Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 08:40:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227910 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Stage Layout
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stage Layout  (Read 17584 times)
fieldsy
Careless whisper
VIP

Use Your Illusion

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2010, 06:15:28 AM »

Any pics of the stage as a whole?

Fspen
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2010, 11:46:34 AM »

The stage seems awesome and it's a great idea to get the band closer to the audience. I'm gonna love to be locked in like sheep in the first rows!

I hope you love standing still too, because the security (in Edmonton) was out to ruin the enthusiasm on the floor.  It was the only disappointing aspect of what was otherwise a great show.  I don't know where the orders come from, be it Axl, management, or venue, but it totally SUCKED.  I'm not pining for an all out mosh pit at a GNR concert, but a younger crowd should be able to move around like they're at a damn rock show. 

Any kind of jumping or yelling was immediately squashed by security.  Absolutely No moshing.  No crowd surfing.  And "NO CAMERAS!" too.  How fun!

One young kid in front of me, left hand side of the stage, was dragged out during Whole Lotta Rosie because he started to push his friend and jump around a little bit... they hunted him down and eventually pulled him out.

I've been to dozens of shows at this venue, with heavier acts and nastier crowds, and this is the worst I've seen security. 

For the sake of the tour, I hope they ease up.
MrMojoRa
VIP

iiii]; )'

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2010, 01:43:36 PM »

The stage seems awesome and it's a great idea to get the band closer to the audience. I'm gonna love to be locked in like sheep in the first rows!

Any kind of jumping or yelling was immediately squashed by security.  Absolutely No moshing.  No crowd surfing.  And "NO CAMERAS!" too.  How fun!

One young kid in front of me, left hand side of the stage, was dragged out during Whole Lotta Rosie because he started to push his friend and jump around a little bit... they hunted him down and eventually pulled him out.

I've been to dozens of shows at this venue, with heavier acts and nastier crowds, and this is the worst I've seen security. 

For the sake of the fans who've been following this band since it began, I hope they continue to not allow moshing or crowd surfing. The one kid who started pushing his friend probably disrupted those around him.

I don't want anybody pushing into me or moshing around me. I want to see GNR while not being subjected to people who can't express themselves other than to spaz out and beat each other up.

On the other hand, I wouldn't bother going to see any hardcore bands because of the same reason.

8-13-88 (Pine Knob, Clarkson, Mi); 6-11-91 (Hershey, Pa); 12-16-91 & 12-17-91 (Philly); 12-06-02 (Philly Riot); 5-12-06 (Hammerstein, NY); 10-10-06 (MSG, NY); 11-26-11 (Camden, NJ); 7-14-16 (Philly)
Fspen
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2010, 04:50:30 PM »

For the sake of the fans who've been following this band since it began, I hope they continue to not allow moshing or crowd surfing. The one kid who started pushing his friend probably disrupted those around him.

I don't want anybody pushing into me or moshing around me. I want to see GNR while not being subjected to people who can't express themselves other than to spaz out and beat each other up.

On the other hand, I wouldn't bother going to see any hardcore bands because of the same reason.

I know how much disruption the kid caused, as I was directly behind him... and it was minimal.  Security made a big deal of nothing, perhaps its their job and what they're instructed to do - but it still sucked the life out of the floor.  And as a fan, I'm sure you can appreciate a little thing called "atmosphere" at a rock concert... and well, this particular concert had little of it (from where I was standing).

And anyone that can't handle the environment of a GENERAL ADMISSION floor concert, be they new OR old fans, should just save themselves the trouble and find a nice comfy seat close to stage.

Why a band, management, or venue would open the floor up for general admission and then order a pissy security staff to haul kids out for jumping about is beyond me.
axljungle
Rocker

« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2010, 06:32:50 PM »

I LOVE THIS STAGE!!! THE BEST STAGE, PYRO, SCREENS, etc

THIS TOUR IS PERFECT!!

Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2010, 06:41:37 PM »

Question for those who got the first row: is the stage so high that you can't see the back of the stage? I ask this because I gor first row on Iron Maiden last year and the stage was so high that I couldn't see Nicko! People who were a few rows back would had seen the stage/band a whole better than me.  Undecided 

Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2010, 02:46:01 AM »

Is there some picture where we can see the total layout of the new stage? as far as I can see from the vid's and action pics from the past shows, the stage seems to be very cool!

Any pics of the stage as a whole?

same problems here.....couldnt really "see" the stage as a whole yet, can someone enlighten us please?

Re-Union time, baby!!
thesloth
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2010, 02:52:53 AM »

I hope you love standing still too, because the security (in Edmonton) was out to ruin the enthusiasm on the floor.  It was the only disappointing aspect of what was otherwise a great show.  I don't know where the orders come from, be it Axl, management, or venue, but it totally SUCKED.  I'm not pining for an all out mosh pit at a GNR concert, but a younger crowd should be able to move around like they're at a damn rock show. 

No idea where it the order came from but it was the same in both Regina and stoon.   Even just jumping up and down and waving the hands upset some of the security that was in the crowd.  (I do not mean moshing just jumping up and down) I have zero issue with no crowd surfing as it is dangerous I have had more then a few people land on my head.  Plus then shoes come off and get thrown onto the stage.    However in the end I still prefer GA even when we can just stand there and sway from side to side then seats
thesloth
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2010, 02:54:13 AM »

Question for those who got the first row: is the stage so high that you can't see the back of the stage? I ask this because I gor first row on Iron Maiden last year and the stage was so high that I couldn't see Nicko! People who were a few rows back would had seen the stage/band a whole better than me.  Undecided 
I was not front row but for both shows center and about 5-6 rows back and it was perfect.  Could see all 3 sides and for this show if you are going to it more then one time then maybe rail one time and a little further back the next.
helenluna
Rocker

Gimme some more!

« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2010, 03:08:08 AM »

No idea where it the order came from but it was the same in both Regina and stoon.   Even just jumping up and down and waving the hands upset some of the security that was in the crowd.  (I do not mean moshing just jumping up and down) I have zero issue with no crowd surfing as it is dangerous I have had more then a few people land on my head.  Plus then shoes come off and get thrown onto the stage.    However in the end I still prefer GA even when we can just stand there and sway from side to side then seats

Here in Brazil I'm sure we won't have these restricitions. There is NO WAY to refrain a Brazilian crowd from jumping, screaming their lungs out, moshing, and doing all kinds of crazy shit, and security knows that. They just keep an eye on violent acts, dangerous stuff, people with cameras in venues where they aren't allowed, and people trying to trespass the barriers. I've never seen security people here interfering with the way people were enjoying themselves at a rock concert!

And being unable to move in the first row is just the rule from where I come from, not because of security, but because everyone will be pushing against the barrier all the time. I do hope the stage isn't that high because I'll do my best to get front row, it's the only way to make the money I'm putting into the tickets worth it. Getting there and not being able to see a thing would suck.

MrMojoRa
VIP

iiii]; )'

« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2010, 09:34:58 AM »

I know how much disruption the kid caused, as I was directly behind him... and it was minimal.  Security made a big deal of nothing, perhaps its their job and what they're instructed to do - but it still sucked the life out of the floor.  And as a fan, I'm sure you can appreciate a little thing called "atmosphere" at a rock concert... and well, this particular concert had little of it (from where I was standing).

And anyone that can't handle the environment of a GENERAL ADMISSION floor concert, be they new OR old fans, should just save themselves the trouble and find a nice comfy seat close to stage.

Why a band, management, or venue would open the floor up for general admission and then order a pissy security staff to haul kids out for jumping about is beyond me.

Well, yes, I would not buy GA floor tickets because of my personal preference.

This just may be a Canadian thing. They are a peaceful bunch.

8-13-88 (Pine Knob, Clarkson, Mi); 6-11-91 (Hershey, Pa); 12-16-91 & 12-17-91 (Philly); 12-06-02 (Philly Riot); 5-12-06 (Hammerstein, NY); 10-10-06 (MSG, NY); 11-26-11 (Camden, NJ); 7-14-16 (Philly)
fieldsy
Careless whisper
VIP

Use Your Illusion

« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2010, 08:33:56 AM »

For those that wanted to see the stage layout 'as a whole'.  It gives the layout of the stage.

Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2010, 08:36:51 AM »

thanks!

Re-Union time, baby!!
helenluna
Rocker

Gimme some more!

« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2010, 10:31:22 AM »

That's got to be the sweetest stage layout ever!

Gunsguy
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2010, 11:03:58 AM »

The stage layout is the best for the band/crowd interaction, after seeing it in real life I find it very well made, everything about it is great! ok
peka80
Headliner

Living easy, livin' free!!!

« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2010, 12:48:33 PM »

I also didn't see it in person! Hope when they tour Europe, I'll be in chance!
But watching last clips from Toronto, someone shot it from way back, and I could see i it's all size and glory!  Shocked
Stage is really something, and I envy all of you who went on concerts! Smiley

Funny how everything was roses
When we held on to the guns
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2010, 01:14:00 PM »

I havent seen it in person so i can only judge by what i saw in the pics.

I love the stage and its the best one yet in a GNR tour, the only major disappointing thing about it, is that it doesn't have a ramp in the middle that goes all the way through the crowd like AC/DC's one.

I prefer those kind of stages, as you get much more chances to interact with the band and see them closer.

Other than that it seems like a great stage and in person you probably feel like that giant stage is falling down on top of you which is great. Ill have that experience when they come to europe for sure  hihi

Oh My God i cant deny this...
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2010, 03:02:39 PM »

What's cool about it is there's not 1 catwalk, but 3!! C'mon time to hit the STATES!!!! Sebastian Bach will be playing a club show ion Long Island in 2 weeks....Maybe he'll announce something to those of us in attendence..I'll keep everyone posted if he does..
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2010, 03:55:12 PM »

It is shit hot.

Straight out of the Dexter handbook - Check out the dead person figure it makes  ok ok ok ok

To me it's more like a giant holding out both arms to embrace the crowd Cool
svdv22
VIP

This is not a piano falling out of the sky

« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2010, 06:15:48 PM »

I love the lightning too!

There are lights in the stairs like on broadway Wink and in the middle of the stage hanging above it, there are these 2 circles full of lights. One bigger than the other and they can both twist, break up in halves, turn, tilt and on. There's also led lights on the frame of the whole thing. Looks really bad ass! I'll post some pics of it later..

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: