Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 01:21:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227847 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Destruction is coming - Appetite For Destruction deluxe editions out June 29th
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Destruction is coming - Appetite For Destruction deluxe editions out June 29th  (Read 141690 times)
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #100 on: May 02, 2018, 11:57:58 AM »

My guess is more tour dates. Possibly with all 5 or a mix of all of them. Meaning the current line up with Izzy and Steven mixed in too. The map in the back ground and Destruction is coming just screams tour dates.
The problem with that is Universal Music owns the domain. They have nothing to do with GN'R's touring business.

Ali
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #101 on: May 02, 2018, 12:16:30 PM »

T  O  O  L  for example released a 21st Anniversary edition of their Opiate EP instead of a 20th.

I imagine that?s because 21 is in the Fibonacci sequence.

GNR were, for the first time in a long time, super busy last year. I couldn?t imagine doing that tour and having the bandwidth to oversee an anniversary release of their seminal album.

Nice catch Wink

But surely Guns' have enough management/record company execs/PR people to handle an anniversary edition of an album without it increasing their workload too drastically while touring Undecided

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #102 on: May 02, 2018, 12:38:42 PM »

I think it has been re recorded as well. The snare does not sound like Stevens. It's more deeper like Franks.  Also Axl sounds like he did with ACDC

It really does- the more I hear it, the more I think this. If that's the case, its going to wind up certain elements of the fanbase no end!

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #103 on: May 02, 2018, 12:49:33 PM »

My own personal feeling on what this is is with the posters is acknowledging the original 5. Under the assumption that this is for some kind of AFD box set it with the recording of SOYL I think it might be a rerecording of the current  line up Axl, Slash, Duff, Richard and Frank but I guess we will find out soon enough.
Slashrose
Rocker

Twitter - @sonicmonstersk8

« Reply #104 on: May 02, 2018, 12:53:06 PM »

Axl finally woke up, a band like Guns can not be without pitching anything for long, the return of Slash and Duff made the band big again.
Slashrose
Rocker

« Reply #105 on: May 02, 2018, 12:59:27 PM »

My own personal feeling on what this is is with the posters is acknowledging the original 5. Under the assumption that this is for some kind of AFD box set it with the recording of SOYL I think it might be a rerecording of the current  line up Axl, Slash, Duff, Richard and Frank but I guess we will find out soon enough.

The band is like a company, they leave and enter employees, it is absolutely normal if they re-recorded all the old material and make them available in a better quality, that does not detract from the old band, Matt Sorum took all the drum tracks played by Steven during the sessions of the UYI, and the merit was all for Matt Sorum, but there is the soul of Steven Adler, after all many songs included in the UYI were AFD phase
Slashrose
Rocker

« Reply #106 on: May 02, 2018, 01:02:39 PM »

I think it has been re recorded as well. The snare does not sound like Stevens. It's more deeper like Franks.  Also Axl sounds like he did with ACDC

It really does- the more I hear it, the more I think this. If that's the case, its going to wind up certain elements of the fanbase no end!

I'm curious to hear rarities like Ain't Goin Down, Indiana Ain't My Kinda Town. Shadow Of Your Love, It Tastes Good, Don't It
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #107 on: May 02, 2018, 01:06:22 PM »

The band is like a company, they leave and enter employees, it is absolutely normal if they re-recorded all the old material and make them available in a better quality, that does not detract from the old band, Matt Sorum took all the drum tracks played by Steven during the sessions of the UYI, and the merit was all for Matt Sorum, but there is the soul of Steven Adler, after all many songs included in the UYI were AFD phase

Bearing that in mind.....could we be looking at a re-working of the entire album, featuring the current lineup? I think that's unlikely myself, but it's an interesting thought.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Slashrose
Rocker

« Reply #108 on: May 02, 2018, 01:10:14 PM »

Bearing that in mind.....could we be looking at a re-working of the entire album, featuring the current lineup? I think that's unlikely myself, but it's an interesting thought.

