Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 03:21:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227913 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Will Buckethead be back for a new tour?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Will Buckethead be back for a new tour?  (Read 17577 times)
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #140 on: February 19, 2006, 04:18:07 PM »

well     i think  the bucket/slash thing is just a matter of taste.....

imo both are great...  and both have their pro`s and con`s

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
BOILER GUNZ
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #141 on: February 19, 2006, 04:21:17 PM »

well? ? ?i think? the bucket/slash thing is just a matter of taste.....

imo both are great...? and both have their pro`s and con`s

Agreed.
Spot-On dude.
lastroots
« Reply #142 on: February 19, 2006, 04:32:31 PM »

didn't read the whole thread, but here's my opinion:

If they use Buckt's parts for the album, he has to come back. Simple as that. They can't do the most anticipated comeback of all time with an album on which most of the lead guitar parts where done by someone who isn't in the band.

But my guess is that they needed all the time since 2004 to redo his parts.  You can clearly hear his influence and style on the three leaked songs. It's all over them. I guess there was a whole lot of writing and recording to do when he left.

And, yes, personally I'd like to see him back since I absolutely love his solo work and I think he fits the band very well.

But on the other hand, if its true what was said about him I really doubt his return.

/lastroots
W 23 AXL II
VIP

I like A minor more so than C major

« Reply #143 on: February 19, 2006, 07:26:05 PM »

i agree......real dumb move to have BH on CD but not have him in the band.....i mean, wasn't that why we were delayed a few more yrs to begin with, to replace BH and his parts?!?!?!?!?!?!

IMO, i DO NOT want BH on anything GnR.....amazing player, but not right for Axl and this Nu GnR......GnR needs emotion, NOT a million notes a minute....BH is a solo act.....GnR is a band led by the greatest front-man my generation (I'm 29) has EVER seen or WILL EVER see.....

DO NOT RELASE CD WITH BH ON IT, please!!!!! replace his parts!!!!!
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #144 on: February 19, 2006, 07:34:05 PM »

fuck no, do you how long that will take?? release it NOW.. i love bh's parts...

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
W 23 AXL II
VIP

« Reply #145 on: February 19, 2006, 07:36:55 PM »

well, i thought they were doing that, replacing BH's parts, in 2003, 2004, 2005....HuhHuh this should be done already...

LOL.....did i say this should have been done already?? lol...sorry, i forgot, its gnr
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #146 on: February 19, 2006, 08:29:11 PM »

... who knows

maybe he is.

Lips Sealed
so slash and BH are back in the band? confused You've become one of the most annoying people here. The way you spew this attitude of having inside info is pathetic. You were actually a good poster until you started doing that.

conny
« Reply #147 on: February 19, 2006, 08:33:15 PM »

TWAT: 4:53 - 5:25 that is Buckethead, it's missing in the shorter version that leaked first.
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #148 on: February 19, 2006, 08:35:26 PM »

People seem to forget that when slash burst on the scene with GNR he was a big ball of hair , face hidden behind it with a huge oversize tophat on his head. He was just as much a character as buckethead , he even had/has a nicname "slash".

meh.

I just really think axl and buckethead woulda been HUGE together , the press woulda really latched onto them as a "duo" not unlike how they latched onto slash and axl ... sigh

Buckethead brought that element to the band that , filled that void that such an over the top characther like slash left behind when he quit. Bucket was THE man for this band.

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #149 on: February 19, 2006, 08:37:47 PM »

How can you miss him since they haven't done anything since hes been gone? Undecided
I have an even better question to the BH haters: How can you say theyre better without him when they haven't done anything since he left?

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #150 on: February 19, 2006, 08:38:47 PM »

Buckethead=great contributor for GNR musically; bad for the overall comraderie

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #151 on: February 19, 2006, 08:43:36 PM »

Buckethead=great contributor for GNR musically; bad for the overall comraderie

I'm not convinced that was Bucket was the problem.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
madagas
« Reply #152 on: February 19, 2006, 08:48:03 PM »

Gnfr, The music is all that counts.......not image or beer drinking ability, the finished work is all that counts-the album. How anyone could listen to these three leaks and not see Bucket's importance to the band is beyond me.  Undecided
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #153 on: February 19, 2006, 08:53:50 PM »

Buckethead brought that element to the band that , filled that void that such an over the top characther like slash left behind when he quit. Bucket was THE man for this band.
I agree. BH's presence took some of the focus and pressure off of Axl. Anyone who doesn't believe should read back issues for the past 4 years of Blender. When mentioning GNR, his pic was in there just as much as Axl's. NEVER any other member. It would have been special if he could have been involved when the album is out. The coolness factor of a GNR video dropped considerably the day BH left.

misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #154 on: February 19, 2006, 08:57:06 PM »

I agree. BH's presence took some of the focus and pressure off of Axl. Anyone who doesn't believe should read back issues for the past 4 years of Blender. When mentioning GNR, his pic was in there just as much as Axl's. NEVER any other member. It would have been special if he could have been involved when the album is out. The coolness factor of a GNR video dropped considerably the day BH left.

I always felt Tommy was the cool factor and Bucket was the carnival, sideshow, road side accident you can't take your eyes off of factor... and I mean that in a good way.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2006, 08:59:35 PM by misterID » Logged

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #155 on: February 19, 2006, 09:01:32 PM »

I always felt Tommy was the cool factor and Bucket the carnival, sideshow, road side accident you can't take your eyes off of... and I mean that in a good way.

Thats what I meant. He was a strong presence, and offered something huge for this band. Everyone wasnt constantly looking at Axl, you had to look and see what the 'freakshow' was doing. Him leaving is a huge loss. Remember that rumour a long time ago about gnr filming a video in china? That would have been cool. A BH solo while standing on the great wall of china would have looked just as cool as any of the slash solo video footage.

misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #156 on: February 19, 2006, 09:13:14 PM »

I really wouldn't be surprised if he did come back. Tommy basically said that no one got along with Bucket, he would only talk to Axl and the climate was better since he left. But from everything I've read the band was hardly, if ever, in the same room together throughout the entire recording process. Even when Axl kind of dogged Bucket in his statement he still left the door open (we're still negotiating) so you never know.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #157 on: February 19, 2006, 09:34:07 PM »

I truely hope Bucket comes back.. but I doubt it.

and I seriously doubt they would keep Buckets work on CD and not have him in the band. Just weird.. =/.

And what Saul said.. that Slash was basically as much of a character as Bucket.. very true.

gnrevolution.com
W 23 AXL II
VIP

« Reply #158 on: February 19, 2006, 10:26:37 PM »

JamesLofton.....i agree...BH took over Slash's HUGE ROLE very well....axl had another star in slash, and he found another star in BH....robins not a star.....right now, all we have is batman, no robin.     (no pun intended)
Shoeboy
Headliner

Got my mojo workin'...

« Reply #159 on: February 20, 2006, 12:31:21 AM »

I could care less about BH; shredders are a dime a dozen. 

However, despite his whole freak show image, there is a guy under there with a brain, and I figure he can see that coming back would be a smart move.  So, in that way I suppose it's possible on his end.  The real question is, would Axl want him back?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: