Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 09:16:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227844 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GNR Plans For 08?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR Plans For 08?  (Read 8333 times)
ComeOnAxl!
Rocker

Sup Ya Brew 2 !

« on: January 23, 2008, 06:57:21 PM »

With the rumours of a 08 Release, why don't the guys crack on with a World Tour, i know its not as simple as that but the last two years, the guys have toured and maybe a mammoth tour this year could gather momentum for a 08 release, at the end of the Year. ?

Bow!
Chief
Legend

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 07:36:34 PM »

um, at this point, i think all they are concerned about is getting the thing out!!!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 07:58:56 PM »

Now, now, play nice.  Yeah a tour would be nice.  The album would be nicer.  Let's focus on that first and foremost.  Although IF the record company really is gonna hold up the release someone's gonna have to figure out some way to release the beast.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
lakersaregreat
Ever get the feeling you've seen me here before?
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2008, 08:03:41 PM »

a few one-off gigs would be nice (*fingers crossed*)

Drink n' drive white lightning, faster baby...
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2008, 08:12:01 PM »

a few one-off gigs would be nice (*fingers crossed*)

Some high profile gigs to get the most mileage would be a smart move. Something nationally televised to remind people GNR is still active and to erase the 02 VMA performance ( that was the last time GNR did something on TV in the US.)

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2008, 08:31:28 PM »

I just read that Metallica is delaying their album till sept so could we see say a May June release for CD and Metallica in sept 2008 could be the year Rock Returned.  Geffen should put this out before Metallica releases in sept or dare I say it could steal Chinese Democracy's number Huh? or better yet have a Guns n Roses Metallica Tour.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
CaughtMeInaComa
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2008, 08:36:15 PM »

I just read that Metallica is delaying their album till sept so could we see say a May June release for CD and Metallica in sept 2008 could be the year Rock Returned.  Geffen should put this out before Metallica releases in sept or dare I say it could steal Chinese Democracy's number Huh? or better yet have a Guns n Roses Metallica Tour.
Release GN'R and Metallica Within a month or two of each other, just like in '91 with UYI and  The Black Album. That would really be awsome!
I can only Hope!
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2008, 09:09:16 PM »

Whenever the album comes out I think I'm going to have a heart attack. Seeing the cover and tracklist would be enough to give me shortness of breath and make my arm tense up.  Tongue
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2008, 09:13:22 PM »

Now, now, play nice.  Yeah a tour would be nice.  The album would be nicer.  Let's focus on that first and foremost.  Although IF the record company really is gonna hold up the release someone's gonna have to figure out some way to release the beast.

I'd be cheaper to get a video done by their own staff and release through myspace and facebook for exposure. If it is a huge success, the record company will have no choice but to follow with a proper release unless they want to be seen as proper behind the wagon cretins.

Nothing to say
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2008, 09:55:07 PM »

As of my last post I would also use 5 diffrent ways for exposure of the album in 2008.

1. MTV- Video only maybe a special
2. Myspace
3. Offical Website
4. I Tunes
5. Appearances

Music Video wise I would suggest a setting of introducing the new members with a break up story to the song  Better.   Have the video start off with Axl breaking up with stephanie and then the break up of the band and then have Axl doing a live performance with cut scenes of him having trouble with the girl and band and saying should of known better ( hint the songs lyrics) I think it would be a great idea for a video.  Then have the band playing in an empty room maybe like their rehearsing the song type of atomosphere and just have shots of Axl, Tommy, Chris, Richard, Robin, Frank, BBF, Dizzy the whole band playing the song.

PUT ME IN CHARGE OF THE PROJECT !!!! PLEASE GEFFEN !!! HA HA ok im done for the night.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2008, 09:58:44 PM »

As of my last post I would also use 5 diffrent ways for exposure of the album in 2008.

1. MTV- Video only maybe a special
2. Myspace
3. Offical Website
4. I Tunes
5. Appearances

Music Video wise I would suggest a setting of introducing the new members with a break up story to the song  Better.   Have the video start off with Axl breaking up with stephanie and then the break up of the band and then have Axl doing a live performance with cut scenes of him having trouble with the girl and band and saying should of known better ( hint the songs lyrics) I think it would be a great idea for a video.  Then have the band playing in an empty room maybe like their rehearsing the song type of atomosphere and just have shots of Axl, Tommy, Chris, Richard, Robin, Frank, BBF, Dizzy the whole band playing the song.

PUT ME IN CHARGE OF THE PROJECT !!!! PLEASE GEFFEN !!! HA HA ok im done for the night.

someone give me some of whatever he's on?

but in reality, for promotion (I know I'm just a fan, but hey, I think our opinions count)...

Like the previous poster said, MySpace and Offical Site should be big. Lots of promotion on MySpace, front page banners and promotion out the ass on there. Revamp the official site and have news weekly, specials on there like tour dates *cough cough, for 08 *cough*. Then some articles and band info and crap, stuff official sites should have.

Appearances galore. Leno, Letterman, Kimmel, etc. All the talk shows and stuff. Play the MTV VMA's again, I don't care. I'd just love to see GNR out there again in the full public view for everyone again, back on top of rock.
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2008, 10:51:17 PM »

i still stand by my statement in another thread that if they changed the skin on the login page of myspace and facebook, they would reach just about everyone in high school and facebook about the release. but whatever, i hate to be pessimistic but mainstream rock's too soft nowadays; i don't see CD selling as well as we all expect it to.

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2008, 11:10:15 PM »

iTunes is a must. Apple is selling digital music like hotcakes and lawd knows the Apple fanboys will buy anything Apple endorses.

Call it selling out or whatever but I think a GNR iTunes commercial would be hotness.
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2008, 11:19:13 PM »

NO MORE TOURS!

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2008, 11:25:13 PM »

NO MORE TOURS!

MORE TOURS! (plus album)
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2008, 11:33:04 PM »

MORE TOURS ! ! ! (regardless of album)
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2008, 11:42:57 PM »

NO MORE TOURS!

I honestly can't understand that.   I'd love to get to see GnR this year.
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2008, 11:48:45 PM »

ok maybe tour BUT RELEASE ALBUM FIRST! so that way us poor fuckers can enjoy Grin

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2008, 12:17:46 AM »

I don't think that the band just took the 2nd half of the year off last year for the fun of it. I'm sure the goal was to get it released before Christmas.

So it'd only make sense that next time they tour it's in support of the album.
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2008, 12:35:08 AM »

THIS would be a great place to launch a tour to support the release. (just wishing with fingers crossed)

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: