Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 03:44:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227847 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Destruction is coming - Appetite For Destruction deluxe editions out June 29th
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Destruction is coming - Appetite For Destruction deluxe editions out June 29th  (Read 141693 times)
Mkyb
Opening Act

« Reply #260 on: May 04, 2018, 08:26:58 AM »

Could any super nice person in the know, provide me with super accurate dimensions of the super-deluxe box / cabinet? Ideally to nearest mm?  smoking

Probably too much to ask for the accurate position & dimensions of the rubber feet too?

I'm producing a bespoke plinth / cabinet to stand it on. I know this is a total waste of money, but I'm looking at it as a piece of art rather than your usual box set. I'd really like to get this done before it arrives, for some ridiculous Indiana Jones / Raiders intro re-enactment.

I really hope the larger prints aren't folded - does anyone know how these will be presented?

I've never really found a massive need to post on forums, but I do keep up on this site and want to put a massive thanks to the creators, moderators and all who've provided so much entertainment over the years!!

Peace  ok
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #261 on: May 04, 2018, 08:55:37 AM »

Could any super nice person in the know, provide me with super accurate dimensions of the super-deluxe box / cabinet? Ideally to nearest mm?  smoking

Probably too much to ask for the accurate position & dimensions of the rubber feet too?

I'm producing a bespoke plinth / cabinet to stand it on. I know this is a total waste of money, but I'm looking at it as a piece of art rather than your usual box set. I'd really like to get this done before it arrives, for some ridiculous Indiana Jones / Raiders intro re-enactment.

I really hope the larger prints aren't folded - does anyone know how these will be presented?

I've never really found a massive need to post on forums, but I do keep up on this site and want to put a massive thanks to the creators, moderators and all who've provided so much entertainment over the years!!

Peace  ok

I can't get you exact dimensions.

I can give you rough estimates. 

Standard vinyl album cover is about 12.4 inches square.  Looking at the unboxing video, they fit snugly on the right side, with a tiny bit of clearance at the top (I'm guessing about .1 inches). 

The box looks to be square, with either 1/8 or 1/4 inch panels (it's hard to tell).  I'm going to guess it's 1/4 inch, because that would essentially make the box 13x13x13 which seems reasonable.   

The rubber feet look to be about a 1/4 of an inch high, and are probably around 1 inch in diameter (that's pretty standard), and the edges of the feet are set about 1/4 inch off the edges of the box at each corner.

But those are TOTAL guesses.  The general dimensions I feel pretty confident on, based on what we can see in the unboxing video.  The feet stuff is total guess work.

Edit: Those "doors" look like they may add more thickness than I thought (probably so the drawers can be accommodated).  But that would mean it's not square, but rectangular, slightly? Or the LP sleeves are not standard sized? So maybe it's 13 inches high, 14 inches deep (with padding in the back on the LP side?), and 14 inches across?  The "across" dimension is the tough one, because we have nothing in the unboxing that gives us a real frame of reference.

Huh...this is tougher than it should be. Definitely a GnR product. Wink

« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 09:24:08 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
johnreed3344
Rocker

« Reply #262 on: May 04, 2018, 09:14:29 AM »

SOYL sounds fucking awesome  ok

12/5/02
5/17/06
11/5/06
11/17/11
11/26/11
2/10/12
2/24/12
6/8/13
4/8/16
4/16/16
7/14/16
7/23/16
10/11/17
10/12/17
10/15/17
10/16/17
7/1/18
10/1/19
8/5/21
8/11/23
8/15/23 NE
wakeup
Headliner

« Reply #263 on: May 04, 2018, 09:20:46 AM »

On the remastering what do they mean by first album remastered from original analog recording?  Do they mean their first album or the first album to remastered that way?  
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #264 on: May 04, 2018, 09:38:41 AM »

Whats funny is: This is pretty much exactly what I thought they'd do with the 30th Anniversary, but with a new track thrown in from this lineup.

They're just a year late. Wink

Together again,
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #265 on: May 04, 2018, 09:46:04 AM »

I'm still amazed we haven't seen a NITL live album/dvd.

I think that would actually have been greeted more positively by a lot of people.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #266 on: May 04, 2018, 09:53:32 AM »

I transcribed this from the lyric video:

Took my chances carelessly
I said I choked on my own cigarette
You can hand me another bottle of whiskey, baby
But you haven't seen the worst yet

Now I'm reckless, gonna have some fun
I had a woman who had said it was all alright
Now I'm back the only one

And I ain't standing, never standing in the
Shadow of your love
Shadow of your love
Shadow of your love
Shadow of your love, oh no

Stole my changes helplessly
I said yeah, but I got no regrets
Money it was on the table
So I booked with all the bets
Living like your livin' ain't so hot
You ain't my idea, of a high-rollin' shot

So I ain't standing,
I'm never standin' in the
Shadow of your love
Shadow of your love
Shadow of your love

High price calling hangin' over your head
I hope you're heard, baby all I've said
You've gone cold,  or even misread
No use crying, you're as good as dead

Now I'm reckless, gonna have some fun
I had a woman who had said it was all alright
Now I'm back the only one

And I ain't standing,
never standing in the
Shadow of your love
Shadow of your love
Shadow of your love
Shadow of your love
Shadow of your love
Shadow of your love
Shadow of your love
Shadow of your love
Shadow, shadow, sha...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #267 on: May 04, 2018, 09:55:02 AM »

IMO, Shadow of your Love sounds great. But I definately can hear difference from the regular AFD tracks we all have. Hopefully the remastered album will sound consistent througout.

Does anybody knows which way is the best to get for an Android smartphone? (its a Samsung Galaxy S8, if that makes any difference) I mean, sound quality wise. Spotify works while working out or taking the subway, but I would love to get a losless version to listen to while Im at home with a good pair of headphones.  

On the remastering what do they mean by first album remastered from original analog recording?  Do they mean their first album or the first album to remastered that way?  
Both, I guess.

GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #268 on: May 04, 2018, 09:58:25 AM »

For anyone complaining about the prices on these things which I can understand the reality is people are going to buy these even the $1000 or whatever packages their are because their are people out their with money who like to have collectibles. So in the end you can either get on board and buy the music this is going to be a big seller for GNR regardless.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #269 on: May 04, 2018, 10:04:47 AM »

IMO, Shadow of your Love sounds great. But I definately can hear difference from the regular AFD tracks we all have. Hopefully the remastered album will sound consistent througout.

Does anybody knows which way is the best to get for an Android smartphone? (its a Samsung Galaxy S8, if that makes any difference) I mean, sound quality wise. Spotify works while working out or taking the subway, but I would love to get a losless version to listen to while Im at home with a good pair of headphones.  

For pure digital, grab the MP3 version and store them on your phone. You can get them from amazon (I posted a link earlier in the thread).  They're gonna take some space, though....probably about 3 GB or so (700mb per CD-ish plus a little bit)  I'm not sure if the S8 will play flaccs, but if they do, you could grab the CD and rip your own less lossy versions.

Streaming, of all types, are going to introduce compression and loss.  If you're looking for fidelity, they're all about the same....which is to say "Not ideal".

Together again,
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #270 on: May 04, 2018, 10:06:47 AM »

For anyone complaining about the prices on these things which I can understand the reality is people are going to buy these even the $1000 or whatever packages their are because their are people out their with money who like to have collectibles. So in the end you can either get on board and buy the music this is going to be a big seller for GNR regardless.

So you're saying because some people can afford it, we all should? Hmmm.....disagree there I'm afraid.

I'm a firm believer in buying physical music items and supporting bands, so it's a bit galling to be priced out, when I didn't need to be. I'm one example of a sale they've probably lost, and I bet there are a lot more like me.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #271 on: May 04, 2018, 10:13:22 AM »

So you're saying because some people can afford it, we all should? Hmmm.....disagree there I'm afraid.

I'm a firm believer in buying physical music items and supporting bands, so it's a bit galling to be priced out, when I didn't need to be. I'm one example of a sale they've probably lost, and I bet there are a lot more like me.

I think what GNR4LifeJD is saying is "The market rules".

I know it's frustrating to be priced out...I get it.  It's a bummer. And I hate to see fans who WANT a product not be able to GET that product because they see the pricing/value as out of whack.  And I totally get the feeling it's "not fair". I've been there.

But what GNR4LifeJD is saying is: We might not like the pricing, we may wish it were less expensive, but people will buy these in enough numbers that they'll sell out.  So "losing your sale", really......not to be glib, but...it doesn't matter.  Someone else will take "your" place in line and they will still all be bought and paid for.

And yes: That's a little harsh, but....

We'll see if that's true. 1K is steep. 10K units isn't a tiny number.  We'll see if they can get the all out the door or not. The good news is: If they don't, we'll see discounts on the GnR store til they hit a price point where the market buys up the rest.

I think the 180 package will do brisk business, and probably "sell out" (I know they're not saying it's a limited edition, but I think it functionally is).

« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 10:17:22 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
wakeup
Headliner

« Reply #272 on: May 04, 2018, 10:16:51 AM »

Had to dig in Apple Music to find SOYL. It?s updated in the GNR essentials.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #273 on: May 04, 2018, 10:30:48 AM »

For pure digital, grab the MP3 version and store them on your phone. You can get them from amazon (I posted a link earlier in the thread).  They're gonna take some space, though....probably about 3 GB or so (700mb per CD-ish plus a little bit)  I'm not sure if the S8 will play flaccs, but if they do, you could grab the CD and rip your own less lossy versions.

Streaming, of all types, are going to introduce compression and loss.  If you're looking for fidelity, they're all about the same....which is to say "Not ideal".
Thanks, that's what I wanted to know. I'll probably buy the Amazon version then. The only way I can play the CD here is on my ps4, lol. 3 GB is fine, I dont have that many stuff stored on my device anyways.

Found out that my phone can play 32 bit/384kHz audio files. From what I know, the VLC Android app can also play FLAC. Smiley

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #274 on: May 04, 2018, 10:32:40 AM »

Found out that my phone can play 32 bit/384kHz audio files. From what I know, the VLC Android app can also play FLAC. Smiley

Correct.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #275 on: May 04, 2018, 10:37:33 AM »

I know it's frustrating to be priced out...I get it.  It's a bummer. And I hate to see fans who WANT a product not be able to GET that product because they see the pricing/value as out of whack.  And I totally get the feeling it's "not fair". I've been there.

But what GNR4LifeJD is saying is: We might not like the pricing, we may wish it were less expensive, but people will buy these in enough numbers that they'll sell out.  So "losing your sale", really......not to be glib, but...it doesn't matter.  Someone else will take "your" place in line and they will still all be bought and paid for.

We'll see if that's true. 1K is steep. 10K units isn't a tiny number.  We'll see if they can get the all out the door or not. The good news is: If they don't, we'll see discounts on the GnR store til they hit a price point where the market buys up the rest.

I think the 180 package will do brisk business, and probably "sell out" (I know they're not saying it's a limited edition, but I think it functionally is).

Yeah, I mean business is business and all that.......but it's a shame things have to be this way in the music industry today. Good luck to those who can afford to pay these prices, but it's a shame they might not be the biggest fans, but those with the most money. I'm one of the 'sleeping rough overnight to see the band live in far off locations' type people, throughout their career, and I think we're the sort of people that modern industry practices doesn't value at all, when in fact it's our enthusiasm through thick and thin that keeps a lot of bands going.

You're right though - it'll sell, among a certain type of people.

crthiel
Headliner

Hello Time bomb

« Reply #276 on: May 04, 2018, 10:49:57 AM »

It's a damn shame that gnr doesn't offer a version of just vinyls or just the blu ray. I personally don't care about lithographs and jewelry and shit. I'd even take just that USB stick with the lossless files. Instead they locked it all behind a thousand dollar pay wall.

Even the super deluxe is just cd's. I haven't played a cd in like 5 years.

I'm pretty disappointed overall.

If they sold a version of just the vinyls (not even those seven singles), blu ray and USB stick without all the bells and whistles they could get 300 bucks out of me.

And as far as saying "this'll sell", they limited it to 10,000 copies so they already capped their sales. They're missing out on releasing a version of just the vinyl.
kupirock
Somewhat Damaged
Legend

« Reply #277 on: May 04, 2018, 11:09:47 AM »

I'm still amazed we haven't seen a NITL live album/dvd.

I think that would actually have been greeted more positively by a lot of people.

Really hope that we?ll see that sooner or later.

"Hearing Don't Cry isn't all that exciting considering there are many youtube clips available of it being performed live." -from mygnr.com-
Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #278 on: May 04, 2018, 11:13:21 AM »

If they were selling the big box for $25 I still wouldn?t want it. Where does a normal person even store that kind of stuff? I?m just not into random niknaks at all. I don?t even feel like reading through the list of items. Totally irrelevant to me. The music is the only thing with significance.

I've seen enough.
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #279 on: May 04, 2018, 11:58:41 AM »

The problem is that the market isn't Universal, GNR, or GNR's management. The market is the fan, casuals, and possibly collectors.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: