Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 02:51:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227913 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Unwanted Illusions Unreleased Demos
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Unwanted Illusions Unreleased Demos  (Read 3534 times)
Freya
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« on: April 29, 2004, 11:39:44 PM »

Why on earth did GnR never release Just Another Sunday and Sentimental Movie?  Those are awesome songs.  

Who is singing on Sentimental Movie?  Izzy?
ToMMyBoY
Headliner

Is There Anybody Out There ?

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2004, 11:49:27 PM »

Slash and Duff sing Sentimental Movie.
Freya
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2004, 11:56:59 PM »

Really?  I thought I could hear Duff in the background.  But damn, that is a great song.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2004, 01:10:51 AM »

My guess is because they suck...
grabaraxl
Rocker

stick to your guns

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2004, 06:03:14 AM »

duff sings on sentimental movie.
you can find those tracks on a bunch of bootlegs, being "unwanted illusions" one of them, but they're all pre-appetite demos. other songs that are from that era that made it to the illusions were "the garden" and "bad obsession". i guess those demos are from 1985.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2004, 01:51:34 PM by grabaraxl » Logged
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2004, 06:07:50 AM »

I think u've hit the nail on the head, Crash Diet should have been released, 'just another sunday' should be destroyed.....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Lionel Hutz
Attorney-at-law
VIP

In loving memory of Phil Hartman

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2004, 06:49:49 AM »

Exactly.
Seriously, those two songs are not awesome, they are embarrassing, especially the latter.
Freya
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2004, 10:02:41 AM »

Exactly.
Seriously, those two songs are not awesome, they are embarrassing, especially the latter.

To each their own.  I really like them.  Although both are mid-tempo songs, maybe they wanted more rockers on the Illusions.  Whatever.  
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2004, 11:37:53 AM »

i though Slash was singing n sentimental crap movie..

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
badintentions
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2004, 12:40:17 PM »

duff sings on sentimental movie.
you can find those tracks on a bunch of bootlegs, being "unwanted illusions" one of them, but they're all pre-appetite demos. other songs that are from that era that made it to the illusions were "the garden" and "mr borwnstone". i guess those demos are from 1985.

WRONG!!!   those demos were from 1989. don't pass off misinformation like it is fact.
grabaraxl
Rocker

stick to your guns

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2004, 01:50:03 PM »

you're kidding, right?

it is a fact!
just listen to any intro to "bad obsession" during the 1991 tour - "this is a song we wrote 1 year before mr. brownstone".
now if you do the math, brownstone was on appetite, and it was released in 1987, and played on some 1986 shows, that's how i make the 1985/86 date.
and then, i got a copy of those demos in 1989, so it would be kinda hard to get them the same year they were recorded (no internet at that time!).
"crash diet" is also from around 1985, as stated on an Asphalt Ballet interview (Axl co-wrote that song with the guitarrist from that band, and you can hear their version on the album "pigs").

even if we didn't know anything about the history of those songs, just listen to them and compare them to the UYI demos (the mates rehearsal sessions, for instance). the sound is completely different, and it's evident that it was recorded on a normal tape (actually if you listen closely to "bring it back home" you can see that it was recorded on top of "just another sunday" that wasn't deleted properly - just like an old bad tape recorder would do).

gn'r in 1989 had the best studio conditions to make reasonable demos, as you can hear on the ones available (civil war, dust'n'bones, coma, etc...)

« Last Edit: April 30, 2004, 01:52:39 PM by grabaraxl » Logged
W. Botaxl Rose
Pansy
Banned
Rocker

Hi, I'm Botaxl & I like to cause riots.

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2004, 02:02:17 PM »

My God those are horrible songs. I'm embarressed they are even on bootlegs.

Didn't you used to be Axl Rose? Yowza!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVAGh_zRiO4
badintentions
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2004, 05:05:49 PM »

you're kidding, right?

it is a fact!
just listen to any intro to "bad obsession" during the 1991 tour - "this is a song we wrote 1 year before mr. brownstone".
now if you do the math, brownstone was on appetite, and it was released in 1987, and played on some 1986 shows, that's how i make the 1985/86 date.
and then, i got a copy of those demos in 1989, so it would be kinda hard to get them the same year they were recorded (no internet at that time!).
"crash diet" is also from around 1985, as stated on an Asphalt Ballet interview (Axl co-wrote that song with the guitarrist from that band, and you can hear their version on the album "pigs").

even if we didn't know anything about the history of those songs, just listen to them and compare them to the UYI demos (the mates rehearsal sessions, for instance). the sound is completely different, and it's evident that it was recorded on a normal tape (actually if you listen closely to "bring it back home" you can see that it was recorded on top of "just another sunday" that wasn't deleted properly - just like an old bad tape recorder would do).

gn'r in 1989 had the best studio conditions to make reasonable demos, as you can hear on the ones available (civil war, dust'n'bones, coma, etc...)

some of those songs may have been WRITTEN in 85 but if we are talking about the same batch of songs (sentimental movie, crash diet, bad obsession, the garden (without alice), bring it back home, too much too soon, just another sunday etc. they were recorded in 1989 at rumbo studios. i guarentee it!
GitFuckedUp
Humble as a mumble in the jungle of shouts and screams
Rocker

Downpresser man, where you gonna run to?

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2004, 03:37:01 AM »

Why would they use a drum machine if Steven was still in the band? That proves it.

-Catch you on the flip-floP-
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: