Antwerp '10 - Lille '10 - Rotterdam '12 - Paris '12 - Graspop '12 [Axl/Dc] Werchter '16
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: