Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 05:49:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227847 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Destruction is coming - Appetite For Destruction deluxe editions out June 29th
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Destruction is coming - Appetite For Destruction deluxe editions out June 29th  (Read 141696 times)
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #280 on: May 04, 2018, 12:05:27 PM »

You can get all the audio on digital for $25.

Ali

draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #281 on: May 04, 2018, 12:09:07 PM »

Just as a comparison, U2 will release the 30th anniversary box set of the Joshua Tree. Super Deluxe set is priced at $170. This is just a bit disappointing.  https://u2.fanfire.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Store.woa/wa/product?sourceCode=U2TWEBWWUSD&sku=U2T71595
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #282 on: May 04, 2018, 12:56:47 PM »

Do we know if Amazon will be selling the $999 version, or will that only be available through Guns' website?

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
troccoli
VIP

Please allow me to introduce myself

« Reply #283 on: May 04, 2018, 01:04:02 PM »

I transcribed this from the lyric video:

Took my chances carelessly
I said I choked on my own cigarette
You can hand me another bottle of whiskey, baby
But you haven't seen the worst yet

Now I'm reckless, gonna have some fun
I had a woman who had said it was all alright
Now I'm back the only one

And I ain't standing, never standing in the
Shadow of your love
Shadow of your love
Shadow of your love
Shadow of your love, oh no

Stole my changes helplessly
I said yeah, but I got no regrets
Money it was on the table
So I booked with all the bets
Living like your livin' ain't so hot
You ain't my idea, of a high-rollin' shot

So I ain't standing,
I'm never standin' in the
Shadow of your love
Shadow of your love
Shadow of your love

High price calling hangin' over your head
I hope you're heard, baby all I've said
You've gone cold,  or even misread
No use crying, you're as good as dead

Now I'm reckless, gonna have some fun
I had a woman who had said it was all alright
Now I'm back the only one

And I ain't standing,
never standing in the
Shadow of your love
Shadow of your love
Shadow of your love
Shadow of your love
Shadow of your love
Shadow of your love
Shadow of your love
Shadow of your love
Shadow, shadow, sha...

/jarmo

Thanks Jarmo!

All I need is some clarity and someone to tell me WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON!!!! GOD DAMN IT!!!!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #284 on: May 04, 2018, 01:19:35 PM »

Thanks Jarmo!

No worries! Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #285 on: May 04, 2018, 01:26:49 PM »

Ali

Exactly, and thats a great deal.  I see people shitting on the $1,000 dollar box, but the band did provide a bunch of affordable options here.  As far as the price of the box, I agree, ridiculously overpriced.  Nothing in that box is original, its all reprints, CD's(i can't believe they still make those) and brand new vinyls pressed in 2018.  It would be once thing if the vinyl singles were original from the 1980's or some of the flyers or tickets were original but they are essentially worth the paper they are printed on monetarily speaking.  I'm not ripping on it, it is a beautifully made box set,  I am just questioning the $1,000 dollar price tag. It seems to be loaded with knick knacks which hold zero value to someone like me, but I could see people being into that.  The cool thing is the band gave us a bunch of options, and if the music is all that matters to you, which seems to be the prevailing theme in a lot of posts I've read, you will be able to access that for a bargain price IMO.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #286 on: May 04, 2018, 01:56:18 PM »

Its a shame in a sense, that they didnt leave the Wake up time to die bit on shadow of your love. I used to put it as an alarm clock.  hihi

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Vitor_Icewall
Headliner

Chinese Democracy!!

« Reply #287 on: May 04, 2018, 02:39:30 PM »

Shadow of Your Love is amazing! Did the band work on this or it?s just a demo remastered? Axl?s voice sounds differently than I remember from the demo that I heard. Great job anyway! Love it!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 02:55:05 PM by Vitor_Icewall » Logged

Chinese Democracy

Cause it would take a lot more hate than you
To end the fascination
Even with your iron fist
More than you got to rule the nation
When I all I've got is precious time
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #288 on: May 04, 2018, 02:49:10 PM »

Its a shame in a sense, that they didnt leave the Wake up time to die bit on shadow of your love. I used to put it as an alarm clock.  hihi

Is it the same version?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #289 on: May 04, 2018, 03:17:11 PM »

Ali

Exactly, and thats a great deal.  I see people shitting on the $1,000 dollar box, but the band did provide a bunch of affordable options here.  As far as the price of the box, I agree, ridiculously overpriced.  Nothing in that box is original, its all reprints, CD's(i can't believe they still make those) and brand new vinyls pressed in 2018.  It would be once thing if the vinyl singles were original from the 1980's or some of the flyers or tickets were original but they are essentially worth the paper they are printed on monetarily speaking.  I'm not ripping on it, it is a beautifully made box set,  I am just questioning the $1,000 dollar price tag. It seems to be loaded with knick knacks which hold zero value to someone like me, but I could see people being into that.  The cool thing is the band gave us a bunch of options, and if the music is all that matters to you, which seems to be the prevailing theme in a lot of posts I've read, you will be able to access that for a bargain price IMO.

The biggest thing I see from this is that they missed out on a great opportunity to engage with the fans by releasing at least one new song with the current lineup or something in the vault. As a band, they will not be around for a year or two. The digitals are not that bad in cost, but it's already been heard.  I was excited to hear about "Plague" but that's only 54 seconds.  I just think this was a missed opportunity.
troccoli
VIP

Please allow me to introduce myself

« Reply #290 on: May 04, 2018, 05:07:01 PM »

For everyone that's curious, this version of Shadow of Your Love is from a November 1986 one song session they did with Mike Clink as a trial to see if they wanted to hire him.  The Dec 86 description on the website is a bit of a misprint
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 05:14:11 PM by troccoli » Logged

All I need is some clarity and someone to tell me WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON!!!! GOD DAMN IT!!!!
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #291 on: May 04, 2018, 05:10:19 PM »

Where's "One in a million"?  Grin Tongue Cry Wink

Let me google it for you Roll Eyes

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/politically-incorrect

It would've been cool if they tried but the shitstorm would've been so amazing and they, of course, know it.

Oh please. Axl was, what, 26 when he wrote that? Clearly, based on his opinions of Trump, he has grown up in the past 30 years...
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 05:12:10 PM by PermissionToLand » Logged

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #292 on: May 04, 2018, 05:20:07 PM »

I?ve had Shadow of Your Love on the LALD maxi single, an official Geffen release, for 25 years. When they say previously unreleased, is this a different version from that one? Love the song btw. One of those whole package songs where they are all totally locked in.

I've seen enough.
ice road trucker
VIP

« Reply #293 on: May 04, 2018, 05:44:24 PM »

u can find alot of these demos on the 2 box sets the story vol 1,2
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #294 on: May 04, 2018, 05:53:11 PM »

Is it the same version?

/jarmo

no, there's some extra back up vocals.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
siraddam
Headliner

« Reply #295 on: May 04, 2018, 06:06:14 PM »

SOYL sounds really cool and I like the video. I really wish they could have just developed one song like 'the plague' or re-recorded 'crash diet'. I think it would have been very possible to do. There's nothing recent there to reflect the current band's position.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #296 on: May 04, 2018, 06:28:22 PM »

Is it the same version?

/jarmo

The "Wake up, time to die" version will be in the box set, on the "B-Sides n' EPs" disc.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
aaronjcurtis
Headliner

« Reply #297 on: May 04, 2018, 06:44:35 PM »

The $1000 boxset is clearly a POS. I was laughing when I saw the junk they put in it. I?m looking forward to hearing the album remastered and that?s about it. The rest, meh. Hope it all shows up on Tidal so I can stream it at CD quality before making a decision on purchasing the LPs or 24bit files.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #298 on: May 04, 2018, 06:50:32 PM »

Is it the same version?

/jarmo

The "Wake up, time to die" version will be in the box set, on the "B-Sides n' EPs" disc.

Yeah. That was my point. They didn't leave something, that probably wasn't there, out.  hihi

/jarmo

gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #299 on: May 04, 2018, 07:10:33 PM »

Troubador show would've been good to have been thrown in with this. First official release with 3/5 of the Appetite band, would be very fitting as that was the first show of the return of this band.

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: