Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 08:50:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227844 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl mention on Metal Sludge..again...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl mention on Metal Sludge..again...  (Read 5314 times)
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« on: April 21, 2004, 12:00:34 AM »

Scroll to #12...

http://www.metal-sludge.com/20QuestionsShareRoss.htm

Now spew drivel like: "Who does she think she is..."

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2004, 12:22:09 AM »

Well.....

She is pretty much on point. I mean we have debated until we're blue in the face about whether this new band is really GNR(Most of the non-GNR loyal public probably tends to agree with her position), but the other 2 are dead on. Release music, not hard....artists do it every day. She wasn't attacking him....just pointing out the obvious that there is no good reason why there isn't 15 some-odd songs that have been recorded over the past 7 years since this project started that couldn't be put on an album....named Chinese Democracy....and given to the pubic. I know he is recording a lifetimes worth of work, but if the public doesn't buy into CD, the other stuff is going to be completely irrelevant as GNR will be written off. He should just throw the best he has on one album and worry about the rest later depending on how the public reacts.....but again, as an average fan I know nothing.
SunKing278
Headliner

The loveliest girls are always in your GN'R

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2004, 05:14:46 AM »

Great interview.  What a cool chick!  I laughed my ass off reading it.  I agree with her completely about Axl.  He is only the singer, he was not the whole band.  Maybe now he kind of is, since he's working with a bunch of relative unknowns.  But Slash, Duff, Izzy, they were all pretty famous guys in their own right, and still are.  Rightfully so, too.  Even with the new players, though, they are talented guys with something to contribute, but I think it's fairly obvious Axl will not stand for anyone stealing his spotlight.  Maybe this is why Buckethead is out of the band.  Perhaps he was getting just a bit too popular for Axl's liking, and that led to tension between the two.  I'd like to hear Buckethead's side of the story, but he doesn't talk.  I'm sure he feels that he is better off without Axl, though.

matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2004, 05:27:17 AM »

She makes a good point i'll give her that yes

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
K-Rock
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2004, 09:06:49 AM »

12. What rock star deserves a smack in the mouth & why?
The obvious one.....Axl Rose.

I don't know about a smack in the mouth.....a "wake-up call" maybe

1. Stop using the name Guns n Roses. You're just the singer, Axl. You ain't the band.

Yes, it is Axl making HIS music with an entire new supporting cast.  I'm starting to think his new stuff isn't all that good and he needs the name.  If it's that good, he could call the band "Freakshow" and it wouldn't matter.

2. Try making music. NOT HEADLINES.

Can't even slam her for that comment.  Gets arrested......riot.........another riot....plays tracks at a strip club....buys a horse statue thinger......sues record company......cancels show blaming Chickenhead......

3. Get over yourself.

Yeah, then release the cd and show everybody what it is you envisioned for the legendary band Guns 'N' Roses to the point that you lost the other entity that defined the band......Slash.

Axl's voice and Slash's guitar are what made AFD stand alone.  

One without the other is simply not the same.  

So, yeah......stop using the name and get over yourself.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2004, 09:53:32 AM »

she didnt really bash axl.
Its mostly a smack in the mouth telling him to put out the album and stop being such a perfectist (getting over yourself)

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2004, 11:02:22 AM »

Even with the new players, though, they are talented guys with something to contribute, but I think it's fairly obvious Axl will not stand for anyone stealing his spotlight.  Maybe this is why Buckethead is out of the band.  Perhaps he was getting just a bit too popular for Axl's liking, and that led to tension between the two.

I guess they sold a Buckethead t-shirt at the shows so he could get famous and leave the band? Nice plan...  hihi

Axl must be one of the most talked about persons in those "20 Questions with...". Name another (living) rock singer who hasn't released an album with original material since 1991 that gets mentioned more.  Grin

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2004, 06:34:12 PM »

Axl must be one of the most talked about persons in those "20 Questions with...". Name another (living) rock singer who hasn't released an album with original material since 1991 that gets mentioned more.
LOl great point. The reason is because he has so much talent and is so interesting that even the people who hate him know hes capable of pulling somehting off.

Thats why i could care less about all the abuse axl and the band gets because if the material is good then all of that bullshit will go away in a second

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Captain Obvious
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2004, 01:20:08 AM »

Good point younggunner but it still disgusts me that every one hit wonder, failed musician and grumpy journalist do not pass up a chance to take a swing at axl, simply because they know they can. I'm sure alot of people don't like Bono or Freddie Mercury or Steven Tyler but noone has the guts to voice their opinion on them.

kockstar99
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2004, 02:02:55 AM »

shes a fucking stupid whore...what headlines does he make?? how fucking gay...
SunKing278
Headliner

The loveliest girls are always in your GN'R

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2004, 03:28:48 AM »

I guess they sold a Buckethead t-shirt at the shows so he could get famous and leave the band? Nice plan...  hihi

Axl must be one of the most talked about persons in those "20 Questions with...". Name another (living) rock singer who hasn't released an album with original material since 1991 that gets mentioned more.  Grin

/jarmo

Geesh, Jarmo, it was just a theory, I don't know if it's actually true or not.  I didn't know about any Buckethead shirt being sold on the tour, but I don't think that alone proves anything.  What is obvious is that there was tension between the two men.  If there wasn't, Buckethead would still be with the band and Axl wouldn't be pointing fingers at him in press releases.

And considering that every single living rock artist other than Axl has released new material since 1991, don't you think this is rather a mute point?

We all think Axl is a fascinating guy and an incredibily talented performer.  That doesn't mean we have to kiss the ground the guy walks on, especially when he's just so damn irritating and neurotic a good deal of the time.  Great talent doesn't excuse bad behavior.  He's just a human being, not a fucking God.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2004, 10:41:25 AM »

My point was, Axl doesn't have to do stuff like release albums to be talked about.

Other artists do anything to get mentioned or get headlines. Axl doesn't really have to do anything special and he gets mentioned.

The mention in this case didn't even mention the latest cancellation, it just mentioned Axl in general....

The fact that he doesn't release a new album seems to make people talk about him.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2004, 12:29:55 PM »

For a moment, I thought we'd reached a level of intellegent responses until, well... the above.

Whether she's a "fucking stupid whore" or not, she's a working musician that's entitled to her opinion.  

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
kockstar99
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2004, 05:43:15 PM »

For a moment, I thought we'd reached a level of intellegent responses until, well... the above.

Whether she's a "fucking stupid whore" or not, she's a working musician that's entitled to her opinion.  

and iam a working music buyer that is entitled to mine...
GUNZforRoses
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2004, 08:22:37 AM »

Is she accurate about unvailing a song at a strip club ? I don't remember reading that. Anyone knows when it happened ?
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2004, 04:50:53 PM »

So based on her thoughts of Axl Rose you've come to the conclusion that she is an unintelligent skank who sells sex for a living.

ok
« Last Edit: April 23, 2004, 04:52:40 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

kockstar99
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2004, 03:15:21 AM »

So based on her thoughts of Axl Rose you've come to the conclusion that she is an unintelligent skank who sells sex for a living.

ok

Yes  hihi
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2004, 03:19:29 PM »

ok

Yes  hihi

Sweet. Cool

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Rebecca Duff Rose
Roxi McK
VIP

Kool Ranch Dres'ing

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2004, 04:30:08 PM »

rofl rock on!!!

Wildhearts or Darkness? Darkness full out!
Jeeez i hate da Wildhearts- who the hell do they think they are!!!!!!! taking the mick outta Izzy Stradlin'! Gayloadz!  Grin

god she rayed some cool dudes low as well!!!!!!!!! beyatch!

SLASH- "Guitar solos are back," he said with a grin through his long, curly mane.
GNR- The hardworking band that once called themselves FAMILY!!!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: