Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 05:12:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227842 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Donald Trump & 2016 Election
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 194 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Donald Trump & 2016 Election  (Read 491962 times)
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1200 on: October 19, 2017, 10:48:54 AM »

Imho it's good when music portraits a point of view on life in general but that's it.

A lot of Musicians  when they talk (or sing) about politics are just a bunch of hypocrites or they look like fishes out of water... For example someone like ENIMEN should be really allowed  to say "If you support Trump, you can fuck all the way off forever"Huh Look at his face, look at his life in general...what a fuckin mess... I mean... Almost every musician has a story of drugs use, suicide attempts, arrests , whatever... How can they be more genuine than politicians they are talking about??

You should have a righteous background to talk about politics in a certain way.  You can't set yourself up as a moral leader or something like that when your life is everything but a model of coherence

Whoah there! You can't go saying that people who have attempted suicide can't have an opinion on politics! Likewise arrests and drugs, but ESPECIALLY suicide attempts. That's crazy talk - and pretty damn offensive. You don't have to have a 'righteous' background at all - who decides what is 'righteous'?! I'd say the behaviour of many politicians is very far from 'righteous' in my book, let alone 'genuine'.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #1201 on: October 19, 2017, 11:24:58 AM »

Imho it's good when music portraits a point of view on life in general but that's it.

A lot of Musicians  when they talk (or sing) about politics are just a bunch of hypocrites or they look like fishes out of water... For example someone like ENIMEN should be really allowed  to say "If you support Trump, you can fuck all the way off forever"Huh Look at his face, look at his life in general...what a fuckin mess... I mean... Almost every musician has a story of drugs use, suicide attempts, arrests , whatever... How can they be more genuine than politicians they are talking about??

You should have a righteous background to talk about politics in a certain way.  You can't set yourself up as a moral leader or something like that when your life is everything but a model of coherence

Whoah there! You can't go saying that people who have attempted suicide can't have an opinion on politics! Likewise arrests and drugs, but ESPECIALLY suicide attempts. That's crazy talk - and pretty damn offensive. You don't have to have a 'righteous' background at all - who decides what is 'righteous'?! I'd say the behaviour of many politicians is very far from 'righteous' in my book, let alone 'genuine'.

When u attempt suicide (maybe because of drugs or alchool abuse) something ain't right with your life...Am i wrong? So how can u talk about something which should regulate other people's life if u can't handle yours?

And "having an opinion" is different than set yourself up as the one who can judge, point the finger etc...very different. If u are a fuckin catalyst for problems, how can you even think to show to people how to solve theirs or say who is the one who should do that??

« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 11:42:51 AM by ITARocker » Logged
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1202 on: October 19, 2017, 11:49:00 AM »

When u attempt suicide (maybe because of drugs or alchool abuse) something ain't right with your life...Am i wrong? So how can u talk about something which should regulate other people's life if u can't handle yours?

And "having an opinion" is different than set yourself up as the one who can judge, point the finger etc...very different. If u are a fuckin catalyst for problems, how can you even think to show to people how to solve theirs or say who is the one who should do that??

You do realize that a hell of a lot of people in very high positions may have experienced low moments and attempted suicide in the past right? It doesn't make you a "fuckin catalyst for problems" in any way, shape or form, and certainly doesn't exclude you from judging the actions of politicians. It's pretty terrifying to me that people would think someone reaching such a distressing point in their lives as to consider suicide are in any way to be judged negatively and condemned for it.

I think you're probably very naive as to how many people struggle in their personal lives, but remain utterly professional and responsible.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #1203 on: October 19, 2017, 11:54:43 AM »

You do realize that a hell of a lot of people in very high positions may have experienced low moments and attempted suicide in the past right? It doesn't make you a "fuckin catalyst for problems" in any way, shape or form, and certainly doesn't exclude you from judging the actions of politicians. It's pretty terrifying to me that people would think someone reaching such a distressing point in their lives as to consider suicide are in any way to be judged negatively and condemned for it.

I think you're probably very naive as to how many people struggle in their personal lives, but remain utterly professional and responsible.

Dude don't take me litterally, i'm not only struggling with my life i'm even struggling with english... I'm just talking about being a mess in general, as many rockstars out there, nothing more than this. Do you really want a fuckin drug addict to show you how to live, how to vote etc etc??...I don't...
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1204 on: October 19, 2017, 11:58:23 AM »

Dude don't take me litterally, i'm not only struggling with my life i'm even struggling with english... I'm just talking about being a mess in general, as many rockstars out there, nothing more than this. Do you want a fuckin drug addict to show you how to live, how to vote etc etc... Just NO...

Like most people though, I don't need anyone to show me how to live or how to vote - I make those choices myself.

westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #1205 on: October 19, 2017, 12:07:04 PM »

Yes, you choose. I believe in the ideas of democracy. Freedom of speech is necassary for democracy, so Eminem, Axl, you, me, mentally ill or not, addict or not can say what they/we want about what they/we want.

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #1206 on: October 20, 2017, 09:07:52 PM »

Dude don't take me litterally, i'm not only struggling with my life i'm even struggling with english... I'm just talking about being a mess in general, as many rockstars out there, nothing more than this. Do you really want a fuckin drug addict to show you how to live, how to vote etc etc??...I don't...

Who are you to determine someone else's life is "a mess"? Chris Cornell committed suicide and he was an incredibly intelligent, caring, all around wonderful person. You are being incredibly disrespectful and very closed-minded. If I had my way, closed-minded judgmental people would not get to influence politics, but I actually recognize that would be wrong because I'm not closed-minded.

Are you a perfect church mouse and MENSA member? Because if not, you even fail your own litmus test.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1207 on: October 21, 2017, 05:38:12 AM »

A lot of Musicians  when they talk (or sing) about politics are just a bunch of hypocrites or they look like fishes out of water...

That sounds like a lot of politicians to me. Tongue
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #1208 on: October 22, 2017, 10:02:34 AM »

I don't have an issue when an artist talks ( key word TALKS) to the audience about an important issue or something politically related they've got an opinion on.

But when they look down upon some of their fans for not sharing said opinion or tell the audience how they should vote, what they should think, etc I have a real problem with that. GNR has been pretty good about not doing this.

My view is if you're going to take your political advice from a musician, you may as well get medical advice from a real estate agent.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #1209 on: October 22, 2017, 05:18:08 PM »

I don't have an issue when an artist talks ( key word TALKS) to the audience about an important issue or something politically related they've got an opinion on.

But when they look down upon some of their fans for not sharing said opinion or tell the audience how they should vote, what they should think, etc I have a real problem with that. GNR has been pretty good about not doing this.

My view is if you're going to take your political advice from a musician, you may as well get medical advice from a real estate agent.

So according to you musicians don't have the expertise to talk about/tell people certain politicians are bad? Does that also not mean a reality star doesn't have the expertise to be president? Same shit right?
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #1210 on: October 22, 2017, 07:11:55 PM »

So according to you musicians don't have the expertise to talk about/tell people certain politicians are bad? Does that also not mean a reality star doesn't have the expertise to be president? Same shit right?

Not teally what I was saying, but we've had this debate already.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 07:29:59 PM by Senator Blutarsky » Logged

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #1211 on: October 22, 2017, 11:14:17 PM »

"My view is if you're going to take your political advice from a musician, you may as well get medical advice from a real estate agent."

So what did I get wrong with what you said there?
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #1212 on: October 23, 2017, 07:07:04 AM »

"My view is if you're going to take your political advice from a musician, you may as well get medical advice from a real estate agent."

So what did I get wrong with what you said there?

In other words, do your own research to form your own opinion instead of letting it be decided by someone you like in an unrelated field.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
sandman
Legend

« Reply #1213 on: October 23, 2017, 08:49:46 AM »

The point is dont be a fuckin snowflake and bitch and cry about your prez and hope others do the same. It may make you feel better having your favorite band criticize your prez, but i?m guessing u would feel different if gnr shows turned into pro-trump rallies.

Personally i hate it either way because it divides your audience. I?d rather 50,000 people come together for one day and celebrate music.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #1214 on: October 23, 2017, 09:05:37 AM »

Personally i hate it either way because it divides your audience. I?d rather 50,000 people come together for one day and celebrate music.

This  ok

It doesn't matter what side an artist is on or an actor or other public figure. Whether they are a supporter of a democrat or republican, their opinion isn't any more enlightening than anyone elses just because they are well known. 

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #1215 on: October 23, 2017, 10:58:20 AM »

But what if they're someone you like in an unrelated field that's done their research?
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #1216 on: October 23, 2017, 07:31:48 PM »

But what if they're someone you like in an unrelated field that's done their research?

If their research shows trump is bad then they are just snowflakes and sjw's in the eyes of sandman and sb. It's can't be that everyone else is correct and they are wrong.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #1217 on: October 23, 2017, 08:04:41 PM »

If their research shows trump is bad then they are just snowflakes and sjw's in the eyes of sandman and sb. It's can't be that everyone else is correct and they are wrong.

You should know by now from our previous 'discussions' that I don't fit in that box.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1218 on: October 24, 2017, 06:06:13 AM »

Good lord. Not sure what to say to that. Say goodnight to the planet folks!

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #1219 on: October 24, 2017, 09:47:49 PM »

I think Mueller will be paying a visit to Chappaqua with a few questions 

This is from the Washington Post

Clinton campaign, DNC paid for research that led to Russia dossier

The Hillary Clinton campaign and the Democratic National Committee helped fund research that resulted in a now-famous dossier containing allegations about President Trump?s connections to Russia and possible coordination between his campaign and the Kremlin, people familiar with the matter said.

Marc E. Elias, a lawyer representing the Clinton campaign and the DNC, retained Fusion GPS, a Washington firm, to conduct the research.

After that, Fusion GPS hired dossier author Christopher Steele, a former British intelligence officer with ties to the FBI and the U.S. intelligence community, according to those people, who spoke on the condition of anonymity.

Elias and his law firm, Perkins Coie, retained the company in April 2016 on behalf of the Clinton campaign and the DNC. Before that agreement, Fusion GPS?s research into Trump was funded by an unknown Republican client during the GOP primary.

The Clinton campaign and the DNC, through the law firm, continued to fund Fusion GPS?s research through the end of October 2016, days before Election Day.

more - https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/clinton-campaign-dnc-paid-for-research-that-led-to-russia-dossier/2017/10/24/226fabf0-b8e4-11e7-a908-a3470754bbb9_story.html?utm_term=.e1ee26ee721f

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 194 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: