Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 02:51:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227897 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Ozzfest 2005-Ozzfest Ends, More Details On DVD Released
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ozzfest 2005-Ozzfest Ends, More Details On DVD Released  (Read 51579 times)
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #80 on: June 06, 2005, 06:08:52 PM »

does it annoy you how hardly anyone replies to you on here anymore except myself?

Can you tell me the current line up of black label society please and the current line up of ozzys solo group.

html sucks
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #81 on: June 06, 2005, 07:35:38 PM »

does it annoy you how hardly anyone replies to you on here anymore except myself?

Can you tell me the current line up of black label society please and the current line up of ozzys solo group.
Yes lol..But im sure lots of people read it and im sure id get more replesi if it was in a different thread

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #82 on: June 07, 2005, 11:21:08 AM »

BLACK SABBATH warmed up for their upcoming European tour (which kicks off June 9 in Dortmund, Germany) Monday night (June 6) in front of 1,000 lucky fans at the Aylesbury Civic Centre in the United Kingdom. The group's setlist was as follows:

01. NIB
02. After Forever
03. War Pigs
04. Dirty Women
05. Fairies Wear Boots
06. Symptom of the Universe / Sweet Leaf / Electric Funeral
07. Iron Man
08. Into the Void
09. Black Sabbath
10. The Wizard
11. Sabbath Bloody Sabbath / Paranoid
12. Sleeping Village / Children of the Grave

BLACK SABBATH have been confirmed as the headliners of this year's Ozzfest beginning on July 15 in Mansfield, Massachusetts.

Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #83 on: June 07, 2005, 12:42:54 PM »

Hey it's good news to see that Prodigal son its going to be release soon and be singing by Bruc?, The tracklist it's awsome I've never heard Where eagles dare live so it's gonna be a mack  Grin. Can't wait for more Maiden concerts. I think that its good news that Roy Z colaborates with Maiden, he's such a great producer and maybe he can bring maiden another vision of music just like BD uses in his records.  peace

No man can be my equal
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #84 on: June 07, 2005, 03:52:23 PM »

Launch Radio Networks reports: With his second movie, "The Devil's Rejects", opening in July and a new studio album still to be completed, you might think Rob Zombie has enough on his plate. But instead, Zombie is also headlining the second stage of Ozzfest 2005. The rocker-turned-filmmaker told Launch why he decided to spend his summer on the road. "The timing was good, because the movie will be completely done," he said. "There'll be nothing more to do and I'll have enough time where I wouldn't jump into the next thing yet. And the main thing was just the idea of headlining second stage, is what really attracted me."

Ozzfest 2005 begins on July 15 in Mansfield, Massachusetts.

Written and directed by Zombie, "The Devil's Rejects" is a loose sequel to his 2003 directorial debut, "House Of 1000 Corpses". The film opens in theatres on July 22.

Zombie recently told Rolling Stone that he'll finish his new album this fall after Ozzfest is over. Among the people who have played on the record so far are LIMP BIZKIT guitarist Wes Borland, M?TLEY CR?E drummer Tommy Lee and A PERFECT CIRCLE drummer Josh Freese.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #85 on: June 07, 2005, 03:56:12 PM »

Subject: Tiny Warm-up Sabbath Gig
Date: Tue Jun 7, 2005

Hi Joe,

I hope you're finding fatherhood fun - sleepless nights and all that.

I've posted on the list more than once in the past moaning about the same-ness of the set list Sabbath play these days. I saw them at the reunion gig in Birmingham in 1999 and have seen them twice since that time. My moans culminated in my saying that I wouldn't be going again unless there was some new material etc... the same gripes a lot of readers have.

Last night Sabbath played a tiny venue in Aylesbury, England as a warm up to the three day Download festival this weekend at which they are headlining. This gig wasn't publicised at all and was only available to ticket holders for the Download festival and subscribers to a website that promotes extremely small venues in the home counties area of England. The capacity of the venue was 1,000 - all standing. There was no support band, just Ozzy, Tony, Geezer and Bill on stage.

They absolutely rocked. It was, again, a "greatest hits" set, but the intimacy of the venue made it superb. I was two rows away from the front and have never experienced such an awesome gig. All members of the band seemed to be having a blast, as did everyone at the event. Sabbath ripped through their set. They played Dirty Women, which they dropped from the set the last couple of times I saw them, but reduced Sabbath Bloody Sabbath to part of a montage which included part of Symptom of the Universe, which I haven't heard them play since they reformed.

They completely won me over. I feel privileged to have seen them at such a small venue, and doubt that I (or many others)will ever get to see them play such a small gig again. It was a superb night. My throat is sore, my neck aches and I've probably caught pneumonia from all the buckets of water Ozzy threw and I was hit with. Was it worth it? Absolutely.

Regards,

Steve Beach.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #86 on: June 08, 2005, 04:44:52 PM »

Christa L. Titus of Billboard.com has issued the following report:

Since the news broke in mid-May that WICKED WISDOM, the group fronted by actress Jada Pinkett Smith, will play at this year's Ozzfest, little has been heard about the act or how it landed such a coveted gig. But whatever its music sounds like, it convinced tour organizer Sharon Osbourne to put the band on the bill.

"I wasn't sure what to expect when I went to see Wicked Wisdom play last April in a tiny [Los Angeles] club at midnight," Osbourne says. "But let me tell you, I was blown away. When you see and hear Jada with her band it's apparent that she has nothing but love and respect for this genre of music. I totally respect that the band wants to pay their dues playing the second stage on Ozzfest."

WICKED WISDOM is writing all the material for its debut album, which it is co-producing with Ulrich Wild (P.O.D., INCUBUS, STATIC-X). The group is managed by James Lassiter and Miguel Melendez at Overbrook Entertainment, the production/management company owned by Pinkett Smith's actor/rapper husband, Will Smith.

Ozzfest isn't WICKED WISDOM's first high-profile gig: In April and May 2004 the act opened dates on the European leg of BRITNEY SPEARS' Onyx Hotel tour. A spokesperson for WICKED WISDOM says the group ? rounded out by Fish (drums), Pocket (guitar), Rio (bass) and Korel (guitar/keyboards) ? is "locked down" in a studio recording the album.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #87 on: June 08, 2005, 04:58:35 PM »

Photos from SABBATH's warm-up show for their European tour, which took place Monday night (June 6) in front of 1,000 lucky fans at the Aylesbury Civic Centre in the United Kingdom.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #88 on: June 10, 2005, 02:50:37 PM »

June 9, 2005
Westfalenhalle 1
Dortmund, Germany

SET LIST

1. NIB
   2. After Forever
   3. War Pigs
   4. Dirty Women
   5. Fairies Wear Boots
   6. Symptom of the Universe / Sweet Leaf / Electric Funeral
   7. Iron Man
   8. Into the Void
   9. Black Sabbath
  10. The Wizard
  11. Sabbath Bloody Sabbath / Paranoid
  12. Children of the Grave (as encore)

Hi,

Last night I saw Black Sabbath at the Westfalenhalle in Dortmund, Germany. It was my third Sabbath gig with original line-up. The concert was not completely sold out (standing area was), second ring at the arena was not used. But it was very busy. Support act was really a "throw-away" band, I really don't like Soulfly.

Sabbath played the same setlist as at the warm-up gig earlier this week, with exception of the Sleeping Village part at the encore. I have to say that Symptom..., Sweet Leaf and Sabbath bloody Sabbath were really only snippets that were played (sadley). During Into The Void Ozzy sang a part of Electric Funural, Geezer sarted laughing immediatly, that was really funny, Ozzy was looking as if he wanted to say "What's wrong"... During the concert there was a photographer running around and shooting pictures, these will show up in the future Ozzfest tour program I think. Was a very good show! The band looked good. 90 minutes show (including intro tape). Best regards,
John Gerritsen
Netherlands

Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #89 on: June 13, 2005, 03:46:46 AM »

Good to see some additions to last year's set.  Sad to see Snowblind gone, but if they play The Wizard when they come to Jersey I'll piss my pants.  Definitely my all-time favorite Sabbath tune.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #90 on: June 16, 2005, 03:50:44 PM »

Rob Zombie recently spoke to Ain't It Cool News about "The Devil's Rejects", the follow up to Zombie's gritty, violent smash horror hit, "House of 1000 Corpses". A couple of excerpts from the interview follow:

Ain't It Cool News: I liked how you felt free to play around with some of the elements of the first film. And you didn't feel the need to present them in exactly the same way. For example, the house. The actual "house of 1000 corpses". It's not even the same type of fa?ade as the one in the first film, is it?

Rob Zombie: "It's a totally different house in a totally different location. The first house in the first film is kind of a cooler looking house. This house is a much more ordinary looking farmhouse, but the location of the other house is terrible for shooting at. There's not enough land around it and I wanted to shoot this big scene with all these police cars coming in. I knew that the other location wouldn't work at all. So that's why I had to find a new place to shoot it."

Ain't It Cool News: I love the freedom you chose to embrace with aspects of the film like that. It seemed you were willing to say, if I feel like changing something, I will.

Rob Zombie: "I just figured they were two separate films. There's no sense nit-picking and sticking to a point just for continuity sake. I usually made choices based on what would made the film better. The character that probably mutated the most from the first film is Otis. And I just thought that, given the way I wanted to shoot this film and the vibe of it, the character from the first film would just look... stupid and be laughable. He had to be changed in order to fit into the new world I was creating."

Ain't It Cool News: Last night I had a friend over and we watched a double-feature of "House of 1000 Corpses' and "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre Part 2". The first two "Chainsaw" films are a specific example of a filmmaker who felt totally free to do quite a bit of reinvention the second time out. There are some elements of "Corpses" that are reminiscent of "Chainsaw 2", and I wonder what feelings you have about Tobe Hooper's choices with his sequel. He really went out there in reinvented much of the "Saw" mythology.

Rob Zombie: "(Long pause) It's funny. He did sort of kind the exact opposite of what I did. His first film is very real and his second film becomes more cartoonish. My first film is more cartoonish and my second film became real. They're exactly the opposite. I know as a fan it can be upsetting because when 'Chainsaw 2' came out and I went to see it the day it opened, I went expecting to pick up where I left off with the other film. And I was kind of shocked to see that the tone was lighter and a lot goofier... campier than the first film."

Ain't It Cool News: I hadn't put that together, that you guys are doing the exact same thing but reversed.

Rob Zombie: "I never thought of it until the second you said it, either. It wasn't like a conscious thing. I just, in general, think that sequels are a tricky game. And for me to even want to do this movie, I didn't want to make the same movie again at all. So that's why in order for me to even be inspired to make another movie with these characters, I had to dig deeper and make them real people you'd want to watch. Not just walking catchphrases. That's why Captain Spaulding... there's a brief moment of him with the clown makeup, and I was like, we gotta get rid of that, because he's never gonna be a real character in any moment of this movie if he's the horror icon that's on t-shirts and Bobbleheads."

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #91 on: June 17, 2005, 07:20:39 AM »

In a recent interview with the BBC Radio 1 Rock Show, BLACK SABBATH guitarist Tony Iommi revealed that the SABBATH show at Donington Park (Download Festival) in Derbyshire, U.K. was filmed for an upcoming DVD release. No further information is currently available.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #92 on: June 17, 2005, 03:08:09 PM »

IRON MAIDEN fan site MaidenFans.com has uploaded the cover artwork for MAIDEN's forthcoming greatest hits album "The Essential Iron Maiden".

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #93 on: June 22, 2005, 02:21:08 PM »

The track listing has been finalized for the Ozzfest 2005 summer sampler. The CD will be available at the Ozzfest Summer Sampler tent for free, and as a consolation prize in the Village of the Damned at any of the game booths.

Ozzfest 2005 summer sampler track listing:

OZZY OSBOURNE ? "21st Century Schizoid Man"
TONY IOMMI ? "Dopamine"
GZR - "Pardon My Depression"
A DOZEN FURIES ? "The Everlasting Grudge"
THE BLACK DAHLIA MURDER ? "A Vulger Picture"
THE HAUNTED ? "No Compromise"
IT DIES TODAY ? "Freak Gasoline Fight Accident"
SOILWORK ? "Stabbing The Drama"
ARCH ENEMY ? "Nemesis" (Rough Mix)
BRUCE DICKINSON ? "Tyranny of Souls"
GIZMACHI ? "The Answer"
BURY YOUR DEAD - 'The Color of Money'
IN FLAMES ? "My Sweet Shadow"
TRIVIUM ? "A Gunshot To The Head of Trepidation"
WICKED WISDOM ? "Something Inside of Me"

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #94 on: June 22, 2005, 04:55:13 PM »

The artwork for the IRON MAIDEN's upcoming "Death on the Road" live CD/DVD
« Last Edit: June 23, 2005, 02:39:17 PM by Malcolm » Logged

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #95 on: June 24, 2005, 07:38:53 AM »

BLACK SABBATH performed at the Wiener Stadthalle in Vienna, Austria on Monday (June 20).
01. NIB
02. After Forever
03. War Pigs
04. Dirty Women
05. Fairies Wear Boots
06. Symptom of the Universe / Sweet Leaf / Electric Funeral
07. Iron Man
08. Into the Void
09. Black Sabbath
10. The Wizard
11. Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
12. Paranoid

Encore
13. Children of the Grave

Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #96 on: June 25, 2005, 02:11:26 AM »

Awesome set...I'm so happy they're finally playing different stuff.  Also they're playing a longer set too.  Do you know if they're playing all of Sabbath Bloody Sabbath or just the beginning as an intro to Paranoid like they did last year?  I'd love to hear some stuff off of SBS.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #97 on: June 25, 2005, 08:51:03 AM »

Awesome set...I'm so happy they're finally playing different stuff.  Also they're playing a longer set too.  Do you know if they're playing all of Sabbath Bloody Sabbath or just the beginning as an intro to Paranoid like they did last year?  I'd love to hear some stuff off of SBS.

I belive there just playing the intro to Paranoid

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #98 on: June 30, 2005, 11:56:24 AM »

BLACK SABBATH's Tony Iommi (guitar) and Geezer Butler (bass) will tape an appearance on MTV2's "Headbanger's Ball" when they are in New York next month during their Ozzfest tour. The show will be broadcast on Saturday, July 23 at 10:00 p.m.

As previously reported, Iommi and Butler will be the featured guests on the nationally syndicated radio show "Rockline" airing Wednesday, July 20. The live show begins at 8:30 p.m. PT / 11:30 p.m. ET, and fans are encouraged to call in with questions during the program at (800) 344-ROCK (7625).

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #99 on: July 03, 2005, 06:53:47 PM »

June 29, 2005
T-Mobile Arena
Prague, Czech Republic

SET LIST
Intro
NIB
After Forever