I do not think they re-recorded the whole album, maybe we have precepted thoughts, maybe we will only have Shadow of Your Love, but there are a lot of unpublished songs from the AFD era, that's incredible

I Want a studio version from this song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKYZtN8LtqI

sworrm
Rocker

« Reply #109 on: May 02, 2018, 04:10:26 PM »

Appetite for destruction 2 . That would be mega but impossible to live up to .
Personally I?m only interested in new music , not remix?s or remasters etc
ice road trucker
VIP

« Reply #110 on: May 02, 2018, 04:30:23 PM »

i usually say nothing here about gnr and what goes on ect but i think

GUNS N ROSES AS A WHOLE

should stop raping the public for years on the old music remastering rehashing shoving down out throats the old shuff

they need to get off there ass's and release new stuff

they are loosing more fans than gaining
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #111 on: May 02, 2018, 04:37:40 PM »

GUNS N ROSES AS A WHOLE

should stop raping the public for years on the old music remastering rehashing shoving down out throats the old shuff

Hardly. GN'R is as popular as ever.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #112 on: May 02, 2018, 04:48:22 PM »

GUNS N ROSES AS A WHOLE

Maybe best to keep your usual stance of saying nothing about gnr then.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #113 on: May 02, 2018, 05:26:57 PM »

GUNS N ROSES AS A WHOLE

Having one of the biggest rock tours in recent years now equals losing fans?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Guns N' Roses hasn't released anything since the Appetite For Democracy concert disc in 2014. Where are all the remastered rehashed releases you talk of?

They don't need to do anything. Maybe you should feel less entitled and you might be able to enjoy things, instead of ranting about a situation you have zero control over... Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Mike McKagan
Rocker

I'm a small town white boy...

« Reply #114 on: May 02, 2018, 05:27:53 PM »

I have no special knowledge of any of this, but I think we've maybe overlooked the .fm top-level domain, which is not only the one dedicated to the Federated States of Micronesia, but also one that, according to Wikipedia anyway, "is popular for FM radio stations and streaming audio websites." Could it be a box set or a tour announcement? Sure, but I find it strange that it would use the .fm domain. Of course, I don't know any more about such things than what I just learned on Wikipedia, so take this with a boulder-sized grain of salt.  peace

VR--Nashville, TN--10/16/2004
GN'R--Portland, OR--12/11/2006
GN'R--Rosemont, IL--11/15/2011
GN'R--Nashville, TN--07/09/2016
GN'R--Saint Louis, MO--09/09/2023
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #115 on: May 02, 2018, 05:29:45 PM »

I have no special knowledge of any of this, but I think we've maybe overlooked the .fm top-level domain, which is not only the one dedicated to the Federated States of Micronesia, but also one that, according to Wikipedia anyway, "is popular for FM radio stations and streaming audio websites." Could it be a box set or a tour announcement? Sure, but I find it strange that it would use the .fm domain. Of course, I don't know any more about such things than what I just learned on Wikipedia, so take this with a boulder-sized grain of salt.  peace

Maybe a combination?

They could be using the domain now to announce a box set, then continue to use it for some sort of streaming thing.

Sweetness is a virtue
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #116 on: May 02, 2018, 06:00:59 PM »

I hope they release it as something downloadable too as not many people nowadays have cd/record players etc.

I don't think that's true - you'd be hard pushed to find a big music fan that doesn't have some sort of audio equipment!

If it's a boxset it will be made to be just that - an exclusive and desirable item aimed at big fans, who will pay a premium for it. You might get a lesser version of downloadable content, but reissues are largely aimed at those big fans who want physical product.

My game consoles double as pretty much any disc based physical media players. And we have a turntable for vinyl. I highly doubt there are many people that have zero devices capable of playing a CD.....they moght not be cd players, but.....

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Journeyman
VIP

Not like you, unlike me...

« Reply #117 on: May 02, 2018, 07:38:58 PM »

Of course I would prefer that this clock ticking would end with the announcement of a new album. But a box set of AFD would be pretty sweet. And to be honest, any news, is good news  peace

2/7/92 -  Alvalade, Portugal
27/5/06 - RIR, Portugal
30/7/06 - Wembley Arena, London
6/10/10 - Meo Arena, Portugal
7/5/16 - AXL/DC Algés, Portugal
2/6/17 - Algés, Portugal
5/6/22 - Algés, Portug
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #118 on: May 02, 2018, 07:44:35 PM »

Sweetness is a virtue
Slashrose
Rocker

« Reply #119 on: May 02, 2018, 08:32:45 PM »

HOLY SHIT   Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Share  Facebook Twitter Pinterest
Pre-order  $179.98
Pre-order Price Guarantee.
Qty:
This title will be released on June 29, 2018.
Pre-order now.
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.
Pre-order: Add to Cart
Turn on 1-Click ordering for this browser
This item ships to Brazil. Learn more
Select delivery location
Add to List
 Appetite For Destruction [Super Deluxe Edition]
Click image to open expanded view

Appetite For Destruction
Deluxe Edition, Super Deluxe Edition
Guns N' Roses (Artist)  Format: Audio CD
See all formats and editions
Audio CD
$179.98
1 New from $179.98

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CPDVQYW/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1525307284&sr=1-1

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: