Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 08:57:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227910 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The Likelihood of A New Album In 2016
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Likelihood of A New Album In 2016  (Read 91743 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #420 on: October 21, 2015, 05:39:55 PM »

Has there been any kind of precedent where a band releases an album in which most of the band members who contributed to it are no longer around? whether the next album of new material is a combination of robin/buckethead or dj/Ron. I would love to know if this has been done before im not including bands were 1 member left and was replaced I really think this is the reason we haven't gotten a new album yet. I think the burning question is for Axl is if he wants to put out an album where none of the guitarists are currently in the band and if he wants to bring in someone new to play whatever parts robin/bucket/dj/ron played.

Not that they are exactly a great example of a serious band, but I believe the one Whitesnake album, (the one with 'here I go Again', thus the only Whitesnake album anyone would ever have) was recorded by a totally different group of people that wound up in the videos and then on tour.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #421 on: October 21, 2015, 05:48:01 PM »

Correct me if I'm wrong but, the last time we heard from Axl about new music was when he said they'd finish up the shows in Vegas and take a look at what to do from there. So I'm not sure if the clock honestly doesn't start until then. Let's also remember that Axl doesn't seem to be a big fan of clocks to begin with, so I'm not sure it matters what date we circle back to.

Hahaha.  Very true.

Honestly, I think people would be in a better place if there was more evidence things were at work since he said that.  Not an album on the shelf, but tangible progress.

Instead, all we have are 3 band defections and some sort of vauge "how you know things aren't happening, smartguy?" type stuff from other defensive fans.

Not exactly airtight, that case.

Ashba quit in July, Ron quit during the SA tour, but it sounds better to some detractors to overlook that detail.

Why do you need someone to hold your hand through the entire process ?

The last statement about the next album from Axl was in Revolver, he hasn't said anything has changed in that respect, and tweeted that picture from a studio.

and we've come full circle. Why did those members quit again?

Why don't you go ask them and get back to us Cheesy

why? when i can just ask you... who seems to think they know everything?

OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #422 on: October 21, 2015, 05:48:43 PM »

I think it was a smart move, too.  But if nothing comes of it, then we're duped (again) and everyone can walk away blamelessly.  If you're going to give the impression (however vague) that things are in motion, and say you're "very seriously" looking into releasing music that's already recorded, then it's not crazy, a year and half later, to wonder what's going on and hope for an update.  But that's what Fernando's going to deliver "soon."

Part of me feels bad for him though.

That's the nature of the job, I guess.  But being the guy on the firing line is no fun.

I consider White House press secretary the worst job in the world.  You have to be a sadist to want that job.

But if Fernando gets burned, he's the one that is going to take the heat.  Look how that "three hour meeting" thing took on a life of it's own.

Yeah that Three hour Meeting is as amusing as the rest of Troll lingo and Troll logic.

Fernando said there would be an update in a few months, I believe him.

I believe we are at least a couple to a few months from when he made that statement too.. any day now  Wink
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #423 on: October 21, 2015, 05:57:15 PM »

Semantics. Whatever condition the songs are currently in they aren't released. They could still be worked on, tinkered with, etc. So I wouldn't really consider them "done" until they're handed over to the label and prepped for release.

Ultimately true, obviously.

But the songs are already written and recorded.  And have been for some time now.

So really, what we're trying to do, is put a good spin on mixing and mastering, or "tinkering" if you prefer...that goes on for years at a time.

Years.
Yeah, but like jarmo said. Maybe they were "finished" and ready to be released. Maybe something happened that pushed the release back, so it's possible they could choose to tweak them a little. Heck, maybe the record company "hinted" that they could use a little work. Happened with CD 10 times over from all accounts.

Thats all well and good, but whats stopping GNR management or Axl and coming out and saying look.. we had planned for this to be out by XYZ.. but we have hit some stumbling blocks (whatever that might be) and allude to it.

The apologists seems to portray this operation like NASA in terms of secrecy and security.  Roll Eyes

Whatever anyone wants to say... there is no argument for the lack of information that the fans get in regards to this stuff. How hard is it to shed some light on this stuff?
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #424 on: October 21, 2015, 06:00:50 PM »

No I was obviously speaking of the totality of the content and general direction your posts have.

Extrapolating your post history-I definitely can form a pretty accurate picture, it is no mystery at all what your general tendency is here.

We are obviously on different teams.

Oh, we're all on the same team, I think.

Sitting in the locker room, asking each other when the front office is going to finally get serious about putting a winning product on the field.

Nope-

You are continually finding something to complain and whine about, in addition to constantly regurgitating the same arguments time and time again. You also THINK you know what is going on and invent scenarios and conversations.

We are not on the same team.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #425 on: October 21, 2015, 06:04:24 PM »

Correct me if I'm wrong but, the last time we heard from Axl about new music was when he said they'd finish up the shows in Vegas and take a look at what to do from there. So I'm not sure if the clock honestly doesn't start until then. Let's also remember that Axl doesn't seem to be a big fan of clocks to begin with, so I'm not sure it matters what date we circle back to.

Hahaha.  Very true.

Honestly, I think people would be in a better place if there was more evidence things were at work since he said that.  Not an album on the shelf, but tangible progress.

Instead, all we have are 3 band defections and some sort of vauge "how you know things aren't happening, smartguy?" type stuff from other defensive fans.

Not exactly airtight, that case.

Ashba quit in July, Ron quit during the SA tour, but it sounds better to some detractors to overlook that detail.

Why do you need someone to hold your hand through the entire process ?

The last statement about the next album from Axl was in Revolver, he hasn't said anything has changed in that respect, and tweeted that picture from a studio.

and we've come full circle. Why did those members quit again?

Why don't you go ask them and get back to us Cheesy

why? when i can just ask you... who seems to think they know everything?

Oh, you mean DGenX- maybe you two could get together and share misinformation Cheesy

"Shut the fuck up."
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #426 on: October 21, 2015, 06:06:20 PM »

Semantics. Whatever condition the songs are currently in they aren't released. They could still be worked on, tinkered with, etc. So I wouldn't really consider them "done" until they're handed over to the label and prepped for release.

But the songs are already written and recorded.  And have been for some time now.

So really, what we're trying to do, is put a good spin on mixing and mastering, or "tinkering" if you prefer...that goes on for years at a time.

Years.
Yeah, but like jarmo said. Maybe they were "finished" and ready to be released. Maybe something happened that pushed the release back, so it's possible they could choose to tweak them a little. Heck, maybe the record company "hinted" that they could use a little work. Happened with CD 10 times over from all accounts.

Thats all well and good, but whats stopping GNR management or Axl and coming out and saying look.. we had planned for this to be out by XYZ.. but we have hit some stumbling blocks (whatever that might be) and allude to it.

The apologists seems to portray this operation like NASA in terms of secrecy and security.  Roll Eyes

Whatever anyone wants to say... there is no argument for the lack of information that the fans get in regards to this stuff. How hard is it to shed some light on this stuff?

Why do you feel entitled to a play by play? When there is new information to share it will be shared through official channels.

How hard is that to comprehend? Cheesy

"Shut the fuck up."
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #427 on: October 21, 2015, 06:11:29 PM »

Years.

Why do you feel entitled to a play by play? When there is new information to share it will be shared through official channels.

To trot that line out like its a valid reason for running this business this way is embarrassing.

Listen... its difficult to reason with you because you are so unreasonable. You wave more pom poms than any superfan of anything that i have ever seen accross any interest.. whether it be football, music, whatever.

You simply are not capable of a rational civilized conversation without shouting people down and your shitty undertones in everything you write dont impress anyone.

GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #428 on: October 21, 2015, 06:13:09 PM »

Has there been any kind of precedent where a band releases an album in which most of the band members who contributed to it are no longer around? whether the next album of new material is a combination of robin/buckethead or dj/Ron. I would love to know if this has been done before im not including bands were 1 member left and was replaced I really think this is the reason we haven't gotten a new album yet. I think the burning question is for Axl is if he wants to put out an album where none of the guitarists are currently in the band and if he wants to bring in someone new to play whatever parts robin/bucket/dj/ron played.

Not that they are exactly a great example of a serious band, but I believe the one Whitesnake album, (the one with 'here I go Again', thus the only Whitesnake album anyone would ever have) was recorded by a totally different group of people that wound up in the videos and then on tour.

This was actually going to be my one example i was going to use John sykes or however you spell it lol.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #429 on: October 21, 2015, 06:14:55 PM »

Years.

To trot that line out like its a valid reason for running this business this way is embarrassing.

Listen... its difficult to reason with you because you are so unreasonable. You wave more pom poms than any superfan of anything that i have ever seen accross any interest.. whether it be football, music, whatever.

You simply are not capable of a rational civilized conversation without shouting people down and your shitty undertones in everything you write dont impress anyone.

Haha hihi

What an upsetting concept for you, a positive fan on a fan forum- such a rare and unusual occurance.

Poor you-it must be traumatizing.

"Shut the fuck up."
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #430 on: October 21, 2015, 06:24:29 PM »

Years.

Haha hihi

What an upsetting concept for you, a positive fan on a fan forum- such a rare and unusual occurance.

As i have told you many times Emily.. you are amusing.. somewhat entertaining.

To answer the question, and not derail the thread, ill explain.. (and im sure you will have a quality reply ready to go which ill look forward too)... but..

Why is their such a reluctance from super fans like you to acknowledge that perhaps after all the years that the fans supported all incarnations of the band and Axl that they get to hear from the one guy that they really want to hear from? It just makes no sense to me that anyone can justify the lack of information that comes from this camp. To put it in one word.. its unprofessional. In the extreme.

I love Axl, and im the biggest Axl fan of anyone i know.. and i am positive about things when there is something to be positive about, but i dont walk around like im in some kind of cult and ignore the facts that this bands management is run in a fairly ordinary manner... at least from a public relations point of view. To people like you who blindly follow everything Uncle Axl does with no need to question anything thats not an issue.. but you would be in the extreme minority of fans, perhaps not on this board however.  Roll Eyes 

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #431 on: October 21, 2015, 06:30:46 PM »

What you, and those like you, seem to forget is that your complaints about how the band runs its business is not something new to 2015. Therefore, it's tiring to those of us who have been on these fan sites for more than a month.
Sorry if this comes off as some kind of elitist crap, but it's true.

Your complaints about how things are done could've been posted a decade or two ago.
Get over it.

Thank you.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #432 on: October 21, 2015, 06:44:05 PM »

Yeah, but that earlier point about not speaking ill while you are dealing with them was a valid one.

If things are shitty now, running to the press could hurt.

But it would depend how you phrased it, obviously.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #433 on: October 21, 2015, 06:51:00 PM »

Years.

Haha hihi

To answer the question, and not derail the thread, ill explain.. (and im sure you will have a quality reply ready to go which ill look forward too)... but..

Why is their such a reluctance from super fans like you to acknowledge that perhaps after all the years that the fans supported all incarnations of the band and Axl that they get to hear from the one guy that they really want to hear from? It just makes no sense to me that anyone can justify the lack of information that comes from this camp. To put it in one word.. its unprofessional. In the extreme.

I love Axl, and im the biggest Axl fan of anyone i know.. and i am positive about things when there is something to be positive about, but i dont walk around like im in some kind of cult and ignore the facts that this bands management is run in a fairly ordinary manner... at least from a public relations point of view. To people like you who blindly follow everything Uncle Axl does with no need to question anything thats not an issue.. but you would be in the extreme minority of fans, perhaps not on this board however.  Roll Eyes 

Sure, the true people that are supportive fans here are always maligned and attacked by trolls, filth and "fans" like you.

The common things said are "We are in a cult, we are angry, we are deluded, pom-pom wavers", etc-ad nauseum.

Have heard it all before-you are not witty, clever or original-you merely have internet access.

Doesn't affect my life or support for GNR one iota.

Many of you thinly disguise your endless complaints as "concern" or "worrying"- nobody is fooled- it gets tiring listening to the constant negativity from a certain few "fans" here.  Kiss
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 06:55:18 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #434 on: October 21, 2015, 06:57:11 PM »

Yeah, but that earlier point about not speaking ill while you are dealing with them was a valid one

Most definitely.. but no-one is saying Axl has to come out and dish the dirt and bag those people out who Axl is dealing with.

I mean... what are we asking here? From my point of view... just some information along the lines of.. look.. we have hit some stumbling blocks with the negotiations of the release... IF thats what it is?

And look.. that's just a guess.. perhaps there is no issues with the label or negotiations.. people on here are just assuming that. And that's my point, it could be that Axl isnt comfortable with the material, maybe its not finished? maybe releasing it with things up in the air with an actual band has changed his decision? who knows... a simple statement is all it needs to be. Again.. its not nasa... lets get real about things aye?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 06:58:44 PM by OscarAxl22 » Logged
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #435 on: October 21, 2015, 06:58:15 PM »

Years.

Haha hihi

Sure, the true people that are supportive fans here are always maligned and attacked by trolls, filth and "fans" like you.

The common things said are "We are in a cult, we are angry, we are deluded, pom-pom wavers", etc-ad nauseum.

Have heard it all before-you are not witty, clever or original-you merely have internet access.

Many of you thinly disguise your endless complaints as "concern" or "worrying"- nobody is fooled- it gets tiring listening to the constant negativity from a certain few "fans" here.  Kiss

way to address the post emily.  rofl
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #436 on: October 21, 2015, 07:03:03 PM »

Yeah, but that earlier point about not speaking ill while you are dealing with them was a valid one

Most definitely.. but no-one is saying Axl has to come out and dish the dirt and bag those people out who Axl is dealing with.

I mean... what are we asking here? From my point of view... just some information along the lines of.. look.. we have hit some stumbling blocks with the negotiations of the release... IF thats what it is?

And look.. that's just a guess.. perhaps there is no issues with the label or negotiations.. people on here are just assuming that. And that's my point, it could be that Axl isnt comfortable with the material, maybe its not finished? maybe releasing it with things up in the air with an actual band has changed his decision? who knows... a simple statement is all it needs to be. Again.. its not nasa... lets get real about things aye?

Some people feel they are somehow "entitled" to information, that is a mistaken notion, along with the cute assumption that some "fans" have about the band "owing" them music.

When a tour is announced you can choose to attend it, or not- when a new album is announced you can choose to buy it or not.

You are not "owed" a play by play, nobody said they would coddle you or hold your hand. You are not "owed" information about negotiations or other business matters.

The constant complaing gets tiring.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 07:05:08 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #437 on: October 21, 2015, 07:03:53 PM »

Years.

Haha hihi

way to address the post emily.  rofl

I considered the source and responded accordingly, angrily and with pom-poms   Kiss
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 07:08:10 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #438 on: October 21, 2015, 07:27:39 PM »

Much like the title of this topic is the likelihood of a new album in 2016. My question is the likelihood of any gnr topic not leading back to the same he said she said bs. Why can't we all just talk about what it would be like if we actually got an album in 2016. Let's fantasize people and if it happens our fantasies come true if not for all the naysayers they can say well what else is new because you know when and if an album comes out all the naysayers are going to be like OMG OMG i love this song that song the whole album and will act like nothing was ever wrong in the first place.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 07:30:01 PM by GNR4LIFEJD » Logged
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #439 on: October 21, 2015, 07:58:32 PM »

Much like the title of this topic is the likelihood of a new album in 2016. My question is the likelihood of any gnr topic not leading back to the same he said she said bs. Why can't we all just talk about what it would be like if we actually got an album in 2016. Let's fantasize people and if it happens our fantasies come true if not for all the naysayers they can say well what else is new because you know when and if an album comes out all the naysayers are going to be like OMG OMG i love this song that song the whole album and will act like nothing was ever wrong in the first place.

Very well.

I hope the next album has the same standard of guitar work that was on CD, because I thought it was the highlight of the album.

On a lesser note, I hope more of the songs have more traditional choruses.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: