Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 12:53:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227847 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Destruction is coming - Appetite For Destruction deluxe editions out June 29th
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Destruction is coming - Appetite For Destruction deluxe editions out June 29th  (Read 141690 times)
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #180 on: May 03, 2018, 09:47:14 AM »

give us the main course Fernando. Not the crumbs, please!

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #181 on: May 03, 2018, 09:55:41 AM »

What is the main course?

Ali
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #182 on: May 03, 2018, 09:56:40 AM »

What is the main course?

Ali

The General, Jackie Chan, Soul Monster, Atlas Shrugged, Checkmate etc etc etc etc

edit* good to see you Ali, it's been a while!

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #183 on: May 03, 2018, 10:12:34 AM »

The only thing I want out of all that stuff is the cds. I hope they release something that focuses exclusively on the music. Else I have to pass.

I've seen enough.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #184 on: May 03, 2018, 10:21:11 AM »

https://youtu.be/CpVrCQv3m7c

Looks like a good deal to me.  Pre-ordered it right away

This link isn't working for me anymore. Sad

Working for anyone else?

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Zak Alexander
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #185 on: May 03, 2018, 10:23:42 AM »

The only thing I want out of all that stuff is the cds. I hope they release something that focuses exclusively on the music. Else I have to pass.

are you not interested in the blue ray or everything else? i'm torn because the collectable stuff looks amazing but if the price is true then it's a bit shit, very expensive.

do you think a full remastered appetite will be a part of the cd's with new vocals etc?
Zak Alexander
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #186 on: May 03, 2018, 10:24:52 AM »

https://youtu.be/CpVrCQv3m7c

Looks like a good deal to me.  Pre-ordered it right away

This link isn't working for me anymore. Sad

Working for anyone else?

taken it down by the looks of it
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #187 on: May 03, 2018, 10:29:54 AM »

are you not interested in the blue ray or everything else? i'm torn because the collectable stuff looks amazing but if the price is true then it's a bit shit, very expensive.

do you think a full remastered appetite will be a part of the cd's with new vocals etc?

I think the Bluray might be just audio of Appetite. That's fairly standard in boxsets now.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Zak Alexander
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #188 on: May 03, 2018, 10:32:29 AM »

I think the Bluray might be just audio of Appetite. That's fairly standard in boxsets now.

such a waste of blueray if it's just audio!
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #189 on: May 03, 2018, 10:34:48 AM »

such a waste of blueray if it's just audio!

5.1 surround mix I think. Of no use of course unless you have full surround sound speakers setup!

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #190 on: May 03, 2018, 10:40:15 AM »

If they offer just the music in CD or digital format for, say, 30?40 bucks, I'll buy it. I'll probably pass, though, on the three-digit price point for a box full of (admittedly cool) trinkets.

Regardless, anything that puts GN'R on marquees and billboards is a net positive in my book!

That' my hope too really. Or that the prices are wrong of course!

I would totally pay 180 for all that stuff.

There  is no way the price for all that stuff is 180.

I would not pay 650 for all that stuff, and I think 180 might be a bit steep for JUST music.

We'll see.  I've snagged my preorder for the 180 sku and will keep/cancel as we get more info. Smiley

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Nikki_Sixx
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #191 on: May 03, 2018, 10:42:00 AM »

According to a poster on the MYGNRFORUM?S the 1986 Sound City recordings feature the following songs

Out Ta Get Me (take 1) [unreleased]
Rocket Queen (take 1) [unreleased]
Rocket Queen (take 2) [unreleased]
Nightrain [unreleased]
My Michelle [unreleased]
You?re Fuckin? Crazy [unreleased]
Paradise City [unreleased]
Move To The City (take 1) [unreleased]
Move To The City (take 2) [unreleased]
November Rain (acoustic) [unreleased]
November Rain (piano) [unreleased]
Shadow Of Your Love [unreleased]
Reckless Life [unreleased]
Think About You [unreleased]
Welcome To The Jungle [unreleased]
Don?t Cry [unreleased]
Nice Boys (take 3) [unreleased]
Back Off Bitch [unreleased]
Anything Goes [unreleased]
Mama Kin [unreleased]
Heartbreak Hotel (take 2) [unreleased]
Ain?t Goin? Down (no lyrics) [unreleased]
Jumpin? Jack Flash (take 2) [unreleased]
Jumpin? Jack Flash (acoustic) [unreleased]
Move To The City (acoustic) [unreleased]
Untitled Song In Progress [unreleased]
You?re Crazy (acoustic) [unreleased]
The Plague [unreleased]
Cornshucker Stomp [unreleased]

Incorrect.

They just took the list of total tracks recorded at Sound City from Marc Canter's book.  Roll Eyes

[Axl] Arnhem '01 (cancelled) - Pukkelpop '02 - Graspop '06 - Nijmegen '06 (+ Izzy) - Paris '10 - Antwerp '10 - Lille '10 - Rotterdam '12 - Paris '12 - Graspop '12 [Axl/Dc] Werchter '16
Nikki_Sixx
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #192 on: May 03, 2018, 10:43:58 AM »

What is the main course?

Ali

The General, Jackie Chan, Soul Monster, Atlas Shrugged, Checkmate etc etc etc etc

What do you mean ?  It's an AFD deluxe boxset for god's sake ... Those are not even GNR songs !

[Axl] Arnhem '01 (cancelled) - Pukkelpop '02 - Graspop '06 - Nijmegen '06 (+ Izzy) - Paris '10 - Antwerp '10 - Lille '10 - Rotterdam '12 - Paris '12 - Graspop '12 [Axl/Dc] Werchter '16
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #193 on: May 03, 2018, 10:48:33 AM »

If they offer just the music in CD or digital format for, say, 30?40 bucks, I'll buy it. I'll probably pass, though, on the three-digit price point for a box full of (admittedly cool) trinkets.

Regardless, anything that puts GN'R on marquees and billboards is a net positive in my book!

That' my hope too really. Or that the prices are wrong of course!

I would totally pay 180 for all that stuff.

There  is no way the price for all that stuff is 180.

I would not pay 650 for all that stuff, and I think 180 might be a bit steep for JUST music.

We'll see.  I've snagged my preorder for the 180 sku and will keep/cancel as we get more info. Smiley

I think that sums it up for a lot of people. The huge marketing campaign for something that is only of relatively niche interest (with that niche also being pared down by the apparent pricing) seems a little strange to me. Not that many people buy boxsets - so spending so much on advertising one suggests there might be more to all this.

siraddam
Headliner

« Reply #194 on: May 03, 2018, 12:12:16 PM »

Have they spent so much on advertising though? It's been a clever campaign, but I bet it didn't cost too much. A lot of people will buy this package to coincide with the tour.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #195 on: May 03, 2018, 12:16:07 PM »

Have they spent so much on advertising though? It's been a clever campaign, but I bet it didn't cost too much. A lot of people will buy this package to coincide with the tour.

Posters all over the world? I'd say so. That's a lot of local printing/distribution advertising companies you have to hire.

Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #196 on: May 03, 2018, 01:49:33 PM »

I wish they included a mini documentary of the AFD album recordings, etc and a live remastered show on video but still the boxset looks great!  beer
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #197 on: May 03, 2018, 02:13:44 PM »

I wish they included a mini documentary of the AFD album recordings, etc and a live remastered show on video but still the boxset looks great!  beer

Just a thought I had, maybe they could use the gnr.fm domain in the future for digital sales of shows. Not only from the Appetite era, but from every tour.

Lossless, proper mixed and mastered shows would be awesome. Mainly for the hardcore fans yes, but GN'R has quite a few of them.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #198 on: May 03, 2018, 02:23:26 PM »

Just a thought I had, maybe they could use the gnr.fm domain in the future for digital sales of shows. Not only from the Appetite era, but from every tour.

Lossless, proper mixed and mastered shows would be awesome. Mainly for the hardcore fans yes, but GN'R has quite a few of them.

that would be awesome, hope they use that fm website for bootlegs!!
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #199 on: May 03, 2018, 02:44:07 PM »

good for you.

I hate nostalgia.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: