Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 02:54:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227879 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl Forgetting Lyrics to his own songs.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl Forgetting Lyrics to his own songs.  (Read 7404 times)
31illusions
I am the coolest guy I know
Rocker

Axl, slash, duff, izzy & steven. The true GN'R!

« on: September 16, 2006, 01:15:34 PM »

Axl sure does screw up alot lyrics on this tour. I was listening to Rock AM Ring. He screwed up "Patience", "Madagasgar" and some others like "You could be mine" from Download feasival (for what ever reason). I really don't recall him screwing up the lyrics from the "Illusion" tour that much (that I can Recall). He stops and starts way too much. He doesn't mind telling the band they f**ked up in front of everyone either. Doesn't he have a monitor with the lyrics on them, just like on the "Illusion tour"? I was in a band for a good while and if someone screws up, the best thing to do is try to cover it and continue without stoping and pointing it out to the audience. I guess he doesn't care if it sounds like sh*t.

There you go, negative karma for you for being a troll. I'll give gandra negative karma as well. Happy now?  Next time you try this behavior will be the last. keep that in mind.

/jarmo
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2006, 01:18:18 PM »

Sounding shit? Says who?

Plus, you can't guarantee he was 100% sober.  hihi
31illusions
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2006, 01:20:37 PM »

Sounding shit? Says who?

Stopping a song and stating over makes it sound stupid. like you don't know what you're doing. That's what i mean by "sh*t".

There you go, negative karma for you for being a troll. I'll give gandra negative karma as well. Happy now?  Next time you try this behavior will be the last. keep that in mind.

/jarmo
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2006, 01:21:12 PM »

What's the question again?

Does he occasionally fuck up a song? Yes, it has happened. I'll predict it'll happen again! ?Shocked

Please define "a lot".

You mentioned two gigs.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2006, 01:22:16 PM »

People seem thrilled with the shows they go to, and that should be enough for us all.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2006, 01:22:33 PM »

Sounding shit? Says who?

Stopping a song and stating over makes it sound stupid. like you don't know what you're doing. That's what i mean by "sh*t".

Does Axl ever know what's he doing? ?hihi
TheRaven
Rocker

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2006, 01:23:38 PM »

Axl sure does screw up alot lyrics on this tour. I was listening to Rock AM Ring. He screwed up "Patience", "Madagasgar" and some others like "You could be mine" from Download feasival (for what ever reason). I really don't recall him screwing up the lyrics from the "Illusion" tour that much (that I can Recall). He stops and starts way too much. He doesn't mind telling the band they f**ked up in front of everyone either. Doesn't he have a monitor with the lyrics on them, just like on the "Illusion tour"? I was in a band for a good while and if someone screws up, the best thing to do is try to cover it and continue without stoping and pointing it out to the audience. I guess he doesn't care if it sounds like sh*t.
I didn't see the Madagascar or You Could Be Mine screw ups that you reference, but I know that with Patience he had them replay the song from the beginning because of his screw up (instead of just continuing in the wrong verse). That's usually the reason he points out the screw ups with the band too, to make sure the song is played completely the right way. Another example would be the 5-17 show at Hammerstein where Brain screwed up on Nightrain and Axl had them restart the song. Looking at GnrOnTour.com it appears that Axl did the same thing during the UYI days. If there was a screw up he liked to replay the song so that the audience could hear it the way it's supposed to be.

Raven
31illusions
Rocker

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2006, 01:27:29 PM »

Please define "a lot".

Well, i only have a few shows from this new tour. So i can't point out every song he screwed up on. I guess the question is does he have a monitor with lyrics on it? Does he bother reading it? I don't think it very professional of him to reprimand the band in front of thousand of people either. that's all.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2006, 01:29:45 PM by 31illusions » Logged

/jarmo
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2006, 01:31:16 PM »

Please define "a lot".

Well, i only have a few shows from this new tour. So i can't point out every song he screwed up on. I guess the question is does he have a monitor with lyrics on it? Does he bother reding it? I don't think it very professional of him to reprimand the band in front of thousand of people either. that's all.

Axl has several screens with lyrics - but the arrow that progresses during each song so that Axl knows what to sing is controlled by hand from offstage. So there's always the chance that the person in charge of the lyrics can screw up as well.

During Rock am Ring when he says "I fucked your shit up, didn't I?" he was speaking to the person offstage controlling the arrow - Axl messed up so the guy controlling the lyrics lost his place in the song.

And remember that Rock am Ring was only like the second week of the European Tour - everyone was still rusty at that point.
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2006, 01:32:58 PM »

I don't think it very professional of him to reprimand the band in front of thousand of people either.

When did this happen?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2006, 01:34:57 PM »

He has the monitors but you never see him stand there reading the lyrics do you?

I think they're as a "back up".

But maybe you'd prefer him to sit on stage and reading the song lyrics making sure he gets every word right?

I guess that would be professional.....

Axl fucks up songs, the shows start late, there's too many solos.... Damn, what a horrible band they are.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
31illusions
Rocker

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2006, 01:38:20 PM »

But maybe you'd prefer him to sit on stage and reading the song lyrics making sure he gets every word right?

I guess that would be professional.....

Axl fucks up songs, the shows start late, there's too many solos.... Damn, what a horrible band they are.

Full of sarcasim today aren't we? Don't take it personal. It just a disscusion thread. Have fun, discuss. Relax!

/jarmo
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

Here Today... Out for Lunch

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2006, 01:39:03 PM »

Do you guys want some cheese to go with that wine? ?

They don't need to be perfect. ?They're established and one of the most notorious bands in existence. ?Who cares if they miss a beat or a lyric? ?That's the beauty of concert experiences. ?If it would ALWAYS be PERFECT, people would just sit on their asses at home and listen to the studio album.

peace

You'll Find Your Inspiration GN'F'nR

2002: 12.6&8
2006: 5.12&14&15&17 11.5&10&13&24
2011: 11.15 12.10
2012: 2.19&24 11.17
2014: 5.13&28&30
2016: 4.1&8&9 6.23 7.1&3. 8.9&12
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2006, 01:42:00 PM »

Full of sarcasim today aren't we? Don't take it personal. It just a disscusion thread. Have fun, discuss. Relax!

What's there to discuss? Another thread started to complain about something.

Yes, we all know Axl occasionally fucks up song lyrics.

That's what might happen in a live show.

Hey, how about you start one about something positive about Axl and the new band. Now there's a challenge for you.

/jarmo

gnr_12
Rocker

Nothin' Lasts Forever...

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2006, 01:45:21 PM »

The monitors are there for one reason, and one reson only, to keep the band, and Axl at a even standpoint in terms of timing, when the melody, and lyrics change for instanse, its to maintain a sound that gels and flows together. And fuck man who doesnt forget lyrics during a gig that big? and when your drunk? comon.. you guys expect way to much from Axl.. i went to the NYC show, and i was blown away, just because he changed a couple words or what not, shouldnt effect the show if your a true fan. now stop it with the dumbass topics.

That goes for all you punks in the press, That want to start shit by printin' lies, Instead of the things we said, That means you, Andy Secher, Mick Wall ,Bob Guccione Jr.
Get In the Fuckin Ring Punks
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2006, 01:46:47 PM »

It's great that he fucks up songs...brings a uniqueness to each song.

However, I don't like it if he blames other band members if they do something slightly wrong, that just aint snooker.
31illusions
Rocker

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2006, 01:49:36 PM »

Hey, how about you start one about something positive about Axl and the new band. Now there's a challenge for you.

/jarmo

Forget it. you peple can't discuss anything with out getting pissed if someone doesn't sing axl praises. even though he he single handedly destroyed the original band. replaced the band a buch of Knuckle heads. f**cks up songs, makes a crowd wait while he finishes his steak dinner, cusses out his crew. and never releases and album in 13 yrs. how you like that? I absolutly love gn'r but you think i should give axl all my praises even though he's a jerk, is ridiculous. just discuss a subject, don't put people down for asking question wheather they are good or bad.

/jarmo
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2006, 01:52:02 PM »

Do you guys want some cheese to go with that wine? 

They don't need to be perfect.  They're established and one of the most notorious bands in existence.  Who cares if they miss a beat or a lyric?  That's the beauty of concert experiences.  If it would ALWAYS be PERFECT, people would just sit on their asses at home and listen to the studio album.

peace

they aren`t exactely established... the name is, but the band isn`t...

I didn't see the Madagascar or You Could Be Mine screw ups that you reference

i don`t know about you could be mine from donnington, but they had to restart maddy at rock am ring because axl showed up late on stage (at least that`s what i thought was the reason. axl blamed the band though) and axl didn`t want to restart the whole song, he just wanted to restart the verse like they did with patience, but dizzy played the intro again

anyways....   jarmo sometimes seems to be a little hard to the so called whiners, but you should get the point though. it`s not cool to only read thread titles like "axl fucks up his own songs", "why do gnr always have to be late?", "this is 2002 all over again!", "i`d be a better manager than merck!", "i don`t like tommy`s bass guitar" or "gnr sucks without bucket/slash/steven adler...."

go complain somewhere else. you can?t change the way axl`s behaving... as a gnrfan one should know that. this is a really great time to be a gnr fan and i`m happy with what i get. if the record comes out this year and the tour goes over well, everything is cool!!

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2006, 01:54:40 PM »

Forget it. you peple can't discuss anything with out getting pissed if someone doesn't sing axl praises.

No, it's you who can't get over the fact that it's 2006 and things have changed.

even though he he single handedly destroyed the original band. replaced the band a buch of Knuckle heads. f**cks up songs, makes a crowd wait while he finishes his steak dinner, cusses out his crew. and never releases and album in 13 yrs. how you like that? I absolutly love gn'r but you think i should give axl all my praises even though he's a jerk, is ridiculous. just discuss a subject, don't put people down for asking question wheather they are good or bad.

Thanks for proving the point. You obviously have something against Axl and this band.

No need to hide it anymore. ?ok

/jarmo

31illusions
Rocker

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2006, 01:56:12 PM »

go complain somewhere else. you can?t change the way axl`s behaving... as a gnrfan one should know that. this is a really great time to be a gnr fan a

Don't ever tell me what to do. if you don't like it then go read another thread.

/jarmo
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: