Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 01:42:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227847 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Destruction is coming - Appetite For Destruction deluxe editions out June 29th
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Destruction is coming - Appetite For Destruction deluxe editions out June 29th  (Read 141691 times)
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #80 on: May 02, 2018, 07:35:45 AM »

Why would you want an AFD Deluxe box set to include a re-recorded '98 AFD Huh  Roll Eyes  It includes only ONE real GNR member, the rest are hired hands ...

Why would you want to waste the ONLY chance we will ever have to get all the AFD pre-production stuff in excellent quality ?  On something that has NOTHING to do with GNR ?

By the way, there's only two surfaced versions of 'Shadow Of Your Love' :

- Sound City AFD 2-track pre-production demo (june '86) : officially released on the 'Live And Let Die' single.

- Pasha Studios AFD demo (august '86) : officially released on several singles, with added fake crowd noise.  Available without fake crowd noise on numerous bootlegs.

Let's hope they do the AFD Deluxe the right way, including the complete Mystic, Studio City and Pasha demos !!!

But, this is GNR, they'll probably fuck it up  Grin

Although I agree that such a release as a AFD box set, with the kind of promotion we're seeing, I'm hoping the content is focused on the band that made that album.

That being said, getting one thing (like the re-recorded AFD), doesn't automatically exclude any other content. They could "include it all".

My point was, WHY would you want 'it' (re-recorded AFD) ?  Roll Eyes  It's not GNR ...

It's not essential to include it imo. Though, in some way it can be viewed as a part of the history of the album. Not a major one, but the fact that the vocalist decided to re-record it some 10 years after its release, is something that happened.

It's not GNR as you said. Axl viewed it differently, at the time at least.

Still, I can't get mad if they do include it. Like I said, it doesn't need to be on expense of anything else.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #81 on: May 02, 2018, 07:40:59 AM »

Why would you want an AFD Deluxe box set to include a re-recorded '98 AFD Huh  Roll Eyes  It includes only ONE real GNR member, the rest are hired hands ...

Why would you want to waste the ONLY chance we will ever have to get all the AFD pre-production stuff in excellent quality ?  On something that has NOTHING to do with GNR ?

- Sound City AFD 2-track pre-production demo (june '86) : officially released on the 'Live And Let Die' single.

- Pasha Studios AFD demo (august '86) : officially released on several singles, with added fake crowd noise.  Available without fake crowd noise on numerous bootlegs.

Let's hope they do the AFD Deluxe the right way, including the complete Mystic, Studio City and Pasha demos !!!

Although I agree that such a release as a AFD box set, with the kind of promotion we're seeing, I'm hoping the content is focused on the band that made that album.

That being said, getting one thing (like the re-recorded AFD), doesn't automatically exclude any other content. They could "include it all".

My point was, WHY would you want 'it' (re-recorded AFD) ?  Roll Eyes  It's not GNR ...
It was GNR.
Just like 1987 lineup WAS GNR.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #82 on: May 02, 2018, 08:03:57 AM »

i wanna hear buckethead doing afd

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #83 on: May 02, 2018, 08:05:59 AM »

i wanna hear buckethead doing afd
Bucket wasent on the 1999 rerecording of AFD. It was Robin Finck and Paul Tobias on guitar.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Nikki_Sixx
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #84 on: May 02, 2018, 08:21:17 AM »

It was GNR.

Re-recording an album 10/11 years after the fact, with only 1 actual GNR member and a hired cast of musicians ... sorry, not GNR  Roll Eyes

Maybe it is/was to YOU, but then they did a good job of fooling you ...

[Axl] Arnhem '01 (cancelled) - Pukkelpop '02 - Graspop '06 - Nijmegen '06 (+ Izzy) - Paris '10 - Antwerp '10 - Lille '10 - Rotterdam '12 - Paris '12 - Graspop '12 [Axl/Dc] Werchter '16
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #85 on: May 02, 2018, 08:49:44 AM »

Does the website show the "original" 5, or just Axl, Slash, and Duff?  The skull faces are changing so fast I can't tell if there are 3 or 5. 

If this is AFD focused, I wonder why it wasn't done last year to coincide with the 30th anniversary.  Either way, I'll obviously buy whatever it is they're selling, but I am hoping for some new music.  I mean, while the vault is open, give us a taste.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #86 on: May 02, 2018, 09:22:21 AM »

It was GNR.

Re-recording an album 10/11 years after the fact, with only 1 actual GNR member and a hired cast of musicians ... sorry, not GNR  Roll Eyes

So, is Let it Be...Naked not a Beatles album?

Does the website show the "original" 5, or just Axl, Slash, and Duff?  The skull faces are changing so fast I can't tell if there are 3 or 5. 

If this is AFD focused, I wonder why it wasn't done last year to coincide with the 30th anniversary.  Either way, I'll obviously buy whatever it is they're selling, but I am hoping for some new music.  I mean, while the vault is open, give us a taste.

The website shows all 5 skulls faces. Good point about them missing out on the 30th Anniversary last year, but other bands have been late as well when it comes to these things.

T  O  O  L  for example released a 21st Anniversary edition of their Opiate EP instead of a 20th.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 09:27:42 AM by AxlsMainMan » Logged

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #87 on: May 02, 2018, 09:32:21 AM »

I hope they release it as something downloadable too as not many people nowadays have cd/record players etc.

I don't think that's true - you'd be hard pushed to find a big music fan that doesn't have some sort of audio equipment!

If it's a boxset it will be made to be just that - an exclusive and desirable item aimed at big fans, who will pay a premium for it. You might get a lesser version of downloadable content, but reissues are largely aimed at those big fans who want physical product.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #88 on: May 02, 2018, 09:35:18 AM »

It was GNR.

I assume you don't like the current touring lineup either then? Or any lineup since Adler left?

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #89 on: May 02, 2018, 09:49:15 AM »

Yes 1 original member....the most important one. ok

There is literally not one reason you can give NOT to hear these songs other than you like the original album.  We all do, thats not the point.  The point is those recordings are part of GNR's history and any fan of the band would want to at least have the opportunity to hear it.  If you don't listen to it, great, don't listen to it.  If this is a box set type situation it would be great to throw on there, thats what box sets are for, throwing a bunch of wacky shit out there for people to go through. 
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 09:59:48 AM by Bodhi » Logged
Nikki_Sixx
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #90 on: May 02, 2018, 10:05:21 AM »

It was GNR.

So, is Let it Be...Naked not a Beatles album?

'Let It Be ... Naked' ?  A re-recording with only 1 actual member of the band involved ? I don't think so ...  ok

[Axl] Arnhem '01 (cancelled) - Pukkelpop '02 - Graspop '06 - Nijmegen '06 (+ Izzy) - Paris '10 - Antwerp '10 - Lille '10 - Rotterdam '12 - Paris '12 - Graspop '12 [Axl/Dc] Werchter '16
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #91 on: May 02, 2018, 10:59:50 AM »

The original five.  I agree.  New music would be nice. 
SV4GNR
Opening Act

« Reply #92 on: May 02, 2018, 11:07:56 AM »

My guess is more tour dates. Possibly with all 5 or a mix of all of them. Meaning the current line up with Izzy and Steven mixed in too. The map in the back ground and Destruction is coming just screams tour dates.
SV4GNR
Opening Act

« Reply #93 on: May 02, 2018, 11:14:35 AM »

My guess is more tour dates. Possibly with all 5 or a mix of all of them. Meaning the current line up with Izzy and Steven mixed in too. The map in the back ground and Destruction is coming just screams tour dates.

New music would be awesome. Who doesn't want to hear new music from their favorite band. I guess we will just have to cross our fingers and wait and see. Only 1 day 12 Hours and 47 minutes to wait lol.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #94 on: May 02, 2018, 11:15:07 AM »

Over 20 dates in Japan alone? Nah! Plus the fact the site is owned by Universal, who are nothing to do with touring.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #95 on: May 02, 2018, 11:16:12 AM »

I think it's already established the dots on the map are the locations of the posters.

It's an AFD box set.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #96 on: May 02, 2018, 11:16:49 AM »

I'm going out on a limb here- I don't think that sounds like Adler drumming on the SOYL clip, at all......and Axl sounds very much like he does now......

I think this has been re-recorded.

Executioner
Rocker

« Reply #97 on: May 02, 2018, 11:48:00 AM »

It's about time they released some box sets the lack of GnR music out there is really odd when compared to other big bands like Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd and the Stones a live DVD of the recent tour which I know was filmed in LA last year should be released along with a live CD ,they could easily knock out a new album in a few months if they wanted to instead of constantly depending on a 31 year old album and the Illusions albums that are now 27 years old ,Slash recently announced new music and tour with his side project I'm thinking WTF is not with GnR
Mrbreeze
Opening Act

« Reply #98 on: May 02, 2018, 11:48:25 AM »

I think it has been re recorded as well. The snare does not sound like Stevens. It's more deeper like Franks.  Also Axl sounds like he did with ACDC
MHC
Headliner

« Reply #99 on: May 02, 2018, 11:50:47 AM »

T  O  O  L  for example released a 21st Anniversary edition of their Opiate EP instead of a 20th.

I imagine that?s because 21 is in the Fibonacci sequence.

GNR were, for the first time in a long time, super busy last year. I couldn?t imagine doing that tour and having the bandwidth to oversee an anniversary release of their seminal album.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: