Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 03:24:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227888 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  baz mentions axl :)
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: baz mentions axl :)  (Read 7330 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2015, 06:19:14 AM »

Well, yeah.... I mean, do you want to see an opening act that performs good or just dances for you? Wink

That was my point for people who only commented on what Baz said or how he acted.

I'm not sure if Baz and his band were there because they're relevant. The shows I saw with them opening they did a great job of getting the crowd going. Which kinda is why there's the opening act(s).

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2015, 12:17:55 PM »

That's a funny review of an opening act at a concert. No mention of what he's there to do, which is to sing.

I know it's not everybody's cup of tea, tastes differ. It's fine.
But there's more to an opening act than what the singer says on stage or the way he acts....  hihi

/jarmo

So he is only there to 'sing'?
I said the music was woeful and additionally his behavious was infantile and cringeworthy. His voice was a long way lacking from his prime as well. So if I had have said the exact opposite to the above that would be deemed ok? Sorry it was a bad look for a support act to a band intending to be relevant IN MY OPINION. that is all. Just my opinion but I think it was shared by a loy of people. Just as having Vanilla Ice opening would offer some guilt by association. That's all I'm saying.

I don't see how anybody can criticize his voice, impressive range and power- he is a great opener for GNR, imo.

My gripe was simply that he used to run his mouth about GNR a little too much for my taste- very subjective and only my opinion.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2015, 04:00:16 PM »

To this day, I remain a huge fan of Baz era Skid Row.

'Slave To The Grind' is still a desert album for me.  Even though I bought the cassette back when I was only 13.  Still love, love, love that album.

Shit, I even like a few tunes from 'Subhuman Race'. 

What I am trying to establish here is that despite him being dated, not relevant in forever...I still love the guy.  GREAT voice for his (admittedly, musically limited) genre

But, I can't get all that worked up if people roll their eyes at him.  I actually tell people about my love for the STTG album with no shame.  It rarely, if ever, gets me an "atta guy".  I did meet one guy once that, once I told him that, actually started quoting 'Wasted Time'.  He might be the only one though.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2015, 01:40:06 PM »

^atta guy!!!

breaking down of subhuman race is one of my all time favourites (not just skid row, but rock in general)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MxgEM-K6nY

1:45+ is so mmmmmmmm
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 01:44:45 PM by Lucky » Logged

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2015, 07:52:23 PM »

I heard Skid Row this past weekend at the NJ Food Truck Festival. They were good, but not great. They need Baz there.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: