Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 12:02:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Fortus will be back in studio for GnR this month
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fortus will be back in studio for GnR this month  (Read 62922 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #60 on: December 05, 2005, 11:47:06 PM »

its pretty good news i think. Especially the part that says richard signed some things saying "see you in 06". H emust have heard some positive things from Axl if hes gonna write that and say it with confidence.

Going back to do some parts can mean a million things. Hopefully it means just tinkering with some stuff. Hopefully it doesnt mean some of Buckets parts will be erased. For the idiots that dont want Buckets stuff on the album...I ask you what if some of the stuff he added rasises the quality of the song or album? WOuld you still keep it off?

---
actually this piece of news has gotten me excited about the release of CD...the build up, the frustrations, the excitement, the hard work {by the band}...all i can say is...what a day it will be
« Last Edit: December 05, 2005, 11:50:39 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #61 on: December 05, 2005, 11:49:53 PM »

Is it at all coicidental that we get ZERO FUCKING NEWS ABOUT ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE ALBUM FOR YEARS:

All of a sudden Chinese Democracy shows up on Amazon.com and POW POW POW out of the blue all of a sudden Richard Fortus is goin to LA to record for Chinese Democracy.
 So either this is to throw us off track or its true.

This is why I am starting to not like the New members of GNR.

Until Chinese Democracy is finished I dont want a Tommy Stinson album and tour, i dont want Dizzy Reed touring with a cover band and I dont want Nsync Fortus touring with people like Nena or whoever.

Get the fuck in the studio and dont come out till this fuckin Album is finished.

I dont give a fuck and dont want to hear anything about any new member of GNR unless it  has something to do with Guns N Roses and the Album.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #62 on: December 05, 2005, 11:52:53 PM »

This is why I am starting to not like the New members of GNR
im surprised you feel like this...especially since youve been around for so long...

how can you blame the members of the band when the problem is not them its Axl...how many times do you have to hear them tell you that their work is done...has been done? The ball is in Axls court. If Axl is tinkering all the time and wants them back for more recording there gonna go back and do it. Not their fault....

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #63 on: December 06, 2005, 12:06:09 AM »

MORE recording?!?  How much fucking recording has to be done here?  For God's sakes.......

You know, record, re-record, mix, re-mix, hire, fire, record again, re-record again, re-mix again, band members leave, start over, re-re-record, re-re-remix, re-re-re-record, re-re-re-mix.  Come on.......

CD is a bunch of bullshit. 
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #64 on: December 06, 2005, 12:17:18 AM »

Until Chinese Democracy is finished I dont want a Tommy Stinson album and tour, i dont want Dizzy Reed touring with a cover band and I dont want Nsync Fortus touring with people like Nena or whoever.
Roll Eyes
Yeah, they should be doing nothing, since most of their parts are already recorded. Maybe help Pittman with the fries, huh?

journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #65 on: December 06, 2005, 12:45:27 AM »

You know, record, re-record, mix, re-mix, hire, fire, record again, re-record again, re-mix again, band members leave, start over, re-re-record, re-re-remix, re-re-re-record, re-re-re-mix. 

hihi hihi

That has a nice beat.

I'm hopeful that CD is nearly finished. And a summer release for next year would be the most logical time.
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #66 on: December 06, 2005, 12:51:59 AM »

You know, record, re-record, mix, re-mix, hire, fire, record again, re-record again, re-mix again, band members leave, start over, re-re-record, re-re-remix, re-re-re-record, re-re-re-mix.?

hihi hihi

That has a nice beat.

I'm hopeful that CD is nearly finished. And a summer release for next year would be the most logical time.

Thanks!   Didn't know I had it in me!    hihi
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #67 on: December 06, 2005, 01:18:53 AM »

I dont know what to make of this

What I do know, is that GN'R fans deserve better and there should have been some update (official) given over the last 18 months. Mercks "the year of GN'R" bullshit and vague, oblique tidbits don't cut it to a fanbase treated like shit for too long.

It's a bloody disgrace

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
chadj76
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #68 on: December 06, 2005, 01:25:37 AM »

"Fortus will be back in the studio for GnR this month"  Laughing out FUCKING LOUD!  Gee, what about all the CD is coming in November (this past november) or all the "I know CD will be out in December (this year) post..........Or my favorite "GH2 IS CD".................Yea not so much if they are still re-recording shit.................And now the "it can still come out in Feb/March" post are coming..........I swear I don't even need to check this website but every 3 months, because it is ALWAYS the SAME cycle.  "CD will be out early next year".....then nothing, so we get "CD will be out in Nov or Dec this year" and guess what...........THEY ARE STILL RECORDING OR RE-CORDING THE FUCKING THING. 

Don't damn me when I speak a piece of my mind 'cause silence isn't golden when I'm holding it inside
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #69 on: December 06, 2005, 01:51:49 AM »

Honestly, if this thing is still being recorded then don't expect to see it in the shops for at least another 8 months.

You and all the others who say that this will delay the album are flat out wrong!? First of all, there is not delaying an album that has no release date.?
Where did I mention anything about the album being "delayed"...?? confused

My opinion is: if the record is still being recorded then don't expect a release to happen within the next 6-8 months.

When I said "all the others", that's who I was talking about.  There have been multiple times on this board where people have said that doing more recording=delaying the album.  Now you on the other hand said "don't expect to see the album for another 8 months".  I think your wrong.  Do I think we will see the record before 8 months?   I have no idea, but just because someone is doing some recording does not mean that it will take another 8 months.  Maybe it's only a few songs, and that doesn't take 8 months.   

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #70 on: December 06, 2005, 01:56:52 AM »

This is why I am starting to not like the New members of GNR
im surprised you feel like this...especially since youve been around for so long...

how can you blame the members of the band when the problem is not them its Axl...how many times do you have to hear them tell you that their work is done...has been done? The ball is in Axls court. If Axl is tinkering all the time and wants them back for more recording there gonna go back and do it. Not their fault....

younggunner.... the day has come.  Pigs have flown, hell has frozen over, and Xozi is no longer insane.... I actually agree with you on something GNR related. 

I think its great that they are keeping busy.  Imagine if you sat around bored all day.  It would drive them crazy and they would be more likely to quit to do their own thing.  Its a good move on Axl's part to 'allow' them to go out and do other things. 
basktqase
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #71 on: December 06, 2005, 02:02:40 AM »

You guys are probably gonna jump all over me because I havn't posted here before. ?I have been reading this bored since they went on tour in 02. ?I have been a long time fan of GnR. ?I have personally always been under the impression that the only way we were gonna see this cd was when axl finally croaked and the record company released the sessions because axl finally was out of the picture.

However, recently everything has been feeling different to me. ?I remember the years of "Oh it will be out early next year"..... and etc....

I just find all of the crap that is going on now strange. ?I remember the first greatest hits. ?I remember how they came down on the powers that be really quick and loud to try and keep it from being released.

When I heard about the greatest hits 2, i really thought it was just the company trying to piss axl off again because they still had no new product. ?I wasn't buying in to all of this coverup for CD bullshit. ?Then a few weeks went by, and we heard nothing. ?And we still have heard nothing other than, it doesnt exist.

Now everything has turned up even more. ?Chinese Democracy has shown up on amazon. ?Now you can call me crazy. ?But as hard as they came down to try and keep the first greatest hits from being released, don't you think they would be shitting a brick if "amazon is just playing games"? ?I don't think they would be this quiet about something like that happening if it wasn't supposed to and were indeed "totally baseless." ?Or, if they ?could be taking care of this quietly, but I think that both of those would have been ripped off of the site by now at least if they weren't supposed to be there.

And also, if you remember the replies from management about the first greatest hits, they were very strong and had a serious tone. ?Everything that has come out has been cryptic and kind of playful in a way.

I think that this whole thing with Fortus is just a continuation of everything that is goin on. ?I agree with the person who pointed out the fact that this news report almost sounded like a press release form the GnR camp. ?Every other time a new agency or interviewer has asked about the album, we usually wouldnt get even that amount of information.

Now I am not saying that something is going to be happening before the end of the year. ?But everything that is going on now has a completely different tone than we are used to dealing with. ?I for one would really just like to know what in the hell is going on.

And that is my 2 cents.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #72 on: December 06, 2005, 02:18:12 AM »

I'm confused I thought everybody here thought http://www.sp1at.com was full of shit. Now you are going by what they report?
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #73 on: December 06, 2005, 02:31:14 AM »

I see all you guys are reacting negitivly.. but.. I think you should stop and relax a LITTLE bit. I understand we all want the album.. but im convinced this is good news. I want the best motherfucking album ever.. who cares if it takes LONGER.

I know your sick of hearing it (im looking at you james!  hihi).. but I feel its actually approprate this time.. as Axl said.. just live your lifes.. and it will come out.

Worst it is.. is a long recording process... (doubt it).. best it could be is just pictures and promo for the album.. (doubt it).. so im guessing its somewhere in between.

-jack

EDIT: slcpunk has a point even though I buy this "rumor".. this hasnt been 100% confirmed right? Lets not jump at it...

gnrevolution.com
badapple81
« Reply #74 on: December 06, 2005, 02:39:30 AM »

Look, I'm just happy to hear that there is activity, I was starting to worry as we hadn't heard anything for some time. I'm happy that there appears to be work happening and that the band, or at least a member has been called back in, hopefully to get this album finalised.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #75 on: December 06, 2005, 03:42:53 AM »

I believe things are happening.

Richard is going back to LA, and I'm pretty sure if you check with every member, they'll all be getting back to LA for GNR.

Which means we have some movement in the camp.

There are people in the GNR community who know more, I can guarantee you that, and I'm not talking about Jarmo, or that they know when Chinese Democracy will be released.

And I'm definitely not talking about splat or the people who email Merck every 5 seconds about every little rumour and get a reply like "No", "Yes", "That is rubbish."... These people are just lucky enough to have found his email address.

But from what I've been hearing these past few weeks plus the whole GH2 thing and the amazon listing, things have started to move again, and I believe that this time it's for real.

That's why I doubt Richard will be recording new parts on CD.

However, we might still be a little far from the release. Maybe it will be March and we'll just have a single released soon...

Don't forget the street teams, Mysteron said they'll start again when things will move. So, soon enough we'll know.

Now I know some of you don't believe Mysteron, but everything he says, he proves it to Jarmo (where he needs to prove it), and he's always ahead of things....

I mean, after all we've been waiting all these years, what's a little more patience...?

lastroots
« Reply #76 on: December 06, 2005, 03:58:21 AM »

Just saw this, a little late.

First, let me tell you this: There is absolutely no reason to not believe what Marcel (webmaster of gunsnrosesonline.de) says, he's as credible as one can be.

Second, this news is a huge letdown for me. I won't get my hopes up, really. Richard and the others have been saying things like that for so many years now, about doing the famous "final touches" while being confident about a release "very soon".

Nope, I was excited about that Amazon thing, however I somehow waited for a comment like that.
I guess we'll be in the same stage next year again, full of hope (if there's still hope left) and freaking out when someone says the little s-word or something about final touches.

nah, been on this train before & way too often.

/lastroots
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #77 on: December 06, 2005, 04:10:30 AM »

As others have mentioned, activity is always good.  Its bad when you hear some one say 'oh yeah its coming soon'.  But for them to actually be going into a studio to do some work, hey it means that something is being worked on. 

And I'm definitely not talking about splat or the people who email Merck every 5 seconds about every little rumour and get a reply like "No", "Yes", "That is rubbish."... These people are just lucky enough to have found his email address.

I just have to say that these people need to be stopped.  They think they are helping things out by contacting the higher ups and asking about ridiculous rumors and asking the oh so creative "when is Chinese Democracy going to be released?" questions over and over again.  It is as if they believe that one day THE answer will be revealed to THEM first.  GIVE IT UP YOU PYSCHOS. 
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #78 on: December 06, 2005, 04:20:56 AM »

I havent got time to read through all these pages of this thread, but has anyone thought that Richard maybe going back into the studio to do parts for the next Guns album and not Chinese Democracy? None of know quite how much has been happening behind the secnes since 02 so whos to say that its not that they are well on the way to finishing the 2nd album? Just a thought! Mike

Megaguns
« Reply #79 on: December 06, 2005, 04:37:03 AM »

I reckon hes going back for promo stuff, Sounds like the rusty wheels have been given a drop of oil, Things are happening and thats all i care about. ok
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: