Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 09:59:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227888 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Duff stole Courtney Taylor-Taylor's girlfriend?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Duff stole Courtney Taylor-Taylor's girlfriend?  (Read 9036 times)
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« on: April 07, 2004, 01:04:26 PM »

This isn't too big of a deal, but I thought it was funny anyway.  I was listening to a bootleg of a Dandy Warhols show, and right after the song I Love You, Courtney Taylor-Taylor went off about how the song was written about an ex-girlfriend who dumped him for the bassist of Guns N' Roses (she was trading up).  He didn't sound too happy about it.  I thought it was interesting, because the Dandy's latest release, Welcome to the Monkey House, includes a video which has Scott Weiland in it.

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
Rebecca Duff Rose
Roxi McK
VIP

Kool Ranch Dres'ing

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2004, 10:38:43 AM »

Er............GO DUFF!

SLASH- "Guitar solos are back," he said with a grin through his long, curly mane.
GNR- The hardworking band that once called themselves FAMILY!!!
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2004, 11:14:00 AM »

This isn't too big of a deal, but I thought it was funny anyway.  I was listening to a bootleg of a Dandy Warhols show, and right after the song I Love You, Courtney Taylor-Taylor went off about how the song was written about an ex-girlfriend who dumped him for the bassist of Guns N' Roses (she was trading up).  He didn't sound too happy about it.  I thought it was interesting, because the Dandy's latest release, Welcome to the Monkey House, includes a video which has Scott Weiland in it.

GNR have had so many members how do u know which bassist they were referring too? hihi

Quick! To the bandwagon!
gypsy eyes
Headliner

proud to be a llama!

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2004, 12:20:52 PM »

GNR have had so many members how do u know which bassist they were referring too? hihi
because from day 1 GnR only had Duff as a bassist and he stayed till '97! Unless after that...
Either the bassist is another one or it's not true, never heard anything about that Huh  Could be though, I'll go check
*runs off looking for the answer in her Duff bible* rofl

You got something to say to me
Well say it to my face
I'm so sick of society
That says me I'm out of place
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2004, 06:01:16 PM »

it could be Tommy... but i dont think so... it has to be duff... GO DUFF! GO!!!!!!  peace

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
loretian
VIP

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2004, 06:37:10 PM »

He actually said it was Duff McKagan during the rant.  I don't have it here or I'd type it out.

Yep, Go Duff!  ok

matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2004, 06:08:26 AM »

Er............GO DUFF!

hihi

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
loretian
VIP

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2004, 12:18:17 PM »

Okay, for "historical purposes", here's the transcript of the rant.  It's from Brussels, Belgium March 21, 2001.  I don't know when Duff met his wife, so I don't know if this is the same girl or what.  Since Courtney Taylor-Taylor does know Scott Weiland, given his friendship with Duff (or at least their wives' friendship) it makes sense that this rant could be true.

Zia is their hot chick bass player who plays bass on the keyboards.  She's hot and is naked (along with some of the other members)  inside the album cover of their second album, "Dandy Warhols Come Down."   ok

"Jesus Christ, Zia's gotta fucken pee already...Hmm.. well we have been playing for uh.. at least fifteen minutes.  So, you know... you gotta figure... Um.. well, Should we talk about that last song a little bit?  OK.  Um.. that song was written about four years ago for uh, the first, the first of many women who ended up um, actually trading me in.  They.. they trade up, is what they do.  So uh, that one, that one... I got traded in for the bass player of Guns N' Roses <crowd starts cheering> You know how fucken..?  Uh... 'I Love YOu'.  'Holiday' Uh.. 'Green'  and 'Whipping Tree' all of that. wsp... gone!  Because of... Duff McKagan from Guns N' Roses.  Yep... yeah.  Uh-huh.... has anybody ever seen the guitarist from Hole up close?  He's like... Lurch!  Yeah.. that was las- that was two years ago <unintelligible> So um.. I'm figuring... as long as there is .. as long as other bands sell more records than mine, I will always have some shit to write songs about.  It's alright though.. I, I like it.. it's fine for me now."

Yeah, anyway... Courtney Taylor-Taylor is a pretty cool guy.  I saw the Dandy's play at 1st Ave and afterwards, Courtney showed up the bar I was hanging out at, and I got to chat with him a bit.  He was a nice guy, down to earth but high on coke and had more than few girls with him, so I guess he's doing alright now.   ok
« Last Edit: April 12, 2004, 12:58:55 PM by loretian » Logged

Rebecca Duff Rose
Roxi McK
VIP

Kool Ranch Dres'ing

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2004, 04:02:36 PM »

Erm...... I STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND?

What has this got to do with DUFF!!!!!!

Explain it c-l-e-a-r-l-y for me! {pretty please with Strawberries on top!}  Grin

Who is er... Courtney and Zia?
When did it happen?  Huh  Huh  Huh

SLASH- "Guitar solos are back," he said with a grin through his long, curly mane.
loretian
VIP

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2004, 05:31:45 PM »

Sorry, I guess his rant is hard to understand, because I typed out exactly how he said it.

Courtney Taylor-Taylor is the frontman for the group The Dandy Warhols.  Zia is the keyboardist.  The part about Zia was just how he began his rant because she had to pee just a short way into the concert, so he went off while she was using the bathroom.  I just included it because I thought it was funny.

So, anyway, he just basically goes on to say that his girlfriend, whom he wrote many songs about on their first couple of albums, dumped him in favor of Duff.   That's basically the gist of it.  He mentions some other things, and how that kind of shit inspires him to write more songs.  The concert this rant is from was in 2001, and he says it was four years ago, so it would have been around 1997 when this apparently happened.

On the Dandy Warhol's latest release, Welcome to the Monkey House, there is a short video (it's an actual story, not a music video) which has Scott Weiland in it, so apparently Courtney knows Scott Weiland, so it makes sense that he'd know or have run into Duff too, which makes the story sound believable.

Does that help at all?  Sorry, I'm having a brain dead day at work today, and I can't tell if anything I'm writing makes any sense to anyone else besides me.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2004, 05:33:29 PM by loretian » Logged

gypsy eyes
Headliner

proud to be a llama!

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2004, 07:12:03 PM »

looked it up, can't find anything about it anywhere. Maybe it was just a flirt, a simple fuck, nothing more. Duff wasn't married or even with Susan at the time but he never metioned that chicka anywhere and if it was something big he would have... So we can conclude that dear Courtney just got screwed rofl

You got something to say to me
Well say it to my face
I'm so sick of society
That says me I'm out of place
Rebecca Duff Rose
Roxi McK
VIP

Kool Ranch Dres'ing

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2004, 07:57:45 AM »

Does that help at all?  Sorry, I'm having a brain dead day at work today, and I can't tell if anything I'm writing makes any sense to anyone else besides me.

yes  beer  ok
Thabnkyou very much!
Now i understand!  Grin

No wonder his girlfriend went off with Duff- i mean god Duff is like sooooooo hot!
Lucky cow!  rofl

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: