Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 02:15:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227843 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2015 NFL Season
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 32 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2015 NFL Season  (Read 147012 times)
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #400 on: November 16, 2015, 09:38:05 AM »

Steelers smoking

ONLY the Browns would injure the back up on the first series so Benjamin comes in the game !

Wait a minute...I thought Ben was the back-up quaterback for Sundays game against Cleveland? Tongue

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #401 on: November 16, 2015, 10:17:45 AM »

Steelers smoking

ONLY the Browns would injure the back up on the first series so Benjamin comes in the game !

Ben looked so good I'm not really sure why he didn't start the game to begin with hihi

Well they probably assumed they would beat the Browns anyway, and might as well rest him with the BYE week coming up.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #402 on: November 16, 2015, 11:26:04 AM »

Last night was excruciating...

Fuck you Landon Collins.....

But in all seriousness... Giants should should have won the game, they outplayed em. However, average teams find ways to lose that game... and they did.

Yeah the Giants could be 9-1, they just can't seem to finish games this year. I don't know what is with those Giants. They play their asses off against the Pats no matter who's on the field. Hopefully the Pats won't see them for another 4 years. I can't take too many of those. They're physically and emotionally draining. I watched the game with friends, a mix of Pats and Giants fans (that's what you get in CT). It was quite the roller coaster. Giants fans were quite dejected at the result obviously. Especially with how it all went down. I certainly don't need to remind anyone that the roles have been reversed in their previous SB meetings. Giants made all the big plays and got all the bounces in those games. Tyree, Manningham, Asante Samuel dropping INT, Welker drop. Last night Butler broke up the TD to OBJ and Collins dropped the INT. A little vengeance, but I'd much rather have won the Super Bowls.

Also, another tough injury with Edelman going down last night. He apparently has the same injury as Dez had, so it's possible he could be back for the playoffs. But no Dion Lewis, no Edelman, the O-line in tatters. They made the Giants pass rush look like vintage Big Blue D, and they are far from that. Brady was uncomfortable all night though. But that can happen when you lose 2 players who accounted for 40% of your completions and you have a practice squad player at LT, a center at RT, rookie's at C & G, and an undrafted guy at the other guard. They've done an admirable job considering, but they need to get some guys healthy again going forward.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #403 on: November 16, 2015, 11:41:16 AM »

But in all seriousness... Giants should should have won the game, they outplayed em. However, average teams find ways to lose that game... and they did.

Yeah the Giants could be 9-1, they just can't seem to finish games this year. I don't know what is with those Giants. They play their asses off against the Pats no matter who's on the field. Hopefully the Pats won't see them for another 4 years. I can't take too many of those. They're physically and emotionally draining. I watched the game with friends, a mix of Pats and Giants fans (that's what you get in CT). It was quite the roller coaster. Giants fans were quite dejected at the result obviously. Especially with how it all went down. I certainly don't need to remind anyone that the roles have been reversed in their previous SB meetings. Giants made all the big plays and got all the bounces in those games. Tyree, Manningham, Asante Samuel dropping INT, Welker drop. Last night Butler broke up the TD to OBJ and Collins dropped the INT. A little vengeance, but I'd much rather have won the Super Bowls.

Also, another tough injury with Edelman going down last night. He apparently has the same injury as Dez had, so it's possible he could be back for the playoffs. But no Dion Lewis, no Edelman, the O-line in tatters. They made the Giants pass rush look like vintage Big Blue D, and they are far from that. Brady was uncomfortable all night though. But that can happen when you lose 2 players who accounted for 40% of your completions and you have a practice squad player at LT, a center at RT, rookie's at C & G, and an undrafted guy at the other guard. They've done an admirable job considering, but they need to get some guys healthy again going forward.

Yup... and the 4th quarter was playing out exactly like the Super Bowl too with the Giants about to score, but with too much time on the clock.

Then the Collins parallel to Samuel in the first super bowl...it was creepy. 

Brady was off last night, but certainly not having Edelman and the O line in place played a big factor.

The Giants are fortunate to be in the east, romo's injury derailed them and the Eagles are bad. Giants should win the division at 8-8 assuming they beat the Eagles at home week 17.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #404 on: November 16, 2015, 12:15:36 PM »

Yup... and the 4th quarter was playing out exactly like the Super Bowl too with the Giants about to score, but with too much time on the clock.

Brady was off last night, but certainly not having Edelman and the O line in place played a big factor.

The Giants are fortunate to be in the east, romo's injury derailed them and the Eagles are bad. Giants should win the division at 8-8 assuming they beat the Eagles at home week 17.

I think the Cowboys have dug themselves too big a hole for Romo to come in and save the day. If he does, he deserves MVP consideration. But there's a lot going on there. Players fighting, the whole Hardy distraction, Dez fighting with the media. I'm not sure one guy can turn everything around for them.

Looks like Bradford might be out awhile for the Eagles, but I don't see Sanchize as much of a dropoff. Redskins looked inept last week against the Pats and they turned around and looked great yesterday against the Saints. Might have to do with the difference in the opposition. The Giants have a good offense, if their defense can play like they did last night they should be alright. They have a tough remaining schedule, no easy games left. 8-8 could get it done though. Washington has an even tougher schedule though. It could come down to that last game between the Eagles and Giants, and if the Cowboys can go 6-1 down the stretch they could play themselves into it. Still a long way to go.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #405 on: November 16, 2015, 12:19:24 PM »

I think the Cowboys have dug themselves too big a hole for Romo to come in and save the day. If he does, he deserves MVP consideration. But there's a lot going on there. Players fighting, the whole Hardy distraction, Dez fighting with the media. I'm not sure one guy can turn everything around for them.

Looks like Bradford might be out awhile for the Eagles, but I don't see Sanchize as much of a dropoff. Redskins looked inept last week against the Pats and they turned around and looked great yesterday against the Saints. Might have to do with the difference in the opposition. The Giants have a good offense, if their defense can play like they did last night they should be alright. They have a tough remaining schedule, no easy games left. 8-8 could get it done though. Washington has an even tougher schedule though. It could come down to that last game between the Eagles and Giants, and if the Cowboys can go 6-1 down the stretch they could play themselves into it. Still a long way to go.

All true. With Romo, it just shows you how important these quarterbacks are to their teams.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #406 on: November 16, 2015, 08:10:10 PM »

Patriots got beyond lucky last night. That game should've ended on that 4th and 10 they had. You gotta stop a team when you have them at 4th and 10 no excuses.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #407 on: November 17, 2015, 08:06:55 AM »

Patriots got beyond lucky last night. That game should've ended on that 4th and 10 they had. You gotta stop a team when you have them at 4th and 10 no excuses.

Is it lucky that every team the Pats play seem to forget how to manage a game and throw up all over themselves at the end? All the Giants needed to do when they got down inside the 10 was run three times killing all of the Pats TO's and running the clock down under a minute then kicking the field goal. That would have forced the Pats to drive 80 yards in less than half the time they wound up having.

What drives me crazy is the play Devin McCourty made on the OBJ TD... that is the same play he made (or didn't make) against Green Bay last year on the Jordy Nelson TD at the end of the first half. He over played the route to the sideline and gave them the cut back into the center of the field. Outside of that play Butler shut down OBJ all afternoon. OBJ had 4 catches on 12 targets for 104... 87 of that on the one play... the remaining 3 catches for 5.5 yards, not too bad for an undrafted free agent CB.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #408 on: November 17, 2015, 10:53:00 AM »

Is it lucky that every team the Pats play seem to forget how to manage a game and throw up all over themselves at the end? All the Giants needed to do when they got down inside the 10 was run three times killing all of the Pats TO's and running the clock down under a minute then kicking the field goal. That would have forced the Pats to drive 80 yards in less than half the time they wound up having.

What drives me crazy is the play Devin McCourty made on the OBJ TD... that is the same play he made (or didn't make) against Green Bay last year on the Jordy Nelson TD at the end of the first half. He over played the route to the sideline and gave them the cut back into the center of the field. Outside of that play Butler shut down OBJ all afternoon. OBJ had 4 catches on 12 targets for 104... 87 of that on the one play... the remaining 3 catches for 5.5 yards, not too bad for an undrafted free agent CB.

In what universe could have the Giants killed the clock in that game ?

Belichick used his timeouts perfectly, but there was absolutely nothing the Giants could have done differently to kill the clock in that game once Harris made the catch to put them in the redzone.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #409 on: November 17, 2015, 10:54:52 AM »

The Giants out played em... and had a few chances to seal it... they didn't.. but that's because the Giants (who I love ) are a very average team, especially on defense, not even close to average. (Edleman being out changed the game too)

The Collins play hurt... that's such an easy play... brady threw it up like that...

Once that ball hit the ground... I knew they were kicking the field goal.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #410 on: November 17, 2015, 10:56:34 AM »

I'd say they were more fortunate than lucky. They put themselves in position to make the plays to win and they did. That's football. The same thing happened in the 2 Super Bowl's against the Giants. They were unfortunate to lose those games. They didn't make the plays necessary to win, the Giants did. It happens. It certainly helps to have the bounces go your way. If you want to define it as lucky that they're 9-0, I'll take it. But I think there's a little more to it than that.

One team that was "lucky" to win this week was the Jaguars. The league office admitted that the refs missed a false start on the Jags that would have ended the game at that point with a 10 second runoff. Instead a face masking penalty was called on the Ravens and led to the game winning FG. Now THAT, I'd describe as being lucky to win. Though credit to Jason Myers, fellow Marist alum, for kicking the 53 yarder to win. Not exactly a gimme. But they really shouldn't have been given the opportunity.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #411 on: November 17, 2015, 10:58:31 AM »

I'd say they were more fortunate than lucky. They put themselves in position to make the plays to win and they did. That's football. The same thing happened in the 2 Super Bowl's against the Giants. They were unfortunate to lose those games. They didn't make the plays necessary to win, the Giants did. It happens. It certainly helps to have the bounces go your way. If you want to define it as lucky that they're 9-0, I'll take it. But I think there's a little more to it than that.

One team that was "lucky" to win this week was the Jaguars. The league office admitted that the refs missed a false start on the Jags that would have ended the game at that point with a 10 second runoff. Instead a face masking penalty was called on the Ravens and led to the game winning FG. Now THAT, I'd describe as being lucky to win. Though credit to Jason Myers, fellow Marist alum, for kicking the 53 yarder to win. Not exactly a gimme. But they really shouldn't have been given the opportunity.

Agreed. But I won my survivor pool thanks to that Raven loss... so I'll take it!  Smiley

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #412 on: November 17, 2015, 11:08:15 AM »

Belichick used his timeouts perfectly, but there was absolutely nothing the Giants could have done differently to kill the clock in that game once Harris made the catch to put them in the redzone.

The Giants fans I watched the game with were in favor of passing the ball there since their running game leaves a lot to be desired. They could have run off an additional 30 seconds or so, but Brady would've still had about 90 seconds to get into FG range. It looks bad because they took it down to the last second. But with a different situation, they would have dealt with the clock differently obviously. I don't think it was as bad as it's been made out to be. You want to score a TD there to take a game winning FG out of the equation and the Giants best chance to do that was through the air. Credit to Belichick who sent out their goal line defense that forced Eli to audible to a pass play on 1st down. Once Butler knocked the ball loose, there was 2:01 on the clock so it didn't matter whether they ran or passed on 2nd down.

All that being said, I'm glad they didn't run the ball. I was in full favor of letting the Giants score so they could get the ball back with as much time as possible. I didn't think they'd have enough time. Turns out, they did. Thankfully. Just another example of why I'm not coaching the Patriots and Bill Belichick is.  hihi

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #413 on: November 17, 2015, 11:14:01 AM »

The Giants out played em... and had a few chances to seal it... they didn't.. but that's because the Giants (who I love ) are a very average team, especially on defense, not even close to average. (Edleman being out changed the game too)

The Collins play hurt... that's such an easy play... brady threw it up like that...

My buddy, who's a Giants fan, said the same thing. He had more confidence in the Pats winning than I did at that point. Such a swing of emotions on that dropped INT. Unfortunately it happened in week 10 and not in early February. I'd much rather trade this win for one of those.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #414 on: November 17, 2015, 11:14:44 AM »

The Giants fans I watched the game with were in favor of passing the ball there since their running game leaves a lot to be desired. They could have run off an additional 30 seconds or so, but Brady would've still had about 90 seconds to get into FG range. It looks bad because they took it down to the last second. But with a different situation, they would have dealt with the clock differently obviously. I don't think it was as bad as it's been made out to be. You want to score a TD there to take a game winning FG out of the equation and the Giants best chance to do that was through the air. Credit to Belichick who sent out their goal line defense that forced Eli to audible to a pass play on 1st down. Once Butler knocked the ball loose, there was 2:01 on the clock so it didn't matter whether they ran or passed on 2nd down.

All that being said, I'm glad they didn't run the ball. I was in full favor of letting the Giants score so they could get the ball back with as much time as possible. I didn't think they'd have enough time. Turns out, they did. Thankfully. Just another example of why I'm not coaching the Patriots and Bill Belichick is.  hihi

Exactly... the OBJ drop was a killer.. because the clock was 2:01... So from that point running the ball was meaningless.. especially since you pointed out the giants don't have the personnel to push the line there.

As a Giant fan.. I know they cant move the pile.. and their best chance to score is thru the air.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #415 on: November 17, 2015, 11:17:21 AM »

My buddy, who's a Giants fan, said the same thing. He had more confidence in the Pats winning than I did at that point. Such a swing of emotions on that dropped INT. Unfortunately it happened in week 10 and not in early February. I'd much rather trade this win for one of those.

Obviously those super bowls are very near and dear to my heart... but they obviously could have gone either way.

Hopefully the Giants at least use the game to propel a nice second half... if they go 3-3 with wins against Washington and Phili ,that should get them a spot in the playoffs... and in the NFC which team scares you if you're a Giant fan...especially if you don't have to go to Seattle or Green bay... who can't the Giants beat?

Maybe we could do Pats - G Men round three?  Grin

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #416 on: November 17, 2015, 11:19:34 AM »

BTW as much as I tire of all the stuff with the Pats like every other non Pat fan...

I have nothing but admiration for Belichick... after all... he helped the Giants win two super bowls... it;s where he started, and he always speaks about the Giant organization with a great deal of respect.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #417 on: November 17, 2015, 02:21:27 PM »

BTW as much as I tire of all the stuff with the Pats like every other non Pat fan...

I have nothing but admiration for Belichick... after all... he helped the Giants win two super bowls... it;s where he started, and he always speaks about the Giant organization with a great deal of respect.
He does speak glowingly about his time with the Giants, quite a bit in fact. I don't know if you've ever seen "A Football Life" on Bill, but they did a whole thing with his time with the Giants and his return to the Meadowlands. He was quite emotional walking through the halls and around the stadium. I just hope Coughlin doesn't leave or get fired, because I fear Bill might want to bolt and finish up where he began.

And as much as I'd love to beat the Giants in a Super Bowl once and for all, I honestly want no part of them until they're back on the schedule in 4 more years. As exciting as the games are, they take years off my life. I didn't expect the game on Sunday to be all that close, but of course it was as close as it could get. If they do meet again, I won't make that mistake the next time.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 02:23:03 PM by faldor » Logged

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #418 on: November 17, 2015, 02:37:00 PM »

He does speak glowingly about his time with the Giants, quite a bit in fact. I don't know if you've ever seen "A Football Life" on Bill, but they did a whole thing with his time with the Giants and his return to the Meadowlands. He was quite emotional walking through the halls and around the stadium. I just hope Coughlin doesn't leave or get fired, because I fear Bill might want to bolt and finish up where he began.

And as much as I'd love to beat the Giants in a Super Bowl once and for all, I honestly want no part of them until they're back on the schedule in 4 more years. As exciting as the games are, they take years off my life. I didn't expect the game on Sunday to be all that close, but of course it was as close as it could get. If they do meet again, I won't make that mistake the next time.

Yes I have seen it, I like the part when hes walking thru the old racquetball courts.

I don't think he'd ever be foolish enough to leave Brady behind, he would have to retire first for me to see Bill coach elsewhere.

John Mara will find every excuse possible to keep Coughlin for as long as possible... if they win the East, no matter the record... he will be back next year. They adore him, rightfully so and he was Wellington Mara's choice as head coach, that means something to John Mara.

Plus Bill would have to take a big pay cut I'm sure to come back to the Giants.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 02:39:16 PM by JAEBALL » Logged

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #419 on: November 17, 2015, 02:47:29 PM »

Yes I have seen it, I like the part when hes walking thru the old racquetball courts.

I don't think he'd ever be foolish enough to leave Brady behind, he would have to retire first for me to see Bill coach elsewhere.

John Mara will find every excuse possible to keep Coughlin for as long as possible... if they win the East, no matter the record... he will be back next year. They adore him, rightfully so and he was Wellington Mara's choice as head coach, that means something to John Mara.
I agree on both counts. Question is, who retires first, Brady or Bill? Do they go out together? And do they both end in New England. The Pats have shown they will cut ties when the time is right. If Brady's play slips, do they move on? Montana, Favre, Rice, Emmitt Smith, and a host of others didn't retire with their quintessential teams. I hate to think of that possibility, but the day may come. In fact last season I would've bet the house on it. Now that he seems to be playing better than ever, I'd scale back that wager just a bit.

As for Coughlin. I think he's a damn good coach. But he always seems to be in way more hot water than he should be. Whether it's a slow start or losing games they should win, his job always seems to be on the line every few years or so. If they somehow go 7-9 this year and miss the playoffs again, is his job secure? I'd like to think that the highs outweigh the lows, but I'm not so sure.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 32 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: