Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 05:55:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227843 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  VR To Release 'Melody And The Tyranny' EP
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: VR To Release 'Melody And The Tyranny' EP  (Read 75627 times)
ZRO
Rocker

Does this look infected?

« Reply #260 on: June 19, 2007, 03:49:34 AM »

I think this EP is definitely a Cash Grab and I will silently protest by not buying it.

I got a New Bon Jovi CD coming out Tuesday that will more than hold me over till Libertad and CD come out.

NO way Id drop more for an EP *Which is a glorified Maxi Single* than a cd for basically 2 songs.

That is what the computer is for. ok

Yeah, making 5,000 copies of an EP released only to Europe is a real cash grab. I'm sure they're laughing their way to the bank with all the MILLIONS they're making off of it  Roll Eyes

then again, you're a Bon Jovi fan...
monkeychow
VIP

How's that for provocation?

« Reply #261 on: June 19, 2007, 06:15:47 AM »

Especially since they stole it from GNR:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goA8Z6Q38wM

'Stole' it from GnR? You seem to forget that three of the VR guys were GnR, hell, probably came up with the tag for all we know.

peace Hey sorry man...i should have mentioned I was being a bit sarcastic.

I simply mentioned it because a lot of the VR bashers around here like to make a big song and noise about the dangerous tag, when really the only reason it was used for VR was that the markers realised that half the band was in GNR.

Now before 100 people go and post it, i admit VR arn't dangerous in the sense that they are in their 40s....but really if we look at it...the most dangerous thing about that GNR add from 1988 was axl's hairproduct and the drugs everyone in the band used to take. Its just a marketing slogan both bands have used over the times and I'm sick of people using it as an excuse to bash VR. All i'm saying is that if VR are lame to use it, so are GNR.

I will never forget the lineup that made the GNR records!

No doubt Jim Bob and others will tell me its been 15 years and to leave or whatever. But to me....the reason I like GNR is the records, and that will make me a fan of slash and co even after they're all dead. Same way I like hendrix and stuff even though he's not exactly touring.

St.heathen
VIP

I Won't Be Told Anymore

« Reply #262 on: June 19, 2007, 06:27:05 AM »

We hardcore VR fans can't be against the band wanting to make money of their small fan base.

All those Contraband editions to help it sell multi-platinum,? canceling shows because they weren't making enough money on them....

It's all part of being a dangerous unpredictable rock band, I mean, the last real rock band in the world.

/jarmo

The bickering on here is ridiculous. ? I haven't been on here for months because of it (and the censoring) and i'll stay away from now on. ?Jarmo you may have created this site and for years it was the place to come to, after Lost Rose and those early sites closed. Every fan that has registered and debated over the years made this site what it ..was. ?So for you to censor people and to constantly dig at the bands ppl are here to talk about ...members of which created the band and the reason this site was ever created .. just looks unprofessional and embaressing. ?If the fans leave and stop debating you wont have a site....because the is never alot in the way of news when it comes to the new GNR....?

Slash will always be known as Slash from GNR because the music they created was so amazing. ?And the current GNR band are still earning off (by touring). ?Most of us just enjoy it all. We can enjoy VR and the new GNR and check out Adler or Gilby....etc. ?There really is no need for fans to feel the need to take sides and i dont think you should encourage it. ?Because as much as u censor others ...which is pretty dodgy territory to be censoring people in the modern world. ?But you should lead by example because these are the people that made this site, to be the site the fans came to.

You dont think the record company aren't going to milk every penny they can get from CD? I can imagine they will release it in as many ways possible to get back that $13 mill. ?

GNR used to talk themselves up all the time and Axl's made statements that you can see contradict the truth a little ..who fucking cares? It's music let's just judge on what we see and hear these bands create and release. And enjoy it!?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 06:30:39 AM by St.heathen » Logged

It's a mass of confusion like the lies they sell to you !
cfcsfc
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #263 on: June 19, 2007, 06:45:36 AM »

Especially since they stole it from GNR:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goA8Z6Q38wM

'Stole' it from GnR? You seem to forget that three of the VR guys were GnR, hell, probably came up with the tag for all we know.

peace Hey sorry man...i should have mentioned I was being a bit sarcastic.

I simply mentioned it because a lot of the VR bashers around here like to make a big song and noise about the dangerous tag, when really the only reason it was used for VR was that the markers realised that half the band was in GNR.

Now before 100 people go and post it, i admit VR arn't dangerous in the sense that they are in their 40s....but really if we look at it...the most dangerous thing about that GNR add from 1988 was axl's hairproduct and the drugs everyone in the band used to take. Its just a marketing slogan both bands have used over the times and I'm sick of people using it as an excuse to bash VR. All i'm saying is that if VR are lame to use it, so are GNR.

I will never forget the lineup that made the GNR records!

No doubt Jim Bob and others will tell me its been 15 years and to leave or whatever. But to me....the reason I like GNR is the records, and that will make me a fan of slash and co even after they're all dead. Same way I like hendrix and stuff even though he's not exactly touring.

Ah see what you mean  ok
I agree about it being just a marketing slogan, and people shouldn't read too much into it.
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #264 on: June 19, 2007, 08:40:05 AM »

Why is it so hard for people to stay out of this section if they are not a fan of this band? Same goes for the Guns section Roll Eyes

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #265 on: June 19, 2007, 09:20:11 AM »

No vendetta. Can't disappoint Booker.

He's got a need to post quotes taken out of context and this is the perfect place for him to run around quoting me in.

hihi

/jarmo

So, in order to do this, you have to take cheap shots at VR?? ? ? ? ?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 09:25:36 AM by lynn1961 » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #266 on: June 19, 2007, 09:49:28 AM »

Cheap shots?

Define that.

As far as I can tell, I'm presenting my opinion as a Guns N' Roses fan on this band (featuring three former Guns N' Roses members) on a Guns N' Roses message board.

I don't see VR as my darling Scott's new band. I see them as the band featuring three guys who used to be in GN'R.

With all the shit they seem to talk, they have a lot to prove. They got away with a lot in 2004 because I had high hopes for them and because the band does feature the three mentioned ex-members. But then I was let down and obviously I'm way more critical now.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #267 on: June 19, 2007, 09:52:31 AM »

We hardcore VR fans can't be against the band wanting to make money of their small fan base.

All those Contraband editions to help it sell multi-platinum,? canceling shows because they weren't making enough money on them....

It's all part of being a dangerous unpredictable rock band, I mean, the last real rock band in the world.

/jarmo

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #268 on: June 19, 2007, 09:59:09 AM »

Are you the new Booker?

Those so called cheap shots are what the band themselves have said/done.

If you don't like me to point out how they're the last real rock band, then maybe if they didn't pass themselves off as that I wouldn't.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
cfcsfc
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #269 on: June 19, 2007, 10:01:48 AM »

Cheap shots?

Define that.

As far as I can tell, I'm presenting my opinion as a Guns N' Roses fan on this band (featuring three former Guns N' Roses members) on a Guns N' Roses message board.

I don't see VR as my darling Scott's new band. I see them as the band featuring three guys who used to be in GN'R.

With all the shit they seem to talk, they have a lot to prove. They got away with a lot in 2004 because I had high hopes for them and because the band does feature the three mentioned ex-members. But then I was let down and obviously I'm way more critical now.

/jarmo

If you're critical, cynical, bitter or whatever; why bother posting in this section? Moderate it, fine, but there are two threads in here that in the last day or so have pretty much been turned into bashings by interventions from you and a few more.
Shit they seem to talk? The way I see it it's just natural band promotion. And if you want to bring that up, again there's the obvious comparison with the shit spewed by the GnR camp, but thats just my oppinion "as a GnR fan on a GnR board". And far out- stop taking quotes so seriously and to hart (ie- 'The last real rock band'). It's just a slogan for marketing.
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #270 on: June 19, 2007, 10:06:44 AM »

No, I am not "the new Booker", dear.....I just feel like you are not really hearing what some people are trying to say, here. ? ?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #271 on: June 19, 2007, 10:10:57 AM »

It's just a slogan for marketing.

So you agree that this band is very much about the image?

Wink

No, I am not "the new Booker", dear.....I just feel like you are not really hearing what some people are trying to say, here.     

I get it. You're upset because I question your favorite band.

I shouldn't post here.

Once again, I need tor remind you that this is not a VR forum. This is a Guns N' Roses message board.

I would assume that you're here because you love Guns N' Roses?

Some might be interested in what the former members have moved onto after they left the band and that's why this section is here.

This section isn't here for you to tell us we can't say Scott Weiland is nowhere near as good of a front man as let's say Bono. We don't have to love VR.

Simply because this isn't a fucking Velvet Revolver site.

If you want Scott Weiland appreciation, use Google.

/jarmo

cfcsfc
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #272 on: June 19, 2007, 10:18:56 AM »

It's just a slogan for marketing.

So you agree that this band is very much about the image?

Wink

/jarmo

Aren't all bands? Don't they all need promotion? You seem to think VR are unique in that they market themselves. Your rationing is the same as saying that (new) Guns N' Roses is just an image. They aren't the GnR everyone knows, but the name is what is recognised and is what is marketed for concerts etc. Aren't they all about image then?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #273 on: June 19, 2007, 10:21:26 AM »

Yes, image is important these days.

Some just do it more than others.

/jarmo

lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #274 on: June 19, 2007, 10:26:29 AM »

No, you don't get what I'm saying.  I think St. Heathen and cfcsfc said it pretty good, as did a few others.   
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #275 on: June 19, 2007, 10:32:35 AM »

No, you don't get what I'm saying.  I think St. Heathen and cfcsfc said it pretty good, as did a few others.   

So I am allowed to say negative things about VR even though I expect you to say positive things about the band this site is dedicate to (which isn't VR)?

Or are we all supposed to support VR because we support GN'R?

Some of you are here and you definitely don't support GN'R.

/jarmo

cfcsfc
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #276 on: June 19, 2007, 10:43:11 AM »

Some of you are here and you definitely don't support GN'R.

/jarmo

Roll Eyes

No idea if that was aimed at me, or who ever, and don't really care either. I don't, nor should anyone here, have to justify my 'support' to anyone, sufice to say I recently spent $300 to see GnR at both Sydney shows, rate them as my favourite band, follow their tours, news, etc, etc; whatever.

It's not about 'supporting' one band or the other. As someone put it well in one of the threads that have been turned into this banter crap, people (like you) who come into this section with the attitude you display make it seem like you need to pick a side- either with us or against us, in a way. Why the fuck is it like that? Let people 'support' both bands.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #277 on: June 19, 2007, 10:44:26 AM »

It wasn't aimed at you.

It was aimed at people who come to a Guns N' Roses message board and clearly don't support the band.

They might support one former member or something that existed 15-20 years ago.

People can be fans of both. That's fine.

But don't assume everybody here loves everything VR does just because three former GN'R members are in the band. That's the problem you guys have.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 10:46:08 AM by jarmo » Logged

cfcsfc
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #278 on: June 19, 2007, 10:54:40 AM »

It wasn't aimed at you.

It was aimed at people who come to a Guns N' Roses message board and clearly don't support the band.

They might support one former member or something that existed 15-20 years ago.

People can be fans of both. That's fine.

But don't assume everybody here loves everything VR does just because three former GN'R members are in the band. That's the problem you guys have.

/jarmo

Man, I have no problem with people not liking VR's stuff. But it seems like most of the time when people who don't like them come into threads, it's just for the purpose of stiring the pot. Prime example- the thread where a fan met the band in Finland- it would be an awesome experiance for any VR (and Gunners) fan. But one little remark, which could have been misinterprited or misquoted or anything, turned that thread about an awesome experience into a mess of banter.
If you don't like the band, fine, but there really is the feeling of 'pick a side' when a number of non-fans start attacking. I assume (apart from a small few) we are all GnR fans, old or new. There's no need for a 'us or them' mentality. That's the main problem I think.
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #279 on: June 19, 2007, 10:59:05 AM »

I bet the gut who threw the beer at the Brisbane gig was a VR fan! (notice past tense)  hihi

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: