Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 01:30:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227847 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Destruction is coming - Appetite For Destruction deluxe editions out June 29th
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Destruction is coming - Appetite For Destruction deluxe editions out June 29th  (Read 141691 times)
axlroses
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #300 on: May 04, 2018, 07:20:27 PM »

Maybe if they are free and clear of the record company after this release they will release the Troubador or other live material for NITL
(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #301 on: May 04, 2018, 07:23:34 PM »

Where's "One in a million"?  Grin Tongue Cry Wink

Let me google it for you Roll Eyes

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/politically-incorrect

It would've been cool if they tried but the shitstorm would've been so amazing and they, of course, know it.

Oh please. Axl was, what, 26 when he wrote that? Clearly, based on his opinions of Trump, he has grown up in the past 30 years...

So you think it was a personal decision and not a marketing one?
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #302 on: May 04, 2018, 07:41:09 PM »

It would've been cool if they tried but the shitstorm would've been so amazing and they, of course, know it.

Oh please. Axl was, what, 26 when he wrote that? Clearly, based on his opinions of Trump, he has grown up in the past 30 years...

probably both

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Vitor_Icewall
Headliner

Chinese Democracy!!

« Reply #303 on: May 04, 2018, 07:42:02 PM »

For everyone that's curious, this version of Shadow of Your Love is from a November 1986 one song session they did with Mike Clink as a trial to see if they wanted to hire him.  The Dec 86 description on the website is a bit of a misprint

Oh!! I didn?t know that. Thank you    peace

Chinese Democracy

Cause it would take a lot more hate than you
To end the fascination
Even with your iron fist
More than you got to rule the nation
When I all I've got is precious time
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #304 on: May 04, 2018, 08:10:20 PM »

probably both

Both. You just don't want to be involved in any of these scandals we nowadays have.
Rodolfo Sarudiansky
Opening Act

« Reply #305 on: May 04, 2018, 08:17:05 PM »

as a South American fan, wanna express my sadness cause we dont have a local seller to make this merchs a little less expensive avoiding abusive custom fees. Who r argentinian n brazilian fans in GnR world, right? WE R THE FREAKIN CRAZY CROWD!

Some concerts, but never enough......
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #306 on: May 04, 2018, 08:48:30 PM »

Troubador show would've been good to have been thrown in with this. First official release with 3/5 of the Appetite band, would be very fitting as that was the first show of the return of this band.

This is what I was hoping for.  The Locked and Loaded version is to much and I'm not interested in all the memorabilia in the Super Deluxe but I am interested in all the music that you can't get in the 2 CD set.

troccoli
VIP

Please allow me to introduce myself

« Reply #307 on: May 05, 2018, 12:36:40 AM »

You want the story well here it is:

So obviously they were looking to put old stuff (flyers, demos, pictures, etc.) on the boxset.  Why they aren?t all on there I don?t know, but I have heard hints about future releases so we will see.  No guarantees there.  They contacted a person I bought something from and that person referred them to me.  Initially it was just for that one item.  We arranged a time to talk.  On the phone I told them about my collection and had them check out my website while we were talking.  They wanted to buy the banner right off the bat but I said I wasn?t interested at this time before a price was ever even raised.  They were blown away and at that point the plans for the boxset changed a bit.  But I think they always had a certain release date they were aiming for because I only had a day to box everything I had from 1985-1989/90 and send it to them. 

Before I did that I independently verified who I was talking with on the phone, after all I am no idiot.  Still I was nervous sending all that and UPS insurance only goes so high.  But I figured what the hell.  Everything arrived safely and they got to work.  They had it for a little over a month and arranged times for management and the band to come by and check everything out.  I can say that Slash and Duff were involved, this wasn?t just Axl.  They told me my name would be in the credits, that I would be receiving x, y, and z, etc.  The person that referred them to me said I should ask them for $ for using the stuff I own.  Now I may be an asshole, but I am not a complete and total fucking asshole so no way in hell was I going to extort any band, let alone my favorite band, to use stuff that is theirs to begin with!

Everything came back in the same condition I lent it to them.  But I was nervous about the shipping once again!  And all that time I had to keep this from all of you.  It was agonizing!  If I had known the price plan ahead of time I would have done what little I could to try to help you guys out.  This is the reason I also removed the links to the demo I posted originally.  Yes, it wasn?t used in this boxset, but like I said perhaps in the future.

All I need is some clarity and someone to tell me WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON!!!! GOD DAMN IT!!!!
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #308 on: May 05, 2018, 02:18:54 AM »

I wish this band remastered crash diet, big lost opportunity.

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #309 on: May 05, 2018, 03:43:05 AM »

BWTTER (Remix)

drool

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
izzyjim
Rocker

« Reply #310 on: May 05, 2018, 04:30:54 AM »

BWTTER (Remix)

drool

Because it's a little known fact that the AFD line up has recorded it back in 1986  Roll Eyes
FreddieJames
Rocker

« Reply #311 on: May 05, 2018, 04:52:54 AM »

probably both

I think it's a huge bummer they left out One In A Million. First off, because it's my fave track off of Lies and second, because I wanted to hear it re-mastered too. And third, now it feels incomplete. Yeah, it it's politcally incorrect, but damn it's one of their most powerful songs because of its honesty.

Here's my politcally correct disclaimer: I am a 100% gay man and not at all offended by its lyrics. Like someone said, it's a 26 year old's view on the world. Censorship is fucking stupid.

Don't need your religion,
Don't watch that much T.V.,
Just making my living baby,
And that's enough for me.
sworrm
Rocker

« Reply #312 on: May 05, 2018, 04:53:03 AM »

SOYL been removed from YouTube already ?
siraddam
Headliner

« Reply #313 on: May 05, 2018, 04:53:49 AM »

I totally agree. Crash diet sounds so amazing just as a demo.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #314 on: May 05, 2018, 05:14:11 AM »

SOYL been removed from YouTube already ?

The official one? No, it?s there.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #315 on: May 05, 2018, 05:31:49 AM »

So obviously they were looking to put old stuff (flyers, demos, pictures, etc.) on the boxset.  Why they aren?t all on there I don?t know, but I have heard hints about future releases so we will see.  No guarantees there.  They contacted a person I bought something from and that person referred them to me.  Initially it was just for that one item.  We arranged a time to talk.  On the phone I told them about my collection and had them check out my website while we were talking.  They wanted to buy the banner right off the bat but I said I wasn?t interested at this time before a price was ever even raised.  They were blown away and at that point the plans for the boxset changed a bit.  But I think they always had a certain release date they were aiming for because I only had a day to box everything I had from 1985-1989/90 and send it to them. 

Before I did that I independently verified who I was talking with on the phone, after all I am no idiot.  Still I was nervous sending all that and UPS insurance only goes so high.  But I figured what the hell.  Everything arrived safely and they got to work.  They had it for a little over a month and arranged times for management and the band to come by and check everything out.  I can say that Slash and Duff were involved, this wasn?t just Axl.  They told me my name would be in the credits, that I would be receiving x, y, and z, etc.  The person that referred them to me said I should ask them for $ for using the stuff I own.  Now I may be an asshole, but I am not a complete and total fucking asshole so no way in hell was I going to extort any band, let alone my favorite band, to use stuff that is theirs to begin with!

Everything came back in the same condition I lent it to them.  But I was nervous about the shipping once again!  And all that time I had to keep this from all of you.  It was agonizing!  If I had known the price plan ahead of time I would have done what little I could to try to help you guys out.  This is the reason I also removed the links to the demo I posted originally.  Yes, it wasn?t used in this boxset, but like I said perhaps in the future.

This is awesome , thank you!  I bet they were completely amazed by your collection, you're 100% the right person to have been involved - good on you. I bet posting it all off and waiting for them was massively tense!!
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #316 on: May 05, 2018, 06:00:59 AM »

Thanks for the details! Weirdly, i did think of you when i saw the replica banner, as i knew you had the original. I was also wondering what level of input the band had into all this- I guess some, by what you were saying. Who coordinated it all? I'm assuming the record label?

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Nikki_Sixx
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #317 on: May 05, 2018, 06:19:16 AM »

Since they made the ridiculous decision NOT to include the Mystic session (and Pasha for that matter), if it weren't for you, we would've never had a gen 1 rip in fantastic quality, so I thank you sir !!!

Seems like they ripped you off though, you paid a lot of money for all your stuff, a lot of which went into their pockets, and now they're gonna earn big box on it AGAIN for free ...

Why they decided to include memorabilia over music to celebrate an album, I guess we'll never know ...

[Axl] Arnhem '01 (cancelled) - Pukkelpop '02 - Graspop '06 - Nijmegen '06 (+ Izzy) - Paris '10 - Antwerp '10 - Lille '10 - Rotterdam '12 - Paris '12 - Graspop '12 [Axl/Dc] Werchter '16
remcognr
Rocker

#remcognr

« Reply #318 on: May 05, 2018, 06:45:28 AM »

I transcribed this from the lyric video:

Took my chances carelessly
I said I choked on my own cigarette
You can hand me another bottle of whiskey, baby
But you haven't seen the worst yet

/jarmo

Thanks for this, Jarmo!!!

"There's A Lot Goin'On"

Check out my GN'R collection on insta: www.instagram.com/remcognr
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #319 on: May 05, 2018, 07:12:42 AM »

as a South American fan, wanna express my sadness cause we dont have a local seller to make this merchs a little less expensive avoiding abusive custom fees. Who r argentinian n brazilian fans in GnR world, right? WE R THE FREAKIN CRAZY CROWD!

I'm assuming it's due to the customs / import taxes.

I wouldn't be surprised if some seller will import some copies to sell, but considering how much certain imported things cost in Brazil, those prices might not make it more affordable for the fans there....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: