Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 04:26:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227842 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Stage Layout
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stage Layout  (Read 17517 times)
suntorytime
Rocker

Kiyoshiro Forever

« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2010, 07:30:06 PM »

For those that wanted to see the stage layout 'as a whole'.  It gives the layout of the stage.

that looks quite different from the stage I saw here in Japan.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2010, 07:54:12 PM »

I thought it was the same...

The middle "runway" was shaped as a square maybe?

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
superstarmc
Rocker

« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2010, 11:32:17 PM »

It looks the same except maybe smaller.  Better than the last stage setup and that was good with the Chinese banners and all.
suntorytime
Rocker

Kiyoshiro Forever

« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2010, 11:42:18 PM »

Im not sure but I think the stage in jp didnt have the round end for the 3 runways but maybe a shorter reach for that.
Fernando
The REAL Fernando
Rocker

Adz sucks irl.

« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2010, 04:17:32 AM »

Same stage as Osaka and Tokyo.

Narcissism has a lot to do with selfishness and deep need for adoration, not giving a fuck for others and promoting themselves at the expense of others often publicly.
suntorytime
Rocker

Kiyoshiro Forever

« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2010, 04:40:18 AM »

Isn't 4 in the morning rather early?  Huh

BTW It's half past 6, early evening here. 

Hum.. a visual trick or something I was under the impression that the edges of the runways were square. Perhaps because I saw it only from arenas and the venues were different.
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2010, 04:56:21 AM »

It looks the same except maybe smaller.  Better than the last stage setup and that was good with the Chinese banners and all.

I'd imagine that the stage can be configured to fit various venues of varying sizes, by adding or taking away sections. A bit like Lego if you like, you wouldn't necessary have the same stage for a venue that holds 8-10,000 compared to a stadium that holds 40,000, even if the basic shape is maintained, a truck full of extra parts wouldn't be out of the question. The tour organiser would need to know basic info, such as stage size  to plan their assembly stratergy before they reach the venue and avoid the surprises, I'd be shocked if they just turned up and worked on the fly. 

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
Christian
VIP

« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2010, 11:07:09 AM »

S?o Paulo stage had the 3 sideways (catwalks) and, in addiction, sideways just under the screenshots! So it was s really big stage

You can see it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkT-plcYa34

edit: also, it has 2 big banners at each side of the stage, with the "hand" logo of chinese democracy booklet
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 11:09:04 AM by ChristianGNR » Logged
Christian
VIP

« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2010, 11:11:21 AM »

Does anybody here know why they are using the 2002/06/07 drums staircase instead of the new one used in Asia, Canad? and South America?
wadey
Legend

« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2010, 02:16:40 PM »

stage looks fucking awesome to me headbanger

but some european dates are festivals so they would be stuck with the 'standard issue' i guess  Sad

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
Christian
VIP

« Reply #50 on: June 01, 2010, 03:30:41 PM »

stage looks fucking awesome to me headbanger

but some european dates are festivals so they would be stuck with the 'standard issue' i guess  Sad
That's a good point.
fieldsy
Careless whisper
VIP

Use Your Illusion

« Reply #51 on: June 08, 2010, 12:11:09 PM »

Just out of interest, what is the stage being used for the current european dates?  Is it the one that was used in Canada/Asia?  Or the one that was used in South America?

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2010, 12:24:51 PM »

Just out of interest, what is the stage being used for the current european dates?  Is it the one that was used in Canada/Asia?  Or the one that was used in South America?

It's not the same.

The runways doesn't have the round endings, and the drum riser is the same as 2006 I think. No stairs going all the way around behind the drumset. Two smaller staircases on each side, and Dizzy, Frank and Chris have their gear on the same space.

The lcd screens and led lights hanging from the ceiling are the same.

Someone who I talked to at the show in Bergen had met Dj earlier in the day, and he said they were having some difficulties with the stage whilst in South America. We know there were some trouble in Costa Rica (?), but if this relates directly to the change of stage I don't know.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
jordinho
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2010, 02:53:20 PM »

They work with a standard layout and adjust to the size of the arena. The one in Oslo was much wider than in Bergen. Two extra modules on each side I'd guess. Also I don't think they travel with their own stage, but have one provided locally. The modules used in Bergen were different from Oslo and the stage seemed a bit higher (I was front row both places). They would need to travel with two rigs if they brought their own. Not many bands can afford that and there's really no point.
svdv22
VIP

This is not a piano falling out of the sky

« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2010, 06:07:12 PM »

I loved the stairs going behind the drums and all the lights in it! I really hope itll be back for the second european leg!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 06:09:04 PM by svdv22 » Logged

One.In.A.Million
« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2010, 06:19:32 PM »

The stage layout throughout the 2006/07 tour was really nice and simple, I thought it worked really well. The layout in Canada was very epic and obviously was in place to expose GN'Rs' amazing stage show the best way possible.

If GN'R continue with the ' Big ' layout or the smaller one like in 2006, don't bother me all that much. Because I know that GN'R always delivers an outstanding show, whatever the circumstances.  Smiley
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #56 on: June 08, 2010, 07:13:46 PM »

Stage... I Like... Always

smoking

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: