Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 09:09:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227844 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  dont u just get fed up of all this shit
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: dont u just get fed up of all this shit  (Read 2078 times)
gezm
« on: April 27, 2004, 09:21:27 AM »

ppl suck up to axl so much !! the guys proved he can still wirte good music but also proved hes still an ass hole and will for ever be one!
when he accepts he's not guns n roses and he never was then he'll be ok
and there so much shit about velvet revolver, there making music and releaseing it unlike gnr aka axl the guys got to make his mind up soon what hes doing hes takign the piss off the good name

dont get me wrong i love all the ex boys from gnr and axl but come on the new band sucks none of them are even close to duff izzy slash matt or steve, bucket head is the only one with talent in that new band and axl of coure!

cant believe all the fans are turning on each other bitching about whos better face it axl aint guns n roses and he never was the only way he was is with slash duff steven and izzy that was guns n roses the true rock n roll leges
bash me all u like for this but u all know its the truth, like i sed axl can still wirte and i like the new music! beer
K-Rock
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2004, 09:30:01 AM »

The only thing I get fed up with is countless pointless threads every day spewing the same shit over and over and over again.

You could have found a place for your wonderful expression in one of the numerous threads that already exist.

Pick a thread that has multiple pages to it.  This way those "obvioously interesting" threads can stay on the front page.

gezm
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2004, 09:32:23 AM »

Sorry Hard  ok
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2004, 11:07:07 AM »

Gezm, I respectfully have to disagree with you about the new line up.  They play rings around any of the past versions of GNR.  I've seen all three versions live and the new one brings so much more to the table.  You did acknowledge that Bucket is good but so is Finck.  Neither Axl nor Trent Reznor would let some hack play with them.  Slash was a sloppy player and his drawn out concert solos were little to be desired.  So quit whining about the good old days and the old line up, not just you but everybody on here who misses the old guys.  Out with the old and in with the new.  I'm sure that most of you who bitch about the Chinese album not coming out will bitch about how it's not Appetite when it does come out.  Get out of the 80s....
rubie vale
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2004, 11:30:06 AM »

Hi Gild,
have you seen Slash play since he got sober? I saw him with Ron Wood and he was incredible. I thought Finck butchered some of the solos in the old tunes and no doubt he was sober. Slash was an imploding mess on those Tokyo videos and he still carried it off ( a bit sloppy but still way cool). Sober he is masterful. I've seen him play back in the day and he was sloppy and drunk. Still, at the end of the day he's the one on the front of Guitar Player and the one who sent Gibson Les Paul sales up 600% when he came on the scene, poor old Finck lacks the charisma and the chops to do the same.
peace/ rubie.
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2004, 11:48:04 AM »

Rubie, no , I haven't seen him play sober yet but hopefully I will with the Revolver.  As for being on the covers of mags and selling Les Pauls, any guitarist who is in a band that sells 10 million albums will be on a mag cover or two.  It's hard to compare Finck with Slash, they have 2 very different styles.  Slash is blues based with a hint of punk while Finck plays a disjointed industrial type style.  Sure Fincks version of the solos was different to the ears but I would not say he butchered them!!
Dr H Lecter
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2004, 02:12:48 PM »

ppl suck up to axl so much !! the guys proved he can still wirte good music but also proved hes still an ass hole and will for ever be one!
when he accepts he's not guns n roses and he never was then he'll be ok
and there so much shit about velvet revolver, there making music and releaseing it unlike gnr aka axl the guys got to make his mind up soon what hes doing hes takign the piss off the good name

dont get me wrong i love all the ex boys from gnr and axl but come on the new band sucks none of them are even close to duff izzy slash matt or steve, bucket head is the only one with talent in that new band and axl of coure!

cant believe all the fans are turning on each other bitching about whos better face it axl aint guns n roses and he never was the only way he was is with slash duff steven and izzy that was guns n roses the true rock n roll leges
bash me all u like for this but u all know its the truth, like i sed axl can still wirte and i like the new music! beer

I agree the contrast between GNR and VR is astounding, look how much VR has accomplished in a relatively short time, the are communicative and have an informative if somewhat cluttered website. GNR, nothing, save a statement that, couldn't have possibly been anymore vague.
I hope CD comes out sometime but to be quite honest at this stage I have adopted the stance that it will never come out and so if it does I will be surprised.
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2004, 02:53:21 PM »

i dunno why i don't get fed up. I sort of wish i did, but i don't.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: