Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 09:12:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Ole Beich-The gunner you never hear about
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ole Beich-The gunner you never hear about  (Read 4883 times)
RichardNixon
« on: May 16, 2006, 07:00:17 PM »

Ole Beich was a Danish guitarist and bass player, born in the city of Esbjerg somewhere in 1955. In his younger years he became a local Rock'n'Roll icon with his Fender Telecaster, his good looks, his long blonde hair and his rock'n'roll attitudes. His own favorites were Rolling Stones, Ten Years After, Cactus, Led Zeppelin and Link Wray. He played both guitar and bass with several Danish bands before he decided to go to Los Angeles to explore the rock scene there. He became the original bassist of the band L.A. Guns and a founding member of Guns N' Roses. Singers Axl Rose and Michael Jagosz both had turns as lead vocalist for L.A. Guns during the time Ole Beich was in the band. Beich played a few Guns N' Roses shows in early 1985 before, unlike what many people believe, he himself decided to quit the band because he "couldn't stand the guts of some of the members" [citation needed]. He was replaced by Duff McKagan. He worked hard trying to establish a heavy rock'n'roll dream team over there, but like many of the persons he hung out with, he developed a serious drug and alcohol addiction problem and lost the necessary drive, he lost self-efficacy. He returned to Denmark after some years, and he died in 1991, drowning in Sct. J?rgens lake in the center of Copenhagen, under uncertain circumstances, as suitable for rock n' rollers who live strong and die young.

He played on the L.A. Guns EP Collector's Edition No. 1.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ole_Beich

RichardNixon
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2006, 07:04:32 PM »

I also found this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collector%27s_Edition_No._1

"Collector's Edition No. 1 is an L.A. Guns EP featuring singer Michael Jagosz, who replaced the band's original singer Axl Rose, and was later replaced himself by singer Paul Black.

Guitarist Tracii Guns, bassist Ole Beich, and drummer Rob Gardner also played on the EP.

This EP has been rereleased as a bonus CD with L.A. Guns' Hollywood Raw."

That means that with the exception of Michaek Jagisz, this EP is the true ORIGANAL Guns N' Roses! I have it but never knew that!

makkonen
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2006, 05:57:59 AM »

"Collector's Edition No. 1 is an L.A. Guns EP featuring singer Michael Jagosz, who replaced the band's original singer Axl Rose, and was later replaced himself by singer Paul Black.

Guitarist Tracii Guns, bassist Ole Beich, and drummer Rob Gardner also played on the EP.

That means that with the exception of Michaek Jagisz, this EP is the true ORIGANAL Guns N' Roses! I have it but never knew that!

THANKS FOR INFORMATION!
I ordered copy from Amazon 5 minutes ago beer
Any L.A. Guns recordings w/Axl around?!?!?!?
RichardNixon
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2006, 12:47:02 AM »

THANKS FOR INFORMATION!
I ordered copy from Amazon 5 minutes ago beer
Any L.A. Guns recordings w/Axl around?!?!?!?

No, I;m afraid not.
Michael_Stradlin
Headliner

Ju Ju Hound

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2006, 03:58:26 AM »

Here's the flyer of GNR with Ole Beich (from www.gntontour.com)

http://www.izzyontour.com

Ride On Down The Road Like a Dog on Concrete to the River in Miami on Fire with Smoke at 117* as Wave of Heat with Izzy Stradlin and the Ju Ju Hounds
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2006, 04:03:03 PM »

iv heard so many diffrent stories about the gnr line up and how it all began, so let me get this straight slash duff and steven were not oringinal members??

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
makkonen
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2006, 11:28:44 AM »

iv heard so many diffrent stories about the gnr line up and how it all began, so let me get this straight slash duff and steven were not oringinal members??

CORRECT? beer

Duff is closest being original member, but facts are facts.
I love those 3 anyway ok
« Last Edit: May 19, 2006, 11:34:35 AM by makkonen » Logged
Emilie
Rocker

No, we can't stop here! This is bat-country!

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2006, 01:54:59 PM »

I thought Slash and Steven were in the band before Duff, and then they found him trough an add in a newspaper. Obviously I was wrong...  Grin
RichardNixon
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2006, 06:03:01 PM »

Here's the flyer of GNR with Ole Beich (from www.gntontour.com)

That pic is just too cool. Would LOVE to hear a bootleg of an '85 gig.
GNR - CROATIA
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2006, 11:55:49 AM »

Duff played in 1000 bands before joining Gunners.
When he came to LA,  he apperantly worked as as a cook and played with bands for fun.
He played everything - Bass,  Drums,  Guitars...
Looking for some new band,  he came across ad from Slash and Steve who were looking for a new member.
The ad applied to Duff but what he didn't know is that Road crew is two guys and a dog.
He then switched to Gunners and told Axl he knew 'these 2 guys'  who could replace Rob and Tracii once they departed.
Actually,  during that period,  Axl walked several times into Slash in the clubs but refused to ask him to join the band.
Nevertheless,   since nothing has been recorded before the Slash line up,  I preffer to call that one the original one. ok
Mr Rage
Rocker

My Friends Call Me ACE!!!!!

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2006, 05:28:58 PM »

learn something new everyday ok

A World Without BASS is.....CHAOS
AXL 20
Rocker

Marijuana For President

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2006, 01:21:49 AM »

Axl mentioned that slash was the final member in an interview i saw. I guess steven came with the package.

The legendary guitarist said that he does have some contact with Guns n' Roses singer Axl Rose, however.

"I've actually sent him Christmas cards, just to be cordial, but he never returns anything."
makkonen
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2006, 10:22:43 AM »

Axl mentioned that slash was the final member in an interview i saw. I guess steven came with the package.

Correct? ok

I have now listened this L.A. Guns EP several times and it?s not that bad Cool
I?m still VERY pleased that Slash replaced Tracii because Tracii?s songwriting was/is not too impressive. i mean he?s ok but nothing special...and that goes for the guitar playing also. Tracii?s style fitted L.A. Guns better than it would have fit to GN`R. Rob and Ole did good job too w/ that EP and that singer-dude is surprisingly ok too hihi
What about the songs then? To me they sound early 80?s (L.A.) stuff...1st album era M?tley Crue/pre-1st album Ratt w/ remarks of early Quiet Riot...i also liked "Slayer-part" of 1st song very much peace 2nd song reminds me of Blue Oyster Cult (Don?t fear the reaper). So...i think that EP was worth of buying beer That other CD (L.A. GUNS after that EP era) was not too bad either. Many good songs, few not so good songs....well i don?t wanna put them down, stuff is much better than average but not great if you know what i mean and many GN`R fans do know? smoking Not too hard to believe that GN`R was MUCH BETTER w/ Slash and Duff what comes to writing music and Steven for having good time on and off the road. BUT i think this EP is important part of GN`R history...not as good as Hollywood Rose but good enough.
Now we?ll just have to wait that RAPIDFIRE -CD drool
« Last Edit: May 29, 2006, 04:22:24 PM by makkonen » Logged
RichardNixon
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2006, 10:26:57 PM »

So there are demos/boots of Tracii w/GN'R or Axl with LA Guns?
Sagolik
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2006, 10:13:22 AM »

cool story  ok
im waiting to for the rapidfire cd  drool

"Well some say I'm lazy, And others say that's just me
Some say I'm crazy, I guess I'll always be"
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: