Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 03:14:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash to play with Alice Cooper - May 9
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash to play with Alice Cooper - May 9  (Read 3579 times)
remcognr
Rocker

#remcognr

« on: April 11, 2008, 04:59:49 AM »

Apparently Slash is playing a show with Alice Cooper (and former Slash's Snakepit & Adler's Appetite guitarist Keri Kelli) at the Henry Fonda Theatre in Hollywood on May 9. Check out the poster here: http://www.henryfondatheater.com/2008/05_09_poster.html

Camp Freddy, with Matt, is on the bill as well.

and more info on the concert on the grammy.com site:

http://www.grammy.com/Musicares/

remco

"There's A Lot Goin'On"

Check out my GN'R collection on insta: www.instagram.com/remcognr
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 05:23:26 AM »

Wonder who's going to sing?

Fuck 'Em All.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 08:18:58 AM »

Wonder who's going to sing?

Donovan Leitch and a few special guests.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2008, 09:51:08 AM »

Slash is one of Alice's favorite guitar players ever!
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2008, 12:26:02 PM »

Slash is one of Alice's favorite guitar players ever!

Yeah he says he's his favorite when Slash plays on "A fistful of Alice". Man I wish I could go to that show.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2008, 12:35:57 PM »

That is a cool poster, and it is for a good cause.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=51122.0

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2008, 08:54:17 PM »

Big names to jam with Crazy James

Friday, April 11, 2008
BY JAY LUSTIG
Star-Ledger Staff

POP/ROCK

The little-known hard-rock band Crazy James will play Thursday night with some all-star musicians at New York's Nokia Theatre. The show's lineup includes members of some of the biggest rock bands of the last 20 years -- people like Slash (Guns N' Roses, Velvet Revolver), Tom Morello (Rage Against the Machine, Audioslave), Jerry Cantrell (Alice in Chains) and Perry Farrell (Jane's Addiction). Some or possibly all will play with Crazy James.

Ryan, one of Crazy James' guitarists, isn't daunted.

"We've met so many famous people or celebrities who are musicians, or actors, or TV stars," says Ryan, 19, who grew up in Morristown and now lives in New York. "This is definitely going to be a step up. But, I think it was like a month ago, I played with Trey Anastasio from Phish. That was a really amazing moment, having a guitar jam with someone of his stature."

The show is a benefit for -- as well as a 10th anniversary celebration of -- Road Recovery. This New York-based organization's mission is to help young people battle addition by offering education and mentoring from entertainment-industry professionals working in conjunction with substance-abuse clinicians.

Road Recovery founder Gene Bowen, a former tour manager for Jeff Buckley and other artists, says the organization's idea is to "take the power of the music industry -- specifically people who had dealt with personal adversity in their life -- and use that for good."

Crazy James came together as part of a Road Recovery program. (Ryan asks that his last name not be used because anonymity is important to the Road Recovery philosophy.)

There is no set lineup -- different Road Recovery participants appear at different Crazy James shows. Some, like Ryan, have been playing for years. Others just started.

"At any given time it could be up to 20 members performing," Bowen says. "No one has to have any musical ability. They just have to have the desire to be a part of it, so however they want to be involved -- whether it's shaking a tambourine, or learning an instrument -- they are."

The band has recorded an album, "Out By 9" and, in songs like "I'll Drink to That" and "Disease," tackles the subject of addiction head on.

"There's a whole bunch of topics," Ryan says. "But recovery is very definitely a strong one in our band."

Thursday's show, which will also feature performers ranging from comedian-actor Denis Leary (performing with his band the Crown Royals) to Sen Dog of the rap group Cypress Hill, is part of Morello's "Justice Tour." This two-week, seven-city tour is intended to spread the word about a variety of causes.

There will be different lineups in different cities, but all the shows will be modeled on the loose, guest-studded jams Morello regularly presents at Los Angeles' Hotel Cafe.

"Any stretch of time, I'll pick three Tuesdays in a row," Morello says. "I just go through my BlackBerry and invite my friends who are in town to come down, and everybody plays a short set of their own music or whatever they want to do. And as the night builds, different combinations of musicians play together to a raucous conclusion."

He is planning to sit in with Crazy James in New York. Beyond that, though, he couldn't comment on which musicians might play together or what the material might be.

"Part of the glory of these things is we don't plan that far ahead," he says. "There's a lot of spontaneity and that keeps it fresh."

For information on Road Recovery, visit roadrecovery.org. Jay Lustig may be reached at jlustig@starledger.com or (973) 392-5850.

http://www.nj.com/entertainment/ledger/index.ssf?/base/entertainment-2/1207888624256630.xml&coll=1

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2008, 07:43:41 PM »

^^A little more info.

Road Recovery. What: A benefit with Slash, Tom Morello, Jerry Cantrell, Perry Farrell, Wayne Kramer, Denis Leary and the Crown Royals, Joseph Arthur, Crazy James, Sen Dog, Ours. Where: Nokia Theatre, Broadway and 44th Street, New York. When: 7 p.m. Thursday. How much: $25-$250. Call (201) 507-8900 or visit ticketmaster.com.

http://www.nj.com/entertainment/music/index.ssf/2008/04/big_names_to_jam_with_crazy_ja.html

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2008, 07:26:36 PM »

TOM MORELLO Joined By SLASH, PERRY FARRELL At 'Justice Tour' Kick-Off; Video Available - Apr. 16, 2008

The Pulse of Radio reports that RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE guitarist Tom Morello kicked off his Justice Tour '08 at the Troubadour nightclub in Los Angeles Tuesday night (April 15), leading a lineup of guest musicians that included VELVET REVOLVER guitarist Slash, former JANE'S ADDICTION leader Perry Farrell, bassist Flea of RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS, Davey Havok of A.F.I. and others.

As with each date on the two-week tour, the show raised money for a local organization dedicated to issues of social justice, which Morello told The Pulse of Radio a little about. "The proceeds from the show go to benefit an organization called People Assisting The Homeless ? PATH ? which doesn't just provide shelter and food for homeless people in Southern California," he said. "It does that, but also helps get them back on the road to not being homeless, and to be able to save money and to get affordable housing. It's really, it's a wonderful organization."

The next show will take place on Thursday (April 17) in New York City and benefits an organization called Road Recovery. Expected performers include ALICE IN CHAINS guitarist Jerry Cantrell, Slash, Perry Farrell, MC5 co-founder Wayne Kramer and more.

Each stop will include a day of activism focused on an issue central to that city. The New Orleans visit will tackle housing, peace and veterans'care will be the subject in Washington D.C. and health care will be in the spotlight in Boston, to name just a few. The tour wraps up on May 1 in Chicago.

Meanwhile, Morello and RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE are scheduled to headline Chicago's Lollapalooza festival in early August, but Morello said that the group may also perform at protests surrounding the Democratic convention in Denver and the Republican convention in Minneapolis this summer.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fw6xhLn03M0

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2008, 02:05:51 AM »

HOLY FUCKING SHIT, THAT SHIT WAS NUTS WHEN VAI, SLASH, AND MORELLO ALL TRADED OFF EACH OTHER.. WOW!!!!  THANKS FUNKY MONKEY!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2008, 06:31:12 PM »

Ferrel, Morello, Slash And More Rock For Recovery

April 18, 2008, 1:20 PM EST
Wes Orshoski, N.Y.

Slash, Tom Morello, Jerry Cantrell, Perry Farrell, MC5 guitarist Wayne Kramer, Jakob Dylan, Joseph Arthur, Sen Dog of Cypress Hill, Ours and others banded together last night in New York for a concert marking the tenth anniversary of Road Recovery, an organization that helps former drug-addicted and alcoholic children get past their addiction through music................

Throughout the night, fans chanted "Guns 'N Roses," not knowing that the finale was indeed a GNR anthem, "Paradise City," which brought nearly the entire cast of musicians, from the kids to the professionals, back onstage.

Video: Paradise City Road Recovery Benefit @ Nokia Theater NYC 04.17.08

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVW87Fkgmzc

Complete article here: http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003791401

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2008, 07:07:33 PM »

Ferrel, Morello, Slash And More Rock For Recovery

April 18, 2008, 1:20 PM EST
Wes Orshoski, N.Y.

Slash, Tom Morello, Jerry Cantrell, Perry Farrell, MC5 guitarist Wayne Kramer, Jakob Dylan, Joseph Arthur, Sen Dog of Cypress Hill, Ours and others banded together last night in New York for a concert marking the tenth anniversary of Road Recovery, an organization that helps former drug-addicted and alcoholic children get past their addiction through music................

Throughout the night, fans chanted "Guns 'N Roses," not knowing that the finale was indeed a GNR anthem, "Paradise City," which brought nearly the entire cast of musicians, from the kids to the professionals, back onstage.

Video: Paradise City Road Recovery Benefit @ Nokia Theater NYC 04.17.08

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVW87Fkgmzc

Complete article here: http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003791401

Well, now we know what Perry Ferrel sounds like singing GNR.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZIPggJJPbU&feature=related

Better angle.  Audio.  Slash fucking rips here...... Fuck.  Awesome outro solo!!!
« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 07:13:49 PM by Smoking Guns » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2008, 07:21:22 PM »

Axl seems to be one singer that is just uncoverable.

Vocals on this are horrible.

If Axl were dead he'd be rolling over in his grave.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2008, 07:29:21 PM »

Thanks Smoking Guns, that video is better.

And I agree with D regarding the vocals. Tongue

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2008, 07:40:59 PM »

Thanks Smoking Guns, that video is better.

And I agree with D regarding the vocals. Tongue

Man, you guys are right.  But Slash rips.  When you cover GNR, its better to try and not sound like Axl, cause there is no way most people ever could.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: