Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 01:54:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227910 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2015 NFL Season
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 32 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2015 NFL Season  (Read 147724 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #360 on: September 28, 2015, 12:46:53 PM »

They might be, i think Romo will be but there's conflicting reports on how long Dez Bryant will be out. I think you're right about that. Bowles said even after Smith his healthy this is Fitzpatrick's team. Hopefully he can continue to play well. The Colts looked really off. Some of that i think was just bad decisions but gotta credit the Jets defense as well. They came up with some big plays. The way the Eagles look i expect the Jets to be able to go there and win they look dreadful. Not sure how good the Texans and Raiders are but i think we can take the G-men. They have blown 2 big 4th quarter leads to start the season 0-2. That doesn't exactly exude confidence in them for me so far. A lot can change though it;s still very early.
Winning on the road in the NFL isn't easy, that's the only reason I point out the games at Oakland and Houston. I don't necessarily think they're good teams, but they could be tough to beat on the road. The Giants are a few plays from being 2-0. As bad as the losses have been, they could still turn things around. Especially in that division.

I'd agree that it would appear the Jets should handle the Eagles this week. They've looked horrible thus far. But things can change quickly and unexpected things happen. Maybe Philly puts things together and the Jets who are flying high right now maybe take them for granted. I'm not expecting it, and I did pick up the Jets D in fantasy FWIW. But it wouldn't shock me. Philly can't be THIS bad, can they?

They certainly looked that bad in the first two weeks. Maybe they can start to turn it around against the Jets.
Jets came back down to earth yesterday, and the Eagles finally got something going. It was almost bound to happen. Especially with the Jets a bit banged up minus Ivory and Decker, and Revis at less than 100%. And Fitzpatrick was due for a few bad decisions, Brandon Marshall chipping in with one terrible play of his own.

Bills bounced back with a big win over the all of a sudden lowly Dolphins yesterday. I thought their defense would be pretty good this year, but they've been pretty awful these last two weeks. There might be a coaching change there pretty quick. They have better talent than they're showing.

The Pats had a ho hum 51-17 victory over the Jags. Got to witness some history at sunny Gillette yesterday. Brady eclipsed 400 career passing TD's. And Gostkowski broke the record for consecutive PAT's made. That record may actually never be broken with the PAT being moved back this season. It's no longer a gimme, as 14 have already been missed this year I think. Next up, bye week for the Pats followed by a trip to Dallas. 2 weeks to prepare for Weeden and that defense that got torched by the Falcons at home yesterday.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #361 on: September 28, 2015, 03:41:41 PM »

Big Ben crying

That's a big loss but I think the Steelers can be OK. Vick is a veteran quaterback with a strong arm. With Bell and Williams carrying the load and the skill position players surrounding Vick at wide receiver and Miller at TE, he should be able to do enough to win some games while Ben is out. I figure Ben will be out 6 weeks and back for the Browns game before they play the seahawks. Or maybe after the Browns game since that is a bye week before Hawks, but I do feel Browns could be a nice tune-up game for him as he gets ready for the rest of the Season.

If Vick plays decently, the running game excels and his passing targets help him out(they have ability to do so) I see Steelers going 3-3 over the next 6 games. Wins over Ravens Thursday, then Chargers, then losses to Cardinals, Chiefs, Bengals, and a win over Raiders. So Big Ben comes back against browns with Steelers sitting at 5-4. With a win there they sit at 6-4 with their last 6 being tough but winnable with Big Ben being back vs. Hawks, Colts, Bengals, Broncos, Ravens, Browns.

I think its far from over for Steelers.

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #362 on: September 28, 2015, 08:59:25 PM »

Big Ben crying

That's a big loss but I think the Steelers can be OK. Vick is a veteran quaterback with a strong arm. With Bell and Williams carrying the load and the skill position players surrounding Vick at wide receiver and Miller at TE, he should be able to do enough to win some games while Ben is out. I figure Ben will be out 6 weeks and back for the Browns game before they play the seahawks. Or maybe after the Browns game since that is a bye week before Hawks, but I do feel Browns could be a nice tune-up game for him as he gets ready for the rest of the Season.

If Vick plays decently, the running game excels and his passing targets help him out(they have ability to do so) I see Steelers going 3-3 over the next 6 games. Wins over Ravens Thursday, then Chargers, then losses to Cardinals, Chiefs, Bengals, and a win over Raiders. So Big Ben comes back against browns with Steelers sitting at 5-4. With a win there they sit at 6-4 with their last 6 being tough but winnable with Big Ben being back vs. Hawks, Colts, Bengals, Broncos, Ravens, Browns.

The problem is this is not Mike Vick from the early to mid 2000's... this is the Michael Vick that when most recently in New York was asked to enter a game and told the coach he didn't know the game plan well enough. He didn't try at all.

Maybe he surprises me, but I don't think he can take advantage of Antonio Brown the same way Ben can, and with such a depleted defense, I don't see a running game scoring enough points to keep up with their competition long term.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #363 on: September 28, 2015, 09:35:20 PM »

Big Ben crying

The problem is this is not Mike Vick from the early to mid 2000's... this is the Michael Vick that when most recently in New York was asked to enter a game and told the coach he didn't know the game plan well enough. He didn't try at all.

Maybe he surprises me, but I don't think he can take advantage of Antonio Brown the same way Ben can, and with such a depleted defense, I don't see a running game scoring enough points to keep up with their competition long term.

I don't know about "depleted" defense. Maybe I'm just being a homer, but I think the Steelers' D has played fairly well given the amount of question marks that were surrounding them heading into the season; Shazier had a 15 tackle outing just last week. Vick isn't exactly the most durable QB either, so I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the Steelers ended up having to bring someone in off the street at some point with Jason Campbell and Kyle Orton now both retired.

I'm trying to stay positive with a "one game at a time approach" and am hoping I don't have to switch my attention to hockey sooner than I normally would  Embarrassed

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #364 on: September 29, 2015, 02:42:29 AM »

Big Ben crying

You are right this isn't Mike Vick from early to mid 2000's and its a good thing for the Steelers he has been in the league for several years and can be a much more competent passer today then he was when he didn't bother to practice or study(his own admission) while with the Falcons. He will also have the added benefit of better offensive coaching than the Jets provided him as well as skill position players that are far better in running back, wide receiver and tight end then what the Jets had available last year. Its not just Brown. It is Bryant(soon to be), Miller, Bell, Williams, and Brown. There should be enough talent for the Steelers to be in decent position in 6 weeks. And its possible Ben comes back much sooner.

Edit: I didn't hear anything about him not being prepared to go into a game last year. I thought he started 4 games in relief of Geno and went 1-3.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 02:46:52 AM by Sober_times » Logged

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #365 on: September 29, 2015, 08:50:46 PM »

You are right this isn't Mike Vick from early to mid 2000's and its a good thing for the Steelers he has been in the league for several years and can be a much more competent passer today then he was when he didn't bother to practice or study(his own admission) while with the Falcons. He will also have the added benefit of better offensive coaching than the Jets provided him as well as skill position players that are far better in running back, wide receiver and tight end then what the Jets had available last year. Its not just Brown. It is Bryant(soon to be), Miller, Bell, Williams, and Brown. There should be enough talent for the Steelers to be in decent position in 6 weeks. And its possible Ben comes back much sooner.

Edit: I didn't hear anything about him not being prepared to go into a game last year. I thought he started 4 games in relief of Geno and went 1-3.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000407939/article/michael-vick-admits-he-was-unprepared-vs-chargers

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #366 on: September 30, 2015, 12:42:05 AM »

My poor Cowboys! this was gonna be our year! Damn!

sorry I missed the Fantasy league... Money leagues and Fanduel have taken all my time it seems.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #367 on: October 02, 2015, 10:26:25 AM »

Was Tomlin's headset on the fritz again last night? That could explain his terrible coaching down the stretch. I get you don't trust your kicker, but those two 4th down plays were horrendous calls. Apparently he thought Mike Vick was 10 years younger and a better option than the best RB in football to pick up a 1st down.

On the subject of Vick. Not only did he not look good last night, he looked dejected. Like he doesn't think he can perform at an acceptable level anymore. Granted it was his first start on a short week, so he could still get better. But last night was not a good sign of things to come. All of a sudden Antonio Brown becomes human when Ben leaves the field.

The Ravens got on the board, and Forsett finally got it going. Flacco has very little to work with on the outside though, especially if Smith is out for any length of time. They battle. Maybe that win gets them going, but it's still a bit of an uphill battle. Looks like the Bengals are in great position going forward in the AFC North.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #368 on: October 02, 2015, 10:28:16 AM »

Was Tomlin's headset on the fritz again last night? That could explain his terrible coaching down the stretch. I get you don't trust your kicker, but those two 4th down plays were horrendous calls. Apparently he thought Mike Vick was 10 years younger and a better option than the best RB in football to pick up a 1st down.

On the subject of Vick. Not only did he not look good last night, he looked dejected. Like he doesn't think he can perform at an acceptable level anymore. Granted it was his first start on a short week, so he could still get better. But last night was not a good sign of things to come. All of a sudden Antonio Brown becomes human when Ben leaves the field.

The Ravens got on the board, and Forsett finally got it going. Flacco has very little to work with on the outside though, especially if Smith is out for any length of time. They battle. Maybe that win gets them going, but it's still a bit of an uphill battle. Looks like the Bengals are in great position going forward in the AFC North.

Tomlin doesn't call the plays... but it's still on him, can't allow ur coordinator to ruin the game there.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #369 on: October 02, 2015, 10:32:13 AM »

Tomlin doesn't call the plays... but it's still on him, can't allow ur coordinator to ruin the game there.
Tomlin decides to go for it. He has a say in what play gets called, and he should no better than leaving it up to Vick. When the Seahawks passed it was Pete Carroll who took the heat. You can't let Tomlin slide and kill Carroll for virtually the same thing. (I'm using the proverbial YOU, not personal).

Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #370 on: October 02, 2015, 10:58:06 AM »

Steelers should have won that game. What a colossal fuck up. As for Vick, he did enough for them to win that game. He protected the ball, made a few plays, and should have gotten out of there with a win. He's been with the team for a month and was starting on a short week. I don't get why they were putting the game in his hands at certain points when he isn't Big Ben. Coaching at times didn't help out their back up QB.

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #371 on: October 02, 2015, 11:43:51 AM »

Scooby missing 1, let alone 2 field goals probably cost the Steelers this game far more than Tomlin/Haley or Vick. He probably should've been gone after he missed 2 during the Pats game, and yet here he remains continuing to cost the team games. 

Vick running on 4th&2 is far more egregious a play call than passing to AB on a 4th&1 as that was a very doable play undone by a poor throw. 
I actually thought Vick played fairly well the first half and was gassed or rattled for the 2nd. He was able to pick up some yardage with his legs which could be an asset going forward, had a nice TD pass to DHB, and what should've been a TD pass to Brown.

Bryant returning next week and a whole week of practice will hopefully bode well for Vick and the Steelers. Revamping the offense, at least in the second half, to a duel threat run-heavy attack to lessen the burden on Vick might be wise.  The Chargers are probably beatable based on what I saw last night, but hopefully this team can gel under Vick with a muderers' row of games on tap after that.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #372 on: October 02, 2015, 11:53:38 AM »

Tomlin decides to go for it. He has a say in what play gets called, and he should no better than leaving it up to Vick. When the Seahawks passed it was Pete Carroll who took the heat. You can't let Tomlin slide and kill Carroll for virtually the same thing. (I'm using the proverbial YOU, not personal).

Oh you are right... it's always on the HC. I blame Carrol completely for handing over that championship.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #373 on: October 03, 2015, 02:03:41 PM »

Oh you are right... it's always on the HC. I blame Carrol completely for handing over that championship.
And oh how I love him for it. Finally won that Super Bowl for the Patriots that eluded him when he coached there in between Parcells and Belichick. Knew you could do it Pete! Maybe the NFL should investigate that. I'm sure there was some type of collusion going on for a former Patriots coach to "hand them" a championship. Couldn't have possibly accomplished all they have over the last 14 years on their own. Nah, not possible.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #374 on: October 05, 2015, 08:33:24 AM »

And oh how I love him for it. Finally won that Super Bowl for the Patriots that eluded him when he coached there in between Parcells and Belichick. Knew you could do it Pete! Maybe the NFL should investigate that. I'm sure there was some type of collusion going on for a former Patriots coach to "hand them" a championship. Couldn't have possibly accomplished all they have over the last 14 years on their own. Nah, not possible.

Oh come on ! In that moment... they received a gift from the heavens... I am not taking away anything they have accomplished on the field with Tom brady... he is a man amongst boys.

But gimme a break... when they threw that ball..in that spot... we were all dumbfounded... and forever will be.

Great win for BIG BLUE yesterday... and with the romo injury... could turn in to some smooth sailing...

I hope Brady and the boys lay the pipe in Big D this week !

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #375 on: October 05, 2015, 10:05:10 AM »

Oh come on ! In that moment... they received a gift from the heavens... I am not taking away anything they have accomplished on the field with Tom brady... he is a man amongst boys.

But gimme a break... when they threw that ball..in that spot... we were all dumbfounded... and forever will be.

Great win for BIG BLUE yesterday... and with the romo injury... could turn in to some smooth sailing...

I was just having some fun. You know damn well that there are a lot of people out there who refuse to give the Patriots any credit for their decade plus of dominance. Just pointing that out.

Amazing what a couple weeks can do. Giants look like the prohibitive favorite in the division now. Cowboys keep falling like flies. Eagles returned to messiness. And the Redskins just aren't very good. The NFC East could give the AFC South a run for their money this year.

What's with all the horrible kickers this year? Did the new PAT distance mess with their heads. Easy FG's being missed left and right. A good QB is obviously key, but the importance of having a good kicker is becoming more clear with each missed kick. Another blessing for the Patriots having two of the best ever the last 20 years. I take that for granted sometimes.

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #376 on: October 05, 2015, 10:35:04 AM »

Big Ben eyeing an October 25 return against the Chiefs.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #377 on: October 05, 2015, 12:22:10 PM »

I was just having some fun. You know damn well that there are a lot of people out there who refuse to give the Patriots any credit for their decade plus of dominance. Just pointing that out.

Amazing what a couple weeks can do. Giants look like the prohibitive favorite in the division now. Cowboys keep falling like flies. Eagles returned to messiness. And the Redskins just aren't very good. The NFC East could give the AFC South a run for their money this year.

What's with all the horrible kickers this year? Did the new PAT distance mess with their heads. Easy FG's being missed left and right. A good QB is obviously key, but the importance of having a good kicker is becoming more clear with each missed kick. Another blessing for the Patriots having two of the best ever the last 20 years. I take that for granted sometimes.

The place kickers have been atrocious!! Saints covered last night for me because he missed that chip shot... so that one worked out well.  Smiley

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #378 on: October 05, 2015, 12:55:36 PM »

So Philbin was fired. I figured Dolphin's would give up on him in week 7 or later, not in week 2. At least I can laugh at all those idiots who predicted they would still be undefeated by this point.  rofl

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #379 on: October 05, 2015, 01:17:31 PM »

The Dolphins looked terrible yesterday, for the most part. I'm surprised they were able to keep that game as close as they did. The Jets should've housed them. I thought they'd be the Patriots biggest competitor in the division this year. Tannehill looked decent last year, and I figured their defense would be quite good this year. The D has been terrible, they have zero running game, Tannehill was under constant pressure yesterday. They are a mess, like many teams in the NF. I know it's early, but there appear to be far more bad to mediocre teams than really good teams.

The Cardinals were brought down to earth a bit yesterday, but I still think they are for real. St. Louis is a good team, and the teams obviously know each other well. The Broncos escaped again. Their defense is really good, but their offense is still working out the kinks. Their running game is still searching and Manning is still throwing an awful lot of bad passes. It's going to bite them sooner or later.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 32 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: