Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 07:35:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227876 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  VR section
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: VR section  (Read 41508 times)
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2007, 10:18:28 AM »

some shit has went too far.. not only the VR stuff, for example all the SLC crap with people having screen names that are like 25 letters long, i remember when i had a long ass screen name and you said i should change it because it it was "stocking up the look of the board" or something, i don't know how to say it in english but i'm sure you know how i mean.. it must be much more annoying with 5-10 regular posters have those long ass names then when one person had it, don't you think?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2007, 10:22:12 AM »

Poor kids, you didn't even read my post. Just the usual "I didn't complain" and "the sudden change".

You don't even try to see the other side of the coin. It's all about what you want, not about what kind of board we want.

And then you have the nerve to talk about useless.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2007, 10:23:39 AM »

Poor kids, you didn't even read my post. Just the usual "I didn't complain" and "the sudden change".

You don't even try to see the other side of the coin. It's all about what you want, not about what kind of board we want.

/jarmo

well surely isnt that a hypocritical statement? because its exactly the same thing.

html sucks
J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2007, 10:24:35 AM »

Just when u think it can't get any worse.................................

Well leave, quit your bitching and get over it.

THIS is a GUNS N' ROSES site, not a Velvet Revolver hooligan hang out!

If I had any clue as to who the fuck u even are, maybe I'd get offended by your statement.

Uh...you know who it is.

Why thank you SLC Punk ! ?Cheesy

I just I don't mind Velvet Revolver, but this is a Guns site.

I have belonged to other sites, like RosesofVelvet.com.  But all they do is bitch and whine at that place.  That routine get's sad, and on top of the fact they punk articles from here and news reports, which is unoriginal. It has one of the biggest whiners / bitchers / flip floppers in Guns site history: James Lofton 29.

What appeals about HTGTH, it is the best Guns site on the net, Jarmo has not let it get out of control and people here for the most part are very positive and want this band to succeed. So, I think it is necessary, that Jarmo cracks down hard on the bitchers and whiners.

Sorry for my whining, this is my last post in this thread.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 10:32:41 AM by J? » Logged

Fuck All Y'all
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2007, 10:28:59 AM »

/jarmo

well surely isnt that a hypocritical statement? because its exactly the same thing.

We, as in the people who run this place.

According to you, we should adjust instead of having the guests adjust.

It's like you demanding a restaurant or night club to change their dress code because you don't agree with wearing a jacket.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2007, 10:31:25 AM »

surely a person running something for the public, runs it to please the public. if it was all about the moderators then youd have a private 7 member forum or something.

Like the government for example, they run the country, but they still have the please the people in it.

html sucks
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2007, 10:34:04 AM »

the restaurant would be better if everybody was welcomed as long as they could behave.. and don't order a hamburger at the italian restaurant, if the guests want that they could go to mcdonalds.. but also the customer can complain about the food though.. right?

but maybe the customer's never right either i guess
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2007, 10:41:01 AM »

surely a person running something for the public, runs it to please the public. if it was all about the moderators then youd have a private 7 member forum or something.

Like the government for example, they run the country, but they still have the please the people in it.

As I said, if you had actually read what I posted, there'd be no argument.

I've never been about trying to figure out what "mrlee in England" or anybody else wants me to do with the site.

I figured pretty early on that you can't please everybody and the only way you can keep yourself interested is by doing what you believe in and what you think is cool.

Because of that, I have to make a lot of unpopular decisions and do things that cause others to hold grudges.

/jarmo

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2007, 10:42:31 AM »

ok then. well ive given my oppinions and reasons. youve read them which means youve taken them in even if you disagree. Thats good enough for me.

end of discussion for me for now.

html sucks
Lolita
« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2007, 10:45:52 AM »

I just find it to be bullshit that guys who have helped make GNR the legendary band they are today get pushed to a Sub board when they use to be celebrated around here.

Maybe but they are not in GN'R any longer. They have moved on to different things. One can deal about their past in the GN'R section (as long as one doesn't bring back V.R. or any current activity by a former member, ?Roll Eyes ) so it 's all good, ?ok
Jarmo found a good compromise, keeping a board about V.R. but removing it from the main board. ?It is the best solution as the band's being pretty active and news are posted every single day -or so. A ?V.R. thread would reach 200 pages within a week and would be such a mess, ?nervous. ?And if there was no specific place for V.R. in wasn't yesterday great, threads about V.R. would be mixed with threads about Izzy and stuff = a mess as well.
So... Be happy !
Lolita
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2007, 10:47:32 AM »

some shit has went too far.. not only the VR stuff, for example all the SLC crap with people having screen names that are like 25 letters long

I must say that i find all those changes confusing and even with the sigs which didn't change, i must still have a look at those persons ' profile to make out who is who,  confused
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2007, 11:01:40 AM »

^
It's unfortunate
That people don't have distinct
Posting styles here.   Grin

Back to the topic:
This ain't a democracy!
Jarmo's in charge, kids.

I like some VR,
Haven't purchased "Libertad"...
I'm not a huge fan.

They ARE "Ex-Gunners".
I love the "Star Wars" movies,
But when Mark Hamill

Makes "The Guyver 3"
Do I need to discuss it
On a "Star Wars" board?

(There are Star wars boards
Somewhere out there, aren't there?
Never been to one...)

Splash

/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2007, 11:35:14 AM »

Good move Jarmo!

No hard feelings to Slash and Duff at all!

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #53 on: August 13, 2007, 11:40:48 AM »

all the SLC crap with people having screen names that are like 25 letters long
I agree, it's a really lame joke.

DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #54 on: August 13, 2007, 11:48:12 AM »

If I had any clue as to who the fuck u even are, maybe I'd get offended by your statement.

Uh...you know who it is.

Why thank you SLC Punk !  Cheesy

I have belonged to other sites, like RosesofVelvet.com.  But all they do is bitch and whine at that place.  That routine get's sad, and on top of the fact they punk articles from here and news reports, which is unoriginal. It has one of the biggest whiners / bitchers / flip floppers in Guns site history: James Lofton 29.

Not that this thread should be turned into a ROV thread but let me say this, we talk about good and bad about GNR of today, people express how they feel to a point and we allow it.   We don't just lift articles from here, we get articles from our own sources as well as here like mostly all forums get articles from other forums, doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that. 

I can quote many a post and post them here of your extremely negative posts against GNR and Axl.

And before you start praising HTGTH [nothing wrong with that, don't get me wrong] and bashing us, don't let me prove how you really feel about this place.

Peace out!

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2007, 11:51:45 AM »

I kind of like it actually.? It's not funny, but it makes them easily identifiable.? ?Cheesy

You should change your name to Sterlingupunk then.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
greendog
« Reply #56 on: August 13, 2007, 12:03:34 PM »

wow...this is becoming a joke...  Roll Eyes

I know. They add more GN'R songs to their set.

Isn't it bad enough to have that talentless poser ass clown singing two GN'R classics.... Now it's three.

/jarmo

its Four.

Edit: Personally, I don't mind where the VR section is. As long as its here.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 12:06:46 PM by greendog » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #57 on: August 13, 2007, 12:07:03 PM »

^
It's unfortunate
That people don't have distinct
Posting styles here.? ?Grin

Back to the topic:
This ain't a democracy!
Jarmo's in charge, kids.

I like some VR,
Haven't purchased "Libertad"...
I'm not a huge fan.

They ARE "Ex-Gunners".
I love the "Star Wars" movies,
But when Mark Hamill

Makes "The Guyver 3"
Do I need to discuss it
On a "Star Wars" board?

(There are Star wars boards
Somewhere out there, aren't there?
Never been to one...)

Splash

/Mike

sorry MIke but thats a bad analogy, If they ever REMADE Star Wars U can guarantee the new actor playing Luke would be compared and scrutinized like hell compared to the original.

The fact Axl is keeping the name means anything his band does has to live up the legacy of what the original band accomplished and did. This is why they are compared and scrutinized and why Axl OWES himself, the fans and most importantly, the band that has stuck with him all these years an album release.

To me releasing the album is how u truly gain acceptance for the new band, cause a new album shows their creativity and shows whether or not they measure up.

I sympathize for the new guys and how they are constantly scrutinized but it's Axl's fault for taking them on an Appetite For Destruction world tour.

We want to see what THEY can come up with, we already know how great the old band is/were.'

My problem with posters on here are, they are ready to call so and so the greatest this or that before they've done anything.

Playing guitar parts written by someone else does not make u a great guitar player. U become a legend based on what u create and right now this band gets an incomplete.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #58 on: August 13, 2007, 12:12:56 PM »

Uh...you know who it is.

Why thank you SLC Punk !? Cheesy

I have belonged to other sites, like RosesofVelvet.com.? But all they do is bitch and whine at that place.? That routine get's sad, and on top of the fact they punk articles from here and news reports, which is unoriginal. It has one of the biggest whiners / bitchers / flip floppers in Guns site history: James Lofton 29.

Not that this thread should be turned into a ROV thread but let me say this, we talk about good and bad about GNR of today, people express how they feel to a point and we allow it.? ?We don't just lift articles from here, we get articles from our own sources as well as here like mostly all forums get articles from other forums, doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that.?

I can quote many a post and post them here of your extremely negative posts against GNR and Axl.

And before you start praising HTGTH [nothing wrong with that, don't get me wrong] and bashing us, don't let me prove how you really feel about this place.

Peace out!

I was pissed once here, about some censorship.

But it is a good thing.

And no you guys do bitch about the band constantly.

Don't tell me how I feel about this place, because I like it.

So grow up, you advertise your board on our site, and yes I can criticize that place.

If you don't like it here move on, and go micro manage your own place.

The fact of the matter is you have a forum member that constantly bitches about new gnr and he is a moderator.

So please don't dare tell me how I feel about this place.? What are you Hitler?

I love this place and have posted since 2002. At times, I have got frustrated. But that is human nature.

Get a life and fuddle duddle!

and this is lifting and bashing a member of our site here!

http://www.rosesofvelvet.com/forum/index.php/topic,6078.0.html

Last time I checked, this thread was not about ROV. So getting cheap advertisement in is lame. I am just defending myself.

The fact is your site does bash the band a lot and punks updates and messages from here.

That is all I am saying, so get back on topic and end this sillyness!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 12:22:17 PM by J? » Logged

Fuck All Y'all
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #59 on: August 13, 2007, 12:24:58 PM »

Uh...you know who it is.

Why thank you SLC Punk !  Cheesy

Not that this thread should be turned into a ROV thread but let me say this, we talk about good and bad about GNR of today, people express how they feel to a point and we allow it.   We don't just lift articles from here, we get articles from our own sources as well as here like mostly all forums get articles from other forums, doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that. 

Peace out!

I was pissed once here, about some censorship.

But it is a good thing.

And no you guys do bitch about the band constantly.

Don't tell me how I feel about this place, because I like it.

So grow up, you advertise your board on our site, and yes I can criticize that place.

If you don't like it here move on, and go micro manage your own place.

The fact of the matter is you have a forum member that constantly bitches about new gnr and he is a moderator.

So please don't dare tell me how I feel about this place. 

Get a life and fuddle duddle!

and this is lifting and bashing a member of our site here!

http://www.rosesofvelvet.com/forum/index.php/topic,6078.0.html

Jimmer do me a favor go show boat on someone elses time instead of Jarmo's board if anyone is bringing attention to us, it's you.   You have a beef with James and us for banning your ass and now you feel the need to "get us back"

oh and I don't have to tell you how you feel but I can sure show it if I so choose and I think I will.

http://www.rosesofvelvet.com/forum/index.php/topic,4984.msg85503.html#msg85503

http://www.rosesofvelvet.com/forum/index.php/topic,3292.msg99948.html#msg99948

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: